Halloween festivities from pumpkin picking and trick-or-treating to costume contests and haunted houses are happening throughout North County. Check websites for COVID-19 safety measures.
Pumpkins are ready for picking.
Boo At The Zoo: Meet spooky and not-so-spooky animals during hourlong early evening flashlight tours with candy stations and apple cider at 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. Oct. 23-24 and Oct. 30-31 at Wild Wonders, 5712 Va Montellano. Feel free to wear your costume. Tickets are $250 for private tours for families of 1-5 people. Visit wildwonders.org.
Brick-Or-Treat: Halloween Celebration Saturdays in October at Legoland, with not-so-spooky entertainment, dance parties, live music, costume entertainers and trick-or-treating. Brick-or-Treat is all day and is included with park admission. Visit legoland.com/california/things-to-do/seasonal-events/brick-or-treat.
Carlsbad Strawberry Company Pumpkin Patch: Apple cannons, tractor rides, haunted corn maze in October and the Pumpkin Patch. Open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday through Nov. 8 at 1050 Cannon Road. Visit carlsbadstrawberrycompany.com/pumpkin.
DEL MARPumpkin Station: Festivities include carousel, rides, giant slides and play center along with pumpkin patch from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Oct. 31 at 15555 Jimmy Durante Blvd. Free admission and parking. Visit pumpkinstation.com.
Not So Scary Fall Festival: Free nature-themed Halloween family day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 17 at San Dieguito County Park, 1628 Lomas Santa Fe Drive. Kids can join hands-on interactive activities, from craft-making to live animal encounters led by park rangers. Costumes are encouraged. Hawk talk is at 11 a.m. Reserve a spot at thenaturecollective.org/event/not-so-scary-fall-festival-10-17-2021.
Drive-Thru Scream Zone Not planned for this year. Visit thescreamzone.com.
Trick-or-Treating on Pumpkin Lane: Free annual Safe Trick-or-Treat is from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31. Dozens of merchants will have goodies for kids. Costumed trick-or-treaters stroll on Pumpkin Lane, aka South Coast Highway 101, from Encinitas Boulevard to K Street. Halloween-themed activities and games for kids in The Lumberyard Courtyard and dancing to live music on the courtyard stage. Visit encinitas101.com.
ESCONDIDOPumpkin Farm: Festivities include corn maze, hayrides and petting zoo along with pumpkins and sunflowers from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Oct. 14 and open until 7 p.m. Oct. 15- 31 at Rancho Bernardo Pumpkin Farm, 13421 Highland Valley Road, Escondido. Free admission and parking. Visit pumpkinstation.com.
Harvest Party: The annual event features carnival-style games, pony rides, face painting and balloon animals from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Oct. 29 for families with children ages 2 through sixth grade at Emmanuel Faith Community Church, 639 E. 17th St. Food will be sold. Visit efcc.org.
Pumpkin Fest: Fall festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 23 at Escondido High School farm, 1535 N. Broadway. Highlights include hayrides, pumpkin patch, petting zoo, car show and carnival-like games for kids along with food, vendors, plant sale including floral designs and fresh produce from the farm. Bring mask. Visit ehscougars.com.
Pumpkin Patch: The Farm Stand West hosts a you-pick Pumpkin Patch from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Oct. 31 at 2115 Miller Ave. Free admission. Visit thefarmstandwest.com.
Pumpkin Picking: Pumpkin picking from 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday; 3 to 8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday through Oct. 31 at The Vineyard, 1924 E. Mission Road. Free admission, small parking fee. Visit fallbrookpumpkinpatch.com.
Scarecrow Days: Drive-by viewing of scarecrows runs through Oct. 31. New attractions include Wizard of Oz characters, Rapunzel and Ring Around The Rosy along with Field of Silent People and Pumpkin Heads. Scarecrow Fall Fun Kids Zone at the Fallbrook Main Avenue Farmers Market is on Saturdays through Oct 23. Viewing directory is at fallbrookchamberofcommerce.org.
Halloween Treats Downtown: Visit Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce member businesses and market vendors for a treat from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 30 at Main Avenue Farmers Market. Visit fallbrookchamberofcommerce.org.
Fall Fun Fest - Trunk N Treat: Open to the community from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 31 at Fallbrook VFW, 1175 Old Stage Road. Visit fallbrookvfw.org.
Halloween Dinner Mob: The event is at 5 p.m. Oct. 31 at Harrys Sports Bar & Grill, 125 S. Main St. Costume contest. Register early at (760) 728-5845. Visit fallbrookchamberofcommerce.org.
Trick-or-treating at market: A free Halloween trick-or-treating event is from noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 31 at Mission Marketplace, 427 College Blvd. Wear a costume. Visit missionmarketplaceoceanside.com.
POWAYHalloween Treat Trail: Children and their families can follow the Treat Trail on Oct. 31 hosted by the Poway Chamber of Commerce. A list and map of participating businesses will be posted. Visit business.poway.com.
Haunted House: Stroll through the haunted halls of Old Poway Parks Haunted House from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Oct. 24-27 at Old Poway Park, 14134 Midland Road. Billed as a screamingly fun time. Not recommended for children under 5. Admission is $1 per person.
RAMONAMountain Valley Ranch Pumpkin Patch: Assortment of pumpkins, gourds and Indian corn from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through Oct. 31 at 842 Highway 78. Corn maze, corn cannon and petting zoo. Pony rides all day on weekends and 3 to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Visit mountainvalleyranch.com.
RANCHO SANTA FEHowl-O-Ween fest: Helen Woodward Animal Center hosts its Howl-O-Ween Harvest Family Festival each Saturday in October and Halloween, Oct. 31, with crafts, critter encounters, mini pumpkin patch and Eerie Expedition. To maximize social distancing, registration is required for one-hour time slots between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Visit animalcenter.org/programs-services/education/howl-o-ween-harvest.
Family Halloween Party: The spooktacularly decorated Wood House at Woodland Park, 1148 Rock Springs Road, will be open from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 29 for a Halloween party with games, crafts, activities and goodies. Register at https://www.san-marcos.net.
Teen Scary Movie Night: A Quiet Place Part II (PG-13) will be screened for teens from 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 30 in the garden of the Wood House at Woodland Park, 1148 Rock Springs Road. Bring chair or blanket. Food allowed. Doors open at 6 p.m.; movie at 7 p.m. Free. Visit https://www.san-marcos.net.
Breakfast With The Littlest Pumpkin: Breakfast includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage and orange juice or coffee, served from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 16 at the San Marcos Community Center, 3 Civic Center Drive. Admission is $5. Register at https://www.san-marcos.net.
Bates pumpkin patch: Hayrides, straw maze, a petting corral, pony rides along with food and lots of pumpkins and gourds through Oct. 31 at Bates Nut Farm, 15954 Valley Woods Road. Open 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday with free parking and 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Free admission and $8 cash-only parking on October weekends. Pony rides, $9; interactive petting zoo, $4; tractor hay ride, $3; and straw maze, $3. Visit batesnutfarm.biz.
Howl-o-Ween Doggie Costume Contest & Parade: Bring your dog costume for the costume contest and parade Oct. 23-24 at Bates Nut Farm, 15954 Valley Woods Road. Prizes awarded to the top dogs. Registration opens at 9 a.m. Judging and parade begin at 11 a.m. $8 cash-only parking. Visit batesnutfarm.biz.
Halloween Family Fun: Free trick-or-treat event from 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 28 in the parking lot of the Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive. Kid-friendly craft kits, goodies, display of fire engines and squad cars. Visit cityofvista.com/residents/trick-or-treat
Track or Treat: The event is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 23-24 during the final weekend of this years Fall Antique Engine & Tractor Show at the Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum, 2040 N. Santa Fe Ave. Highlights include gas engine row startup, antique equipment parade, tractor games on the parade route; demonstrations on weaving, spinning, blacksmithing and woodworking along with milling. Pumpkin pinata, candy and prizes and pumpkin patch. Admission is $8; adults ages 65 and up, $7; kids ages 6-12, $5 and free for kids younger than 6. Free for active-duty military. Visit agsem.com.
PoeFest: A Halloween event featuring four programs at the historic Villa Montezuma Museum, 1925 K St. The festival takes place Oct. 29-31, presented by Write Out Loud with Friends of Villa Montezuma. Features three interactive experiences as participants explore the mansion, culminating in an encounter with Edgar Allan Poe. Tickets are $40. Visit writeoutloudsd.com/poefest.
To add a community Halloween event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One of 2021's best scary movies is now available to watch at home - JOE.ie - January 9th, 2022
- Katt Williams Once Claimed That No One Really Liked Him on the Set of 'Scary Movie 5' - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - January 9th, 2022
- New Scream Video Features Gale Weathers Reporting On The Original Woodsboro Murders - CinemaBlend - January 9th, 2022
- Is Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 2 officially confirmed? - HITC - January 9th, 2022
- What's on TV Saturday: 'The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard' on HBO; Austin City Limits' on PBS - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Sidney Poitier paved the path for black actors in Hollywood - The Tribune India - January 9th, 2022
- What's on TV Thursday, January 6: 'Ghosts' on CBS - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Whats on TV this week: Macbeth, Euphoria & more - Boston Herald - January 9th, 2022
- Red Rocket Movie Increased 94% at Box Office This Weekend - The Nerd Stash - January 9th, 2022
- Worldwide Box Office Climbed 78% In 2021 To $21.4 Billion Amid Covid Flux As Spider-Man Brought The Year Home: Global Studio Rankings - Deadline - January 9th, 2022
- What's on TV Wednesday: 'Next Level Chef,' 'Amazing Race' - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Movies on TV this week 'The Bridge on the River Kwai' on TCM - Los Angeles Times - January 9th, 2022
- Archive 81, Wolf Like Me, and more streaming trailers to watch - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - January 9th, 2022
- The New 'Scream' Is Dedicated to Wes Craven - ScreenCrush - December 27th, 2021
- The 10 Best Horror Movies of 2021 - Rolling Stone - December 27th, 2021
- Stream It Or Skip It: The Scary of Sixty-First on VOD, a Taboo-Busting Throwback Thriller That Tackles Jeffrey Epstein Conspiracy Theories - Decider - December 27th, 2021
- 7 Movie Franchises That Should Have Stopped With A Trilogy - FandomWire - December 27th, 2021
- The 20 best Matrix references in other movies and TV shows - GamesRadar+ - December 27th, 2021
- The 11 best books we've read in 2021 - Greenville Journal - December 27th, 2021
- Best scary movies 2021: 15 of the best horror films ever, ranked by number of jump scares - The Scotsman - December 27th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' - Los Angeles Times - December 27th, 2021
- The Harry Potter star that all the child actors were scared of on set including Rupert Grint and Tom Felton - My London - December 27th, 2021
- Scary Movie V (2013) - IMDb - December 14th, 2021
- Every Movie Spoofed in the Scary Movie Franchise - December 14th, 2021
- Best Christmas movie 2021: 10 alternative Christmas films to watch over the festive season - The Scotsman - December 14th, 2021
- 5 movies, TV shows to snuggle up to over winter break - The Daily Orange - December 14th, 2021
- 'The Scary of Sixty-First': The horror of Jeffrey Epstein - AIPT - December 14th, 2021
- Corey Taylor Stars in the Official Trailer for Horror-Thriller 'Rucker' - Loudwire - December 14th, 2021
- Oklahoma's 'Soderbergh of the Sticks' scares up 'nunsploitation' with new movie 'Agnes' - Oklahoman.com - December 14th, 2021
- The Old School Animation Technique that Makes The Shining So Scary - Film School Rejects - December 14th, 2021
- The Hills Have Eyes 3 Possible Release Date of This Horror Film - Alpha News Call - December 14th, 2021
- Here's the Scary Trailer For AN UNQUIET GRAVE - Available on VOD, Digital HD and DVD January 18th - We Are Movie Geeks - December 14th, 2021
- The 20 Best Comedies of 2021 - Paste - Paste Magazine - December 14th, 2021
- The most fun movies of 2021 - Polygon - December 14th, 2021
- A logical look at the subjectivity of speech - MIT News - December 14th, 2021
- Riddler Unmasks the Truth About Bruce Wayne in New The Batman Trailer - ComicBook.com - December 14th, 2021
- REVIEW: 'The Unforgivable' is a gritty film about trauma at a young age and being haunted by the past - UNCW Seahawk - December 14th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: 'In the Heat of the Night' Cinemax - Los Angeles Times - December 14th, 2021
- "Dopamine Nation": Why pain is crucial in an era of easy pleasures - Big Think - December 14th, 2021
- The best albums of 2021 - The New Statesman - December 14th, 2021
- Chhorii and beyond, why are Hindi filmmakers afraid of horror movies? - The Indian Express - November 29th, 2021
- When Is a Horror Movie Not a Horror Movie? - The New York Times - November 29th, 2021
- 12 Terrifying Horror Movie Families To Spend Thanksgiving With - GameSpot - November 29th, 2021
- 'Mom' and 'Scary Movie' star turns 45, plus more celebs with milestone birthdays in November 2021 - Wonderwall - November 29th, 2021
- 25+ Best Movies About Adoption That Show All Families Dont Look the Same - Scary Mommy - November 29th, 2021
- Who is in the cast of Kevin Harts True Story?... - The Sun - November 29th, 2021
- A Minute With: 'Shepherd' actor and director on the horror film - Reuters - November 29th, 2021
- Close out the year in movies with Spider-Man, The Matrix, and a slew of Oscar hopefuls - The A.V. Club - November 29th, 2021
- do you know who his ex-wife is? She is a much loved actress - D1SoftballNews.com - November 29th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: 'Casablanca' TCM 'The Godfather' TMC - Los Angeles Times - November 29th, 2021
- Exclusive: Aitch Talks Popularity in College, His Success Over The Past 2 Years & Upcoming Album - theknockturnal.com - November 29th, 2021
- A Full Month Of Giving Thanks - Monticello News - November 29th, 2021
- Celebrities Who Got Married This Year - Goss.ie - November 29th, 2021
- Jed Blaugrund | 'Last Night in Soho' is swinging and scary - Santa Clarita Valley Signal - November 13th, 2021
- Billy Summers: 'Antlers' provides true scares on the big screen - Huntington Herald Dispatch - November 13th, 2021
- Tori Spelling: It's hard to admit to needing help with raising children - Tyler Morning Telegraph - November 13th, 2021
- Simon Rex Doesnt Want to Be That Guy Anymore - Vulture - November 13th, 2021
- Midnight Run 2 Is Happening with Robert De Niro and Regina Hall - MovieWeb - November 13th, 2021
- The horror film Quentin Tarantino called "one of the greatest movies ever made" - Far Out Magazine - November 13th, 2021
- New horror movies 2021: every big scary film coming to theaters and streamers - TechRadar - November 13th, 2021
- Reader Radar: The World Series of Scary Movies - National Association of Plan Advisors - November 2nd, 2021
- Updated Scary Movies for People with Anxiety and Depression - The New Yorker - November 2nd, 2021
- Opinion: Santa Cruz and Scary Movies - Good Times Weekly - November 2nd, 2021
- Here are the top-grossing scary movies of the last 20 Halloweens - WGHP FOX8 Greensboro - November 2nd, 2021
- Not ready to end the scary-movie season? 'Roh' is just what you need - KMUW - November 2nd, 2021
- Halloween: 5 scary movies that will send chills down your spine - KIRO Seattle - November 2nd, 2021
- Scary movies should have cathartic endings | Opinion | breezejmu.org - The Breeze - November 2nd, 2021
- 6 Purely Terrifying Ghost Movies That Will Send Chills Down Your Spine - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 2nd, 2021
- The best scary movies on TV over the Halloween weekend - JOE.ie - November 2nd, 2021
- Scary Godmother Is a Halloween Nostalgiafest - Vulture - November 2nd, 2021
- Halloween 2021: Scariest horror ever according to science revealed - Metro.co.uk - November 2nd, 2021
- Fear is fun (for some of us): Why we're drawn to horror and scary movies - Stars and Stripes - November 2nd, 2021
- Are these the 13 scariest movie cars of all time? | ClassicCars.com Journal - The ClassicCars.com Journal - November 2nd, 2021
- Stream and scream with these free scary movies, series on iWantTFC for Halloween - Manila Bulletin - November 2nd, 2021
- IMO: 'The Haunting Of Hill House' is a Perfect Scary Series - knue.com - November 2nd, 2021
- Horror movies Netflix UK: 10 of the best horror movies on the popular streaming platform - The Scotsman - November 2nd, 2021
- 2 scary movies open Oct. 29 at Seattle-area theaters, just in time for Halloween - Walla Walla Union-Bulletin - November 2nd, 2021
- The 31 Scariest Movie Scenes Ever - /Film - October 20th, 2021
- In the Mood for a Scary Movie? Here Are 12 That Are Set in DC. - Washingtonian - October 20th, 2021
- Halloween parades, scary movies, and other spooky activities happening this week - PennLive - October 20th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero