Released at the end of April, Sharkmobs new free-to-play battle royale Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt is here. Players will step into the dark and dreary world of Vampires and their different sects and duke it out with this new release. So naturally, we decided to check the latest release from Sharkmob. So how was it? Find out in our review of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt.
Coming from the Vampire: The Masquerade franchise, its reasonable to expect there would be some story or lore in Bloodhunt. Set in the seedy world of the vampire with their factions, politics, and conspiracy that many players are familiar with from the original Vampire: The Masquerade, released in 2004.
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt is set in Prague, one of the original settings for the tabletop version of Vampire: The Masquerade. Immersed in a conflict between vampire sects following a vampire gathering in the city. With the second inquisition becoming involved, players will take the roles of vampires and try to survive the sect war.
Players will find much of this plot translated into gameplay through various lore unlocks and quests that will have players fetching something or traveling to a location during a match. As the player makes progress through each of these quests found in the central lobby. Explained through short conversations with lobby NPCs, more of the evenings events will become clear. But unfortunately, players will not find much more in-depth exploration into the plot of Vampire: The Masquerade or even the plot of Bloodhunt itself.
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodunt is similar to many of the different battle royale genera games out there. Players are spawned into a giant battle map, which they can explore. Finding weapons, items, and feeding on the human NPCs dotted around the map to level up your abilities, but be careful not to be caught doing it. Of course, its best to do all of this in a timely manner. Like many other battle royales, there is a safe area that grows smaller with time. Surrounded by a red mist, the players will eventually need to take shelter in the shrinking safe zone. Beware, though, as the safe area shrinks, the chance of running into an enemy grow ever greater. Defeat your enemies and be the last to survive to claim victory against your fellow vampires.
Playing Vampire: The masquerade is quite fun. In this battle royale, players can scale buildings, become invisible, and heal their allies. With the abilities of a vampire, players have a large amount of freedom to traverse the streets of Prague up to the rooftops. But, with the inhuman abilities of players in the Vampires, gameplay can become relatively fast-paced compared to other battle royales.
Finding items, weapons, and humans to feed is simple, with the ability to activate a sense skill that will highlight all the players needs. The sense skill also has another very great use along with these capabilities. When hearing gunfire, the player can activate the sense skill and see waves from which the gunfire is coming. The team at Sharkmob has added a versatile tool with the sense skill in their release Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt.
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt contains much of what players are familiar with from playing many other Battle Royales. The team at Sharkmob managed to elevate the gameplay of their game, adding a bit of originality to an already crowded genre.
Set in the city of Prague, the capital city of the Czech Rebuild, the developers set out to make a dark version of the city. Besieged by the various vampire sects, the player will see a city that looks and feels dark and gritty, full of shadowy corners the enemies might lie in wait. Sharkmob did a great job with the map design and layout, layering in NPCs for the player to interact with. Complemented with an intricate and layered city that allows the player multiple avenues to approach enemies.
The audio goes to great lengths to pair itself with the level design. Gunfire sounds proper at close range and distance, along with player movement sounds, allowing others to locate enemies by sight or sound. Unfortunately, theres no real soundtrack in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt. Some musical tidbits in specific areas around the map and the lobby, but thats it.
Unfortunately, during our review of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt, we encountered various bugs that players may also come across during their playtime. Notably, the UI in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt is slightly broken, with notification icons not vanishing after seeing the item. Additionally, two premium-themed outfits were not useable, only viewable in the outfit section. Lastly, the lobby would often glitch, causing textures to load improperly. While these bugs are inconsequential to the gameplay, they will undoubtedly create headaches for the player.
Sharkmob ultimately released a solid battle royale title with Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt, which also elevates their game in small ways. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt is worth trying for a free-to-play game. Unfortunately, if you are a fan of the Vampire: The Masquerade franchise, this game will probably leave you scratching your head, wondering why they chose to set this genre of game in this franchise.
After reading our review of the Sharkmob title Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt, you can check it out for free on PC via Steam and PlayStation 4 & 5. Additionally, if you are interested in the developer Sharkmob, you can find them on their development website.
- Exclusive 'So Vam' Clip Discusses the History of Vampires - Bloody Disgusting - June 23rd, 2022
- Johnny Depp and rock band Hollywood Vampires announce 2023 tour of Europe - Los Angeles Times - June 23rd, 2022
- What We Do in the Shadows S04 Trailer: Energy Vampires Grow Up Fast! - Bleeding Cool News - June 23rd, 2022
- Year Of The Vampire: Carl Theodor Dreyer's Vampyr Is A Waking Dream Inside A Coffin - /Film - June 23rd, 2022
- V Rising Is Already Filled with Two Million Newly Awakened Vampires - Wccftech - June 23rd, 2022
- Milky Way Prince The Vampire Star: inspirations and PS5 features - PlayStation - June 23rd, 2022
- In Redfall, Vampires Are a Metaphor for the Rich and Powerful - CNET - June 14th, 2022
- Vampires, Greedy News Anchors And Survival: 3 Series To Watch - Entrepreneur - June 14th, 2022
- 'Legacies' Boss: There Are "Many More Stories to Tell" in the 'Vampire Diaries' Universe - Decider - June 14th, 2022
- Year Of The Vampire: Underworld Is A Deceptively Simple, Stylish Classic - /Film - June 14th, 2022
- V Rising Early Access Review: Be The Lord of Vampires - The Nerd Stash - June 14th, 2022
- Every vampire appliance in your home adding $100s to your energy bill and the secret worst offen... - The US Sun - June 14th, 2022
- With Legacies Coming To An End, The Vampire Diaries Vet Kat Graham Reflects On Her Refusal To Return As Bonnie - CinemaBlend - June 14th, 2022
- When Will The Vampire Diaries Leave Netflix? - What's on Netflix - June 14th, 2022
- The one show you need to binge-watch right now has a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes - Tom's Guide - June 14th, 2022
- How vampires and the Steam Link won a cage match with Covid-19 - TechRadar - June 5th, 2022
- You need to watch the best satirical fantasy thriller on Netflix before it leaves next week - Inverse - June 5th, 2022
- Rise of the Cape Cod Vampire - Boston magazine - June 5th, 2022
- The Vampire Diaries Quiz: Can You Match The Stefan Salvatore Scene To The Season? - WhatCulture - June 5th, 2022
- Year Of The Vampire: In Thirst, Park Chan-Wook Took The Lust For Life To Its Bloodiest Limits - /Film - June 5th, 2022
- Bloodline: The Last Royal Vampire To Crossover With Attack On Titan - Bleeding Cool News - June 5th, 2022
- Stream It Or Skip It: 'Vampire in the Garden' on Netflix, A Tale of Beauty Among Despair in a Post-Human World - Decider - May 17th, 2022
- Vampire in the Garden season 1, episode 5 recap - the ending explained - Ready Steady Cut - May 17th, 2022
- Brent Venables Working to Avoid 'Energy Vampires' on the Recruiting Trail at Oklahoma - Sports Illustrated - May 17th, 2022
- This Week In Games Australia: Vampires, Witches, And Souls In Space - Kotaku Australia - May 17th, 2022
- From Gay Pirates to Neurotic Vampires, Taika Waititis Radical TV Universe Blends Silliness with Soul - IndieWire - May 17th, 2022
- Netflix's 'First Kill' Trailer: A Vampire and Slayer Fall in Love - TVLine - May 17th, 2022
- Princess Beatrice is queen of the red carpet in a dress by society favourite The Vampire's Wife - Tatler - May 17th, 2022
- The Ark, Reginald the Vampire: Syfy Teases New TV Series - TV Series Finale - May 17th, 2022
- I had vampire treatment to heal my broken vagina on reboot of TVs Embarrassing Bodies... - The US Sun - May 17th, 2022
- These Vampire Diaries and Originals Characters Need to Appear on Legacies - TV Fanatic - May 17th, 2022
- 10 Worst Buffy The Vampire Slayer Villains - WhatCulture - May 17th, 2022
- The history of the New Orleans Vampire Association - WIAT - CBS42.com - May 4th, 2022
- Legacies, loss and losers: The Lavender Tube on vampires, cute teens, and the antigay AFA - Bay Area Reporter, America's highest circulation LGBT... - May 4th, 2022
- Year Of The Vampire: Vampire Hunter D (1985) Paved The Way For Pulpy Adult Anime OVAs - /Film - May 4th, 2022
- This Week's Comics: Gamer Cats and Dirtbag Vampires - TheStranger.com - May 4th, 2022
- The Last Voyage Of The Demeter Footage Reaction: Vampires On The Open Sea [CinemaCon 2022] - /Film - May 4th, 2022
- There are seven types of office 'energy vampires' - how to handle them - Metro.co.uk - May 4th, 2022
- Vampire Diaries reunion lined up for Paul Wesley and Julie Plec on new show Confessions - Digital Spy - May 4th, 2022
- Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Heartless Lullaby review --- Bloody short - Gaming Trend - May 4th, 2022
- How Shaun White Really Feels About Girlfriend Nina Dobrev's Role On The Vampire Diaries - The List - May 4th, 2022
- New anime: every movie and series coming May 2022 - The Digital Fix - May 4th, 2022
- Vampires Awaken Next Month As V Rising Early Access Begins May 17th - MMORPG.com - April 21st, 2022
- First Interview With A Vampire TV Series Footage Teases Vampires, Maybe Interviews ... - April 8th, 2022
- 8 of the Best New YA Vampire Books To Sink Your Teeth Into - Book Riot - April 8th, 2022
- In this game, vampires arent feral beasts theyre the global elite - The Guardian - April 8th, 2022
- Vampires of Madison Avenue: Fritz Leiber's The Girl With the Hungry Eyes - tor.com - April 8th, 2022
- Beat the 'energy vampires': Tips to reduce electricity usage - The Money Pages - April 8th, 2022
- Spider Man: No Way Home Star Jacob Batalon On Smashing Tropes In Syfy Series Reginald The Vampire Mip TV - Deadline - April 8th, 2022
- Vampire in the Garden Release Date: New Netflix anime reveals The Vampires vs. Humans plot in the trailer - Web News Observer - April 8th, 2022
- A Vampire and A Witch Walk into a Theater - The Source Weekly - April 8th, 2022
- Director of Sonys Morbius thinks he could beat Marvels Doctor Strange - Polygon - April 8th, 2022
- Year Of The Vampire: All Bloodsuckers Bow Before Bela Lugosi's Dracula - /Film - April 8th, 2022
- Where Was The Vampire Diaries Filmed? - Looper - April 8th, 2022
- Goblin mode: a gothic expert explains the trend's mythical origins, and why we should all go 'vampire mode' instead - The Conversation - April 8th, 2022
- The Inspiration Behind The Vampire In A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night - /Film - April 8th, 2022
- Harry Potter Or Buffy The Vampire Slayer Quiz: Who Said It Hermione Or Willow? - WhatCulture - April 8th, 2022
- Willow To Be The New Vampire Slayer From April - Bleeding Cool News - April 8th, 2022
- Year Of The Vampire: Joe Begos' Bliss Is A Neon-Soaked Punk Rock Bloodbath All Its Own - /Film - March 27th, 2022
- How Nosferatu Rewrote The Rules Of Vampires - /Film - March 27th, 2022
- Vampire: The Masquerade Swansong shows off its sharp-toothed skill system - Gamesradar - March 27th, 2022
- Blade - the Marvel Comics history of the vampire hunting Daywalker - Gamesradar - March 27th, 2022
- Vampires and vaccines have long connection in history - Galveston County Daily News - March 27th, 2022
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer 25th Anniversary Special #1 Preview - Bleeding Cool News - March 27th, 2022
- Vampire in the Garden Anime by WIT Studio Gets New Visual, Trailer and May 16 Premiere Date - Anime Corner - March 27th, 2022
- Vampires | Unnatural World Wiki | Fandom - January 23rd, 2022
- Arceus Trailer Shares New Look at Brocks Anime Return - Verve Times - January 23rd, 2022
- A Discovery of Witches review hide the sex and blood! The polite vampires are here! - The Guardian - January 9th, 2022
- 'A Discovery of Witches' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Vampire Family Drama - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - January 9th, 2022
- Vampire Hunters Learn How to Get a Head in Unlife in This New Graphic Novel - Gizmodo - January 9th, 2022
- Singapore Shelf: Vampires on the MRT in new manga - The Straits Times - January 9th, 2022
- Night Teeth: Ending Explanation | Will There Be a Sequel? - The Shahab - January 9th, 2022
- Year Of The Vampire: Bram Stoker's Dracula Puts The 'Opera' In Gothic Horror Opera - /Film - January 9th, 2022
- It Still Stings: True Blood's Trash Ending Didn't Have to Be This Way - Paste Magazine - January 9th, 2022
- Guardian to The Tale Of Nine-Tailed Fox, Ghost Doctor: How supernatural, fantasy powered K-drama - The Indian Express - January 9th, 2022
- Morbius Gets Pushed Again As The Venomverse Vampire Moves To April - /Film - January 9th, 2022
- Dragons Den newbie Stephen Bartlett brands Peter Jones a vampire in explosive clash in season premi... - The Sun - January 9th, 2022
- The 7 Best Movies New to Netflix in January 2022 - IndieWire - January 9th, 2022
- 'Twilight': Which Iconic Scene Gave 1 Cast Member 'A Super Bruised Butt'? - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - January 9th, 2022
- Better Vampires - Google Search - December 27th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero