Maybe not everyone knows, but CinePOP Horror was born out of a love for films and a desire to stay in touch with their fans. So, there is nothing more natural than that we put too much emphasis on this genre, so loved a large part of the filmmakers in general. 2020 was not an easy year for anyone. It closed theaters, allowing us to support only streaming platforms to watch each days movies. In between everything, there was no shortage of horror films. Some gems and so many other junk.
As chaotic, scary and fortunate as a good horror film should be, 2020 was not able to defeat us and yet we managed to bring together ten major cinema productions of the horror genre to point at a list. Without further ado, lets know the best horror movies of 2020. Oh yes, lets not forget that this is not particularly opinion CinePOP, Is rather a mix of the average ratings of the general special press and, of course, the general public. Check it out below.
Family relationships are a big part of making us human. This is what presents us with the first sensations of our lives. It defines us. And such feelings can be associated with love, happiness, but also sorrow and even horror. Thus, it is natural that Family Link produces a theme from comedy, drama, and even terror to appear in any and all cinematographic genres. Still unprecedented in Brazil, it is actually the subject of this feature, written and directed by the young filmmaker Natalie Erica James which has already produced many videos and texts for critics in our country. In a very feminine plot, three generations of women (grandmother, mother and daughter) are stricken with supernatural powers in the family home. Think of new Halloween (2018), Michael Myers exchanged for Hunting. Live by the trio of that time Emily Mortimer, Bella heathcote I Robin Nevin.
The ninth place on our list can be found in the Netflix collection. After the Oscar for Best Film Parasite This year, the other half of the filmmakers began to pay more attention to South Korean productions than they had yet. And one of the specialties of the country is the horror films, which have a high quality of narrative and a carefully crafted technical part. After four years of mesmerizing the world with immense acclaim Zombie invasion (2014) Those who dont have the best sequel to call (we talk about the sequence in the list of worst) -, filmmaker He Cho The zombie invests in subgenres to attract countless accolades for producing the theme in the country. Plot resembles French Knight devoured the world (2018), and shows a character waking up struggling to escape the security of his apartment. Despite the lack of originality, everything has been created with much effort and frenzy # Alive One manages to stand out as one of the best examples of Sabzin in recent years.
Canadian production written and directed by Brandon Christenson, This is another film that drinks from the sources of some works of the genre, see Hidden friends, The Babadook I good night mom, But it adds its own spice to the mix, overshadowing critics and the public. Part of scary kids Damn friendship Soon he reveals his true paints, when we find that much below the initial premise, inviting more serious discussions on topics such as schizophrenia and depression.
Another unprecedented film in our theaters (and so far in our country in general), this is a feature that falls into a new subfield Terrier. Is very popular after the success of Panic (1996), films that combine terror and humor are liked for the well-being of the people, and now and then they are supported by critics. Here, young filmmaker Jim cummings (Who writes and directs) What the veteran achieves Wes Craven I Kevin williamson I tried unsuccessfully Damned (2005), that is, a very funny, but very sinister way to accompany the mythology of an animal called a werewolf. Here, the creature is afraid of a small town. Cummings Also acts as a police officer and marks the last work of a feature actor Robert forster (Oscar nominee Jackie brown).
Another unprecedented feature in our land, Owner Giving something to talk about among experts, the Futurist is praised as one of the best productions of its kind in 2020. While highly acclaimed David cronenberg Does not return active to cheer his fans (his last film was Map of starsIn 2014 without any new projects on the horizon), they are satisfied with the presentations of their offspring, son Brandon Cronenberg. What we can say is that the baby fish is pursuing a career that makes Daddy (and fans, of course) proud. After his debut with Gut and Grotesque Anti viral (2012), Cronenberg son Returns to a production track for this science fiction story, the mystery and terror about the changing body and air of a sort Matrix. Items that are a complete plate for the general public.
The Brazilian public has little to complain about the currents we have here. Netflix, Amazon, Telesyn Play, HBO Go and more recently Disney + are big favorites. But if there is a platform that makes us a little needy, then it is known by the name Hulu. One thing or the other by amazon (as) Small fire), But the premiere is like a recent Daud Actually leaves us saliva. Written and directed by the filmmaker Aneesh Chowringhee, Daud There has been a stir since their trailer, which showed an apparent abusive relationship between mother and daughter the way the world was recently shocked, giving rise to many interpretations in the audio-visual. Ah yes, but the great decay was the presence of Sarah Paulson As the abusive hero. However, Daud This is surprising to many. A must and to further arouse our anxiety.
2020 was a short year for cinema, but we cant help but thankfully he managed to bring us a film Invisible man Still in its first three months. Although many people may not realize it, every film sends a message and makes a speech. Even acts of terror, which use fear to talk about a specific subject. Therefore, it gives us great pleasure as filmmakers when a film emphasizes and works its message well. It is the same with this pearl of written and directed Blumhouse Leigh Vannanell, Which gives more powerful meaning than classic history Hg wales Including a very fashionable subject in its plot, very painful and which should be added on every occasion: domestic abuse. Endless applause for this.
Talking of strong meanings in horror films, our story ranks third along with this story. Here, the issue of xenophobia and the delicate issue of refugees in Europe comes up. The world can be a cruel place, full of inequalities. It is intrinsic to the pursuit of a better life for man. Not everyone has the means to do it in an easy and practical way. Many help is needed. And you, have you done your part? In addition to the drama of leaving his motherland due to heartbreak and self-preservation, it is written and directed by Netflix Productions, a filmmaker Remy week (We cant wait for your next job), of course, dont forget to freeze all the possible backbones of your audience when the protagonists couple demons begin to materialize.
One of the most anticipated productions for this early 2020, Headlight Filmmakers next job is Robert Eggers Who stopped the world of terror five years ago with his high praise Witch (2015). So everyone was looking forward to the directors next move. Making noise at festivals throughout the past year, wherever they went, Brazilians could not bear to wait any longer and were able to investigate it in January. Awesome as his first job, Headlight Maybe even more crazy Witch, Vowing to leave a large section of the audience scratching their heads after the end of the exhibition. But how would you say Chakrina, I Eggers He has a fan of the school: I didnt come to explain, I came to confuse. what Headlight Is up Witch The monstrous performance duality between a fickle Willem Duffoi this is a Robert Pattinson Some words and friends. Both describe lighthouse keepers in the 1890s.
Lets play the drums. The first position at the top of the podium is with another South Korean work. Okay, to be fair, there were very few who saw or knew Call, Netflix production. But all the experts, as well as fans who have already examined it, guarantee the film a maximum score, without fanfare for it. Equally, this is not a script that uses such an original idea, as the movies mention. high frequency (2000), for example, where there is a relation between two different time lines. In the aforesaid film, twenty years ago, there was a radio broadcast involving father and son. Here, it is a phone call that brings the characters closer to the past and present. In fact, Call Launched in 2011 is a remake of a co-production between Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. Who directs Hy Chung-hyun Lee.
Speaking of Terrir, Blumhouse production related to the pandemic was very successful during the pandemic, and we can no longer worry about checking it here. Written and directed by a true expert on comic slasher, filmmaker Christopher LandonBrings a great double between film Vince von And charismatic Catherine Newton. Landon had already scored a brilliant goal by mixing brilliant elements in his narrative about serial killers. Death congratulates you And its continuation, where it uses the without weary repeatedly feature. Here, the element brought to him is the very famous exchange of bodies in the 80s, thus, a serial killer finds himself as the patron of a beautiful and blonde schoolgirl, and vice versa. We cant wait for the directors next thought, unless it is talking to animals.
Another terrier, but this original from Netflix, and with a vampire theme which had not yet appeared on the list. Written and directed by Oz Rodriguez, The feature film is one of a kind the Lost Boys (1987) Ghetto, Great and Little Known Elements Building attack (2011), production of Edgar wright. In the plot, a group of friendly friends, residents of the Bronx, in New York, find themselves amid major changes in their neighborhood. The most frightening of them, however, is the presence of intruding vampires among the inhabitants.
Subscribe to Our YOUTUBE Channel
Best Horror Movies of 2020 - Sprout Wired
- Best Zombie Movies Streaming on Hulu, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime - IndieWire - September 5th, 2021
- James Gunn and Craig Mazin made The Boys six years before the comic - The Digital Fix - August 10th, 2021
- Michigan Congressmen and Women Can Work Together, Some Times - wbckfm.com - wbckfm.com - July 11th, 2021
- Netflix's 'Resident Evil' Anime Shows Off Exactly Why People Love the Franchise - Thrillist - July 11th, 2021
- The best TV series to watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now, BritBox and more this July 2021 - iNews - July 11th, 2021
- No Hands Clapping - by Jonah Goldberg - The Remnant - The Dispatch - July 11th, 2021
- 50 Best Zombie Movies of the 21st Century - Cultured Vultures - July 1st, 2021
- Fewer in NJ getting COVID, and most are unvaccinated, Murphy says - New Jersey 101.5 FM - July 1st, 2021
- In Between The Poop And The Pope 105.7 The Point - 105.7 The Point - July 1st, 2021
- How many Halloween movies are there ? The complete Michael Myers timeline to watch before Halloween Kills arrived - Sportskeeda - July 1st, 2021
- Lucifer And Army Of The Dead Top Nielsens As Cruella Debuts On Disney+ - Forbes - July 1st, 2021
- What to watch on Netflix Top 10: Most popular shows May 28 - Tom's Guide - June 1st, 2021
- Box Office is Back Thanks to A Quiet Place Part II and World War Z - Film School Rejects - June 1st, 2021
- Army of the Dead Is One of Netflix's Biggest Hits with 72 Million Account Views and Counting - MovieWeb - June 1st, 2021
- New from Netflix in June: series, films and documentaries Explica .co - Explica - June 1st, 2021
- 10 greatest movie trilogies of all time - The Independent - May 21st, 2021
- Army Of The Dead (2021) - Rotten Tomatoes - May 21st, 2021
- The 10 Best Alien Invasion Movies - Cinelinx - May 8th, 2021
- 40 Years Ago: 'Friday the 13th Part 2' Makes Jason a Killer - Ultimate Classic Rock - May 8th, 2021
- Underappreciated Gems The Top 10 Most Underrated Movies of the Past 5 Years - Hollywood Insider - April 23rd, 2021
- If Browns Take a Wide Receiver in Round 1... - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Former Bengals Great Gives His Thoughts on Penei Sewell and Ja'Marr Chase Debate - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Ozzie Albies and Dansby Swanson are showing us why early-season stats can be meaningless - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Cubs place OF Joc Pederson on 10-day injured list - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- 3 Browns Players Who Could Be Impacted By Draft Picks - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Eagles could move up in first round of NFL Draft? - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Steve Kerr weighs in on Kelly Oubre Jr. coming off the bench - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Chargers Top 15 Players They Could Take at 13 - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Q2 Montana this Morning top stories with Victoria Hill 4-5-21 - Yahoo News - April 5th, 2021
- Every Alice Cooper album, ranked from worst to best - Louder - March 9th, 2021
- Ranking the Live-Action Members of Superman's Supporting Cast - tor.com - March 9th, 2021
- 3 Asian Actors Making Their Hollywood Debut This Year, Thanks To Marvel - Tatler Malaysia - March 9th, 2021
- 20 Best Movies About Viruses and Pandemics - Parade - February 16th, 2021
- Edgar Wright: All Of His Movies, Ranked According To Box Office Gross - Screen Rant - February 16th, 2021
- Horror Fans Reveal The Movie Scenes That Made Them Physically Ill - We Got This Covered - February 16th, 2021
- This week on "Sunday Morning" (February 7) - CBS News - February 9th, 2021
- WandaVision Episode 6 release date and spoiler; Everything we know so far - Republic TV - February 9th, 2021
- The Weird Old West: Horror And Fantasy-Themed Westerns - Looper - February 5th, 2021
- Our 9 favorite war films from the 60s - We Are The Mighty - February 2nd, 2021
- Cinema: top 10 horror and horror in 2021 - Inspired Traveler - February 2nd, 2021
- The Best Disney and Nickelodeon Pop Stars, Ranked - Vulture - January 25th, 2021
- Ten of the Best Recent Horror and Sci-Fi Movies to Stream Right Now - tor.com - January 22nd, 2021
- The Top 10 Horror Movies We're Waiting To See In 2021 - Flickering Myth - January 22nd, 2021
- Cambridge rated the best place to survive a 'zombie apocalypse' - Cambridgeshire Live - January 22nd, 2021
- 10 Post-Apocalyptic Movies That Every Sci-Fi Fan Should Watch in 2021 - OtakuKart - January 15th, 2021
- 'The White Tiger', 'Malcolm & Marie', 'Don't Look Up', 'Red Notice': New Hollywood movies to be streamed on Netflix - DNA India - January 15th, 2021
- Best new movies coming out in 2021: On streaming and (hopefully) in theaters - syracuse.com - January 9th, 2021
- Xbox Live Games with Gold titles for January 2021 revealed - Shacknews - January 9th, 2021
- 2021: Very insightful industry predictions - Property Industry Eye - January 3rd, 2021
- The top 10 films of 2020 - CBC.ca - December 28th, 2020
- The 10 Best Horror Games of 2020 | Game Rant - GameRant - December 28th, 2020
- 10 Games that Helped Me Stay In Touch With My Friends During 2020s Lockdown - IGN India - December 28th, 2020
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'BIT.TRIP' Series, 'Door Kickers', 'DungeonTop', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - December 28th, 2020
- Peninsula, The Call & more: Here are the top 10 Korean films of 2020 that you should watch - PINKVILLA - December 19th, 2020
- What vets can learn from It's a Wonderful Life - We Are The Mighty - December 19th, 2020
- The Best TV Shows of 2020 - Pajiba Entertainment News - December 19th, 2020
- The 10 best games of 2020: In a pandemic, play was critical - Los Angeles Times - December 12th, 2020
- Emerge from the slog of 2020 and into the promise of tomorrow with these films - Kansas City Pitch - December 11th, 2020
- Research: Millions of smart devices vulnerable to hacking - The Associated Press - December 8th, 2020
- Op-ed: Will audiences return to the movies? They already have, IMAX CEO says - CNBC - November 20th, 2020
- 10 Great Recent Horror Movies from 2020 You Might Have Missed - Bloody Disgusting - November 20th, 2020
- Want to see something really scary? - Dothan Eagle - November 16th, 2020
- Ranking the Friday the 13th Movies | 411MANIA - 411mania.com - November 16th, 2020
- PlayStation 2: 10 Cancelled Games We Wanted To See | Game Rant - GameRant - November 16th, 2020
- Why are there no James Bond games? - GamesIndustry.biz - November 12th, 2020
- 'The Walking Dead: World Beyond' Showrunner Matt Negrete on Expanding the 'Walking Dead' Universe - Collider.com - November 9th, 2020
- Kevin Love invests in first mental health gym initiative - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Chiefs trade RB DeAndre Washington to Dolphins - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- The 'QBs with the most NFL starts' quiz - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Bengals unlikely to trade receiver John Ross before deadline - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Rockets expected to rebuff trade interest in James Harden - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Seven players the Mets should target in free agency - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Orioles GM: ownership is not selling the team - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- 10 underrated horror movies to watch on Halloween - The Indian Express - November 1st, 2020
- Brendan Gallagher Means Everything to the Canadiens - Yardbarker - November 1st, 2020
- Seattle Kraken will wait to name head coach - Yardbarker - November 1st, 2020
- Report: Elton Brand, Sixers agree to multiyear extension - Yardbarker - November 1st, 2020
- Report: Seahawks were interested in trading for Aldon Smith - Yardbarker - November 1st, 2020
- Sam Hinkie has no intention of ever returning to NBA - Yardbarker - November 1st, 2020
- 'Babyteeth', 'True History of the Kelly Gang' and 'The Invisible Man' Lead the 2020 AATCA Nominations - Concrete Playground - November 1st, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero