Zombie movies! Ravenous monsters, dragging their legs, andgiving us all something to dress as on Halloween for almost 100 years now. Soundslike a few people you know, right? The very first zombie movie was released in1932 and it was called White Zombie.In the story, a young woman undergoes the transformation from human to walkingdead via an evil voodoo doctor. This may challenge the stigma of what a zombieis, but in fact, so does history.
According to folklore (especially Caribbean) a zombie isjust a corpse revived by witchcraft. Popular culture has twisted this meaninginto an infected flesh-eating reanimated corpse. It wasnt until about the1970s that witchcraft was taken out of the picture. Today, the actualdefinition of a zombie is quite vague and varies. But we do knowthey are theperfect subject for a blockbuster flick. So, lets take a look at the mostamazing zombie movies that every undead fan should watch!
World War Z mightjust be the most revolutionary zombie film of the decade. So great, that avideo game was just released in April of 2019 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC in itshonor. But back to the 2013 movie. Who knew Brad Pitt could shine in a such afilm?
The movie surrounds the search for not necessarily the cure, but the cause of the zombie apocalypse. Though the zombies intently work together! Its not about surviving, but ratherscience. Unlike most films of its kind, World War Z makes everything make sense, in particular Brad Pitts devotion to his family. However, if youre just looking for a bloody zombie shoot-em-up movie, then look elsewhere.
What happens when a monkey starts the zombie apocalypse?Sounds like a slapstick comedy horror, but it is far from it. A mismatchedgroups retold journey to a gated community in hopes that they will be takenin, 28 Days Later has become quitethe classic.
Though many consider the ending disappointing, the original ending was deemed too depressing to stick with. One of them follows The Walking Dead theory of main character is in a coma and its all a dream. But the other involves a sacrifice to great to bear.
How can one movie about the dead be such a feel-good flick? This movie defies everything weve ever thought weve known about zombies. What if zombies werent evil? What if they were just trying to get through life like everyone else? What if the dead fell in love with the living? What if we didnt know who was dead and who was alive? What if there were twists that we could have never predicted? If you never watch another out-of-the-box zombie movie, watch Warm Bodies first.
Though Quarantine is a nice suspenseful flick, [REC] is the original and it is quite a bit better (and much more intense) than Quarantine. Plus, there are currently 3 movies in the [REC] film series. The whole movie is seen from the cameras point of view, which is totally crazy and adds to the thrill factor as it is almost like watching it in first person. If you just cant watch foreign films, enjoy Quarantine. But if you are into Spanish films, watch the first [REC], you wont regret it.
Can anyone argue with the fact that Train to Busan is absolutely perfect? What happens when theres a zombie outbreak on a train? Eek! And what if the entire army that is meant to save you has already turned? This Korean film makes you want to watch more Korean films in hopes of finding another gem like it. Train to Busan does more than strengthen the bond between father and daughter, it strengthens our bond to them as well. Yeah, we dont want them to get eaten.
Is any zombie movie list complete without Night of the Living Dead? White Zombie may be the original zombie film, but every film made after 1970 drew inspiration from Night of the Living Dead. Everything we know about zombies was learned from this movie. George A. Romero is a genius, and this is the first time he proved it.
The Evil Dead hasbrought on the most discrepancy as to what a zombie film is. Is it a zombiefilm or demon possession film? According to lore, it is both. The Necronomiconis obviously dark magic, which is exactly what any folklore says zombies are. Eitherway, the 1981 film was way ahead of its time.
Food for Thought: what if all zombies are just corpses possessed by demons? Ever think about that?
Although it may not be the best film of the 2017, something about Cargo is just so gritty and human. This Australian film is about a fathers love for his daughter. It isnt about how to not get bit, but the importance of the time you have left. Martin Freeman (The Hobbit) is absolutely stunning as well! Its pretty cool to see an eerily intense zombie film rather than a loud, gory, mess of fun.
Again, is this a zombie film? Or are these monsters something else entirely? The movie considers them hemocytes or Darkseekers. Which are originally cancer survivors, who like Deadpool, cant die now. The species is very intelligent and engaging. Although there is a discrepancy as to whether they are zombies or vampires, I Am Legend is too perfect not to mention. I mean we owe that to Dog, right?
Now this is quite the zombie film! Who knew that childrenwere so much more frightening than adults? Just when you think youve figuredthe plot out, the old bait-and-switch swoops you up and takes you somewhereelse. The movie is disturbing the entire way through, even heartwarming at times,making it the most quintessential new generation zombie flick!
Read the original here:
Top 10 Zombie Movies of All Time - FlipSpins
- Breaking News - Free Video Entertainment Network, Crackle Announces Four Originals and Exclusives Movies, Documentary and Series as Part of Its New... - May 26th, 2020
- The 25 best movie credit sequences to get you in the mood for the movies - GamesRadar+ - May 20th, 2020
- North Texas Film Festival Will Be Hosting Drive-In Movies Due to Coronavirus - 1063thebuzz.com - May 20th, 2020
- Everything New on Netflix in June - ScreenCrush - May 20th, 2020
- 15 Best Horror Movies On Netflix, According To IMDb | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - May 17th, 2020
- Disney Channel: 10 Best Movie Musicals, Ranked According To IMDb - Screen Rant - May 15th, 2020
- Western computer game from the 90s - Butterfield Advocate - May 15th, 2020
- Filmfare Recommends: Best Bollywood Horror Movies of the Last Two Decades - Filmfare - May 10th, 2020
- All The Friday The 13th Movies, Officially Ranked | TheThings - TheThings - May 8th, 2020
- Starting May 7, Nunavummiut who leave voluntarily must pay for their isolation stays - Nunatsiaq News - May 5th, 2020
- 10 of the Coolest Vehicles from Pandemic Themed Movies - Wheels.ca - May 3rd, 2020
- The 21 Best Zombie Movies of All Time - Collider.com - May 3rd, 2020
- Why Julia's Eyes Is Better Than Bird Box (& Is Overlooked) - Screen Rant - April 24th, 2020
- Ten Producers and Showrunners to watch out for in 2020 for lovers of television and movies. - Life Pulse Health - April 22nd, 2020
- Lockdown Reviews: These Films Are Fun To Watch!.. - Greatandhra.com - April 22nd, 2020
- Top 10 Zombie Movies - YouTube - April 9th, 2020
- Where to stream Parasite and other Bong Joon-ho movies - Looper - April 9th, 2020
- The coolest drive-in theaters in America - Looper - April 9th, 2020
- The Top 10 Virus Outbreak and Pandemic Films Ranked by Box Office - FilmBook - April 8th, 2020
- What is Quibi? Shows, movies, price, and everything else you need to know - GamesRadar+ - April 8th, 2020
- Actors who have no movies lined up for 2020 - Looper - April 8th, 2020
- My name is Murphy. Phil Murphy. The governor watched four James Bond movies, and Daniel Craig is not in any o - NJ.com - April 3rd, 2020
- Everything Streaming in April on Shudder - But Why Tho? A Geek Community - April 1st, 2020
- The best zombie games of all time - Digital Trends - April 1st, 2020
- SHUT IN THEATER: Escapist sci-fi movies for scary times - Comics Beat - March 31st, 2020
- Best PlayStation VR games 2020: the best PSVR games around - TechRadar UK - March 30th, 2020
- 7 best and 7 worst pandemic movies - Looper - March 30th, 2020
- Top 10 Best Rated Movies On Prime Video You Need To Watch - - Trending News Buzz - March 24th, 2020
- Movies about epidemics. What to look for in quarantine - The Saxon - March 24th, 2020
- From Sci-Fi To Western: The Best Anime In Every Major Genre - CBR - March 24th, 2020
- Rotten Tomatoes' 15 Highest Rated Zombie Movies Ever - March 21st, 2020
- 16 Best Zombie Movies of All Time - March 21st, 2020
- Best Pandemic and Virus Outbreak Movies to Stream While Youre in Quarantine - Den of Geek UK - March 21st, 2020
- Mediaites Picks For What TV and Movies to Binge on During Coronavirus Lockdown - Mediaite - March 21st, 2020
- Top 10: Pandemic Films to Get Us Through the Pandemic - AwardsCircuit.com - March 21st, 2020
- The Dog Scene From I Am Legend Is The Saddest Movie Scene Ive Ever Watched - BroBible - March 21st, 2020
- The highest-grossing horror movie remakes of all time - Looper - March 19th, 2020
- Best Shows to Watch on Hulu, Amazon, Disney+, CBS and More - Closer Weekly - March 19th, 2020
- Outbreak Is Netflixs 9th Most-Popular Overall Title in the U.S. Right Now - TheWrap - March 17th, 2020
- The best '90s movies you can watch on Netflix right now - Looper - March 17th, 2020
- Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema from Oscar-winning strategies to 007's debt to Hitchcock - The Guardian - March 15th, 2020
- Coronavirus in Hollywood: How the Outbreak Has Impacted Movies and TV - Complex - March 13th, 2020
- 'Dawn of the Dead' Movie Facts - Mental Floss - March 8th, 2020
- Why Is Pandemic Fiction So Comforting Right Now? - Vulture - March 7th, 2020
- Emma: 5 Best (& 5 Worst) Jane Austen Adaptations, According to IMDB - Screen Rant - February 20th, 2020
- The 40 Best Horror Movies on Shudder - Vulture - February 14th, 2020
- Parasite proves South Korea has been at the forefront of cinema for years - British GQ - February 11th, 2020
- The E arts and entertainment calendar for Feb. 6-13 - Lebanon Express - February 6th, 2020
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 6: What to Expect - Checkersaga - February 4th, 2020
- The Best Movies of 2009 - Fort Worth Weekly - January 26th, 2020
- The 10 Best Musical Movie Moments of 2019 - /FILM - January 26th, 2020
- 10 best black and white horror movies, ranked - NewsDio - January 18th, 2020
- Why Anthony Davis roots for the Packers instead of the Bears - NBCSports.com - January 18th, 2020
- Death In A Valley Town, Part 3 A Fighter And A Thief - MuslimMatters - January 15th, 2020
- The Top Ten TV Moments of 2019 - TVOvermind - January 13th, 2020
- BBC and Netflix's 'Dracula' Is Bloody Marvelous - Nerds and Beyond - January 10th, 2020
- Watch the Trailer for 'Devs,' From 'Annihilation's Alex Garland - ScreenCrush - January 10th, 2020
- Whats Coming to Netflix DVD in January 2020 - What's on Netflix - January 7th, 2020
- CJ Prince's Top 10 Films of 2019 - The Film Stage - January 2nd, 2020
- Adams Top 25 Films of 2019 - Film Pulse - January 2nd, 2020
- My Top Ten Worst Movies of 2019 - The Good Men Project - December 31st, 2019
- The Best Movies Of 2019 - Gothamist - December 29th, 2019
- Top 10 Best Action Movies of 2019 - Fandomwire - December 29th, 2019
- The Walking Deads 10 Best Episodes of the Decade - Comicbook.com - December 29th, 2019
- Here are John Beifuss' 10 best movies of 2019 (plus a second 10) - Commercial Appeal - December 27th, 2019
- Matt Donato Breaks Down the Best Horror-Comedies of the 2010s - Bloody Disgusting - December 26th, 2019
- Our 100 Favourite Movies of the Decade: 2017 - ThatShelf.com - December 25th, 2019
- 10 Most BF-Worthy Netflix Characters Of The Decade | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - December 21st, 2019
- The 100 best movies of the decade - GamesRadar+ - December 18th, 2019
- THE MISKATONIC INSTITUTE OF HORROR STUDIES Announces 2020 Schedule - Dread Central - December 13th, 2019
- The 30 Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now - Vulture - December 13th, 2019
- FanSided 250: Where did The Walking Dead end up on the list? - Undead Walking - December 12th, 2019
- 2000 AD's 'Defoe the Divisor' Writer Pat Mills and Artist Stewart Moore: The Horror News Network Interview - Horror News Network - December 10th, 2019
- The Best Movies of 2019, from The Lighthouse to Ready Or Not - Collider.com - December 10th, 2019
- Movies you won't believe are already a decade old - Looper - December 10th, 2019
- Every Episode of MST3KRANKED! (#50 #1) - The Workprint - November 29th, 2019
- Festive Multiplayer PS4 Games: The Best Multiplayer PS4 Games To Get You Through Thanksgiving - PlayStation Universe - November 28th, 2019
- 13 Movie Moments from 2019 I'm Most Thankful for This Thanksgiving - MovieWeb - November 28th, 2019
- Justice League: Every Celebrity Who Tweeted Support Of The Snyder Cut - Screen Rant - November 23rd, 2019
- 'The Walking Dead' To End In Season 12? - FanFest News - November 23rd, 2019
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero