Jeremy Ray Taylor is from Sullivan County. He has a starring role in the upcoming horror movie, "It".
WBIR 6:32 PM. EDT September 06, 2017
The 14-year-old actor from Sullivan County, Tenn. has a starring role in the upcoming horror film, It, based on the 1986 novel by Stephen King. (Photo: WBIR)
SULLIVAN COUNTY, TENN. - Jeremy Ray Taylor isn't old enough to drive yet but his talents have already taken him from Tennessee to Tinseltown. The 14-year-old actor from Sullivan County, Tenn. has a starring role in the upcoming horror film,It, based on the 1986 novel by Stephen King.
The movie, set to be released on Sept. 8, 2017, tells the story of seven children who are terrorized by an evil monster in the form of a clown. The group of kids, dubbed "the Losers' Club", are determined to kill the monster.
In a Skype interview Taylor, who was out of town ia for the movie's premiere, discussed what it's like to take a role in a movie that already had a fan base.
"It was scary because I knew that Stephen King was such a legendary writer," said Taylor. "Making a movie based on a book or a past thing is very nerve-racking."
Taylor's character, Ben Hanscom, faces a monstrous clown, bullying, and other teenage angst in the movie, but life on the set was a lot of fun.
"It was fun. I'm working with 6 other kids so there were some great vibes on the set. It wasn't very scary," said Taylor. "I think a lot of people think if you're working on a horror movie it 's a bad experience but it was amazing."
Jeremy admits that his first impression of Bill Skarsgard as the evil clown "Pennywise" was of fright.
"Let's just get this out of the way..it was terrifying. But I was really excited just because I knew he was going to scare a lot of people and I was very proud of Bill and how he took on the role of "Pennywise"," said Taylor.
While the movie deals with fears and phobias, Jeremy Ray Taylor hopes that fans will look past the scariness and see the sweetness of the film.
"I hope that people take that it's more than a horror movie. It's about friendship and triumph."
It is rated R and will be released on Sept. 8, 2017.
Read the original:
Tennessee teen has starring role in upcoming horror movie 'It' - WBIR-TV
- What's in the attic? How scary movies utilize this space - SYFY WIRE - May 28th, 2020
- Empty everywhere - like a scary movie, World News & Top Stories - The Straits Times - May 28th, 2020
- Everything Coming to and Leaving Netflix in June - RADIO.COM - May 28th, 2020
- From Alfred Hitchcock to Stanley Kubrick: The ultimate guide to the best horror films of all time - Far Out Magazine - May 28th, 2020
- Marcia Gay Harden (Barkskins): This scary, exciting time of exploration and battle [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW] - Gold Derby - May 28th, 2020
- Mike Tyson Used Inspiration From His Childhood to Help Create His Television Show - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 28th, 2020
- 'My Husband's Deadly Past': Release date, plot, cast, trailer and all you need to know about the Lifetime thri - MEAWW - May 28th, 2020
- Cheaper By The Dozen Cast Recreates Scenes From The Movie 17 Years Later - Scary Mommy - May 28th, 2020
- Casper at 25: Revisiting the Unlikely '90s Gem /Film - /FILM - May 26th, 2020
- 7 best Stephen King movie adaptations on Netflix that are too scary to watch alone - GQ India - May 26th, 2020
- Goldie Hawn Spills On 'Scary' Drug Trip And Standing Up To Harvey Weinstein - TooFab - May 26th, 2020
- 10 tips to make your backyard camping trip a success - IOL - May 26th, 2020
- Betaal review: Netflix zombie series is neither scary nor thematic enough to be a truly immersive experience - Firstpost - May 26th, 2020
- What lies beneath: Why basements are one of the scariest locations in horror - SYFY WIRE - May 26th, 2020
- Scream 5: Every Original Star Returning For The New Instalment - NationEditions - May 26th, 2020
- 50 Years Ago: 'Beneath the Planet of the Apes' Goes Underground - Ultimate Classic Rock - May 26th, 2020
- Emma Watson Has a Scary Reason for Refusing to Take Selfies With Fans - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 26th, 2020
- Riverdales Marisol Nichols stay-at-home includes quality time with her daughter and red light treatments - HOLA! USA - May 26th, 2020
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris are separating after 8 years of marriage - D1SoftballNews.com - May 26th, 2020
- With its own built-in armor, this prehistoric monster fish had no fear when it came to head-butting its dinner - SYFY WIRE - May 26th, 2020
- There will be floods, zombies and, yes, viruses. Plus this infernal train ride - The Irish Times - May 22nd, 2020
- Zombies, Blaxploitation and Heavy Metal, Now Available to Stream - Nashville Scene - May 22nd, 2020
- Here's a GIF of Arkane's canceled Half-Life 2: Episode 4 and Ravenholm's door-ripping zombies - Destructoid - May 22nd, 2020
- The Cast of 'Zombies 2 Bring The Laughs In This Exclusive Look at The Bloopers - Just Jared Jr. - May 22nd, 2020
- The Best Movies and TV Shows to Stream on Netflix Before They Expire in June - Slate - May 21st, 2020
- Franklin Drive-In to reopen Thursday with changes in capacity, film offerings - Bowling Green Daily News - May 21st, 2020
- From Aliens to Wonder Woman, here is every sci-fi & genre movie coming to HBO Max - SYFY WIRE - May 21st, 2020
- Start a Career in Voiceover With This Agent's Advice - Backstage - May 21st, 2020
- This Young Man Spent His Twenties Imprisoned On A Pacific Island Before Finding Safety In Canada - BuzzFeed News - May 21st, 2020
- TOMORROW x TOGETHER name the scariest movies they've seen + fight over the #1 visual title on 'TMI News' - allkpop - May 21st, 2020
- How Karen Gillan Defies the Constraints of Genre - Film School Rejects - May 21st, 2020
- Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen conceived daughter on set of Scary Movie 5 - Calgary Herald - May 17th, 2020
- What to Stream This Weekend: Taylor Swift's Concert Special, 'The Great' on Hulu, 'Scream' and More! - KMOV.com - May 17th, 2020
- Stephen King: The 10 Scariest Movies Based On His Books, Ranked - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 17th, 2020
- Emma Stone: 10 Worst Movies According To IMDb | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - May 17th, 2020
- Kids Slay The Darndest Things | Spanish Cult Film Who Can Kill A Child? - HeadStuff.org - May 17th, 2020
- Scream and the Art of Being Smart About Being Dumb - Jezebel - May 17th, 2020
- SRK calls budding film-makers to spook him in lockdown, announces competition to make scary indoor movie - Economic Times - May 15th, 2020
- Scream 5: Neve Campbell Confirms She's in Talks to Return - Collider.com - May 15th, 2020
- COMMUNITY VOICES: Another aspect of life with coronavirus has changed: How we enjoy movies - The Bakersfield Californian - May 15th, 2020
- An Imaginary Friend Sparks Very Real Horrors in the Creepy Z - Gizmodo - May 15th, 2020
- Top 10 gory Scream deaths ranked as Neve Campbell hints at 5th film - Metro.co.uk - May 15th, 2020
- 12 Asian Films With The Greatest Pop Culture Influence - Tatler Hong Kong - May 15th, 2020
- Teen star Sidney Flanigan: If politicians saw this movie, I don't think they'd have any empathy - The Irish News - May 15th, 2020
- DIY Guess Who Games The Morning Show Would Dominate At Playing - klaq.com - May 15th, 2020
- Kehlani on the Meaning of Her New Albums Apocalyptic Artwork - Pitchfork - May 15th, 2020
- A Yankee Notebook: Memories in the dark | Weekend Magazine - Rutland Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Mrs. Serial Killer Review: Jacqueline Fernandez Competes With Herself for the Title of Netflix's Worst Movie - The Union Journal - May 15th, 2020
- Kid Dubai: How Dread Marley is reinventing the hip-hop culture - RESPECT. - May 15th, 2020
- I Rewatched 'Mars Attacks!' For The First Time After Childhood Nightmares & Wow, This Movie - Pedestrian TV - May 15th, 2020
- MONSTER IN THE WALLS 101 - Scary Studies - JoBlo.com - May 15th, 2020
- What are UAE residents googling the most during the pandemic? - Gulf News - May 8th, 2020
- 10 Best Horror Shows Returning This Year | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - May 8th, 2020
- Love in the Time of Coronavirus: 10 Best Movies to Check out on Your Virtual First Date - PopCulture.com - May 5th, 2020
- Megan Thee Stallion: catching up with the hot girl at home - Dazed - May 5th, 2020
- Chris Brown and Young Thugs Slime & B tracklist revealed - REVOLT TV - May 5th, 2020
- 10 Actors Who Were Almost Cast In Kevin Smith Films | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - May 5th, 2020
- Where are the cast of Dawson's Creek now - from Scientology to suicide tragedy - Mirror Online - May 5th, 2020
- Have a Horror Marathon with the Best Scary Movies of 2020 - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 4th, 2020
- Harry Potter fans confused by newly discovered scene: This was never in the movie - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 4th, 2020
- Scary The New Mutants Images Reveal Magik Vs. Demon Bear Fight and the Smiley Men - MovieWeb - May 4th, 2020
- New Star Wars movie to be written and dreicted by Taika Waititi - GamesRadar+ - May 4th, 2020
- Here's How The MCU Is Course Correcting Its Phase 4 Projects - Men's Variety - May 4th, 2020
- 10 Movies For Fans Of Rick & Morty To Watch | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - May 4th, 2020
- The best games, movies, and series coming out in May - MyBroadband - May 4th, 2020
- Shaquille O'Neal's formula to triple the fortune he earned as an NBA star - Sportsfinding - May 4th, 2020
- The 13 best scary movies on Netflix - The Daily Dot - May 2nd, 2020
- A Nightmare on Elm Street and the disappointing mediocrity of horror remakes - SYFY WIRE - May 2nd, 2020
- From the Psychological to the Supernatural: Horror in the 1960s - CBR - Comic Book Resources - May 2nd, 2020
- Q&A: Andrew Lennon, Author of 'Every Twisted Thought' - The Nerd Daily - May 2nd, 2020
- The Pale Lady Scene Makes Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark Worth Watching - Screen Rant - May 2nd, 2020
- During the pandemic, the saddest boast of all - GuelphToday - May 2nd, 2020
- Nerds Gets Spooky: Be on the Lookout Because It Follows and Never Stops - News Lagoon - May 2nd, 2020
- Plex adds Crackle movies and TV shows to its free streaming service - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 2nd, 2020
- New on Netflix May 2020: "Riverdale" Season 4, "The Half of It," and More - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 2nd, 2020
- OPINION | Inequality, the part of the scary movie they don't show you - Fin24 - May 1st, 2020
- 11 scary horror movies that'll give you nightmares - Mashable SE Asia - May 1st, 2020
- Movies on TV this week, May 3 - 9: 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' - Los Angeles Times - May 1st, 2020
- What to stream this weekend: Netflix love story 'The Half of It,' Rob Morgan's 'Bull' are worth the ride - USA TODAY - May 1st, 2020
- Meet the TikTok Creators Are Making Popular Horror Movies - TIME - May 1st, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero