Host: Jane Pauley
WATCH THE FULL FEBRUARY 7 EPISODE!
COVER STORY: What do the stars predict for Super Bowl LV? | Watch VideoAstrology has had adherents going back to ancient Mesopotamia. So, what do the stars foretell for tonight's NFL championship game? Correspondent Rita Braver checks in with some of today's leading astrologers, and finds out why the pandemic has brought them more business than ever before a development they could not see coming.
For more info:
CORONAVIRUS: Mass vaccinations: How stadiums host a COVID defensive play | Watch VideoAlthough vaccines against the coronavirus have been developed in record time, the lack of a playbook on how to administer them quickly prompted a union between health workers and professional sports teams, to offer shots at stadiums and ball parks across the country. NPR's Allison Aubrey looks at how organizations like the New England Patriots are taking the field against COVID.
For more info:
FOOD: Eddie Jackson, from NFL cornerback to Food Network MVP | Watch VideoAfter his football playing days ended, Eddie Jackson took a chance with his own catering business, and soon rose to the pros as a star on the Food Network. Correspondent Luke Burbank reports.
For more info:
HARTMAN: Making the most of being on hold (Video)As people calling customer service have no doubt found out, the pandemic has increased wait times. And while your call IS very important to them, correspondent Steve Hartman finds that being put on hold is actually inspiring the creativity of people who are waiting, and waiting
MOVIES: "Minari" star Steve Yeun on portraying the American Dream | Watch VideoKorean American actor Steve Yeun, who played a zombie-slayer for six seasons on the mega-hit "The Walking Dead," now stars in the acclaimed film "Minari," as an immigrant dad who searches for his American Dream on a farm in Arkansas. Correspondent Tracy Smith talks with Yeun about his own immigrant experience, and how his latest movie role brought him to tears.
For more info:
PASSAGE: Remembering Christopher Plummer | Watch VideoJane Pauley looks back on the career of the Oscar- and Tony-winning actor Christopher Plummer, who died this week at age 91 a talent of remarkable longevity, whose most enduring fame came from the 1965 musical "The Sound of Music."
SUPER BOWL LV: The roar of the crowd | Watch VideoIn the COVID era a nearly-empty NFL stadium can be made to sound like a packed arena, through the playback of recordings of fans made way back in pre-pandemic times. Vince Caputo, VP/senior sound supervisor of NFL Films, explains to correspondent David Pogue how a sound machine operated during Sunday's Super Bowl can create everything from a dull roar to the cheers of a crowd going bonkers.
For more info:
CONVERSATION: Josh Seftel and his mother talk Tom Brady (Video)Contributor Josh Seftel joins his mother, Pat, in an online conversation about football's Big Game, and one of the sport's star attractions.
For more info:
MOVIES: Robin Wright on directing "Land," a film about human kindness | Watch VideoAfter six years of shooting "House of Cards," actress Robin Wright undertook her first feature film as a director about as far from a soundstage as one could get in the remote Rocky Mountains, playing a woman who runs from a personal tragedy, only to face solitude and danger in an isolated cabin. Wright talks with correspondent Lee Cowan about "Land"; her portrayals of strong, independent women; and her work to aid women brutalized by sexual violence.
To watch a trailer for "Land" click on the video player below:
For more info:
COMMENTARY: Jim Gaffigan on Super Bowl LV: The GOAT vs. the Kid | Watch VideoThe comedian weighs in on Sunday's epic battle between NFL quarterbacks Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes. Whom will he root for?
For more info:
NATURE: In search of a humongous fungus | Watch VideoDeep inside Malheur National Forest in Oregon is the world's largest living organism: a fungus, armillaria ostoyae, that spans thousands of acres, grows underground, and kills trees. But it also brings life and mushrooms to the forest floor. Correspondent Conor Knighton reports.
BOOK EXCERPT: "Entangled Life," on how fungi shape our future
For more info:
SUPER BOWL LV: Big game preview (Video)The experts of CBS Sports James Brown, Nate Burleson, Bill Cowher, Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms bring you their predictions about tonight's championship game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Be sure to watch Super Bowl LV Sunday, Feb. 7 on CBS!
For more info:
NATURE: Florida's Ten Thousand Islands (Extended Video)"Sunday Morning" takes us to Florida's Ten Thousand Islands. Videographer: Charles Schultz.
FOOD: Check out these Super Bowl menu ideasFrom burgers, hot dogs, tacos, BBQ and wings, to salsas and cocktails, here are some tempting recipes from top chefs, cookbook authors and restaurateurs to go with watching the Big Game!
The Emmy Award-winning "CBS Sunday Morning" is broadcast on CBS Sundays beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET. Executive producer is Rand Morrison.
DVR Alert! Find out when "Sunday Morning" airs in your city
"Sunday Morning" also streams on CBSN beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET and again at 11:30 a.m. ET.
Full episodes of "Sunday Morning" are now available to watch on demand on CBSNews.com, CBS.com and CBS All Access, including via Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon FireTV/FireTV stick and Xbox.
Follow us onTwitter(@CBSSunday),Facebook,Instagram(#CBSSundayMorning) and atcbssundaymorning.com.
You can also download the free"Sunday Morning" audio podcastatiTunesand atPlay.it. Now you'll never miss the trumpet!
Go here to see the original:
This week on "Sunday Morning" (February 7) - CBS News
- 2022s big TV and movie anniversaries - Polygon - January 9th, 2022
- The George Romero-Helmed Stephen King Adaptation We'll Never Get To See - /Film - December 14th, 2021
- The 15 Best Sci-Fi Movies Of 2021 Ranked - /Film - December 14th, 2021
- Google Has Revealed All the Movies and TV Shows We've Been Searching for in 2021 - Concrete Playground - December 14th, 2021
- How Shaun of the Dead Got a Boost From Hollywood and Comic-Con Geeks - Gizmodo - November 29th, 2021
- A Kickass Zombie Movie Is Back From The Dead To Terrorize Netflix - We Got This Covered - November 13th, 2021
- Fans Go Wild As Shang-Chi Arrives On Disney Plus - We Got This Covered - November 13th, 2021
- Day of the Dead interview with star Christopher Russell - 1428 Elm - October 20th, 2021
- Best Zombie Movies Streaming on Hulu, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime - IndieWire - September 5th, 2021
- James Gunn and Craig Mazin made The Boys six years before the comic - The Digital Fix - August 10th, 2021
- Michigan Congressmen and Women Can Work Together, Some Times - wbckfm.com - wbckfm.com - July 11th, 2021
- Netflix's 'Resident Evil' Anime Shows Off Exactly Why People Love the Franchise - Thrillist - July 11th, 2021
- The best TV series to watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now, BritBox and more this July 2021 - iNews - July 11th, 2021
- No Hands Clapping - by Jonah Goldberg - The Remnant - The Dispatch - July 11th, 2021
- 50 Best Zombie Movies of the 21st Century - Cultured Vultures - July 1st, 2021
- Fewer in NJ getting COVID, and most are unvaccinated, Murphy says - New Jersey 101.5 FM - July 1st, 2021
- In Between The Poop And The Pope 105.7 The Point - 105.7 The Point - July 1st, 2021
- How many Halloween movies are there ? The complete Michael Myers timeline to watch before Halloween Kills arrived - Sportskeeda - July 1st, 2021
- Lucifer And Army Of The Dead Top Nielsens As Cruella Debuts On Disney+ - Forbes - July 1st, 2021
- What to watch on Netflix Top 10: Most popular shows May 28 - Tom's Guide - June 1st, 2021
- Box Office is Back Thanks to A Quiet Place Part II and World War Z - Film School Rejects - June 1st, 2021
- Army of the Dead Is One of Netflix's Biggest Hits with 72 Million Account Views and Counting - MovieWeb - June 1st, 2021
- New from Netflix in June: series, films and documentaries Explica .co - Explica - June 1st, 2021
- 10 greatest movie trilogies of all time - The Independent - May 21st, 2021
- Army Of The Dead (2021) - Rotten Tomatoes - May 21st, 2021
- The 10 Best Alien Invasion Movies - Cinelinx - May 8th, 2021
- 40 Years Ago: 'Friday the 13th Part 2' Makes Jason a Killer - Ultimate Classic Rock - May 8th, 2021
- Underappreciated Gems The Top 10 Most Underrated Movies of the Past 5 Years - Hollywood Insider - April 23rd, 2021
- If Browns Take a Wide Receiver in Round 1... - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Former Bengals Great Gives His Thoughts on Penei Sewell and Ja'Marr Chase Debate - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Ozzie Albies and Dansby Swanson are showing us why early-season stats can be meaningless - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Cubs place OF Joc Pederson on 10-day injured list - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- 3 Browns Players Who Could Be Impacted By Draft Picks - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Eagles could move up in first round of NFL Draft? - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Steve Kerr weighs in on Kelly Oubre Jr. coming off the bench - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Chargers Top 15 Players They Could Take at 13 - Yardbarker - April 23rd, 2021
- Q2 Montana this Morning top stories with Victoria Hill 4-5-21 - Yahoo News - April 5th, 2021
- Every Alice Cooper album, ranked from worst to best - Louder - March 9th, 2021
- Ranking the Live-Action Members of Superman's Supporting Cast - tor.com - March 9th, 2021
- 3 Asian Actors Making Their Hollywood Debut This Year, Thanks To Marvel - Tatler Malaysia - March 9th, 2021
- 20 Best Movies About Viruses and Pandemics - Parade - February 16th, 2021
- Edgar Wright: All Of His Movies, Ranked According To Box Office Gross - Screen Rant - February 16th, 2021
- Horror Fans Reveal The Movie Scenes That Made Them Physically Ill - We Got This Covered - February 16th, 2021
- WandaVision Episode 6 release date and spoiler; Everything we know so far - Republic TV - February 9th, 2021
- The Weird Old West: Horror And Fantasy-Themed Westerns - Looper - February 5th, 2021
- Our 9 favorite war films from the 60s - We Are The Mighty - February 2nd, 2021
- Cinema: top 10 horror and horror in 2021 - Inspired Traveler - February 2nd, 2021
- The Best Disney and Nickelodeon Pop Stars, Ranked - Vulture - January 25th, 2021
- Ten of the Best Recent Horror and Sci-Fi Movies to Stream Right Now - tor.com - January 22nd, 2021
- The Top 10 Horror Movies We're Waiting To See In 2021 - Flickering Myth - January 22nd, 2021
- Cambridge rated the best place to survive a 'zombie apocalypse' - Cambridgeshire Live - January 22nd, 2021
- 10 Post-Apocalyptic Movies That Every Sci-Fi Fan Should Watch in 2021 - OtakuKart - January 15th, 2021
- 'The White Tiger', 'Malcolm & Marie', 'Don't Look Up', 'Red Notice': New Hollywood movies to be streamed on Netflix - DNA India - January 15th, 2021
- Best new movies coming out in 2021: On streaming and (hopefully) in theaters - syracuse.com - January 9th, 2021
- Xbox Live Games with Gold titles for January 2021 revealed - Shacknews - January 9th, 2021
- 2021: Very insightful industry predictions - Property Industry Eye - January 3rd, 2021
- Best Horror Movies of 2020 - Sprout Wired - December 31st, 2020
- The top 10 films of 2020 - CBC.ca - December 28th, 2020
- The 10 Best Horror Games of 2020 | Game Rant - GameRant - December 28th, 2020
- 10 Games that Helped Me Stay In Touch With My Friends During 2020s Lockdown - IGN India - December 28th, 2020
- SwitchArcade Round-Up: 'BIT.TRIP' Series, 'Door Kickers', 'DungeonTop', and Today's Other New Releases and Sales - Touch Arcade - December 28th, 2020
- Peninsula, The Call & more: Here are the top 10 Korean films of 2020 that you should watch - PINKVILLA - December 19th, 2020
- What vets can learn from It's a Wonderful Life - We Are The Mighty - December 19th, 2020
- The Best TV Shows of 2020 - Pajiba Entertainment News - December 19th, 2020
- The 10 best games of 2020: In a pandemic, play was critical - Los Angeles Times - December 12th, 2020
- Emerge from the slog of 2020 and into the promise of tomorrow with these films - Kansas City Pitch - December 11th, 2020
- Research: Millions of smart devices vulnerable to hacking - The Associated Press - December 8th, 2020
- Op-ed: Will audiences return to the movies? They already have, IMAX CEO says - CNBC - November 20th, 2020
- 10 Great Recent Horror Movies from 2020 You Might Have Missed - Bloody Disgusting - November 20th, 2020
- Want to see something really scary? - Dothan Eagle - November 16th, 2020
- Ranking the Friday the 13th Movies | 411MANIA - 411mania.com - November 16th, 2020
- PlayStation 2: 10 Cancelled Games We Wanted To See | Game Rant - GameRant - November 16th, 2020
- Why are there no James Bond games? - GamesIndustry.biz - November 12th, 2020
- 'The Walking Dead: World Beyond' Showrunner Matt Negrete on Expanding the 'Walking Dead' Universe - Collider.com - November 9th, 2020
- Kevin Love invests in first mental health gym initiative - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Chiefs trade RB DeAndre Washington to Dolphins - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- The 'QBs with the most NFL starts' quiz - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Bengals unlikely to trade receiver John Ross before deadline - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Rockets expected to rebuff trade interest in James Harden - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
- Seven players the Mets should target in free agency - Yardbarker - November 6th, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero