Top 10 Horror Movies You Need To Watch!
“What’s Your Favorite Scary Movie?”
The weekend is just around the corner! Chances are you’re planning on being social with friends, eagerly anticipating your nextGrindr date, or are simply spending time alone trying a new recipe. Regardless of your decision, there is always time to sneak in a new film to watch. For all you lovers of all things Horror-related, I’m here to suggest your next favorite scary movie!
What is there not to love about Horror films?! You get to see the hottest of hot struggle through a slasher film or get the creeps during a supernatural encounter. If you aren’t a lover of Horror movies, can anyone really trust you!?
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite Indie Horror films that you might not have seen. Trust me, there’s plenty of homoerotic context in a lot of them! Trust me, I’m doing this with purpose. Let’s get started, shall we?!
If you’re gay, you know Hellbentis the Horror film that you’ve been waiting for. Taking place in West Hollywood during the iconic Halloween parade, a group of friends encounter a masked killer and try to escape him. The ending might not give us what we were hoping for, but it’s still fun to see an entire cast of gays run amuck throughout one of our favorite neighborhoods.
The Axe Murders of Villisca
I randomly found The Axe Murders of Villiscaon Netflix when I decided to clean my apartment. Low and behold, I was immediately trapped into watching the film because of it’s gay HERO and main character, played by the ever-so-adorable Jarrett Sleeper. Sleeper reached out to me via Instagram after I shared my love for the movie. Get this- Sleeper even gets to share a kiss with his love-interest in the movie. The production does a great job making Sleeper appear…ugly. They hide his ridiculous body throughout the entire movie. WHY?!
This one is heavy, hot, terrifying…and finally, we get a gay hero in a Horror movie. MUST SEE!
Voodoo Academy is dubbed the all-male version of The Craft. Ehhh. Not necessarily, but it is a sexy theme to have a handful of Catholic school boys running around trying not to be sacrificed. I will take any excuse to get Riley Smith in front of me, though. So Academy is a win for me!
The first Horror movie I’ve ever watched is Demon Knight. Immediately, I had such a crush on Billy Zane. Then, upon watching, he turns into the Devil and I’ve been afraid of him ever since. Thanks for latching me onto being attracted to daddies, though, Billy! In the film, we get to see Jada Pinkett Smith kick some serious demon-butt. The stand out character, of course, is the emotional escort who just wants to be loved. Awe! I’m sure we can all relate to her at some point.
All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
In her earlier work, Johnny Depp’s ex-wife, Amber Heard, plays vixen Mandy in the Indie Horror film, All The Boys Love Mandy Lane. The premise follows a group of teenagers who begin killing one another over their love for Mandy. Don’t worry, the film is so homoerotic. Between the boys battling one another…and the girls who eventually become obsessed with Mandy as well. Plot twists galore- this is definitely a fun watch on any Friday night.
The most recently distributedon this list, The Invitation can be currently found on Netflix. While it may appear as a 2-hour drama, the last thirty minutes of this film are absolutely bat-shit insane. As a viewer, we are constantly misguided into believing the suspense for about ninety minutes. Once the plot reaches the climax, however, we are given such an extreme treat. This is a crucial movie that makes you think twice about your household objects. What can be used as a weapon?! Speaking of which, I need to grab a candle holder.
Night Of The Demons
I’m not talking about the almost-made-it-there-remake from a few years ago. The classic, 1980s Night Of The Demons, is fantastic! Have you ever heard of a girl who pushes a lipstick through her nipple? Yes? Well, this is that movie. It’s horrifying. It’ll make you not want to be intimidate with anyone for a very long time. So maybe don’t watch this during date night. I wish I could’ve seen this at a drive-in theater. Gosh, it’s so epic! It spawned a handful of sequels, but none measure up to the brilliance of the first.
I watched 2001 Maniacs over a decade ago! I was so in love with one of the main characters, he’s a ridiculously hot, gay guy! He’s so hot and manipulative that he nabs a straight boy to sleep with. He literally states: “The difference between a straight guy and a gay guy is a six pack of beer.” He’s right. And, he gets on top. What?! Not only does the filmgive great gore and scare, it stars Robert Englund of Nightmare on Elm Street fame.
Almost every single day I’m asked what my favorite Horror film is. I state the same answer again and again: Kill Theory. The Indie film hasn’t been seen by many, but stars Taryn Manning (Orange Is The New Black) and Daniel Franzese (Mean Girls). Every actor delivers in their character. Eight stereotypes, vacationing in a cabin in the woods, with a serial killer lurking. Sounds like a repeat of every bad scary movie on Netflix, right? NO! This film takes a turn by forcing the friends to play Battle Royale with one another. The master manipulation, unexpected outcome, and fierce revenge drives this film to the top of my list. If you aren’t a fan by the end of this film, you must create your own Top 10 Horror Film List and send it to me! Honestly…the…ending…will…have…you…SHOOK!
While the above may be my favorite, Southbound is by far the most terrifying movie I’ve ever watched. I unfortunately had to watch this twice, as I showed it to a friend. The plot and scares stuck with me for weeks…maybe months afterwards. The intertwined stories of five different groups of people are the focus of Southbound. Revenge, pedophiles, murderers, an upcoming girl group, and a lost man are the focus of the film. Your eyes will be glued to the screen. Once you start this movie, you can’t stop. Everything truly goes south the moment you press play.
Did your favorite Indie Horror film make my list?! Have you seen any of my favorites?! I can always use a new scary movie to watch, so please let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Read the original here:
Top 10 Horror Movies You Need To Watch! – Instinct Magazine
- 16 Horror Movies Coming In 2019 (And 9 Possibilities) - May 19th, 2019
- Amazon.com: Watch Scary Movie | Prime Video - May 14th, 2019
- Scary Movie (5/12) Movie CLIP - Wazzup! (2000) HD - April 29th, 2019
- Scary movies locations that you can visit - INSIDER - April 23rd, 2019
- Why Watching Scary Horror Movies for Halloween May Help ... - April 21st, 2019
- Best Horror Movies of All Time, Ranked: Scariest ... - Thrillist - April 2nd, 2019
- Scary Movie (6/12) Movie CLIP - Wanna Play Pyscho Killer? (2000) HD - April 2nd, 2019
- Everything to know about the 'Scary Stories to Tell in the ... - April 2nd, 2019
- Scary Movie - Official Site - Miramax - April 2nd, 2019
- Halloween 2018: How Scary (& Violent) Is The New Movie? - March 29th, 2019
- Insidious (2010) - IMDb - March 8th, 2019
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Mini-Trailers Reveal Movie ... - February 5th, 2019
- 2019 horror movies: Are you ready to scream? - CNET - January 20th, 2019
- The Best Horror Movies on Netflix Right Now - collider.com - January 14th, 2019
- Top 10 Best Horror Movies of 2018! | Arrow in the Head - December 30th, 2018
- The Best Horror Movies of 2018 - filmschoolrejects.com - December 23rd, 2018
- Scary Movie - Everything2.com - December 3rd, 2018
- Scary Movie (1/12) Movie CLIP - Femme Fatality (2000) HD - November 28th, 2018
- Horror movies: What was the first scary movie you saw ... - October 29th, 2018
- The 35 Scariest Movies of All Time | Reader's Digest - October 15th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Scary Movie 4: Anna Faris, Regina Hall, Craig ... - September 26th, 2018
- Scary Movie 3 (2003) - Rotten Tomatoes - September 24th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Scary Movie [Blu-ray]: Anna Faris, Jon ... - September 14th, 2018
- Scary Movie 3 - Wikipedia - August 23rd, 2018
- Scary Movie Movie Review - Common Sense Media - August 22nd, 2018
- Scary Movie 3 (11/11) Movie CLIP - Down the Well (2003) HD ... - August 19th, 2018
- The Best Horror Movies of 2017 (So Far) - Vulture - August 1st, 2018
- Scary Movie 2 (2001) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb - July 28th, 2018
- Scary Movie (2000) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb - June 22nd, 2018
- Scary Movie 4 (2006) - IMDb - June 19th, 2018
- Scary Movie (2000) - IMDb - June 18th, 2018
- Bafana: A horror movie where nobody survives - Sport24 - September 7th, 2017
- Here's Why You Should Be Watching A Scary Movie During Your Next Workout - Elite Daily - September 7th, 2017
- 'It' May Be Scary, but Nothing Beats Your Childhood Fears - The Ringer (blog) - September 7th, 2017
- Tennessee teen has starring role in upcoming horror movie 'It' - WBIR-TV - September 6th, 2017
- It: a superb Stephen King adaptation fueled less by scary clowns than by real-life evil - Vox - September 6th, 2017
- 17 Horror Movie Remakes That You Should Actually Watch - Vulture - September 6th, 2017
- How Get Out Inspired a New College Course on Racism and Horror - Gizmodo - September 6th, 2017
- Scary 'It' does Stephen King largely by the book: movie review - New York Daily News - September 6th, 2017
- 'IT' Movie Reactions Are Scary Good - Uproxx - UPROXX - September 6th, 2017
- An Expert Explains Why You're Scared of Creepy Clowns and Other Horror Tropes - Slate Magazine (blog) - September 6th, 2017
- Syfy - Horror Movie Magic: The practical effects behind the grossest ... - SYFY WIRE (blog) - September 6th, 2017
- Don't let 'killer crown' craze return just because scary movie IT reaches cinemas this week - Gloucestershire Live - September 6th, 2017
- Kill Me Please is a dazzling teen nightmare, and the first great horror film of fall - The Verge - September 6th, 2017
- 10 Awesome Horror Movie Deleted Scenes You Won't Believe Were Cut - WhatCulture - September 6th, 2017
- How American Horror Story: Cult Handled Election Night 2016 in Its First 7 Minutes - Vulture - September 6th, 2017
- Tobe Hooper: How the director created horror's ultimate serial killer - The Independent - September 5th, 2017
- Scary stuff: Bloomington studio creates official 'It' movie poster - Bloomington Pantagraph - September 3rd, 2017
- IT Filmmakers on Adapting Stephen King, Delivering a Scary Pennywise and Earning Their R Rating - IGN Africa - September 3rd, 2017
- HELLRAISER Gets Mondo Soundtrack and Poster Release for 30th Anniversary - Nerdist - September 3rd, 2017
- IT Filmmakers on Adapting Stephen King, Delivering a Scary Pennywise and Earning Their R Rating - IGN - September 2nd, 2017
- IT movie: The TERRIFYING reason the original Pennywise star QUIT new film - Express.co.uk - September 2nd, 2017
- 'It was wonderfully scary': Tim Curry, Rob Reiner and Kathy Bates on the joy of adapting Stephen King - The Guardian - September 1st, 2017
- Stephen King's scary movie reboot provokes tears from 'legit clowns' - The Register - August 31st, 2017
- Stephen King's IT Poised to Be One Heck of a Scary Movie - TVOvermind - August 31st, 2017
- PG-13 Horror Movies That Prove You Don't Need an R-Rating to Be Creepy AF - Collider.com - August 31st, 2017
- How the Original It Miniseries Traumatized a Generation of Kids - Vanity Fair - August 31st, 2017
- The Hollywood Tastemaker You've Never Heard Of - Vanity Fair - August 31st, 2017
- Screenwriter Gary Dauberman is the new 'It' man - The Ottawa Herald - August 31st, 2017
- The Unpopular Opinion: 'Dead Silence' is One of James Wan's Best Movies - /FILM - August 31st, 2017
- Horror movie season in full swing in Sept. - Graffiti - August 30th, 2017
- Defining IU's breakthrough - South Bend Tribune - August 30th, 2017
- "Scary as sh*t" - the first It movie reactions are in and it's good news for King fans - GamesRadar - August 29th, 2017
- 'It' Clips Show Off Pennywise the Clown, Terrified Children, Etc. - /FILM - August 29th, 2017
- WAMG Giveaway Win the LIFETIME SCARY MOVIE SET From Lionsgate - We Are Movie Geeks - August 28th, 2017
- Ne Obliviscaris' Xenoyr On His Top 10 Epic Horror Films - Dread Central - August 28th, 2017
- In 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre,' Sympathy for the Devil - New York Times - August 28th, 2017
- Annabelle: Creation - This is the REAL story behind the incredible film scaring people across Essex - Essex Live - August 28th, 2017
- Innocence lost: Stephen King's IT and the real-life horror of kids in Hollywood - The Guardian - August 28th, 2017
- Early reactions to It praise Stephen King film: 'Totally terrifying,' 'scary as sh--' - EW.com - August 28th, 2017
- Now they're really asking for It: film fuels scary obsession with Stephen King's 1986 novel - CBC.ca - August 28th, 2017
- Tobe Hooper, the horror filmmaker behind 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' is dead at 74 - Mashable - August 28th, 2017
- The First Reactions To It Are Scary Good - Gizmodo - August 26th, 2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Lakeith Stanfield Reflects on Breakout Year and 'Crown Heights' - 9NEWS.com - August 25th, 2017
- The Mist - Stephen King's adaptation oozes a familiarity in which old-school horror fans will be happy - review - Telegraph.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- Schlock & Awe: PIECES is a Bananas and Baffling Chainsaw Massacre - Nerdist - August 24th, 2017
- Eli Roth Puts Horror Classics 'in a Blender' in Terrifying New Trailer for Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights - PEOPLE.com - August 24th, 2017
- These Horror Movie Bath Bombs Are Terrifyingly Awesome - Simplemost - August 22nd, 2017
- James Van Der Beek's Daughter Has 'Great Taste' in Movies: Find Out Which (Scary!) Film She Loves Makes Him ... - PEOPLE.com - August 22nd, 2017
- The Horror Movie Jump Scare Actually Has a History - TVOvermind - August 19th, 2017
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero