As life has returned to a little more normality over the last few months, one thing has continued - the justice system.
The police and the Crown Prosecution Service have worked endlessly to hold people responsible and punish them for their crimes
Some of the crimes heard in court in the last month have included murder, burglaries and child abuse.
These criminals are currently serving time for their crimes in prison, with some set to spend a long time behind bars.
These are the cases of offenders who have been jailed in May 2021.
These are the faces of ringleaders of drug gangs in Harlow. They have organised crime groups which supplied drugs to county lines gangs and have been jailed for a combined total of more than 40 years.
Christoper Golding headed up the network, which smuggled cocaine through port containers before selling it on to gangs supplying west Essex, Hertfordshire, London and Suffolk.
They have earned at least 500,000 from this operation, which was stashed in Bitcoin or laundered through a pub Golding ran as a licensee.
Officers started investigating the group after reports of drug dealing was occurring.
Two of the group members, Lee Collett and Lee Wilkinson, were arrested in May 2018.
As the investigation progressed, officers identified people higher up that eventually led to Golding.
Everything culminated in dawn raids at 18 addresses in Harlow and one in Haverhill, Suffolk, in October last year. More than 100,000 in cash, assets and weapons, as well as 120,000 worth of cocaine was seized.
Golding, 39 of Hart Road, Harlow, was among seven men who admitted conspiracy to supply a class A drug when they appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court
The other men were:Christopher Lee Collett, 37, of Perry Spring, Harlow
Robert Aldred, 30, of Pittmans Field, Harlow
Agirdas Gustaitis Agirdas Gustaitis, 31, of Meadow Court, Harlow
Stuart Thurgood, 39, of Morley Grove, Harlow
David Wilkinson, 36, of Primrose Hill, Haverhill
Lee Wilkinson, 38, of Parsonage, Leys, Harlow
Adam Dalby, 36, of Wedgwood Drive, Harlow
Golding was given 12 years in jail, while Thurgood was handed eight for being Golding right-hand man in the criminal network. Both L. Wilkinson and Dalby was sentenced to six years and eight months.
D.Wilkinson was handed a four years and eight sentence, while Aldred was jailed for two years and eight months. Collet was given the lowest sentence with two years and Gustaitas was sentenced to two years and four months.
Alan Archer and Jane Reilly were each given a 24 year prison sentence for the attempted murder of a man they tried to set fire to.
The victim, a man in his 40s, suffered life-altering injuries following the attack outside his home in Southend in October 2019.
The vicious attack resulted in losing four toes and 60 per cent of his body was burnt.
The victim had gone outside after taking a phone call with Archer, who he knew prior to the incident, before CCTV footage showed him being doused with a fluid from a petrol can and set ablaze.
Reilly, 53, of Fairmead Avenue, Westcliff and Archer from Dexter Close, Grays, were arrested and charged for the attack.
Officers arrested the pair after they became suspicious of a vehicle driving past the address numerous occasions including stopping to ask the victims partner is she was okay.
Spencer Smith, 30, from Loughton was sentenced to a concurrent jail sentence for supplying drugs and possession of criminal property.
Smith will serve six years for supplying controlled substances and three years for possession of criminal property at the same time.
The offender was arrested at his home in January 2020 after Essex Police's Raptor officers seized seven phones, three Rolex watches, cocaine and cannabis, drug paraphernalia and around 5,000 in cash.
Smith pleaded guilty to the charges at Chelmsford Crown Court last month.
Detective Sergeant James Paget, of Op Raptor West, said: Thanks to the hard work of our officers, Smith will be behind bars for a significant amount of time for his crimes. He had no choice but to enter guilty pleas to these offences due to the evidence we had against him.
Powdered cocaine is just as dangerous as any other Class A drug. Like everything else, it can still ruin lives and still exploits those with addictions.
Smith did all of that, without remorse, so that he could fund his lavish lifestyle which, thankfully, wont be so glamourous for the next few years.
Simon Chilton, from Clacton-On-Sea, was put behind bars for 21 years when he was convicted for sexual assaults against children.
The 36-year-old was arrested in November 2018 when his criminal activities were exposed.
Detectives found he had been committing serious sexual crimes against two children between 2013 and 2018.
Chilton was found guilty of seven counts of rape, six counts of sexual assault, four counts of sexual assault by penetration, and one count of assault by beating.
In addition to the 21 year jail sentence, he was given an extra year on license.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Nicola Blackburn said: "The two victims have shown incredible bravery in reporting these offences to us and telling us what happened.
"We supported them to ensure their welfare and help them tell us what had happened to them.
"Simon Chilton subjected them to an unimaginable ordeal spanning years.
"He will now spend a significant time behind bars where he will not be able to endanger any more young people.
"No sentence can ever undo the damage Chilton has caused but I hope this result will help his victims to move forward."
Mark Brinkley, of Elizabeth Way, Harlow, has been sentenced to six years nine months after being convicted for manslaughter.
Brinkley, 26, confessed to the manslaughter of Philip Burr, 38, who was found lying unconscious at the side of the road in Potter Street, Harlow, by an officer on patrol.
A black BMW 116 series was found on fire in Roydon 40 minutes later and was later linked to the collision through forensic evidence.
Philip was taken to the Royal London Hospital but died the next day. Post-mortem ruled that he died as a result of severe trauma to his head.
Brinkley was arrested the day after the incident happened, and was charged with murder in August last year.
At Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, April 30, Brinkley admitted being the driver of the car and pleaded guilty to manslaughter. He has also been banned from driving for five years and five months, and must take an extended re-test.
Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Jennings, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: This was a senseless act of violence that ultimately led to a mans death.
Not only did Brinkleys actions cause injuries so severe that Philip sadly lost his life, he left him injured and dying alone at the side of the road.
While were pleased that Brinkley has finally admitted his guilt, we know this wont bring Philip back and our thoughts continue to be with his family.
Marcel Zawolski, of Dell Road, Grays, was jailed for three years and one month for selling heroin.
Op Raptor officers investigated a drug line operating in the area at the beginning of this year and identified the 20-year-old through a phone number which drugs were up for sale.
He was arrested in February when officers searched his home and found more than 1,800 cash, a list of phone number, three phones and suspected Class A drugs.
When he was searched in custody, officers found 40 wraps of heroin and a set of electric scales hidden in his underwear.
"Sadistic" murderer Larence Bourke stabbed a pub landlord 70 times in a brutal killing.
Adored Swiss Bell Pub landlord Scott Gilhooly, 44, was fatally stabbed to death at his own pub in Braintree on the morning of May 17, 2020 by his lodger Bourke.
At Basildon Crown Court, the court heard how Mr Gilhooly had offered Bourke, 24, a room above his pub to stay in - after Bourke was kicked out of his home in February 2019.
He sent evil text messages after carrying out the murder saying that he enjoyed doing it.
Bourke was sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum term of 25 years, less 367 days in custody on remand.
Read more from the original source:
Essex crime: Faces and stories of 14 criminals jailed in Essex last month - Essex Live
- 9-Disc Christopher Lee Eurocrypt Box Set Arrives Later ... - July 26th, 2021
- Man convicted in Tennessee toddler's 2001 death - CT Post - July 26th, 2021
- Traffic stop ended in chase, gunfire - suspect still on the run - WLTX.com - July 11th, 2021
- OTR: 'Band on the Run' cover features a plethora of people - The Sanford Herald - July 11th, 2021
- Its a horrible decision retired Major weighs in on troop withdrawal from Afghanistan - Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW) - July 11th, 2021
- SLED identifies suspect wanted in Oconee Co. deputy-involved shooting - WSPA 7News - July 11th, 2021
- 'Blood From the Mummy's Tomb' Was One of Hammer's Last Great Monster Movies [Hammer Factory] - Bloody Disgusting - July 11th, 2021
- Mayor Bowser Cuts Ribbon on New All Affordable Senior Housing Honoring the Late Todd A. Lee | mayormb - Executive Office of the Mayor - July 11th, 2021
- The Lord of the Rings: review - Mail and Guardian - July 11th, 2021
- A little bit of magic dust: the second life of The Secret Life of Us - Sydney Morning Herald - July 11th, 2021
- Charlottesville removes Confederate statues, including one that sparked deadly far-right rally - USA TODAY - July 11th, 2021
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Premiered in Theaters 50 Years Ago Today - MovieWeb - July 1st, 2021
- Self-sanitising escalators, more space and different urinals - how stadium architecture will change in a COVID... - The Athletic - July 1st, 2021
- Le Roy remembers Maddie Masters during 2021 graduation | Top Story | thedailynewsonline.com - The Daily News Online - July 1st, 2021
- Awe-Inspiring Facts About Sir Christopher Lee - June 14th, 2021
- Christopher Lee and Fann Wong become the ambassadors of OMG! Gods of Three Kingdoms in Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam - Yahoo Finance - June 14th, 2021
- 'We are exactly where we're supposed to be:' Blue Hills Vo Tech graduates Class of 2021 - The Patriot Ledger - June 14th, 2021
- Soulmates found love on two wheels said 'I do' in their cycling gear - The Westmorland Gazette - June 14th, 2021
- They prepare animated film of The Lord of the Rings Tomatazos Explica .co - Explica - June 14th, 2021
- Raiders Of The Lost Ark At 40: Facts And Myths - The Vintage News - June 14th, 2021
- Make vaccination easier for persons with dementia - The Star Online - June 14th, 2021
- Christopher Lee Had to Get Permission From the King of Sweden to Marry His Then-Fiance - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - June 1st, 2021
- The Wicker Man: 1973 folk-horror endures to this day as a masterpiece of the form - The Guardian - June 1st, 2021
- Christopher Lee and Vincent Price Honored by Horror Fans on Their Shared Birthday - MovieWeb - June 1st, 2021
- After breaking the law, can Terence Cao and Shane Pow continue their careers like Christopher Lee? Showbiz insiders tell us - AsiaOne - June 1st, 2021
- 10 Awful Films The Lord Of The Rings Actors Want You To Forget - WhatCulture - June 1st, 2021
- The Lord of the Rings movie trivia every fan should know but not repeat - Polygon - June 1st, 2021
- Philly grapples with statues of Frank Rizzo, Christopher Columbus, and more a year after protests - The Philadelphia Inquirer - June 1st, 2021
- Christopher Lee: The Actor's Secret Life in Heavy Metal ... - May 21st, 2021
- Grand jury returns indictments in Henry County - BTW21 - May 21st, 2021
- Peter Jackson's The Fellowship of the Ring Turned Tolkien into a Pop Culture Behemoth - tor.com - May 21st, 2021
- Neil Marshall Interview: The Reckoning and More - /FILM - May 21st, 2021
- After George Floyd's murder, "The only way I got through it was God" - MSNBC - May 21st, 2021
- Let MOH do its job, say experts - The Star Online - May 21st, 2021
- Now Is the Perfect Time to Climb Aboard Horror Express - Gizmodo - May 8th, 2021
- The Man with the Golden Gun Retro Review - Comic Years - May 8th, 2021
- 'Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter': The Action-Horror Hybrid That Reimagined the Hammer Vampire Film [Hammer Factory] - Bloody Disgusting - May 8th, 2021
- Man gets 32-years-to-life in prison for first degree murder - Action News Now - May 8th, 2021
- James Bond movies ranked: 007's best, worst and everything in between - CNET - May 8th, 2021
- POLICE BEAT: MAY 4 | News | sanfordherald.com - The Sanford Herald - May 8th, 2021
- Land transactions for the week of May 2, 2021 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - May 8th, 2021
- Andrew Cuomo, Matt Gaetz, and the New Never Resign School of Politics - The New Yorker - April 23rd, 2021
- Obituaries 04.21.21 Henry County Times - The Henry County Times, Inc. - April 23rd, 2021
- Exclusive Interview Clancy Brown on his journey with the horror genre and his role in The Mortuary Collection - Flickering Myth - April 23rd, 2021
- Kevin Thorn | Obits | wvnews.com - WV News - WV News - April 23rd, 2021
- These are the five best movies on TV for your Wednesday night in - Lovin.ie - April 23rd, 2021
- A royal life on screen: the actors who've portrayed the Duke of Edinburgh - Royal Central - April 23rd, 2021
- THE MORTUARY COLLECTION Interview: Director Ryan Spindell and Star Clancy Brown on Their Above-Average Horror Anthology - ScreenAnarchy - April 23rd, 2021
- Geoff Dyer: Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry is like the gift of reading itself - The Guardian - April 23rd, 2021
- Amy Knox Wright | Obituaries | dailyadvance.com - The Daily Advance - April 23rd, 2021
- HS TRACK: Lees Whitehill an explosive shot put thrower - Midland Reporter-Telegram - April 23rd, 2021
- Land transactions for the week of April 4, 2021 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - April 5th, 2021
- Potter/Randall counties' court dockets for the week of April 4, 2021 - Amarillo.com - April 5th, 2021
- Arrest reports for the week of April 4, 2021 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - April 5th, 2021
- The 10 Best New Movies To Stream On Netflix This April Forbes #3 - Forbes - April 5th, 2021
- I didnt just cover the Humboldt Broncos bus crash I lived it alongside the rest of the city - The Globe and Mail - April 5th, 2021
- On This Day: What happened on 28 March? - The South African - April 5th, 2021
- Friends of the DA - Knock LA - April 5th, 2021
- Why is cinema obsessed with remakes? - Spectator.co.uk - April 5th, 2021
- Christopher Lee dead at 79 Author and historian who wrote BBCs This Sceptred Isle dies of Covid - The Sun - February 17th, 2021
- Arrest records from the Feb. 17, 2021 edition of the Calhoun Times - Northwest Georgia News - February 17th, 2021
- HBO Maxs Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai Reveals Its Wildly Over-Talented Voice Cast - Gizmodo Australia - February 17th, 2021
- Concord Woman Arrested On Another Drunken Driving Charge: Police - Patch.com - February 16th, 2021
- Every Terry Pratchett Adaptation Ranked (Including The Watch) - Screen Rant - February 16th, 2021
- 2 suspects in custody, 1 suspect dies from injuries after deadly ambush shooting at Jasco gas station - WJTV - February 14th, 2021
- Shooting victim remembered after gas station shootout - WAPT Jackson - February 14th, 2021
- Lord of the Rings: Why Saruman Betrayed Gandalf & Joined Sauron - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 14th, 2021
- Chinese New Year 2021: How Singapore celebrities welcomed the Year of the Ox - CNA - February 14th, 2021
- The lord of the rings, who are the highest paid actors in the saga? You will be surprised! - Sunriseread - February 14th, 2021
- Jamie Lee Curtis And Christopher Guest Give Relationship Advice, Put Yourself In The Path Of Love - ETCanada.com - February 5th, 2021
- Sir Ian McKellen shares Lord of The Rings photos - Lancashire Telegraph - February 5th, 2021
- Film Review: The Soul - - February 4th, 2021
- For the record | Record - Ottumwacourier - February 4th, 2021
- Eclectic Full Contact Theatre Founders Guest On IT'S SHOWTIME WITH RIKKI LEE - Broadway World - February 2nd, 2021
- 'Dr Death': From paralyzing patients to killing them, Christopher Duntsch wreaked havoc on the operating table - MEAWW - February 2nd, 2021
- First Disney+ trailer for Marvel's 'Behind the Mask' doc turns the page on superhero backstories - SYFY WIRE - February 2nd, 2021
- Sonoma Pharmaceuticals and Microderm Technologies Announce that Dermodacyn Disinfecting Solution is Now Available in Hong Kong and Thailand - Business... - January 31st, 2021
- Parratt-Rawls wed | Community | fbherald.com - Fort Bend Herald - January 31st, 2021
- Malaysia Suffers 'Lost Year' On Covid-19 Anniversary - CodeBlue - January 31st, 2021
- Jamie Lee Curtis and Christopher Guest to appear on JLGB Virtual next week - Jewish News - January 30th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero