Light plays across Ricks face.
Rick stands at the Hilltop graves, lost in thought.
Residents of Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom prepare for battle.
At the Sanctuary, a crossbow bolt pierces Dwights motorcycle tire. He unrolls the note thats attached. It reads, Tomorrow.
Carol and Tara stand watch on a bridge. Tara checks the time. They spot a herd of walkers in the distance and smile.
Rick gives a rousing speech to the united communities, reminding them theyre fighting for their futures, for a bigger world. He vows to stop the Saviors and kill Negan. Maggie and Ezekiel echo Ricks sentiments.
Dwight writes a response, secures the note to the bolt and shoots it back toward Daryl, waiting outside the Sanctuary.
Carol and Tara sit on the bridge and wait as the herd of walkers moves along the road below.
Rick sleeps in bed. His beard is full and white. Flowers sit on a nearby table. Hearing music, he wakes.
Carl searches a gas station for fuel. He comes across a stranger who asks for help. Carl raises his gun, but the man insists he just wants food. As Carl is considering his request, Rick appears and chases the man away with a gunshot above his head.
Daryl and Morgan kill Saviors at various lookout points. One by one, they cross the targets off a list supplied by Dwight.
In Alexandria, Rick and other community members mobilize for an attack on the Sanctuary.
Daryl joins Carol, Tara and Morgan on the highway.
Rick leaves Alexandria with a caravan of vehicles that have been retrofitted for battle. Rosita watches from her porch. Michonne and Carl stay behind. As they watch the procession of vehicles, Michonne tells Carl that this is his show; Alexandrias safety is in his hands.
En route to the Sanctuary, Rick comes across a lone Savior on watch; he stabs the man and sifts through his belongings. The injured Savior taunts Rick. Angered, Rick frees a walker tethered to a nearby electric post and leaves it to feast on the dying man. He then signals the caravan to proceed.
The caravan arrives in a large field, where members of all three communities are waiting. Maggie insists on joining the initial phase of the fight, despite being pregnant. Ezekiel offers to let Maggie see the Kingdoms doctor, but Jesus assures him theyll retrieve Doctor Carson, who was previously taken by the Saviors. Rick vows to relinquish leadership and follow Maggie after the fight is over.
Carol, Daryl, Morgan and Tara wait on the highway until the herd arrives; they vacate the road in haste. Moments later, the SUV they parked on the exit ramp explodes.
Dwight dispatches a large team of Saviors to investigate the explosion.
Daryl and Morgan rig a tripwire across a road. They join Carol and Tara on a pedestrian overpass.
Ricks group guns down two sniper lookouts at the Sanctuary. The caravan arrives at the front gate, parking in formation to create a wall with the metal sheets retrofitted onto each vehicle. Maggie gives the signal and the group raises their guns toward the sky, shooting in unison, Negan steps out with his lieutenants.
Light plays across Ricks face. He looks up at a stained glass window.
White-bearded Rick gets out of bed and finds Michonne in the dining room of their Alexandria home. He walks over to her with his cane. Carl joins them.
Rick tells Negans lieutenants Dwight, Simon, Gavin, Regina and Eugene that he will let them live if they surrender. No one accepts his offer.
The group on the overpass spots a walker nearing the tripwire.
Negan tells Rick that he lacks the numbers to win a fight against the Saviors. At Negans command, Simon brings Gregory outside. Gregory declares that the Hilltop stands with Negan and the punishment for fighting against the Sanctuary is banishment for the offenders and their families. The Hilltop stands with Maggie! Jesus shouts.
Morgan kills the stray walker endangering the tripwire and sees the caravan of Saviors in the distance.
Simon pushes Gregory down the stairs after deciding hes no longer useful.
On the road, the Savior caravan trips the wire and sets off an explosion.
The explosion is heard at the Sanctuary. Rick tells Negans lieutenants to make up their minds; he begins firing when they dont respond. Negans crew runs for cover in different directions. Ricks group continues firing, blowing out the Sanctuary windows.
The herd approaches, drawn by the explosion. Morgan and Tara get in a car, preparing to leave. Carol urges Daryl to be careful.
Ricks group continues to spray bullets at the Sanctuary, then retreats to their cars for evacuation.
Daryl shoots a succession of explosive barrels while riding his motorcycle toward the Sanctuary, guiding the herd.
Gabriel positions the RV in front of the Sanctuary fence, and exits as it continues slowly moving forward. Rick uses the garage door opener to detonate the explosives in the RV, successfully breaching the gate.
Negan takes cover behind a vehicle, as Rick continues firing at him. Gabriel urges Rick to evacuate. Before he goes, Rick uses an instant camera to snap a picture of the scene.
Rick leaves as the herd closes in on the Sanctuary; Gabriel gets in his car, ready to follow suit. Just then, he sees Gregory crying for help and runs to his aid. Gregory jumps into Gabriels car and drives off, abandoning him.
Carl returns to the gas station and leaves two cans of food with a note, Sorry. The mysterious man watches from the bushes.
Ricks group waits for Gabriel at their rendezvous point. Rick tells Daryl that Gabriel stayed behind to save him, but they cant wait for him any longer. Daryl signals the group to get back in their vehicles. They prepare to enact the next phase of their plan.
A small group stands outside the fence of a Savior satellite station. Morgan asks Dianne if shell be able to hit the guards through the fence using her arrows. She expresses doubt.
At a second Savior outpost, Daryl and Rick shoot a guard at an office complex and enter the front gate.
Carol and Ezekiel lead a group toward a third Savior outpost. They gun down the Saviors outside the industrial building.
Walkers continue to flood into the Sanctuary. Gabriel takes cover inside a trailer only to find it already occupied by Negan.
Walkers surround the trailer as they swarm the Sanctuary.
Judith runs up to white-bearded Rick in the kitchen. They walk to the porch and see people setting up a festival across the street.
Lights dance on Ricks face.
Rick concludes his speech to the unified communities. He urges them to fight for tomorrow, assuring them theyve already won. The crowd cheers, ready for battle.
Read more from the original source:
The Walking Dead: Season 8, Episode 1 – AMC
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Rick Grimes' death revealed in comic books? | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk - May 21st, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 10: 'Excited' Michael Cudlitz ... - May 18th, 2019
- The Walking Dead comics may have revealed Daryls TV death ... - May 14th, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10: Norman Reedus shares first BTS ... - May 10th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' May Have Finally Pulled The Trigger On ... - May 7th, 2019
- Walking Dead favourite was finished with show after Negan ... - May 5th, 2019
- AMC CEO Says The Walking Dead Is Early in Its Life Cycle - May 3rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Just Went Absolutely Off the Rails - May 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Star speaks out on ... - May 1st, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 will explore Danai Gurira's ... - April 30th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead's Khary Payton Expected King Ezekiel to ... - April 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Danai Gurira is going to start filming ... - April 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 5: What We Know So Far - April 23rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Carol Peletier in ... - April 23rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Ross Marquand says ... - April 19th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Getting a New Spinoff, This One About ... - April 9th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead': Third Series Officially a Go at AMC ... - April 8th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Spinoff Greenlit at AMC: Full Story ... - April 8th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Ratings Fall To Season Finale Low; Rises ... - April 7th, 2019
- Walking Dead Season 9 Finale Is Lowest-Rated in Series ... - April 7th, 2019
- 'Walking Dead' Season 10 Whisperer War Predictions ... - April 7th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Finale Recap | TV Guide - April 4th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead's' Angela Kang talks about mysterious radio ... - April 3rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 16, Recap: Did Alpha ... - April 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead SPOILERS: Showrunner On Season 9 Finale ... - April 2nd, 2019
- Season 9 Of The Walking Dead Ends As It Began, Miraculously ... - April 2nd, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' pike deaths could have been a Red Wedding ... - March 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Killed Off a Bunch of Characters in Key ... - March 27th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' adds to huge death toll - March 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Own Red Wedding Just Killed Off 10 Characters - March 27th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Who Died in Penultimate Episode? - March 26th, 2019
- Spoilers: Who Will Die In The Walking Dead Finale? - March 22nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Just Showed It Doesnt Need To Kill ... - March 20th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 14 Review: 'Scars' Is A ... - March 19th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 14 Recap: Michonne and ... - March 19th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 13 Review ... - March 13th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead': Who are the Highwaymen? - INSIDER - March 12th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Recap: Season 9, Episode 13 Meet the ... - March 12th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' characters fans think will die next on the ... - March 10th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Ryan Hurst on Beta's Arrival | TV Guide - March 7th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' May Be Finally Giving Daryl A Love ... - March 7th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Alpha And Beta Aren't Just Villains ... - March 6th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead': How Ryan Hurst was cast as Beta - INSIDER - March 5th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 11 Bounty Review [Spoilers ... - February 27th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Drops to All-Time Low in Ratings and ... - February 26th, 2019
- Last Night Showed 'The Walking Dead' Is Doing Something ... - February 26th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9: Another Major Death Coming? - February 26th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 11 Preview: Daryl ... - February 24th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Recap: Season 9, Episode 10 Alphas ... - February 23rd, 2019
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead on Steam - February 21st, 2019
- What Exactly Happened To Lydia In Last Night's Confusing 'The ... - February 21st, 2019
- The Walking Dead (season 9) - Wikipedia - February 14th, 2019
- Walking Dead Star Danai Gurira to Exit Series Variety - February 14th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 9 Review: An Okay ... - February 13th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 9 Recap: The Whisperers ... - February 11th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 10: Michonne May Not Return | Collider - February 6th, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 9 spoilers: Negan's new ally REVEALED ... - February 5th, 2019
- How The Walking Dead Wrote Andrew Lincoln Off The Show - February 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Midseason Premiere on AMC Premiere ... - February 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9: Greg Nicotero Previews the ... - January 25th, 2019
- AMC Reveals Title and Synopsis for The Walking Dead Mid ... - January 19th, 2019
- The Walking Dead | ScreenRant - January 13th, 2019
- The Whisperers Are Watching In This New 'The Walking Dead ... - January 12th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Alpha and Beta Are Revealed in New Teaser ... - January 11th, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 9 spoilers: Star teases MAJOR ... - January 7th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Is Getting Another 'Fear The Walking ... - January 5th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9 Events Changing The Tone - January 2nd, 2019
- This Former 'The Walking Dead' Star Has Some Harsh Words For ... - December 23rd, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Will Return In January ... - December 11th, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 8 Recap: Jesus Dies as ... - November 28th, 2018
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 7 Review: 'Stradivarius' - November 25th, 2018
- Maggie's Exit From 'The Walking Dead' Is Weird, Much ... - November 21st, 2018
- The Walking Dead (Video Game) - November 20th, 2018
- The Walking Dead - Wrath: Season 8, Episode 16 - AMC - November 16th, 2018
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 6 Review: A Brave New Show - November 15th, 2018
- Daryl Now Has A Dog On 'The Walking Dead' So ... - forbes.com - November 11th, 2018
- The Walking Dead Recap Season 9 Episode 5: Does Rick Die? - November 10th, 2018
- 'Walking Dead: Andrew Lincoln ('Rick Grimes') Fate ... - November 10th, 2018
- Walking Dead Trailer for Next Episodes Teases Whisperers ... - November 10th, 2018
- Walking Dead Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - November 10th, 2018
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero