In a flashback, Rick walks with three-year-old Carl down a country road.
In the present, Alden and the POWs clear walkers around the Hilltops perimeter.
Rick speaks to Siddiq about the circumstances of Carl's death. Siddiq explains that Carl was helping him kill walkers to release their souls, as Siddiq's mother once did. He regrets not having considered the risks.
Hilltoppers mobilize to ambush the Saviors. Ezekiel predicts it could be the last morning for some of them.
Rick, Maggie, Carol, Michonne, Daryl and Rosita discuss their plan of attack. Michonne wonders if they can trust intelligence delivered by Gregory.
Morgan looks around Hilltop, confused and out of sorts. He strides aggressively towards Alden and the Saviors and knocks someone to the ground before realizing its Henry. Rick suggests to Morgan that he stay back, but Morgan vows to finish the Saviors. Maggie refuses to let Alden and the Savior prisoners join the fight.
Ricks army marches to battle.
Saviors mobilize at the Sanctuary. Eugene informs Negan that he manufactured the munitions as requested. Negan shoots a dummy labeled "Rick" with a test bullet and grins. He gives a map to two Saviors, Lance and Duke, and sends them out.
Rick leads a scout team to spy on Lance and Dukes group as they set up a road block.
Negan, Laura, Eugene and Gabriel drive out together. Negan predicts that Rick will send a scout team to kill Lances group as they set up their roadblock. He explains that he gave Lance and Duke, who were Simon's men, a decoy map to lure Ricks group into an ambush.
Ricks scout team kills Lances group and finds the map, unaware that its a decoy. Morgan hallucinates and sees Jared. Rick radios Maggie with the new ambush location indicated on the map.
Gabriel jumps out of Negans car and makes a run for it. Laura and Eugene capture him. Negan punches Gabriel and orders him back in the car.
Ricks army crosses a field. Jesus suggests Morgan abstain from killing people by reserving the sharp end of his stick for walkers and the blunt side for the living. A massive herd looms in the distance.
A convoy of Saviors approaches Hilltop. Tara, Kal and others arm themselves.
Ricks army advances to the ambush spot. Whistling begins just as it did on the night Glenn and Abraham died. Negan reaches Rick via walkie to explain that Ricks group is trapped. Negan and the Saviors appear on the crest of a nearby hill in a massive line and open fire, but their guns malfunction. The bullets explode in their hands. Ricks army charges.
The battle begins in earnest.
Hilltoppers evacuate. Tara, worried that the wailing of the baby will put the Saviors on their trail, stays behind to fight. Alden and the other prisoners insist on helping her.
Regina attacks Eugene for sabotaging the ammunition. Rosita shoots Regina, killing her.
Morgan goes to kill a Savior, but at the last moment heeds Jesus's advice and knocks him out instead.
Tara and the prisoners prepare to attack. To their surprise Cyndie and the Oceansiders ambush the Saviors with Molotov cocktails.
Defeated, Laura and the surviving Saviors surrender to Ricks army.
Rick runs out of bullets and fights Negan hand to hand. A framed stained glass window hangs from a nearby tree. Negan gains the upper hand. Rick asks Negan to grant him ten seconds to describe the future Carl envisioned and Negan acquiesces. Rick suddenly slits Negans throat with a shard of glass.
Negan falls to the ground clutching at his bleeding neck.
Rick orders Siddiq to save Negan. Maggie screams and demands that Negan die, but Michonne holds her back. Rick orders the Saviors to return home and proclaims that Negans rule is over. He points to the massive herd in the distance and declares that they must unite to fight the walkers.
Eugene confirms to Rosita that he sabotaged the Saviors munitions. She punches him in the face for vomiting on her.
Morgan gives his armor to Carol to pass along to Henry.
Light dances on Ricks face as he weeps under a tree.
Alden tells Maggie that he would like to stay at Hilltop to help build a stronger community. She agrees to his request.
Rosita and Tara deliver supplies to the Sanctuary, where Saviors are rebuilding their compound. Rosita nods at Laura, who is planting a garden.
Daryl releases Dwight in the woods with a set of car keys, and vows to kill him if he ever returns.
Morgan goes to the junkyard and invites Jadis to join Ricks community. She accepts his offer, but he stays behind, alone in the Heaps.
Dwight drives to his old house and finds a note from Sherry. He smiles.
Carol, Ezekiel, Jerry and Henry return to the Kingdom.
Maggie meets Jesus and Daryl and declares that Rick shouldnt have spared Negans life. She vows to prove him wrong.
Negan recovers in the infirmary. Rick and Michonne inform him that he will rot in a cell for the rest of his life and serve as a reminder that people are capable of change.
Gabriel walks through a burned-out church. He kneels at the altar and thanks God.
In a flashback, Rick puts his sheriffs hat on 3-year-old Carl as they walk down a country road. In the present he writes a letter to Carl and attributes the new world to his son.
Go here to see the original:
The Walking Dead - Wrath: Season 8, Episode 16 - AMC
- Now We Know Exactly Why Michonne Is Leaving The Walking Dead - September 17th, 2019
- The Walking Dead (season 10) - Wikipedia - September 14th, 2019
- AMC threatens to pull "The Walking Dead" out of Georgia - June 5th, 2019
- Fear The Walking Dead Premiere Had A Huge Connection To The ... - June 5th, 2019
- Fear The Walking Dead Season 5 Shows Some Improvement In ... - May 25th, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Rick Grimes' death revealed in comic books? | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk - May 21st, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 10: 'Excited' Michael Cudlitz ... - May 18th, 2019
- The Walking Dead comics may have revealed Daryls TV death ... - May 14th, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10: Norman Reedus shares first BTS ... - May 10th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' May Have Finally Pulled The Trigger On ... - May 7th, 2019
- Walking Dead favourite was finished with show after Negan ... - May 5th, 2019
- AMC CEO Says The Walking Dead Is Early in Its Life Cycle - May 3rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Just Went Absolutely Off the Rails - May 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Star speaks out on ... - May 1st, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 will explore Danai Gurira's ... - April 30th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead's Khary Payton Expected King Ezekiel to ... - April 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Danai Gurira is going to start filming ... - April 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 5: What We Know So Far - April 23rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Carol Peletier in ... - April 23rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 10 spoilers: Ross Marquand says ... - April 19th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Getting a New Spinoff, This One About ... - April 9th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead': Third Series Officially a Go at AMC ... - April 8th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Spinoff Greenlit at AMC: Full Story ... - April 8th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Ratings Fall To Season Finale Low; Rises ... - April 7th, 2019
- Walking Dead Season 9 Finale Is Lowest-Rated in Series ... - April 7th, 2019
- 'Walking Dead' Season 10 Whisperer War Predictions ... - April 7th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Finale Recap | TV Guide - April 4th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead's' Angela Kang talks about mysterious radio ... - April 3rd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 16, Recap: Did Alpha ... - April 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead SPOILERS: Showrunner On Season 9 Finale ... - April 2nd, 2019
- Season 9 Of The Walking Dead Ends As It Began, Miraculously ... - April 2nd, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' pike deaths could have been a Red Wedding ... - March 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Killed Off a Bunch of Characters in Key ... - March 27th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' adds to huge death toll - March 27th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Own Red Wedding Just Killed Off 10 Characters - March 27th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Who Died in Penultimate Episode? - March 26th, 2019
- Spoilers: Who Will Die In The Walking Dead Finale? - March 22nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Just Showed It Doesnt Need To Kill ... - March 20th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 14 Review: 'Scars' Is A ... - March 19th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 14 Recap: Michonne and ... - March 19th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 13 Review ... - March 13th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead': Who are the Highwaymen? - INSIDER - March 12th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Recap: Season 9, Episode 13 Meet the ... - March 12th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' characters fans think will die next on the ... - March 10th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Ryan Hurst on Beta's Arrival | TV Guide - March 7th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' May Be Finally Giving Daryl A Love ... - March 7th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Alpha And Beta Aren't Just Villains ... - March 6th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead': How Ryan Hurst was cast as Beta - INSIDER - March 5th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 11 Bounty Review [Spoilers ... - February 27th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Drops to All-Time Low in Ratings and ... - February 26th, 2019
- Last Night Showed 'The Walking Dead' Is Doing Something ... - February 26th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9: Another Major Death Coming? - February 26th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 11 Preview: Daryl ... - February 24th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Recap: Season 9, Episode 10 Alphas ... - February 23rd, 2019
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead on Steam - February 21st, 2019
- What Exactly Happened To Lydia In Last Night's Confusing 'The ... - February 21st, 2019
- The Walking Dead (season 9) - Wikipedia - February 14th, 2019
- Walking Dead Star Danai Gurira to Exit Series Variety - February 14th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 9 Review: An Okay ... - February 13th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 9 Recap: The Whisperers ... - February 11th, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 10: Michonne May Not Return | Collider - February 6th, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 9 spoilers: Negan's new ally REVEALED ... - February 5th, 2019
- How The Walking Dead Wrote Andrew Lincoln Off The Show - February 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Midseason Premiere on AMC Premiere ... - February 2nd, 2019
- The Walking Dead Season 9: Greg Nicotero Previews the ... - January 25th, 2019
- AMC Reveals Title and Synopsis for The Walking Dead Mid ... - January 19th, 2019
- The Walking Dead | ScreenRant - January 13th, 2019
- The Whisperers Are Watching In This New 'The Walking Dead ... - January 12th, 2019
- The Walking Dead's Alpha and Beta Are Revealed in New Teaser ... - January 11th, 2019
- The Walking Dead season 9 spoilers: Star teases MAJOR ... - January 7th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Is Getting Another 'Fear The Walking ... - January 5th, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9 Events Changing The Tone - January 2nd, 2019
- This Former 'The Walking Dead' Star Has Some Harsh Words For ... - December 23rd, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Will Return In January ... - December 11th, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 8 Recap: Jesus Dies as ... - November 28th, 2018
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 7 Review: 'Stradivarius' - November 25th, 2018
- Maggie's Exit From 'The Walking Dead' Is Weird, Much ... - November 21st, 2018
- The Walking Dead (Video Game) - November 20th, 2018
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 9, Episode 6 Review: A Brave New Show - November 15th, 2018
- Daryl Now Has A Dog On 'The Walking Dead' So ... - forbes.com - November 11th, 2018
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero