LONDON Actress, producer and entrepreneur Priyanka Chopra Jonas has told CNBC that she finds filming under lockdown during the Covid-19 pandemic "really daunting."
The multi award-winning star, who is currently working on several film and television projects in London, U.K., released her new memoir, "Unfinished," this week.
The U.K. is currently under its third national lockdown in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Chopra Jonas told CNBC that it's "kind of a crazy experience," even with the strict U.K. government Covid-19 regulations around filming, including being tested for the virus every day.
"As actors we're still taking off our masks in front of other actors, you know, and that's part of the job. And I feel like, that's kind of really daunting, because you just don't know," she said.
"But I've so far managed to finish filming two movies. I'm going on to my third job now, which is a TV show people are consuming so much content right now that someone's got to make it. So, you know, back at work, but it is daunting I have to say."
Chopra Jonas said the global crisis was "very scary" and worrying both for her own family including her husband, U.S. singer-songwriter and actor Nick Jonas and those most disproportionately affected by the pandemic around the world.
"My husband is a type one diabetic, I'm asthmatic. I have my Mum who's living with me right now so, I just feel like I'm also, on the job, you know, responsible on a set of hundreds of people. So I take it very, very seriously," she said.
"Seeing what a toll it has taken around the world, not only with the health of people, with the amount of deaths we've seen, but also with jobs, with stability, you know, this has changed a lot of things for a lot of people and brought to the fore the disparity between the 'haves' and the 'have nots,' and it's a very emotional time. So it is very scary." she added.
Chopra Jonas launched onto the world stage after winning Miss World in 2000 and becoming a Bollywood sensation.
In 2015, she made history when she became, "the first person of Indian descent to ever be a lead on a network TV show", on the ABC thriller series "Quantico," she said.
The star added that now felt like a great time to write her memoir, to commemorate her 20 years in the industry.
"Also, I think I'm, on the other side of 35, a lot more confident in myself as a woman, as a person, as a professional for what I bring to the table. And I guess that confidence really helped me deal with the things that might have scared me before," she said.
Chopra Jonas has over 87 million combined followers across Instagram and Twitter and was an early adopter of social media in her career.
Asked how she copes with some of the negativity on the platforms, she told CNBC she'd be lying if she said she doesn't read all the comments, but she feels her career "doesn't depend on my social acceptance".
"So I treat it as entertainment, I treat it as a way of having a direct communication with people, talking about things I'm excited about and my opinions, but I don't take it more seriously than that," she said.
"Of course cancel culture sucks and it's terrible when people decide to just spew venom without understanding the context of anything," she continued.
The actor-producer, who also established the Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education in 2011 and is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, continues to be at the forefront of diversity in the global film and television industry.
Her latest movie release sees her star in and executive produce "The White Tiger" on Netflix, based on the 2008 Man Booker Prize-winning novel by Aravind Adiga.
Chopra Jonas told CNBC the project has been an emotional one for her.
"I had tears in my eyes, to see an all-Indian star cast be the No. 1 movie in the world is historic. We've not really seen that," she said.
"It makes me emotional, it makes me feel really grateful that, you know, I've been working in America for almost five, six years as an actor now and to be able to see the change that I've really fought for and a lot of my colleagues have really fought for is wonderful."
The star said streaming services like Netflix and Amazon were helping to create diverse and inclusive content "in a huge way." They have focused on the "cross pollination of cultures" which will educate people from around the world about how different yet similar in many ways our world is, she said. "It's amazing to see."
Read the original here:
Actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas says filming during the pandemic is 'really daunting' - CNBC
- 15 Scary Movies You Need to Watch - Best Horror Movies 2021 - Cosmopolitan - May 21st, 2021
- Netflixs Fear Street Trilogy Brings Three R-Rated Horror Movies This Summer Watch The Trailer - Empire - May 21st, 2021
- Spiral and the Saw movies ask: How does tech challenge horror? - Polygon - May 21st, 2021
- Friends cast ages: How old are the cast of Friends now? - Heart - May 21st, 2021
- The Ads On Free Streaming Sites Are Absolutely Awful - ScreenCrush - May 21st, 2021
- Ella Purnell On Netflix's Zombie Heist Action Movie 'Army Of The Dead' - British Vogue - May 21st, 2021
- Whats Your Number? didnt rank in the summer of Bridesmaids - The A.V. Club - May 21st, 2021
- Everything Leaving Hulu in June 2021 - ComicBook.com - May 21st, 2021
- Woman discovers scary secret basement while renovating home: Someone has 100 percent been down here - Yahoo Sports - May 21st, 2021
- Here's everything coming to Hulu in June 2021, and what's leaving - MarketWatch - May 21st, 2021
- 15 Scary Movies You Need to Watch Explica .co - Explica - May 21st, 2021
- Five of the most hilarious shootout scenes in movie history - We Are The Mighty - May 21st, 2021
- H.S. BASEBALL: Andrew Middleton's blazing start has Canton riding high at 5-0 - The Patriot Ledger - May 21st, 2021
- Is it too soon to say goodbye to movie theaters? - Utahstatesman - April 5th, 2021
- What's on TV Monday: 'Race to the Center of the Earth' - Los Angeles Times - April 5th, 2021
- All the Horror You Need to Stream in April 2021 - Film School Rejects - April 5th, 2021
- All the movies and TV shows coming to Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime in April 2021 - Boston.com - April 5th, 2021
- Every One Of Hulu's 'Into the Dark' Horror Movies, Ranked - Mashable India - April 5th, 2021
- All the sci-fi TV and movies streaming in April 2021 - SYFY WIRE - April 5th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: James Dean in 'Giant' on TCM and more - Los Angeles Times - April 5th, 2021
- Will The Unholy movie be available on Blu-ray/DVD? - Hidden Remote - April 5th, 2021
- Its Time to Make April Fools Day the Halloween of Comedy - Vulture - April 5th, 2021
- 'Godzilla vs. Kong' is in theaters and on HBO Max - Yahoo News - April 5th, 2021
- Watch: LeBron James and Bugs Bunny team up in 'Space Jam: A New Legacy' trailer - indie88.com - April 5th, 2021
- 'It was like a horror film': inside the terror of the Covid cruise ship - The Guardian - April 5th, 2021
- Janelle Mone on new horror film Antebellum: "There is nothing more horrific than what happened to Black people" - RadioTimes - April 5th, 2021
- Shakey Graves on His "Roll The Bones" Reissue and the Records That Shaped Him - InsideHook - April 5th, 2021
- The New #9 Show on Netflix Retells Terrifyingly Real Ghost Stories - Yahoo Lifestyle - April 5th, 2021
- 'Antebellum' stars discuss the timely 'horror of the human experience' (exclusive) - Yahoo Movies UK - April 5th, 2021
- Analyzing the Hit-and-Miss Parody of 'Scary Movie 2' [Horror Queers Podcast] - Bloody Disgusting - March 9th, 2021
- The Boo Crew Gets Creepy with Kesha to Talk Horror and More! [Podcast] - Bloody Disgusting - March 9th, 2021
- David Letterman's old interviews with famous women are going viral for their inappropriate nature. Here are the most uncomfortable ones. - Yahoo News - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Vintage Movie Monsters That Could Be Terrifying Today - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Twisted Horror Films That You Have To Watch Twice To Understand - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Every Paranormal Activity Movie, Ranked By Rotten Tomatoes - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Let's Talk About The Time A Large Eddie Murphy Head Toured The Country - UPROXX - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Things You Didn't Know about Andi Matichak - TVOvermind - March 9th, 2021
- 'The Lord of the Rings' Cast Reunites For Anniversary Screenings - ScreenCrush - March 9th, 2021
- Huge drive-in festival coming to Edinburgh in May with RuPaul's Drag Race stars - Edinburgh Live - March 9th, 2021
- Film made in Kamloops a love letter to horror genre directors - Kamloops This Week - March 9th, 2021
- SONS OF ANARCHY Creator Kurt Sutter Is Set to Direct Blumhouse's Horror Film THIS BEAST GeekTyrant - GeekTyrant - March 9th, 2021
- The Shawshank Redemption & 9 Other Poorly Received Movies That Became Classics - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Movies Based On H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man, Ranked - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Scream: darkly funny, extremely meta horror and a 90s time capsule that never gets old - The Guardian - February 16th, 2021
- Horror movies for Valentines Day that prove true love really exists - Netflix Life - February 16th, 2021
- Winter storm: Scary weather wont get Texans (or Californians) to move - East Bay Times - February 16th, 2021
- Column: HBO's 'Chernobyl' puts catastrophe in perspective The Daily Eastern News - The Daily Eastern News - February 16th, 2021
- Curious Cape Cod: Horror in Provincetown? Wait until you've seen the scary side of P-town. - Cape Cod Times - February 16th, 2021
- Super Exciting Ideas to Have Fun with Your Friends on Halloween - mySanAntonio.com - February 16th, 2021
- Allison Janney Reveals What It's Like Filming 'Mom' Without Anna Faris - Nicki Swift - February 16th, 2021
- New Jewish Horror Film Steeped in Ancient Jewish Lore and Demonology - jewishboston.com - February 16th, 2021
- 5-at-10: Weekend winners and losers, NCAA tournament talking points, Happy birthday Silence of the Lambs - Chattanooga Times Free Press - February 16th, 2021
- 'Silence of the Lambs' turns 30: How the horror masterpiece is still gripping Hollywood - CNBC - February 16th, 2021
- This old 2013 Lindsay Lohan interview with Letterman hasnt aged well at all - The Brag - February 16th, 2021
- David Letterman is getting backlash for his interview with Lindsay Lohan that pushed the 'stigma of addiction and rehab' - Yahoo News - February 16th, 2021
- David Letterman is getting slammed over resurfaced interview with Lindsay Lohan - WION - February 16th, 2021
- Rose Glass on the ecstasy & agony of her new horror film Saint Maud - Cult MTL - February 16th, 2021
- 10 Old Horror Movies That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time - Screen Rant - February 16th, 2021
- Lindsay Lohan's 2013 Interview with David Letterman Is Going Viral and People Are Horrified - Yahoo Canada Shine On - February 16th, 2021
- 10 Scary Movies To Watch On Amazon Prime To Avoid Thinking About Valentine's Day - Top 10 Films - February 14th, 2021
- 'The Silence of the Lambs' turns 30: Oscar-nominated horror movies and thrillers | Gallery - Wonderwall - February 14th, 2021
- Disney+ STAR: The 10 Adult TV Shows & Movies We Are Most Looking Forward To - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- Experimental film gets atmospheric with '24483 Dreams of Death' - The Park Record - February 14th, 2021
- 5 Of The Most Shocking Moments From Dawn Of The Dead (& 5 Of The Funniest) - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Horror Movies That Debuted At SXSW (Ranked According To Rotten Tomatoes) - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- The Shinings Shelley Duvall is unrecognisable 41 years after legendary horror film as she gives rare i - The Sun - February 14th, 2021
- Why Silence of The Lambs Is So Good 30 Years Later - Esquire.com - February 14th, 2021
- 'Don't Panic': Vinegar Syndrome Releases Replica Pajamas Based on the 1988 Horror Film - Bloody Disgusting - February 14th, 2021
- slowthai and Skepta honor Scary Movie in the video CANCELLED - Inspired Traveler - February 10th, 2021
- Stream It Or Skip It: 'Sator' on VOD, an Atmospheric Horror Story Based on a Real-Life Grandmother's Alleged Demonic Possession - Decider - February 10th, 2021
- 1 In 5 People Think This Is The Worst Spoof Movie Ever Made - Looper - February 10th, 2021
- A terrifying horror film from TIFF comes out this weekend | Curated - Daily Hive - February 10th, 2021
- Slowthai And Skepta Are Horror Icons In The Bloody 'Cancelled' Video - UPROXX - February 10th, 2021
- 10 Horror Novels You Must Read Before You Watch The Movie - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- From The Witches to Lion King, portraying disabled p..s, scary is a media trope with real world consequences - Firstpost - February 10th, 2021
- The 25 Worst Movies of All Time - 24/7 Wall St. - February 10th, 2021
- The Surprising Movies That Parents Use To Introduce Their Kids To Horror - Looper - February 10th, 2021
- 'Saint Maud' Writer-Director Rose Glass On The Devilish Details You May Have Missed - Mashable India - February 10th, 2021
- What makes a cult film? Doco series takes a deep dive into schlock and horror - Sydney Morning Herald - February 10th, 2021
- 'Judas And The Black Messiah': The Story Of A Man Infiltrating The Black Panther Party | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - February 10th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero