Vampires fighting in the Hunger Games would certainly be thrilling to see and some of the ones from film history have a good chance at winning.
Vampires have a long and intricate history in movies. They, perhaps more so than any other film monster, have suffered deep and meaningful changes to their images, going from grotesque and terrifying deformities to alluring and seductive creatures of the night.
RELATED: 5 Scariest (& 5 Most Ridiculous) Movie Vampires
Strong, enduring, and seemingly immortal, vampires are considered to be some of the most dangerous and cunning of all the supernatural beings. A battle between ten of these mythical creatures would certainly bring out the worst in them, a fight to the death where only one would rule supreme. The Hunger Games might be the ideal location for them to clash. Their cruelty would certainly provide the citizens of the Capitol with all the excitement to satiate their primal, bloody urges.
Edward is definitely a strong and capable vampire. He's shown to be very fast and adept in battle, managing to fight several attackers at once. His ability to read other people's minds gives him an edge, and his invulnerability to sunlight makes him a rather unexpected threat.
For all his advantages, however, Edward is still held back by his admitted distaste for violence, demonstrated by his so-called vegetarianism. Edward lacks the necessary savagery that most other vampires have, which means he'd enter the arena with one hand tied behind his back. He might be a big deal in Forks, but against more experienced vampires, he wouldn't stand a chance.
Coming from a comedic movie, Barnabas has a wackier, more flamboyant personality than any other tribute in the Games. He possesses all the characteristic traits of a vampire, plus the ability to hypnotize others using his gaze. Because he spent a great part of his immortal life locked in a coffin, he lacks any real training or experience in battle.
Barnabas would do an average job in the Games. He'd make an effort, but ultimately, his lack of familiarity with the environment and dismal battling abilities would bring an end to him. He'd probably die as a consequence of one of the arena's many traps, and not necessarily killed by another tribute.
The leader of a gang of young bikers, David is mysterious, alluring, dangerous, and ultimately addictive. Sleeping all day and partying all night, David's lifestyle conveys both the ups and downs of carefree, libertine wandering. He's a trickster who enjoys teasing humans as much as he does devouring them.
RELATED: The 5 Best (& 5 Worst) Vampire Hunters In Horror Movie History
Dynamic and youthful, David can't help but seem more bark than bite, especially compared to some of the other tributes in the arena. His good looks and enticing personality would certainly endear him to sponsors, and all the girls in the Capitol would go crazy for him. In the end, though, he's still just an underling, something that'd become clear once he came face-to-face with one of the more senor vamps.
A local vampire King in sunny Los Angeles, Lothos is arguably all talk and no action. He's a powerful enough vampire who has killed dozens of Slayers by the time he encounters Buffy. However, and despite having the ability to fly, he's no match for the teenager.
His role in the Games would be similarly unimpressive. He'd immediately make alliances and would even try to win the audience's sympathies. The other tributes would probably turn their attention to him once there were no lesser threats left. He'd put up a good fight, but in the end, he'd perish, although no hairspray would be involved.
An expert at hiding her true form, Santanico Pandemonium is a 102-year-old vampire Queen. Hiding under the guise of a sensual and alluring woman, she executes her cruelty with a merciless and completely inconsiderate approach. In the Games arena, she'd be in her element, using all the tricks in her bag to claim the ultimate victory.
Throughout most of her participation, she'd keep her true form hidden. Using her charms, she'd ally herself with some of the more powerful vampires, choosing to keep her abilities a secret until the right moment. Finally revealing her true form, she'd initiate an all-out attack in which more than one tribute would perish. Unfortunately, she'd be one of them.
"The Bird of Death" is a terrifying creature who lives in a vast Transylvanian castle. A vampire to the tee, Orlok is pale, menacing, thin, and dangerous. He stalks his prey and enjoys taking his time when it comes to facing them. With his long fingers and claw-like fingernails, hooked nose, and pointy ears, Orlok has become synonym with the word "fear."
RELATED: 5 Reasons Kurt Barlow Is The Scariest Vampire (& 5 It's Count Orlok)
Despite his iconic status, Orlok is almost decrepit. He's too slow and too vulnerable to ever make a good showing in the Games. He's pure evil, and while he has a good degree of supernatural powers, he's still held back by his frail and sickly body, which would probably betray him nearing the final stage of the competition.
Charming, handsome, and practically mesmerizing, Lestat de Lioncourt would become the favorite to win the Games as soon as he stepped into the arena. His boldness, enthusiasm, and defiance would make audiences go crazy for him. Sponsors too would be enchanted, and would undoubtedly shower him with all kinds of treats.
"The Brat Prince" would make a good showing throughout the Games, enjoying all the attention and acclaim he inspired. His overconfidence would eventually get the best of him, though, and he'd be brought down by one of the very tributes he underestimated before. It's never wise to underestimate him, though, and while he might not be dead by the time the dust settled, he certainly wouldn't win the Games either.
Experienced, battle-hardened, and tough, Selene is a warrior to be reckoned with. She's headstrong, reckless, determined, stoic, and unstoppable. Fiercely independent, she'd trust no one in the arena, which means she'd try to take on the Games completely alone.
Thanks to her almost militaristic training, she's disciplined and controlled, to the point of seeming unemotional. Her facade would be perfect, as the other tributes would never know what to expect of her. An expert in weaponry, she'd make it all the way to the final leg of the Games. In the end, though, and despite her myriad of superhuman abilities, her lack of supernatural ones would bring her undoing.
With style and charisma to spare, the iconic vampire hunter would excel against the vampire tributes in the arena. After all, he has powerful weapons designed exclusively to hunt and kill vampires, and his entire training would give him a considerable edge over the others.
Highly skilled in martial arts, Blade's entire career would lead him to this very moment. He'd absolutely destroy all his competition, either by himself or by reluctantly accepting help from some of the other tributes. In the end, though, he'd find a vampire who's too tough, even for him, and meet his maker at his hands.
Dracula is not only the most iconic of all vampiresbut also the most powerful. With abilities that go beyond simple athleticism and enhanced strength or durability, Dracula possesses control over the winds, vermin, thunder and lightning, and even other people's minds. He can shapeshift at will into fearsome creatures, like wolves and bats, and can even turn himself into fog and mist.
Furthermore, he lacks the fatal vulnerability to sunlight that cripples other vampires, though his abilities do weaken under the sun. With all this in mind, Dracula would go through all of his competition without even breaking a sweat, easily claiming victory in the Games and proving why he's still the role model for all vampires to come.
NEXT: 10 Great Vampire Movies That Have Nothing To Do With Bram Stoker
Next Harry Potter: 10 Hilarious Draco & Harry Memes
David is a twenty-eight-year-old Mexican writer and reader. Having studied Marketng in school, he spent three years working a nine-to-five desk job before deciding to pursue a writing career. He now works as a List Writer in ScreenRant and does some more freelancing job, talking about the entertainment business he so loves. Currently, he's also writing his second novel while actively working to get his first one published.
- The best new books to read in September as selected by avid readers and critics - ABC News - September 5th, 2021
- Netflix's 'Blood Red Sky' really didn't have to be so dang sad - Mashable - August 10th, 2021
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off announced with Willow's witch daughter becoming new slayer - PinkNews - August 10th, 2021
- Reginald The Vampire: Jacob Batalon To Lead Dramedy In Development At Syfy - Deadline - August 10th, 2021
- Vampires Anonymous (a Very Short Play in One Act) - Patheos - August 10th, 2021
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Is Getting a Sequel Starring Willows Daughter - ComicBook.com - August 10th, 2021
- Questionable Things We Ignore In The Underworld Franchise - Looper - August 10th, 2021
- Reginald the Vampire: Jacob Batalon Tapped to Lead SYFY Series - Bleeding Cool News - August 10th, 2021
- Reginald, the vampire: Jacob Batalon will be a vampire in a television series based on a childrens romance novel - Designer Women - August 10th, 2021
- Graphic Novel BLACULA Will Revive the Iconic Vampire in a New Era - Yahoo Lifestyle - August 10th, 2021
- The Weekly Pull: American Vampire 1976, Hellions, The Me You Love in the Dark, and More - ComicBook.com - August 10th, 2021
- Jakob's Wife Offers Convincing Proof That Horror Is the Ultimate Glow-Up - Gizmodo - August 10th, 2021
- '13 Fanboy': 'Friday the 13th' Fan Film Featuring Franchise Stars Including Kane Hodder Will Be Released in October - Bloody Disgusting - August 10th, 2021
- 'Jakob's Wife' MOVIE REVIEW: The Preacher's Wife Bites Back in Shudder's Solid Vampire Flick - Screen Realm - August 10th, 2021
- VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE Returns with New Track WITCH - OUTBURN ONLINE - Outburn - July 26th, 2021
- Strange Frontier: NEAR DARK And The Birth Of The American Vampire - FANGORIA - July 1st, 2021
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Confirmed For NaconConnect On July 6 - PlayStation Universe - July 1st, 2021
- AceWeb Internet Home Page - AceWeb Internet - June 1st, 2021
- The Sexiest Vampires in TV and Film - Nerdist - June 1st, 2021
- Army Of The Dead 2 Will Reportedly Have Vampires - We Got This Covered - June 1st, 2021
- How Castlevania's Series Finale Was All About The Importance Of Change - The Workprint - June 1st, 2021
- Horror God Vincent Price Never Actually Played a Vampire - Nerdist - June 1st, 2021
- Will Swenson Joins the Cast of Netflix Vampire Series FIRST KILL - Broadway World - June 1st, 2021
- Top Vampire Anime That You Should Never Miss - OtakuKart - June 1st, 2021
- The Buffy Episode That Changed Everything - Vulture - June 1st, 2021
- Comics Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot Crosses Over With Original Series - ComicBook.com - June 1st, 2021
- Want To Meet a Vampire? 'Buffy's James Marsters Will Be at FanExpo Dallas and MegaCon Orlando - Nerds and Beyond - June 1st, 2021
- Van Helsing recap: 'Graveyard Smash' gives us a miraculous case of dj vu - SYFY WIRE - June 1st, 2021
- Vampire Diaries creator is making another show about Vampires! - Dankanator - June 1st, 2021
- 'Vampire Fish' spotted twice in American River, suggesting its return to the area - Fox News - May 21st, 2021
- Tragic Hot Vampires Will Be Back On Screen in Remake of The Hunger - tor.com - May 21st, 2021
- As Fantasia unveils its first wave of programming, vampires and Estonian demonic spirits are in - Cineuropa - May 21st, 2021
- Full-Grown 'Vampire Fish' Spotted in the American River - Active NorCal - May 21st, 2021
- Bumblebee Director Travis Knight To Helm Netflixs Vampire Action Thriller Uprising - Deadline - May 21st, 2021
- THE HUNGER: Remake Of Tony Scott's Steamy 1983 Vampire Drama In The Works At Warner Bros. - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - May 21st, 2021
- Return of the vampire: Much-loved stage show returns to Melbourne - 9News - May 21st, 2021
- Will Gould talks Salem, falling in love with vampires, and what's next for Creeper Kerrang! - Kerrang! - May 8th, 2021
- Marvel Vampires in The Daily LITG - Easter Monday, 5th April 2021 - Bleeding Cool News - April 5th, 2021
- 15 Fang-tastic Vampire Romance and Romantic Fiction Books - Book Riot - April 5th, 2021
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney's new book inspired by scary times - Hindustan Times - April 5th, 2021
- A Buffy The Vampire Slayer Reboot Will Not Have Sarah Michelle Gellar On Board, She Says - Deadline - February 20th, 2021
- Vampires have more heart than Ted Cruz: Tanden atones for past tweets - POLITICO - February 10th, 2021
- A rare observation of a vampire bat adopting an unrelated pup - The Ohio State University News - February 10th, 2021
- An Orphaned Vampire Bat Pup Was Adopted By Its Mother's Best Friend - IFLScience - February 10th, 2021
- Vampire bat adopts orphan baby bat after untimely death of its mother - New Scientist News - February 10th, 2021
- BUFFERING THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Musical Episode Out Today - Broadway World - February 10th, 2021
- Vampire Diaries: 5 Characters Who Were Smarter Than They Seemed (& 5 Vice Versa) - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- WandaVision Actor On Why Her Buffy The Vampire Slayer Role Was Perfect - Exclusive - Looper - February 10th, 2021
- Glenn Danzig Covers the Old West in Blood in Death Rider in the House of Vampires Trailer (Exclusive Video) - TheWrap - February 9th, 2021
- How to Play the Vampire Role Mod in Among Us | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - February 9th, 2021
- Big ladies of Zelda that rival the Tall Vampire Lady - iMore - February 9th, 2021
- Ames Library Notes: Monsters in books and film - Ames Tribune - February 9th, 2021
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer Or Teen Wolf Quiz: Who Said It - Xander Or Stiles? - WhatCulture - February 9th, 2021
- Trailer for Filmax's Coming-of-Age Vampire Film 'All the Moons' - Bloody Disgusting - February 9th, 2021
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Lost Slayer Is Hunting Giles | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 6th, 2021
- Marvel's Blade Reboot Gets a New Title in the MCU - MovieWeb - February 6th, 2021
- Let's Celebrate Some Superb Owls 'With What We Do in the Shadows' The Mary Sue - The Mary Sue - February 6th, 2021
- 'A Discovery of Witches' Review: Vampire Fathers are Blunt and Nosy - The Workprint - February 6th, 2021
- 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer': The Truth About The Nerd Villains - TheThings - February 6th, 2021
- Exclusive! Harsh Rajput: Naagin, daayan, vampires have been part of Indian stories for ages; they are not - Times of India - January 31st, 2021
- Twilight: What Happened To Bree Tanner Before Eclipse - Screen Rant - January 31st, 2021
- The Return Of The Black And White Indie Vampire Comic - Bleeding Cool News - January 31st, 2021
- MORBIUS Star Jared Leto Confident The Living Vampire Will One Day Meet Blade; Confirms More Reshoots - Comic Book Movie - January 31st, 2021
- Gerard Marr 2021: Boys from County Hell, a vampire film in the Shawn tradition of the dead - SwordsToday.ie - January 31st, 2021
- The Vampire Diaries: You'll Never Get 100% On This Elena Gilbert Quiz - WhatCulture - January 31st, 2021
- The Originals: You'll Never Get 100% On This Elijah Mikaelson Quiz - WhatCulture - January 31st, 2021
- Jared Leto says Morbius the vampire is a bit closer to who I am - Polygon - January 30th, 2021
- The Real Reason These Actors Left The Vampire Diaries - Looper - January 30th, 2021
- 'WandaVision' star addresses 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' fan theory - NME - January 30th, 2021
- What We Do In The Shadows Star Wants To Explore Guillermos Lineage - Screen Rant - January 30th, 2021
- Jared Leto Can See a Morbius Vs. Blade MCU Crossover Happening in the Future - MovieWeb - January 30th, 2021
- What We Do in the Shadows S03: Harvey Guilln Talks Guillermo Wishlist - Bleeding Cool News - January 30th, 2021
- A Discovery of Witches Season 2 Episode 4 Review: Blood Rage - Den of Geek - January 30th, 2021
- Jared Leto says Morbius the vampire is a 'bit closer to who I am' - Report Door - January 30th, 2021
- Nina Dobrev Confesses She Misses Being 'Attacked' While Working On 'The Vampire Diaries' - TheThings - January 30th, 2021
- Im a vampire when it comes to actors of certain age playing heroes: Adnan Siddiqui - The Express Tribune - January 30th, 2021
- The Hardest Buffy The Vampire Slayer True Or False Quiz Ever New - WhatCulture - January 30th, 2021
- 'Vampire' house with 'terrifying' cellar causes a stir as it goes on sale - Daily Star - January 30th, 2021
- "Legacies" Is Putting on a "The Vampire Diaries" Musical This Season - Seventeen.com - January 27th, 2021
- When will The Vampire Diaries & The Originals Leave Netflix? - What's on Netflix - January 27th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero