There is no doubt that over the years, amongst the divisiveness and controversyStar Warshas created with the prequel and sequel trilogy, thatThe Clone Warsseries acted as a universal success and beloved entity of the fantastic franchise. However, to say it had a rocky start is an understatement.
RELATED: Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Stories That Changed Star Wars
While the series itself was gold, the movie that came just before it, acting as an introduction, was critically panned and criticized far and wide by audiences. A lot aboutThe Clone Warschanged after the release of the movie in 2008, but just because the film was a quality flop, does not mean everything changed.
George Lucas had initially attempted to get a lot of the big movie actors to reprise their role for the movie, only a few did.
Those were Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) Christopher Lee (Count Dooku) and Matthew Wood (General Grievous). After the movie, neither Samuel L. Jackson or Christopher Lee reprised their role for the series.
The majority of the cast, however, did keep their voice roles in both the movie and in the series.
The magnificent mainstays of the cast James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi,) Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker,) Dee Bradley Baker (the clones,) and Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano) all kept their roles throughout the series. So too did regulars Catherine Taber (Padm Amidala,) Ian Abercrombie (Palpatine,) Tom Kane (Yoda,) and Nika Futterman (Asajj Ventress.)
InThe Clone Warsmovie, we get introduced to Rex and the clones, but not really on a deep level. This very much changes.
RELATED: Star Wars: The Clone Wars: 10 Best Captain Rex Quotes
The clones and their characters get very much explored on a deep level as individuals, as all different beings who matter, not just copy and pasted soldiers.
The movie kicks off some of the best friendships inStar Warsin the form of Anakin and Ahsoka, and Ahsoka and Rex, as well as Anakin and Rex.
These relationships are kept in place and grow throughout the series. On top of that, we get more Obi-Wan and Anakin, which, again, grows as the series progresses.
One of the bigClone Warsstaples missing from the movie is the classic morals, which can be seen at the start of each episode before the Siege of Mandalore.
The morals are fantastic, and more often than not, always line up perfectly with what goes on in the movie itself in terms of theme and nuance, and even sometimes much more on the nose.
Alongside the morals, a mainstay of the series is the classic voice of Admiral Yularen, giving an introduction to the episodes - except for the last three of the Siege of Mandalore.
RELATED: Star Wars: The Clone Wars: 10 Best Arcs, Ranked
Unlike the morals, though, Yularen's introductions started in the movie as Tom Kane's voice guides us through what is going on when we jump into the movie.
When the movie was released, there were many unanimous criticisms such as dialogue and its very childlike nature, but another was the character of Ahsoka Tano.
She was labeled as bratty, whiny, annoying, and was very unpopular, but that all changed with the series. Since then, Ahsoka has become one of the bestStar Warscharacters of all time, as well as one of the most beloved.
One of the best things aboutThe Clone Warsas a whole is the music, which so often, and so wonderfully pays homage to John Williams, and incorporates those iconic themes with the show'sdistinctflavor and personality.
RELATED: The Clone Wars: 5 Ways It Improves Star Wars Canon (& 5 Ways It Doesn't)
This is all down to Kevin Kiner, who not only composed the music for the movie, but also for the series, and then later,Star Wars: Rebels. Fans hope he will get his own feature live-action project soon and will be brought back for the future animated series.
This is something that just changed drastically from film to series, to the point where the two feel detached from each other.
The series is far from perfect with every single episode, but even those episodes that suck, that are filler, that is unpopular, they are likely better and more fondly thought of than the utterly forgettable movie. The writing, animation, action, emotion, everything improved from a qualitative standpoint.
The heir apparent to the throne ofStar Wars, George Lucas' mentee Dave Filoni acted as director for the film, and since that point has become a deity in the minds of fans with his work on the series and inRebels.
His writing, direction, and supervision helped guide the series to its famed nature, and Filoni's work as a whole on his two series have led many to lobby for him to get a live-action movieand a far more prominent position in Lucasfilm.
NEXT: Star Wars: The Clone Wars: 10 Things We Will Miss Now The Series Is Finished
Next Which Character From The Vampire Diaries Are You Based On Your Chinese Zodiac Type?
Rhys McGinley is a simple man just trying to make his way in the universe as a cinephile, and all-round nerd from Glasgow, Scotland, who has been writing his whole life. Now writing for Screen Rant, CBR, and TheGamer, Rhys has a deep passion for all things Star Wars and various comic-based properties, sitcoms, as well as an affection for all genres of film.
- Jinnah: great film to watch for facts on Indo-Pak partition - Global Village space - August 10th, 2020
- Terry Pratchetts The Watch TV Series Shows First Image, Sets Release - Superherohype.com - August 10th, 2020
- Mask enforcement double standards and 8 news you may have missed - Malaysiakini - August 10th, 2020
- Gerald Reddington: Priest and former stockbroker who dedicated his life to helping those in need - The Independent - August 10th, 2020
- Arrest reports for the week of Aug. 9, 2020 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - August 10th, 2020
- Land transactions for the week of Aug. 9, 2020 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - August 10th, 2020
- Christopher Lee | Asian Pacific Islander Queer Women ... - August 8th, 2020
- Christopher Lee: Film Legend and World War II Hero ... - August 8th, 2020
- Every Johnny Depp & Tim Burton Movie, Ranked (According To IMDb) - Screen Rant - August 8th, 2020
- The Best Horror Movies On Netflix According To IMDb And Rotten Tomatoes - We Got This Covered - August 8th, 2020
- COVID-19: Starr County is in the national spotlight - Rio Grande Guardian - August 6th, 2020
- The Pocket Gods - Mimzicorn Invents A Time Machine (The Very Best Of The Pocket Gods) | God Is In The TV - God Is In The TV - August 6th, 2020
- Land transactions for the week of Aug. 2, 2020 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - August 6th, 2020
- 10 Sith Lords That Undoubtedly Took From Darth Vader | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - August 6th, 2020
- Chartered surveyor to occupy new office space in Leeds city centre - Business Up North - August 6th, 2020
- Christopher Lee: The untold life of the SAS soldier who ... - July 9th, 2020
- Star Wars Writer Reveals What Count Dooku's Origin Story Would Be Like - Epicstream - July 9th, 2020
- Here Are 10 Of The Best Films On TV Tonight - Balls.ie - July 9th, 2020
- Star Wars: 5 Things Fans Would Change About Revenge of the Sith (& 5 Things About A New Hope) - Screen Rant - July 9th, 2020
- 100 Best spy movies of all time - KAKE - July 9th, 2020
- How 'The Spy Who Loved Me' Resurrected the James Bond Franchise - Ultimate Classic Rock - July 9th, 2020
- Schwabe Strengthens Natural Resources and Alaska Native Presence with Key Hires in Anchorage Office Expansion - Anchorage Press - July 9th, 2020
- Cameron University announces spring 2020 honor rolls - The Lawton Constitution - July 9th, 2020
- Webinar: What past YAYA winners did next | Information - BD - Building Design - July 7th, 2020
- Building Design to announce AYA and YAYA shortlists in action-packed day - Building Design - July 7th, 2020
- Bookins | News - Evening News and Tribune - July 7th, 2020
- Sarah Wright steps into the role of Lee Town Moderator - theberkshireedge.com - July 7th, 2020
- From the Archives: Christopher Lee dies at 93; screen star ... - July 6th, 2020
- Everything Christopher Lee Did After The Man Who Could Cheat Death - Screen Rant - July 6th, 2020
- Theresa Stokes - Obituary - Legacy.com - July 6th, 2020
- Lord of the Rings: Why The Two Towers Book & Movie End Differently - Screen Rant - July 6th, 2020
- 'Patients Entrust Their Lives On Admission, Not To Get A Free Cremation' - CodeBlue - July 6th, 2020
- Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher 3 Could Have Been Rated R | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - July 6th, 2020
- 'Dil Bechara' and the long tradition of the posthumous release - Livemint - July 6th, 2020
- COVID-19 and CHOP could benefit Snohomish County real estate - The Daily Herald - July 3rd, 2020
- The woman who helped restore a north-east church by creating a 'Dracula Salad' - Press and Journal - July 3rd, 2020
- Land transactions for the week of July 5, 2020 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - July 3rd, 2020
- Star Wars: 5 Things We'd Change About Attack of the Clones (& 5 Things We'd Keep The Same) - Screen Rant - July 3rd, 2020
- [Update] When is Claes Bang Returning with Dracula Season 2 Release Date, Plot Details and Theories - Gizmo Blaze - July 3rd, 2020
- Property Transactions: July 1 | Business - news-herald.net - July 1st, 2020
- FOR THE RECORD - Daily Mountain Eagle - July 1st, 2020
- 10 Great Weird Movies Available on Midnight Pulp - ComingSoon.net - July 1st, 2020
- Moving On | News, Sports, Jobs - The Inter-Mountain - June 29th, 2020
- Inflatable pilots, inappropriate jokes and 'jive talk': the madcap making of Airplane! - Telegraph.co.uk - June 29th, 2020
- Arrest Reports - The Daily Iberian - June 28th, 2020
- Second man arrested in connection with June 15 Copperas Cove shooting - Coveleaderpress - June 26th, 2020
- Petition seeks to replace Christopher Columbus statue in Cleveland's Little Italy with one of Ettore Boiardi, aka 'Chef Boyardee' - WKYC.com - June 26th, 2020
- Western Nevada College's Record Graduating Class of 2020 honored in drive-through ceremony - Carson Now - June 26th, 2020
- Harnett County man charged in shooting that left Benson man dead - The Fayetteville Observer - June 25th, 2020
- Film and TV Review: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Fantha Tracks - June 25th, 2020
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 10 Things Everyone Forgets About The 2008 Animated Movie - Screen Rant - June 25th, 2020
- The Earth Dies Screaming is a proto Night Of The Living Dead - News Lagoon - June 25th, 2020
- Lee students receive DeCA scholarships - Public Affairs Office of Headquarters, US Army Combined Arms Support Command and Fort Lee - June 25th, 2020
- WILSON, WILLIAM - Richmond.com - June 25th, 2020
- Case Closed for the week of June 15-June 19, 2020 | Police beat - yoursun.com - June 21st, 2020
- More Bond Girls Have Died Than There Have Been James Bond Movies - Screen Rant - June 21st, 2020
- JOE CORNISH AND JOHN BOYEGA STILL WANT TO MAKE THAT 'ATTACK THE BLOCK' SEQUEL - HorrorCultFilms - June 20th, 2020
- Land transactions for the week of June 21, 2020 - Shelby County Reporter - Shelby County Reporter - June 20th, 2020
- Industry bodies join forces to deal with climate risks - Insurance Business Australia - June 19th, 2020
- News | After Court Victory, RIC's Office of Community, Equity and Diversity Reacts - Rhode Island College News - June 19th, 2020
- Suspect arrested in connection with online orders at Wal-Mart in The Villages - Villages-News - June 19th, 2020
- Fann Wong goes on baking spree at home - straits times - June 19th, 2020
- 100 Best spy movies of all time - WRCB-TV - June 19th, 2020
- WANTED: Suspected Scam Artist May Still Be Operating in the River Region - Alabama News Network - June 18th, 2020
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - June 15th, 2020
- Hometowns give you good memories; be proud of where you are from - Laurinburg Exchange - June 15th, 2020
- This Day in Horror History: GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH Was Unleashed in 1990 - Dread Central - June 15th, 2020
- TV program The 7 must-see tv this week: the Lord of The rings: the two towers, I'm not your black Baby Driver - D1SoftballNews.com - June 15th, 2020
- The best thriller movies on Netflix (June 2020) - Monsters and Critics - June 15th, 2020
- Slidell High School congratulates the Class of 2020 and its top scholars - NOLA.com - June 15th, 2020
- Elkins High honor roll announced | News, Sports, Jobs - The Inter-Mountain - June 15th, 2020
- A Boise church repents and will remove a Confederate icon. Are others in Idaho next? - The Spokesman-Review - June 15th, 2020
- Christopher Lee Badass of the Week - June 13th, 2020
- James Bond: Every Bond Girl Who Died | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - June 13th, 2020
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - NWAOnline - June 12th, 2020
- No makeup, no problem: Fann Wong, Rebecca Lim and more prove that makeup is way overrated - AsiaOne - June 12th, 2020
- A Boise church 'repents' and will remove stained-glass window of Confederate General Robert E. Lee - East Idaho News - June 12th, 2020
- Band-Aid will make black and brown flesh-toned bandages to 'embrace the beauty of diverse skin' - SCNow - June 12th, 2020
- The Final Features From 10 Iconic Horror Directors, Ranked According To IMDb - Screen Rant - June 11th, 2020
- Live Protest Updates: Protesters Drop Red Paint On Streets During March From East Harlem To Wall Street - Gothamist - June 11th, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero