Admittedly, its a rather quiet one on streamers this weekend apparently theres a new Bond film out? with fewer blockbusters and more understated arrivals hitting the likes of Netflix, Prime Video and HBO Max over the next few days.
Black Widow now finds a permanent home on Disney Plus minus the Premier Access fee, but thats about it for new triple-A adventures you can expect to enjoy. Still, Halloween is fast approaching, which means spooky season (and the scary movies it brings with it) is well underway on streaming services this October.
Below, then, weve rounded up seven of the biggest additions coming to platforms this weekend from creepy home invasion thrillers to unsettling original horror films.
As mentioned above, this weekends highest-profile streaming arrival is Black Widow, which lands on Disney Plus following its hybrid theatrical release back in July.
Scarlett Johansson returns as Natasha Romanoff in the first standalone adventure for the character, which sees her forced to confront the unexplored demons of her past. Basically, that means we get a better look at Black Widows troubled upbringing as a superspy-in-waiting, and get to hear Ray Winstone's best effort at a Russian accent.
As well as the customary butt-kicking and skydiving, though, we also learn more about her family made up of David Harbour, Rachel Weisz and Florence Pugh in this story. And if those names still arent enough to make you interested in this movie, no amount of positive critical reception will do the trick, either.
You can check out our review of the movie here.
Now available to stream on Disney Plus
Today's best Disney+ and bundle deals
Hot on the tail of recent Netflix arrivals No One Gets Out Alive and The Guilty, There's Someone Inside Your House continues the streamers push towards creepy new thrillers this month.
After moving to live with her grandmother in Hawaii, a teenager (Sydney Park) must confront her past when fellow students at her school are murdered by a masked killer whos also exposing their biggest secrets. The producers of Stranger Things and The Conjuring Universe are behind this one, so it might be worth a try though early reviews havent been kind.
To stay on top of all the latest scarers, weve detailed a list of the biggest new horror movies heading to theaters and streamers in the coming months.
Now available to stream on Netflix
Today's best Netflix deals
The final two movies in Amazons eight-part collaboration with horror studio Blumhouse Productions, Madres and The Manor tell two very different stories that both center around the collective theme of "institutional horrors and personal phobias.
The former, directed by Ryan Zaragoza in his directorial debut, is set during the 1970s and follows a Mexican-American couple who experience a string of supernatural happenings while expecting their first child. The latter, written and directed by Axelle Carolyn, explores a similarly supernatural presence at a (presumably haunted) nursing home.
Both movies have been praised for being some of the best in the series which began back in 2020 so horror fans should find a lot to love here.
Now available to stream on Amazon Prime Video
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was something of a cultural force in the heyday of its 15-season run, so it figures that CBS has decided to re-energize the franchise with the release of a fifth spin-off series, CSI: Vegas.
Vegas has been described as a 10-episode sequel epilogue that sees the department faced with a new, dynamic, intriguing force of criminalists. It will chart the huge advances made in criminal forensics, and stars original cast members William Petersen, Jorja Fox and Wallace Langham, who return as Gil Grissom, Sara Sidle and David Hodges, respectively.
New episodes will premiere every Wednesday on CBS, and become available to US audiences on Paramount Plus the same day you can also watch it for free on the CBS website with commercials. UK viewers: we hope the show will land on Channel 5 at some point, but head over to our how to watch CSI: Vegas guide for more on that.
Now available to stream on Paramount Plus and CBS.com in the US
Today's best Paramount Plus deals
Shudder, AMCs horror-dedicated streamer, gets another frightening addition this weekend in the form of V/H/S/94 which, as the title suggests, plays on the found footage formula in creepy (and often violent) ways.
In this one, a police swat team raid a remote warehouse after discovering a mysterious tape, only to discover a sinister cult compound whose collection of pre-recorded material uncovers a nightmarish conspiracy.
V/H/S/94 is the fourth instalment in the V/H/S series and comes from Shudder alumni Simon Barrett (Sance) and Timo Tjahjanto (May the Devil Take You Too) so expect plenty of gratuitous bloodshed.
Now available to stream on Shudder
Slightly less intense but perhaps no less haunting is Muppets Haunted Mansion, a one-off Halloween special that sees fan-favourite Muppet Gonzo tasked with surviving a single night trapped inside, you guessed it, a haunted mansion. Hes joined by Pepe the King Prawn for company, while the ghosts of Kermit and Miss Piggy roam the halls.
Its only 50 minutes long, so we dont see too much here to disinterest existing Muppets fans, and the movie also marks one of acclaimed voice actor Ed Asner's final works before his death.
Now available to stream on Disney Plus
We often like to book-end these roundups with a new documentary, and while there isnt too much by way of factual drama headed to Netflix and Prime Video this weekend, HBO Max does benefit from 15 Minutes of Shame, a deep dive into the phenomenon of public shaming.
Incidentally, this one comes from executive producer Monica Lewinsky, who lends her own unique perspective on the subject specifically, how making just one mistake can ruin a persons life.
Theres sure to be plenty of talking heads and archive footage in this one, but 15 Minutes of Shame has nonetheless been described as a sobering take on how and why the internet behaves the way it does.
Now available to stream on HBO Max
Today's best HBO Max deals
- One of 2021's best scary movies is now available to watch at home - JOE.ie - January 9th, 2022
- Katt Williams Once Claimed That No One Really Liked Him on the Set of 'Scary Movie 5' - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - January 9th, 2022
- New Scream Video Features Gale Weathers Reporting On The Original Woodsboro Murders - CinemaBlend - January 9th, 2022
- Is Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 2 officially confirmed? - HITC - January 9th, 2022
- What's on TV Saturday: 'The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard' on HBO; Austin City Limits' on PBS - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Sidney Poitier paved the path for black actors in Hollywood - The Tribune India - January 9th, 2022
- What's on TV Thursday, January 6: 'Ghosts' on CBS - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Whats on TV this week: Macbeth, Euphoria & more - Boston Herald - January 9th, 2022
- Red Rocket Movie Increased 94% at Box Office This Weekend - The Nerd Stash - January 9th, 2022
- Worldwide Box Office Climbed 78% In 2021 To $21.4 Billion Amid Covid Flux As Spider-Man Brought The Year Home: Global Studio Rankings - Deadline - January 9th, 2022
- What's on TV Wednesday: 'Next Level Chef,' 'Amazing Race' - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Movies on TV this week 'The Bridge on the River Kwai' on TCM - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Archive 81, Wolf Like Me, and more streaming trailers to watch - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - January 9th, 2022
- The New 'Scream' Is Dedicated to Wes Craven - ScreenCrush - December 27th, 2021
- The 10 Best Horror Movies of 2021 - Rolling Stone - December 27th, 2021
- Stream It Or Skip It: The Scary of Sixty-First on VOD, a Taboo-Busting Throwback Thriller That Tackles Jeffrey Epstein Conspiracy Theories - Decider - December 27th, 2021
- 7 Movie Franchises That Should Have Stopped With A Trilogy - FandomWire - December 27th, 2021
- The 20 best Matrix references in other movies and TV shows - GamesRadar+ - December 27th, 2021
- The 11 best books we've read in 2021 - Greenville Journal - December 27th, 2021
- Best scary movies 2021: 15 of the best horror films ever, ranked by number of jump scares - The Scotsman - December 27th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' - Los Angeles Times - December 27th, 2021
- The Harry Potter star that all the child actors were scared of on set including Rupert Grint and Tom Felton - My London - December 27th, 2021
- Scary Movie V (2013) - IMDb - December 14th, 2021
- Every Movie Spoofed in the Scary Movie Franchise - December 14th, 2021
- Best Christmas movie 2021: 10 alternative Christmas films to watch over the festive season - The Scotsman - December 14th, 2021
- 5 movies, TV shows to snuggle up to over winter break - The Daily Orange - December 14th, 2021
- 'The Scary of Sixty-First': The horror of Jeffrey Epstein - AIPT - December 14th, 2021
- Corey Taylor Stars in the Official Trailer for Horror-Thriller 'Rucker' - Loudwire - December 14th, 2021
- Oklahoma's 'Soderbergh of the Sticks' scares up 'nunsploitation' with new movie 'Agnes' - Oklahoman.com - December 14th, 2021
- The Old School Animation Technique that Makes The Shining So Scary - Film School Rejects - December 14th, 2021
- The Hills Have Eyes 3 Possible Release Date of This Horror Film - Alpha News Call - December 14th, 2021
- Here's the Scary Trailer For AN UNQUIET GRAVE - Available on VOD, Digital HD and DVD January 18th - We Are Movie Geeks - December 14th, 2021
- The 20 Best Comedies of 2021 - Paste - Paste Magazine - December 14th, 2021
- The most fun movies of 2021 - Polygon - December 14th, 2021
- A logical look at the subjectivity of speech - MIT News - December 14th, 2021
- Riddler Unmasks the Truth About Bruce Wayne in New The Batman Trailer - ComicBook.com - December 14th, 2021
- REVIEW: 'The Unforgivable' is a gritty film about trauma at a young age and being haunted by the past - UNCW Seahawk - December 14th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: 'In the Heat of the Night' Cinemax - Los Angeles Times - December 14th, 2021
- "Dopamine Nation": Why pain is crucial in an era of easy pleasures - Big Think - December 14th, 2021
- The best albums of 2021 - The New Statesman - December 14th, 2021
- Chhorii and beyond, why are Hindi filmmakers afraid of horror movies? - The Indian Express - November 29th, 2021
- When Is a Horror Movie Not a Horror Movie? - The New York Times - November 29th, 2021
- 12 Terrifying Horror Movie Families To Spend Thanksgiving With - GameSpot - November 29th, 2021
- 'Mom' and 'Scary Movie' star turns 45, plus more celebs with milestone birthdays in November 2021 - Wonderwall - November 29th, 2021
- 25+ Best Movies About Adoption That Show All Families Dont Look the Same - Scary Mommy - November 29th, 2021
- Who is in the cast of Kevin Harts True Story?... - The Sun - November 29th, 2021
- A Minute With: 'Shepherd' actor and director on the horror film - Reuters - November 29th, 2021
- Close out the year in movies with Spider-Man, The Matrix, and a slew of Oscar hopefuls - The A.V. Club - November 29th, 2021
- do you know who his ex-wife is? She is a much loved actress - D1SoftballNews.com - November 29th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: 'Casablanca' TCM 'The Godfather' TMC - Los Angeles Times - November 29th, 2021
- Exclusive: Aitch Talks Popularity in College, His Success Over The Past 2 Years & Upcoming Album - theknockturnal.com - November 29th, 2021
- A Full Month Of Giving Thanks - Monticello News - November 29th, 2021
- Celebrities Who Got Married This Year - Goss.ie - November 29th, 2021
- Jed Blaugrund | 'Last Night in Soho' is swinging and scary - Santa Clarita Valley Signal - November 13th, 2021
- Billy Summers: 'Antlers' provides true scares on the big screen - Huntington Herald Dispatch - November 13th, 2021
- Tori Spelling: It's hard to admit to needing help with raising children - Tyler Morning Telegraph - November 13th, 2021
- Simon Rex Doesnt Want to Be That Guy Anymore - Vulture - November 13th, 2021
- Midnight Run 2 Is Happening with Robert De Niro and Regina Hall - MovieWeb - November 13th, 2021
- The horror film Quentin Tarantino called "one of the greatest movies ever made" - Far Out Magazine - November 13th, 2021
- New horror movies 2021: every big scary film coming to theaters and streamers - TechRadar - November 13th, 2021
- Reader Radar: The World Series of Scary Movies - National Association of Plan Advisors - November 2nd, 2021
- Updated Scary Movies for People with Anxiety and Depression - The New Yorker - November 2nd, 2021
- Opinion: Santa Cruz and Scary Movies - Good Times Weekly - November 2nd, 2021
- Here are the top-grossing scary movies of the last 20 Halloweens - WGHP FOX8 Greensboro - November 2nd, 2021
- Not ready to end the scary-movie season? 'Roh' is just what you need - KMUW - November 2nd, 2021
- Halloween: 5 scary movies that will send chills down your spine - KIRO Seattle - November 2nd, 2021
- Scary movies should have cathartic endings | Opinion | breezejmu.org - The Breeze - November 2nd, 2021
- 6 Purely Terrifying Ghost Movies That Will Send Chills Down Your Spine - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 2nd, 2021
- The best scary movies on TV over the Halloween weekend - JOE.ie - November 2nd, 2021
- Scary Godmother Is a Halloween Nostalgiafest - Vulture - November 2nd, 2021
- Halloween 2021: Scariest horror ever according to science revealed - Metro.co.uk - November 2nd, 2021
- Fear is fun (for some of us): Why we're drawn to horror and scary movies - Stars and Stripes - November 2nd, 2021
- Are these the 13 scariest movie cars of all time? | ClassicCars.com Journal - The ClassicCars.com Journal - November 2nd, 2021
- Stream and scream with these free scary movies, series on iWantTFC for Halloween - Manila Bulletin - November 2nd, 2021
- IMO: 'The Haunting Of Hill House' is a Perfect Scary Series - knue.com - November 2nd, 2021
- Horror movies Netflix UK: 10 of the best horror movies on the popular streaming platform - The Scotsman - November 2nd, 2021
- 2 scary movies open Oct. 29 at Seattle-area theaters, just in time for Halloween - Walla Walla Union-Bulletin - November 2nd, 2021
- The 31 Scariest Movie Scenes Ever - /Film - October 20th, 2021
- In the Mood for a Scary Movie? Here Are 12 That Are Set in DC. - Washingtonian - October 20th, 2021
- Halloween parades, scary movies, and other spooky activities happening this week - PennLive - October 20th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero