Admittedly, its a rather quiet one on streamers this weekend apparently theres a new Bond film out? with fewer blockbusters and more understated arrivals hitting the likes of Netflix, Prime Video and HBO Max over the next few days.
Black Widow now finds a permanent home on Disney Plus minus the Premier Access fee, but thats about it for new triple-A adventures you can expect to enjoy. Still, Halloween is fast approaching, which means spooky season (and the scary movies it brings with it) is well underway on streaming services this October.
Below, then, weve rounded up seven of the biggest additions coming to platforms this weekend from creepy home invasion thrillers to unsettling original horror films.
As mentioned above, this weekends highest-profile streaming arrival is Black Widow, which lands on Disney Plus following its hybrid theatrical release back in July.
Scarlett Johansson returns as Natasha Romanoff in the first standalone adventure for the character, which sees her forced to confront the unexplored demons of her past. Basically, that means we get a better look at Black Widows troubled upbringing as a superspy-in-waiting, and get to hear Ray Winstone's best effort at a Russian accent.
As well as the customary butt-kicking and skydiving, though, we also learn more about her family made up of David Harbour, Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh in this story. And if those names still arent enough to make you interested in this movie, no amount of positive critical reception will do the trick, either.
You can check out our review of the movie here.
Now available to stream on Disney Plus
Today's best Disney+ and bundle deals
Hot on the tail of recent Netflix arrivals No One Gets Out Alive and The Guilty, There's Someone Inside Your House continues the streamers push towards creepy new thrillers this month.
After moving to live with her grandmother in Hawaii, a teenager (Sydney Park) must confront her past when fellow students at her school are murdered by a masked killer whos also exposing their biggest secrets. The producers of Stranger Things and The Conjuring Universe are behind this one, so it might be worth a try though early reviews havent been kind.
To stay on top of all the latest scarers, weve detailed a list of the biggest new horror movies heading to theaters and streamers in the coming months.
Now available to stream on Netflix
Today's best Netflix deals
The final two movies in Amazons eight-part collaboration with horror studio Blumhouse Productions, Madres and The Manor tell two very different stories that both center around the collective theme of "institutional horrors and personal phobias.
The former, directed by Ryan Zaragoza in his directorial debut, is set during the 1970s and follows a Mexican-American couple who experience a string of supernatural happenings while expecting their first child. The latter, written and directed by Axelle Carolyn, explores a similarly supernatural presence at a (presumably haunted) nursing home.
Both movies have been praised for being some of the best in the series which began back in 2020 so horror fans should find a lot to love here.
Now available to stream on Amazon Prime Video
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was something of a cultural force in the heyday of its 15-season run, so it figures that CBS has decided to re-energize the franchise with the release of a fifth spin-off series, CSI: Vegas.
Vegas has been described as a 10-episode sequel epilogue that sees the department faced with a new, dynamic, intriguing force of criminalists. It will chart the huge advances made in criminal forensics, and stars original cast members William Petersen, Jorja Fox and Wallace Langham, who return as Gil Grissom, Sara Sidle and David Hodges, respectively.
New episodes will premiere every Wednesday on CBS, and become available to US audiences on Paramount Plus the same day you can also watch it for free on the CBS website with commercials. UK viewers: we hope the show will land on Channel 5 at some point, but head over to our how to watch CSI: Vegas guide for more on that.
Now available to stream on Paramount Plus and CBS.com in the US
Today's best Paramount Plus deals
Shudder, AMCs horror-dedicated streamer, gets another frightening addition this weekend in the form of V/H/S/94 which, as the title suggests, plays on the found footage formula in creepy (and often violent) ways.
In this one, a police swat team raid a remote warehouse after discovering a mysterious tape, only to discover a sinister cult compound whose collection of pre-recorded material uncovers a nightmarish conspiracy.
V/H/S/94 is the fourth instalment in the V/H/S series and comes from Shudder alumni Simon Barrett (Sance) and Timo Tjahjanto (May the Devil Take You Too) so expect plenty of gratuitous bloodshed.
Now available to stream on Shudder
Slightly less intense but perhaps no less haunting is Muppets Haunted Mansion, a one-off Halloween special that sees fan-favourite Muppet Gonzo tasked with surviving a single night trapped inside, you guessed it, a haunted mansion. Hes joined by Pepe the King Prawn for company, while the ghosts of Kermit and Miss Piggy roam the halls.
Its only 50 minutes long, so we dont see too much here to disinterest existing Muppets fans, and the movie also marks one of acclaimed voice actor Ed Asner's final works before his death.
Now available to stream on Disney Plus
We often like to book-end these roundups with a new documentary, and while there isnt too much by way of factual drama headed to Netflix and Prime Video this weekend, HBO Max does benefit from 15 Minutes of Shame, a deep dive into the phenomenon of public shaming.
Incidentally, this one comes from executive producer Monica Lewinsky, who lends her own unique perspective on the subject specifically, how making just one mistake can ruin a persons life.
Theres sure to be plenty of talking heads and archive footage in this one, but 15 Minutes of Shame has nonetheless been described as a sobering take on how and why the internet behaves the way it does.
Now available to stream on HBO Max
Today's best HBO Max deals
- The 31 Scariest Movie Scenes Ever - /Film - October 20th, 2021
- In the Mood for a Scary Movie? Here Are 12 That Are Set in DC. - Washingtonian - October 20th, 2021
- Halloween parades, scary movies, and other spooky activities happening this week - PennLive - October 20th, 2021
- The 11 scariest movies on Netflix right now - AL.com - October 20th, 2021
- Disney's 'Dark Phase' in the '80s Resulted In These Surprisingly Scary Movies - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 20th, 2021
- Night Teeth cast: Whos in the new Netflix movie? - Netflix Life - October 20th, 2021
- Scary films and TV shows new to Netflix in time for Halloween this year - Daily Record - October 20th, 2021
- Jamie Kennedy Says SCREAM Is the Perfect Gen-X Film - Nerdist - October 20th, 2021
- Scream Therapy: The Mental Health Benefits of Horror Movies - Healthline - October 20th, 2021
- The Most Popular Movies On Netflix Besides 'The Forgotten Battle' - Yahoo News - October 20th, 2021
- The Best Halloween Movies to Watch on HBO Max, Hulu, Disney+, and More - TV Guide - October 20th, 2021
- 'Stargirl' Season 2 Is the Perfect Horror Series to Watch for Halloween - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 20th, 2021
- The Amazon Reboot of I Know What You Did Last Summer Is Almost Nothing Like the Classic Movie - POPSUGAR - October 20th, 2021
- What is the scariest experience youve had in a movie theater? - The A.V. Club - October 20th, 2021
- Parents and Gen Zers Most Likely to Overspend on Halloween This Year - KKTV 11 News - October 20th, 2021
- Best scary movies on Hulu in October 2021 - Tom's Guide - October 9th, 2021
- Trust in scientific process erodes further with study that calls Host the scariest movie ever made - The A.V. Club - October 9th, 2021
- Scary Movies to Watch in the Dark | A&E | 425magazine.com - 425magazine.com - October 9th, 2021
- First-of-its-kind Haunted House Restaurant offers family-friendly frights - Attractions Magazine - October 9th, 2021
- Beetlejuice: 10 Behind-The-Scenes Facts About The Michael Keaton Movie - Cinema Blend - October 9th, 2021
- 20 of the Best Ghost Movies of All Time - Lifehacker - October 9th, 2021
- Halloween Happenings: A guide to spooky (and not so scary) festivities in North County - The San Diego Union-Tribune - October 9th, 2021
- Stream It Or Skip It: 'Madres' on Amazon Prime, a Blumhouse Creepfest That Insists Living People are Scarier Than Dead Ones - Decider - October 9th, 2021
- Scary Movies: The Conjuring Universe All Films Ranked! - Top 10 Films - October 9th, 2021
- Where to watch 'Malignant' online: streams on HBO Max through October 10 - Business Insider - October 9th, 2021
- Jason Blum on what makes a good horror film: Best scares wont work if theres no story - The Indian Express - October 9th, 2021
- Screaming Live on Snapchat: 6 of the Most Unique Found Footage Movies! - Bloody Disgusting - October 9th, 2021
- The scariest films on Netflix, Amazon Prime and TV this Halloween and how to watch them - Wales Online - October 9th, 2021
- This is the top searched Halloween candy, according to Google Trends - Fox Business - October 9th, 2021
- 8 Haunted Houses That Deliver the Fright This Spooky Season - 5280 - 5280 | The Denver Magazine - October 9th, 2021
- Enjoy October With Candyman & Midnight Mass - At The Movies With Kasey - The Waynedale News - October 9th, 2021
- Celebrate The Halloween Season With 6 Scary Things To Do in Barrie - Barrie 360 - October 9th, 2021
- 15 Best Scary Movies Streaming On Hulu - Best Scary Movies on Hulu - Seventeen.com - September 5th, 2021
- The 30 Best Scary Movies on Netflix in 2021 - PureWow - September 5th, 2021
- Even during the pandemic, horror movies remain one of the most profitable genres at the box office - CNBC - September 5th, 2021
- Marlon Wayans: What To Watch If You Like The Respect Star - CinemaBlend - September 5th, 2021
- The 15 Scariest Horror Movies On Hulu Right Now - /FILM - September 5th, 2021
- New Clubhouse-Created Horror Anthology in the Works - Hollywood Reporter - September 5th, 2021
- SPIN Is A Wholesome And Worthy Addition To Your Family Movie Nights - Scary Mommy - September 5th, 2021
- 'The Big Scary S Word': Documentary film viewers of the world, unite! - People's World - September 5th, 2021
- Movie Review | Candyman: Bold, scary sequel brings a classic bogeyman to the modern world - The Daily Athenaeum - thedaonline - September 5th, 2021
- The Real Reason Why Horror Movies Are Still Killing It At The Box Office - Looper - September 5th, 2021
- 6 New and Upcoming Horror Movies to Get You in the Halloween Spirit - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 5th, 2021
- Last Night in Soho Review: Edgar Wrights Retro Horror Has Its Heart in the Sixties and Its Head All Over the Place - Variety - September 5th, 2021
- Tickets for the Terrifyingly Fun SLAY Film Fest are Now on Sale! - TheStranger.com - September 5th, 2021
- Diana biopic Spencer is 'like a horror film' and not The Crown - Metro.co.uk - September 5th, 2021
- I was sexually abused and tortured by my parents who stapled my EYELIDS open so Id have to watch a scary f... - The US Sun - September 5th, 2021
- The Best Movies And Shows Coming To Paramount+ In September 2021 - /FILM - September 5th, 2021
- All the Horror You Need to Stream in September 2021 - Film School Rejects - September 5th, 2021
- Aftermath on Netflix is a new horror movie that has subscribers so freaked out - BGR - August 10th, 2021
- Derry Girls star Louisa Harland takes on blood-thirsty vampire in new Irish horror movie - Sunday World - August 10th, 2021
- Box Office: As Blockbusters Bomb, Horror Films Thrive In A Covid-Stricken Summer - Forbes - August 10th, 2021
- Dive Down the Rabbit Hole With 6 of the Best Conspiracy Horror Films - Bloody Disgusting - August 10th, 2021
- What The Little Boy From Casper Looks Like Now - Looper - August 10th, 2021
- 9 Jordan Peele Movies And TV Shows And Where To Watch Them - CinemaBlend - August 10th, 2021
- Trailer For 'MARLON WAYANS: YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS' Comedy Special - BlackFilm.com - Blackfilm - August 10th, 2021
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in August 2021and What's Leaving - TIME - August 10th, 2021
- The Best Zombie Movies to Stream Right Now - Your Money Geek - August 10th, 2021
- The Classic Horror Movie Fans Of American Horror Stories' Ba'al Need To Watch - Looper - August 10th, 2021
- The Lawsuit That Stopped Production On Friday The 13th - Looper - August 10th, 2021
- 'Inception' Was Almost a Horror Film Instead of Sci-Fi - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - August 10th, 2021
- Weekend movie marathon: 6 new and popular Hindi horror movies on Zee5 and more that you can finish in 11 hours - GQ India - August 10th, 2021
- What's New to Stream on HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, and More in August 2021 - TV Guide - August 10th, 2021
- Anya Taylor-Joy is the new scream queen in upcoming horror film Last Night in Soho - HOLA! USA - August 10th, 2021
- The Cast Of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Is Gorgeous In Real Life - Looper - August 10th, 2021
- This TikToker watched 1,000 horror films and here are the ones she actually rates - Cosmopolitan UK - July 26th, 2021
- Horror film Old has one of the scariest scenes youll see this year - JOE.ie - July 26th, 2021
- Fear Street Star Olivia Scott Welch Pulls Back the Curtain on the Hit Netflix Trilogy - Hollywood Reporter - July 26th, 2021
- Night of the Kings, Lucky and More Streaming Gems - The New York Times - July 26th, 2021
- Everything coming to and leaving Netflix in August - Insider - July 26th, 2021
- The Dos and Don'ts of Watching Horror Movies - Flickering Myth - July 26th, 2021
- 11 Great Comedy Specials On Netflix From People Of Color, Including Russell Peters - CinemaBlend - July 26th, 2021
- Updates From The Batman and The Flash Are, Somehow, Still Both About Batman - Gizmodo - July 26th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: 'Bonnie and Clyde'; 'Forrest Gump' - Los Angeles Times - July 26th, 2021
- New on Netflix: The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming in August - Vanity Fair - July 26th, 2021
- These 4 Pittsburgh businesses are keeping kids (and parents) entertained and educated - NEXTpittsburgh - July 26th, 2021
- The Biggest A24 Movies Of All Time - Looper - July 26th, 2021
- 40 Best Comedy Movies On Hulu [July 2021] - Looper - July 26th, 2021
- False Positive review: On Hulu, pregnancy is fertile ground for scary-movie thrills - Chicago Sun-Times - July 1st, 2021
- Movie review: The Conjuring 3 was alright for me - The Daily Evergreen - July 1st, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero