With Disney+ adding adult content at their STAR branch, what titles are subscribers looking forward to? This includes Borat, Deadpool and Family Guy.
On the 23rd of February, Disney+ will be launching STAR, which is set to be the streaming service's biggest addition of content since it first started. However, rather than adding more family-friendly content that is for everyone, Disney is going to be adding a lot moretelevision shows and movies that are aimed more at adults.
RELATED:Top 10 Movies From The 80s On Disney+, Ranked According To Rotten Tomatoes
Disney+ will be gaining some new content; the likes of which people would never have associated with Disney. Whether it's because of violence or the relationships shown, there is a lot of adult content coming that is going to really shake things up, but what are subscribers most excited for?
When Disney+ first launched, one of its big draws was the fact that it had every episode of The Simpsons, which is one of the most iconic and beloved television shows of all time. When STAR launches, Disney is once again bringing a very popular animated television show, this time withFamily Guy.
Of course, The Simpsons and Family Guy have always been compared and contrasted, but the one big difference between them has always been that the latteris targeted at adult audiences. The show can becontroversialat times, but that is where its form of comedy lies, and now both these shows will live on the same streaming service.
The Fly is absolutely not the type of movie that people expect from Disney+, as this classic body-horror movie is absolutely grotesque, and has some nightmare-inducing physical effects. However, while it is certainly not suitable for younger or skittish viewers, this is one that adults will be excited to see.
RELATED:10 Behind-The-Scenes Facts About The Fly (1986)
While it's not a horror movie that is packed with jump scares, as tends to be the case with modern movies in this genre, it is still a very scary movie. Jeff Goldblum brings an amazing performance to this one, while the physical effects throughout are extraordinary.
Prison Break is an incredibly popular show and one that many people have binge-watched already. Now, audiences will get the chance to check it out again on Disney+ as the hit series is going to be joining the STAR section.
A prison breakout isn't the typical setting for something Disney-related, but that will certainly be an option for adult audiences in the future. The show has some fantastic character dynamics and lots of twists and turns that keeps things unpredictable throughout.
Considering that Deadpool is set to be joining the MCU in the future, it makes sense for this movie to be joining Disney+, giving people a taste of what this character is all about. Of course, Deadpool is a loudmouth character who swears a lot, with the movie being packed with sexual humor and heavy violence.
That is what makes it so different from the MCU movies, and the sequel only took all of that up a notch from the original. However, it is still a brilliant movie and one that people will be very excited to see.
It's been almost a decade since Desperate Housewives went off the air, and because of that, there is a whole generation of people who have likely never visited the world of Wisteria Lane. That is why this show is one that a lot of people are excited to see join Disney+.
The series follows a group of suburban housewives who are all friends, but while they like to present themselves and their lives as perfect to each other, behind closed doors that isn't always the case. The series is full of startling secrets and plot twists that really make for the best drama possible.
The Sitter is certainly not a movie for younger audiences due to a lot of the comedy that is put into it. However, this is a lot of fun, with Noah having to spend his time babysitting after getting suspended from college, and of course, not everything goes to plan with that.
The movie places Jonah Hill in the lead role, and as tends to be the case with his movies, it is packed with over the top comedy that certainly brings some hilarious moments, which is something that older audiences will enjoy.
Scream Queens is a horror series that blends elements of comedy and slashers together in a unique manner, creating a really entertaining show. It's one that keeps audiences guessing and on edge, as a serial killer is on the loose, attacking and terrorizing the main characters in several different locations.
The fact that it takes place in so many different locations is what really adds the fear factor to the show. However, the lead characters (including Ariana Grande) in the show bring plenty of sass and humor to the series as well, which is what makes it so entertaining.
Phone Booth is a gripping thriller that is a prime example of how dialogue can really drive a movie, without the need for too much action. Colin Farrell is excellent as the lead role in this movie, stuck in a phone booth, not being able to leave due to the fear that he will be shot when the call ends.
RELATED:Horrible Bosses & 9 Other Hilarious Colin Farrell Roles, Ranked
The movie has a great element of mystery and intrigue as the plot thickens throughout. It's gripping and incredibly tense as audiences are left wondering how or if he will survive all the way throughout.
While theBorat sequel was recently released as an Amazon Prime exclusive, the original Boratmovie is set to be part of Disney+ STAR. This is one of the movies that people have been most shocked to see join the streaming service, purely because of how adult-orientated this movie is.
Borat is a hilarious comedy and is arguably Sacha Baron Cohen's greatest character. The movie is a mockumentary that takes Borat to America, where he makes a documentary on the country. This is certainly one that isn't for the entire family to watch due to the content of the movie, but for the adults, this will no doubt be a popular choice.
Sons Of Anarchy is absolutely something that people wouldn't typically expect to see on Dinsey+, as this show is all about motorcycle gangs, which features a lot of violence and other adult-related content. The series follows Jax Teller as he follows in his father's footsteps to become the leader of SAMCRO.
While he might try to take the gang into legal business, the fact is that along the way there is a lot of violence, which makes things difficult for them. However, the show is full of twists and turns, secrets, and backstabbing plots that keeps audiences hooked, and is certainly something fans are looking forward to.
NEXT: Top 10 Movies From The 80s On Disney+, Ranked According To Rotten Tomatoes
Next The Big Bang Theory: 10 Major Flaws Of The Show That Fans Chose To Ignore
- 15 Scary Movies You Need to Watch - Best Horror Movies 2021 - Cosmopolitan - May 21st, 2021
- Netflixs Fear Street Trilogy Brings Three R-Rated Horror Movies This Summer Watch The Trailer - Empire - May 21st, 2021
- Spiral and the Saw movies ask: How does tech challenge horror? - Polygon - May 21st, 2021
- Friends cast ages: How old are the cast of Friends now? - Heart - May 21st, 2021
- The Ads On Free Streaming Sites Are Absolutely Awful - ScreenCrush - May 21st, 2021
- Ella Purnell On Netflix's Zombie Heist Action Movie 'Army Of The Dead' - British Vogue - May 21st, 2021
- Whats Your Number? didnt rank in the summer of Bridesmaids - The A.V. Club - May 21st, 2021
- Everything Leaving Hulu in June 2021 - ComicBook.com - May 21st, 2021
- Woman discovers scary secret basement while renovating home: Someone has 100 percent been down here - Yahoo Sports - May 21st, 2021
- Here's everything coming to Hulu in June 2021, and what's leaving - MarketWatch - May 21st, 2021
- 15 Scary Movies You Need to Watch Explica .co - Explica - May 21st, 2021
- Five of the most hilarious shootout scenes in movie history - We Are The Mighty - May 21st, 2021
- H.S. BASEBALL: Andrew Middleton's blazing start has Canton riding high at 5-0 - The Patriot Ledger - May 21st, 2021
- Is it too soon to say goodbye to movie theaters? - Utahstatesman - April 5th, 2021
- What's on TV Monday: 'Race to the Center of the Earth' - Los Angeles Times - April 5th, 2021
- All the Horror You Need to Stream in April 2021 - Film School Rejects - April 5th, 2021
- All the movies and TV shows coming to Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime in April 2021 - Boston.com - April 5th, 2021
- Every One Of Hulu's 'Into the Dark' Horror Movies, Ranked - Mashable India - April 5th, 2021
- All the sci-fi TV and movies streaming in April 2021 - SYFY WIRE - April 5th, 2021
- Movies on TV this week: James Dean in 'Giant' on TCM and more - Los Angeles Times - April 5th, 2021
- Will The Unholy movie be available on Blu-ray/DVD? - Hidden Remote - April 5th, 2021
- Its Time to Make April Fools Day the Halloween of Comedy - Vulture - April 5th, 2021
- 'Godzilla vs. Kong' is in theaters and on HBO Max - Yahoo News - April 5th, 2021
- Watch: LeBron James and Bugs Bunny team up in 'Space Jam: A New Legacy' trailer - indie88.com - April 5th, 2021
- 'It was like a horror film': inside the terror of the Covid cruise ship - The Guardian - April 5th, 2021
- Janelle Mone on new horror film Antebellum: "There is nothing more horrific than what happened to Black people" - RadioTimes - April 5th, 2021
- Shakey Graves on His "Roll The Bones" Reissue and the Records That Shaped Him - InsideHook - April 5th, 2021
- The New #9 Show on Netflix Retells Terrifyingly Real Ghost Stories - Yahoo Lifestyle - April 5th, 2021
- 'Antebellum' stars discuss the timely 'horror of the human experience' (exclusive) - Yahoo Movies UK - April 5th, 2021
- Analyzing the Hit-and-Miss Parody of 'Scary Movie 2' [Horror Queers Podcast] - Bloody Disgusting - March 9th, 2021
- The Boo Crew Gets Creepy with Kesha to Talk Horror and More! [Podcast] - Bloody Disgusting - March 9th, 2021
- David Letterman's old interviews with famous women are going viral for their inappropriate nature. Here are the most uncomfortable ones. - Yahoo News - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Vintage Movie Monsters That Could Be Terrifying Today - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Twisted Horror Films That You Have To Watch Twice To Understand - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Every Paranormal Activity Movie, Ranked By Rotten Tomatoes - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Let's Talk About The Time A Large Eddie Murphy Head Toured The Country - UPROXX - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Things You Didn't Know about Andi Matichak - TVOvermind - March 9th, 2021
- 'The Lord of the Rings' Cast Reunites For Anniversary Screenings - ScreenCrush - March 9th, 2021
- Huge drive-in festival coming to Edinburgh in May with RuPaul's Drag Race stars - Edinburgh Live - March 9th, 2021
- Film made in Kamloops a love letter to horror genre directors - Kamloops This Week - March 9th, 2021
- SONS OF ANARCHY Creator Kurt Sutter Is Set to Direct Blumhouse's Horror Film THIS BEAST GeekTyrant - GeekTyrant - March 9th, 2021
- The Shawshank Redemption & 9 Other Poorly Received Movies That Became Classics - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- 10 Movies Based On H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man, Ranked - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Scream: darkly funny, extremely meta horror and a 90s time capsule that never gets old - The Guardian - February 16th, 2021
- Horror movies for Valentines Day that prove true love really exists - Netflix Life - February 16th, 2021
- Winter storm: Scary weather wont get Texans (or Californians) to move - East Bay Times - February 16th, 2021
- Column: HBO's 'Chernobyl' puts catastrophe in perspective The Daily Eastern News - The Daily Eastern News - February 16th, 2021
- Curious Cape Cod: Horror in Provincetown? Wait until you've seen the scary side of P-town. - Cape Cod Times - February 16th, 2021
- Super Exciting Ideas to Have Fun with Your Friends on Halloween - mySanAntonio.com - February 16th, 2021
- Allison Janney Reveals What It's Like Filming 'Mom' Without Anna Faris - Nicki Swift - February 16th, 2021
- New Jewish Horror Film Steeped in Ancient Jewish Lore and Demonology - jewishboston.com - February 16th, 2021
- 5-at-10: Weekend winners and losers, NCAA tournament talking points, Happy birthday Silence of the Lambs - Chattanooga Times Free Press - February 16th, 2021
- 'Silence of the Lambs' turns 30: How the horror masterpiece is still gripping Hollywood - CNBC - February 16th, 2021
- This old 2013 Lindsay Lohan interview with Letterman hasnt aged well at all - The Brag - February 16th, 2021
- David Letterman is getting backlash for his interview with Lindsay Lohan that pushed the 'stigma of addiction and rehab' - Yahoo News - February 16th, 2021
- David Letterman is getting slammed over resurfaced interview with Lindsay Lohan - WION - February 16th, 2021
- Rose Glass on the ecstasy & agony of her new horror film Saint Maud - Cult MTL - February 16th, 2021
- 10 Old Horror Movies That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time - Screen Rant - February 16th, 2021
- Lindsay Lohan's 2013 Interview with David Letterman Is Going Viral and People Are Horrified - Yahoo Canada Shine On - February 16th, 2021
- 10 Scary Movies To Watch On Amazon Prime To Avoid Thinking About Valentine's Day - Top 10 Films - February 14th, 2021
- 'The Silence of the Lambs' turns 30: Oscar-nominated horror movies and thrillers | Gallery - Wonderwall - February 14th, 2021
- Experimental film gets atmospheric with '24483 Dreams of Death' - The Park Record - February 14th, 2021
- 5 Of The Most Shocking Moments From Dawn Of The Dead (& 5 Of The Funniest) - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- 10 Horror Movies That Debuted At SXSW (Ranked According To Rotten Tomatoes) - Screen Rant - February 14th, 2021
- The Shinings Shelley Duvall is unrecognisable 41 years after legendary horror film as she gives rare i - The Sun - February 14th, 2021
- Why Silence of The Lambs Is So Good 30 Years Later - Esquire.com - February 14th, 2021
- 'Don't Panic': Vinegar Syndrome Releases Replica Pajamas Based on the 1988 Horror Film - Bloody Disgusting - February 14th, 2021
- slowthai and Skepta honor Scary Movie in the video CANCELLED - Inspired Traveler - February 10th, 2021
- Stream It Or Skip It: 'Sator' on VOD, an Atmospheric Horror Story Based on a Real-Life Grandmother's Alleged Demonic Possession - Decider - February 10th, 2021
- 1 In 5 People Think This Is The Worst Spoof Movie Ever Made - Looper - February 10th, 2021
- A terrifying horror film from TIFF comes out this weekend | Curated - Daily Hive - February 10th, 2021
- Slowthai And Skepta Are Horror Icons In The Bloody 'Cancelled' Video - UPROXX - February 10th, 2021
- 10 Horror Novels You Must Read Before You Watch The Movie - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- From The Witches to Lion King, portraying disabled p..s, scary is a media trope with real world consequences - Firstpost - February 10th, 2021
- The 25 Worst Movies of All Time - 24/7 Wall St. - February 10th, 2021
- The Surprising Movies That Parents Use To Introduce Their Kids To Horror - Looper - February 10th, 2021
- 'Saint Maud' Writer-Director Rose Glass On The Devilish Details You May Have Missed - Mashable India - February 10th, 2021
- What makes a cult film? Doco series takes a deep dive into schlock and horror - Sydney Morning Herald - February 10th, 2021
- 'Judas And The Black Messiah': The Story Of A Man Infiltrating The Black Panther Party | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - February 10th, 2021
- Robin Wright Pushed Past Pain, Stress and Bears to Find Land - Observer - February 10th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero