Rating: 2.5/5 Stars (Two and half stars)
Star Cast: Stephanie Sigman, Talitha Bateman, Anthony LaPaglia, Miranda Otto, Lulu Wilson.
Director: David F. Sandberg
Whats Good: Few good scares here and there, BGM during those scenes, performances by Bateman & Wilson.
Whats Bad: Lifeless script, many illogical sequences.
Loo Break: No! (Not because the film is excellent, because who knows you might miss a good scene which are very few)
Watch or Not?: Only if you like Conjuring series.
Annabelle: Creation starts when Mullins family consisting of Samuel and Esther Mullins lose their only daughter Annabelle in a car accident. Cut to a few years later few orphans from St. Eustaces Girls Home arrive at Mullins house to stay as apparently theyve no else place to stay. Samuel offers his place to these orphans and their caretaker Sister Charllote to stay. His wife, now, Esther is bed ridden and cant walk because of some accident she faced.
The story builds up when girls start exploring the house facing some paranormal things happening. Enters our main hero Annabelle the doll messing things up as shes been doing in the entire Conjuring series. Running from a room to another, facing spooky things never imagined before and a twist about Annabelle is what the story comprises of.
The film follows the same template of horror movies which weve been tired of watching. A house, few people, a shocking surprise of the house being haunted, people running for their lives and creepy background music. People always think comedy genre is the one having the least logic, but actually, its horror that always comes without any logic. Why always people want to check out whats happening in the jungle next to their deserted house at 3 am in the night? Why you still want to stay at a house which you know is haunted? Just to make the audience scare and we always fall into their trap. Horror movies should top the list of criticizing movies for logic.
When youre into 30 minutes of a 1 hour 50 minutes horror movie and there is not a single chilling scene, you know the script is lazy and dragging. A couple of scenes, are good striking some scares of the audience but theyre not enough to keep them intrigued throughout the whole film. Its funny how, among the audience, I heard giggling more than scary screams.
Talitha Bateman as Janice is the kid on which the whole movie relies. She has done a wonderful job as a polio survivor running for her life through the whole movie. Her spooky smile compliments her role giving her an edge over others.
Lilu Wilson as Linda is another winner of the film. Her expressions charm you away and she has some vital scenes to her credit in the film. Her Who cares, run moment is the highlight of the film. Rest of the girls perform fine marking their presence.
Anthony LaPaglia and Miranda Otto as Mr. and Mrs. Mullins dont have much to do in the film. They were just about okay. Stephanie Sigman as Sister Charllote compliments the girls well by shining in some scenes.
Sandberg who has previously given us another snoozy-horror in Lights Out tries to bind this thin plot with few spooky scenes. The film is not unbearable, its just not something we havent seen already.
A horror movie is nothing without a blood-curdling BGM, Benjamin Wallfisch has composed the music for the film. It goes well with the horror scenes, the only issue being, theyre very few. Barring those scenes, rest of the film has very limited BGM leaving blank spaces between the scenes.
If youre a sucker for horror movies and follow the Conjuring series from the first part, then this movie is for you. Do not expect anything extraordinary watch the film, get scared and come back.
Annabelle: Creation Trailer
Annabelle: Creation releases on 18th August 2017.
Share with us your experience of watching Annabelle: Creation.
Read the original post:
Annabelle: Creation Movie Review: More Giggles Than Scary Screams – koimoi
- 16 Horror Movies Coming In 2019 (And 9 Possibilities) - May 19th, 2019
- Amazon.com: Watch Scary Movie | Prime Video - May 14th, 2019
- Scary Movie (5/12) Movie CLIP - Wazzup! (2000) HD - April 29th, 2019
- Scary movies locations that you can visit - INSIDER - April 23rd, 2019
- Why Watching Scary Horror Movies for Halloween May Help ... - April 21st, 2019
- Best Horror Movies of All Time, Ranked: Scariest ... - Thrillist - April 2nd, 2019
- Scary Movie (6/12) Movie CLIP - Wanna Play Pyscho Killer? (2000) HD - April 2nd, 2019
- Everything to know about the 'Scary Stories to Tell in the ... - April 2nd, 2019
- Scary Movie - Official Site - Miramax - April 2nd, 2019
- Halloween 2018: How Scary (& Violent) Is The New Movie? - March 29th, 2019
- Insidious (2010) - IMDb - March 8th, 2019
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Mini-Trailers Reveal Movie ... - February 5th, 2019
- 2019 horror movies: Are you ready to scream? - CNET - January 20th, 2019
- The Best Horror Movies on Netflix Right Now - collider.com - January 14th, 2019
- Top 10 Best Horror Movies of 2018! | Arrow in the Head - December 30th, 2018
- The Best Horror Movies of 2018 - filmschoolrejects.com - December 23rd, 2018
- Scary Movie - Everything2.com - December 3rd, 2018
- Scary Movie (1/12) Movie CLIP - Femme Fatality (2000) HD - November 28th, 2018
- Horror movies: What was the first scary movie you saw ... - October 29th, 2018
- The 35 Scariest Movies of All Time | Reader's Digest - October 15th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Scary Movie 4: Anna Faris, Regina Hall, Craig ... - September 26th, 2018
- Scary Movie 3 (2003) - Rotten Tomatoes - September 24th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Scary Movie [Blu-ray]: Anna Faris, Jon ... - September 14th, 2018
- Scary Movie 3 - Wikipedia - August 23rd, 2018
- Scary Movie Movie Review - Common Sense Media - August 22nd, 2018
- Scary Movie 3 (11/11) Movie CLIP - Down the Well (2003) HD ... - August 19th, 2018
- The Best Horror Movies of 2017 (So Far) - Vulture - August 1st, 2018
- Scary Movie 2 (2001) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb - July 28th, 2018
- Scary Movie (2000) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb - June 22nd, 2018
- Scary Movie 4 (2006) - IMDb - June 19th, 2018
- Scary Movie (2000) - IMDb - June 18th, 2018
- Bafana: A horror movie where nobody survives - Sport24 - September 7th, 2017
- Here's Why You Should Be Watching A Scary Movie During Your Next Workout - Elite Daily - September 7th, 2017
- 'It' May Be Scary, but Nothing Beats Your Childhood Fears - The Ringer (blog) - September 7th, 2017
- Tennessee teen has starring role in upcoming horror movie 'It' - WBIR-TV - September 6th, 2017
- It: a superb Stephen King adaptation fueled less by scary clowns than by real-life evil - Vox - September 6th, 2017
- 17 Horror Movie Remakes That You Should Actually Watch - Vulture - September 6th, 2017
- How Get Out Inspired a New College Course on Racism and Horror - Gizmodo - September 6th, 2017
- Scary 'It' does Stephen King largely by the book: movie review - New York Daily News - September 6th, 2017
- 'IT' Movie Reactions Are Scary Good - Uproxx - UPROXX - September 6th, 2017
- An Expert Explains Why You're Scared of Creepy Clowns and Other Horror Tropes - Slate Magazine (blog) - September 6th, 2017
- Syfy - Horror Movie Magic: The practical effects behind the grossest ... - SYFY WIRE (blog) - September 6th, 2017
- Don't let 'killer crown' craze return just because scary movie IT reaches cinemas this week - Gloucestershire Live - September 6th, 2017
- Kill Me Please is a dazzling teen nightmare, and the first great horror film of fall - The Verge - September 6th, 2017
- 10 Awesome Horror Movie Deleted Scenes You Won't Believe Were Cut - WhatCulture - September 6th, 2017
- How American Horror Story: Cult Handled Election Night 2016 in Its First 7 Minutes - Vulture - September 6th, 2017
- Tobe Hooper: How the director created horror's ultimate serial killer - The Independent - September 5th, 2017
- Scary stuff: Bloomington studio creates official 'It' movie poster - Bloomington Pantagraph - September 3rd, 2017
- IT Filmmakers on Adapting Stephen King, Delivering a Scary Pennywise and Earning Their R Rating - IGN Africa - September 3rd, 2017
- HELLRAISER Gets Mondo Soundtrack and Poster Release for 30th Anniversary - Nerdist - September 3rd, 2017
- IT Filmmakers on Adapting Stephen King, Delivering a Scary Pennywise and Earning Their R Rating - IGN - September 2nd, 2017
- IT movie: The TERRIFYING reason the original Pennywise star QUIT new film - Express.co.uk - September 2nd, 2017
- 'It was wonderfully scary': Tim Curry, Rob Reiner and Kathy Bates on the joy of adapting Stephen King - The Guardian - September 1st, 2017
- Stephen King's scary movie reboot provokes tears from 'legit clowns' - The Register - August 31st, 2017
- Stephen King's IT Poised to Be One Heck of a Scary Movie - TVOvermind - August 31st, 2017
- PG-13 Horror Movies That Prove You Don't Need an R-Rating to Be Creepy AF - Collider.com - August 31st, 2017
- How the Original It Miniseries Traumatized a Generation of Kids - Vanity Fair - August 31st, 2017
- The Hollywood Tastemaker You've Never Heard Of - Vanity Fair - August 31st, 2017
- Screenwriter Gary Dauberman is the new 'It' man - The Ottawa Herald - August 31st, 2017
- The Unpopular Opinion: 'Dead Silence' is One of James Wan's Best Movies - /FILM - August 31st, 2017
- Horror movie season in full swing in Sept. - Graffiti - August 30th, 2017
- Defining IU's breakthrough - South Bend Tribune - August 30th, 2017
- "Scary as sh*t" - the first It movie reactions are in and it's good news for King fans - GamesRadar - August 29th, 2017
- 'It' Clips Show Off Pennywise the Clown, Terrified Children, Etc. - /FILM - August 29th, 2017
- WAMG Giveaway Win the LIFETIME SCARY MOVIE SET From Lionsgate - We Are Movie Geeks - August 28th, 2017
- Ne Obliviscaris' Xenoyr On His Top 10 Epic Horror Films - Dread Central - August 28th, 2017
- In 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre,' Sympathy for the Devil - New York Times - August 28th, 2017
- Annabelle: Creation - This is the REAL story behind the incredible film scaring people across Essex - Essex Live - August 28th, 2017
- Innocence lost: Stephen King's IT and the real-life horror of kids in Hollywood - The Guardian - August 28th, 2017
- Early reactions to It praise Stephen King film: 'Totally terrifying,' 'scary as sh--' - EW.com - August 28th, 2017
- Now they're really asking for It: film fuels scary obsession with Stephen King's 1986 novel - CBC.ca - August 28th, 2017
- Tobe Hooper, the horror filmmaker behind 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' is dead at 74 - Mashable - August 28th, 2017
- The First Reactions To It Are Scary Good - Gizmodo - August 26th, 2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Lakeith Stanfield Reflects on Breakout Year and 'Crown Heights' - 9NEWS.com - August 25th, 2017
- The Mist - Stephen King's adaptation oozes a familiarity in which old-school horror fans will be happy - review - Telegraph.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- Schlock & Awe: PIECES is a Bananas and Baffling Chainsaw Massacre - Nerdist - August 24th, 2017
- Eli Roth Puts Horror Classics 'in a Blender' in Terrifying New Trailer for Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights - PEOPLE.com - August 24th, 2017
- These Horror Movie Bath Bombs Are Terrifyingly Awesome - Simplemost - August 22nd, 2017
- James Van Der Beek's Daughter Has 'Great Taste' in Movies: Find Out Which (Scary!) Film She Loves Makes Him ... - PEOPLE.com - August 22nd, 2017
- The Horror Movie Jump Scare Actually Has a History - TVOvermind - August 19th, 2017
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero