FXs mockumentary series, What We Do In The Shadows, has garnered quite the fanbase in its first two seasons, having been renewed for a third one as well. Its one of the funniest comedies on television currently, showcasing the mundane lives of four Staten Island vampires and their various misadventures.
RELATED:5 Vampires From Films & TV We'd Love To Hang Out With (& 5 We Wouldn't)
The show is able to create this quirky world where monsters such as werewolves and ghosts exist among humans. With the show having just recently wrapped up its sophomore season,it would be a good idea to look back on the most hilarious and outrageous moments thus far.
Guillermo wants nothing more than to be a vampire. After all, he's been Nandor's familiar for a good ten years already. For some reason, though, he just cant help but accidentally kill them in many situations, including The Baron.
After submitting his DNA to a website, hes informed that hes actually a descendent of Van Helsing, the legendary vampire hunter. Its actually quite shocking that he hasnt managed to kill any of his housemates in the years hes lived with them.
It turns out that Laszlo has been starring in pornography ever since the medium of film was invented. In an effort to woo his lady wife,heshows Nadja his collection. As expected, the quick clips of Laszlos films are hilariously awful.
RELATED:5 Ways What We Do In The Shadows TV Show Is Better Than The Movie (& Five Ways It Isn't)
While Laszlo is quite proud of his work, Nadja isn't so dazzled. In fact, she finds it quite depressing that her husband is a boring pornstar. Even worse, Laszlo presents the idea of showing them at their bi-annual vampire orgy. Nadja just doesnt have the heart to tell him otherwise.
Despite having absolutely no idea what his job entails, Colin gets promoted to a position of power at his office. Now that hes the boss, he realizes that he can drain away to his hearts content.
Colin is able to put his entire staff to sleep on a daily basis. The more energy he gets, the more powerful he becomes. His new powers include hair growth, flying, and cloning. If one Colin draining your energy is tiring enough, imagine having three at the same time.
As Nandor, Laszlo, and Colin are all about to be subjected to the witches painful extraction of their...bodily fluids, Guillermo comes in to save the day. Earlier in the episode, Guillermo stated that hes been watching Shark Tank and is thinking of starting a business.
Accompanied by the actual music from the show,Guillermo chimes in and suggests a business proposition. Guillermo is now in charge of trading Laszlo and Nandors bodily fluids to the witches. Its not explained how he gets jars of it but some things are just better left unexplained.
Before their execution happens, the gang is forced to sit through a stage rendition of their alleged murders of several vampires, such as The Baron and a random vampire family. Of course, all of this was actually done by Guillermo.
The entire stage act is hysterical as after every murder, the performers feel the need to dance (terribly). As Colin puts it, they seem to be going for a Hamilton vibe. Nadja is not impressed as her stage counterpart does the Q-tip dance. The angriest of them all of is Laszlo, disappointed in the complete lack of nudity he was promised.
Apparently, theres a lot of pressure when hosting a vampire orgy. In addition to shopping for various supplies, Guillermo is given the unfortunate task of having to describe every precise detail during the night.
This is because vampires cant be seen in a mirror, meaning someone is required to stand above and narrate the orgy. During a rehearsal, all three vampires are acting out certain positions, which Guillermo doesnt do a good enough job of keeping up with. Thankfully, the party is cut short by the end of the night.
As shown in the original film, werewolves and vampires dont get along very well. A feud erupts after Laszlo finds histopiary garden urinated on by a werewolf. Under the guidelines of a peace treaty, both parties must select a champion in a fight to the death.
RELATED:10 Movies To Watch If You Loved What We Do In The Shadows Movie
Nandor, nicknamed The Relentless, is elected to fight Toby, whos werewolf form is much scarier than they had anticipated. Instead of a bloody battle, however, the fight abruptly ends with Nandor throws a dog toy off the bridge, causing Toby to instinctively jump down with it.
Most people remember the time in internet culture where everyone would get those chain emails, threatening some sort of deadly misfortune if not forwarded to someone else. Well, Nandor isnt the most tech-savvy, so the email is quite frightening to him.
Nandor then informs his housemates of their supposed curse. The rest of the episode consists of them frantically trying to find another email address so they can forward it. Nadja suggests they go to the email address store but Laszlo figures theyre closed late at night.
The Baron tells the gang that he wants to see the sights of Staten Island and enjoy a night on the town. The trio, annoyed by the Barons constant request for world domination, plot to murder the Baron and make it look like an accident.
The Baron isnt the best company to have on a night out, as he keeps killing unsuspecting bystanders, as well as yelling out that hes a vampire. The funniest part is when they end up consuming drunk humans, intoxicating themselves in the process. Nandor even gets so badthat he wears a traffic cone and pretends hes a wizard.
This one seemed obvious. This was the moment that brought the show to greatness. After the accidental death of The Baron, all the vampires are forced to stand trial. What follows is a sequence of cameos, bringing in notable stars who have all played vampires in the past.
You haveTilda Swinton (Only Lovers Left Alive),Evan Rachel Wood (True Blood), Danny Trejo (From Dusk Til Dawn), and more. They even managed to get Blade himself, Wesley Snipes, although he could only make it via Skype. To top it all off, the trio of vampires from the original filmshows up; Vladislav, Viago, and Deacon. Too bad they couldn't get Tom, Brad, or Rob.
NEXT:The 5 Best Movie Vampires (& The 5 Worst)
Next Game Of Thrones: 10 Ways Jaime Lannister Got Worse And Worse
- Pa. Man Fatally Beat Father He Thought Was a Vampire, Lawyer Says - NBC New York - July 3rd, 2020
- EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Catch a glimpse of the World of Darkness in VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE #1 - Comics Beat - July 3rd, 2020
- 10 Vampire Movies That Broke All The Rules - WhatCulture - July 3rd, 2020
- Attorney: Hempfield man who fatally beat elderly father believed 92-year-old was a vampire - TribLIVE - July 3rd, 2020
- 10 Best Monsters Of The Week In Buffy The Vampire Slayer - WhatCulture - July 3rd, 2020
- 3 things to watch: Binge the entirety of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Stan - News Lagoon - July 3rd, 2020
- Happy Birthday Tom Cruise: When actor was NOT 1st choice for Interview With The Vampire co starring Brad Pitt - PINKVILLA - July 3rd, 2020
- World of Darkness looks to expand with two new key hires - GameDaily.biz - July 3rd, 2020
- A Discovery of Witches Season 2: Release date, Cast, Plot And Another Vampire and Witch Drama Show? - Auto Freak - July 3rd, 2020
- ABC Pilot Plans: What to Expect (Not Gina Torres or Vampires, Apparently) - Comic Years - July 1st, 2020
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer: 10 Ways Tara Got Worse And Worse - Screen Rant - July 1st, 2020
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Everything That Happened After The Show Ended - Screen Rant - June 29th, 2020
- Vampire: The Masquerade Shadows of New York gets a release window - PC Invasion - June 29th, 2020
- The Only Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV Star to Also Appear in the Movie - Screen Rant - June 29th, 2020
- Top 10 Fang-tastic Facts About What We Do In The Shadows - Screen Rant - June 29th, 2020
- Joe Perry Opens Up About When Aerosmith And Hollywood Vampires Will Back On The Stage - Metalhead Zone - June 29th, 2020
- Joss Whedon Birthday: From Buffy The Vampire Slayer to Firefly - Here Are His Most Popular TV Series - Report Door - June 29th, 2020
- PREVIEW: A witch goes abroad in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: WILLOW #1 - Comics Beat - June 27th, 2020
- Vale Joel Schumacher the Hollywood legend who brought us brat packs, teen vampires and Falling Down - The Conversation AU - June 27th, 2020
- A 'vampire fish' is spawning in Vermont's waters. Experts say most of them are nothing to worry about - CNN - June 27th, 2020
- First Look: Embark on a supernatural road trip in Boom!'s Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Willow #1 - SYFY WIRE - June 27th, 2020
- Harvey Guilln on an Empowered Guillermo in 'What We Do In The Shadows' Finale (VIDEO) - TVInsider - June 27th, 2020
- Did Everyone Get Their Copies of Bleed Them Dry #1? - Bleeding Cool News - June 27th, 2020
- V Wars Season 2: This outbreak is turning humans into vampires! Read to know plot, cast and more! - Next Alerts - June 27th, 2020
- Stefani Robinson (What We Do in the Shadows): Its a creative, kind of chaotic place to be [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW] - Gold Derby - June 27th, 2020
- Doctor Who news: The Ninth Doctor will face Vampires in the Time Lord Victorious comics - Doctor Who Watch - June 27th, 2020
- The Best 'True Blood' Episodes Of All Time, Ranked - UPROXX - June 27th, 2020
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer: 10 Weirdest Episodes, Ranked - Screen Rant - June 27th, 2020
- Francesco Yates on 'Superbad,' Pharrell Being a Vampire, and Astrology - Complex - June 27th, 2020
- Top 10 Best Episodes of What We Do In the Shadows - COED - June 27th, 2020
- Which Buffy The Vampire Slayer Character Are You Based On Your Chinese Zodiac Type? - Screen Rant - June 27th, 2020
- Seraph Of The End Season 3: Renewal Status, Release Date, Cast, Plot And All Updates! - Auto Freak - June 27th, 2020
- What's coming to and leaving Hulu in July 2020 - Fox News - June 27th, 2020
- Vampire: The Masquerade Shadows of New York set to launch in Q3 2020, new screens and info released - GoNintendo - June 27th, 2020
- what will take place in this dark medieval story involving vampires? Read to know exclusive updates and exciting spoilers! - News Lagoon - June 23rd, 2020
- When The Vampire Diaries creator Kevin Williamson revealed the show almost had a pretty different ending - PINKVILLA - June 23rd, 2020
- 5 Hilarious Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episodes (& 5 Angel Episodes That Are Too Funny) - Screen Rant - June 21st, 2020
- Vampire Diaries: Why Stefan Died In The Series Finale - Screen Rant - June 21st, 2020
- Review: BLEED THEM DRY #2 The Addiction For This New World Continues - Monkeys Fighting Robots - June 21st, 2020
- Every Buffyverse Actor Who Also Appeared On Supernatural - Screen Rant - June 21st, 2020
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer: 5 Times We Felt Bad For Willow (& 5 Times We Hated Her) - Screen Rant - June 21st, 2020
- Everything We Know About A Discovery Of Witches Season 2 Release Date, Cast And Why It Is Taking Time To R ... - Pop Culture Times - June 21st, 2020
- 10 Great Ongoing Horror Comics - and How to Get Started Reading Them - CBR - Comic Book Resources - June 21st, 2020
- Watchmen Star to Produce Vampire Film That Targets Online Influencers - CBR - Comic Book Resources - June 21st, 2020
- When The Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder's wife Nikki Reed was accused of backstabbing Nina Dobrev - PINKVILLA - June 20th, 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Eliot Rahal and Emily Pearsons THE VAIN is a story of vampires, rebellion, and love - Comics Beat - June 18th, 2020
- KING OF THE VAMPIRES - Short Horror Film - JoBlo.com - June 18th, 2020
- What We Do in the Shadows season 3 release date, cast and more - digitalspy.com - June 18th, 2020
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 5 Times We Felt Bad For Spike (& 5 Times We Hated Him) - Screen Rant - June 18th, 2020
- Horror Short! Paul Sloan & Ralf Moeller get dirty in King of the Vampires! - JoBlo.com - June 18th, 2020
- What We Do In The Shadows: 10 Horror Creatures That Would Fit Into The Show - Screen Rant - June 18th, 2020
- The Quarantine Stream: 'What We Do in the Shadows' Takes What Made the Movie So Good and Makes It Even Better - /FILM - June 18th, 2020
- Here are some massive age gaps between actors and their characters in teen dramas - The Tab - June 18th, 2020
- Vampire: The Masquerade - What You Need to Know About LA by Night - CBR - Comic Book Resources - June 18th, 2020
- What We Do in the Shadows: Where Does the Story Go in Season 3? - CBR - Comic Book Resources - June 18th, 2020
- When Paul Wesley said he loved breaking his good vampire image to play The Ripper in The Vampire Diaries - PINKVILLA - June 18th, 2020
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 5 Times We Felt Bad For Giles (& 5 Times We Hated Him) - Screen Rant - June 18th, 2020
- What We Do in the Shadows season 2 review: This comedy series should not be missed - The Indian Express - June 18th, 2020
- The Vampire Diaries Release Date, Cast, Trailer, And Everything You Need To Know So Far, Season 9 - World Top Trend - June 18th, 2020
- Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Reintroduces A Hotheaded Anarch (VIDEO) - Don't Feed the Gamers - June 17th, 2020
- A Discovery Of witches Season 2: A fight between Witches and Vampires! Read to know Cast, Plot, ... - Next Alerts - June 14th, 2020
- What We Do In The Shadows: How Guillermo's Choice Sets Up Season 3 - Screen Rant - June 14th, 2020
- Forgotten Scotland: From runaway circus lions to steel-teethed vampires, historian unearths centuries of jaw-dropping tales - The Sunday Post - June 14th, 2020
- You'll Never Be Able To Name All These Buffy The Vampire Slayer Characters! - WhatCulture - June 14th, 2020
- Vampire Diaries Season 9 Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailer And What Is More About The Show? - Gizmo Story - June 14th, 2020
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer: 5 Times We Felt Bad For Tara (& 5 Times We Hated Her) - Screen Rant - June 13th, 2020
- Seraph Of The End: 5 Reasons Why Mikaela Should've Been The Main Character (& 5 Reasons Why Yuu Is Perfect) - CBR - Comic Book Resources - June 13th, 2020
- Penny Dreadful: Every Monster In The Original Series - Screen Rant - June 13th, 2020
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 5 Times We Felt Bad For Dawn (& 5 We Hated Her) - Screen Rant - June 13th, 2020
- Author's new book Oil and Water receives a warm literary welcome - MENAFN.COM - June 13th, 2020
- What We Do in the Shadows, BBC Two review: the vampires of Staten Island are back - The Arts Desk - June 12th, 2020
- What Will Willow Comic Reveal About Buffyverse Future in Comics & TV? - Bleeding Cool News - June 12th, 2020
- What We Do In The Shadows: These flatshare vampires are enjoyably daft but their jokes need more bite - Evening Standard - June 11th, 2020
- TV tonight: the undead return to Staten Island - The Guardian - June 11th, 2020
- The vampires get cultured as What We Do In The Shadows wraps up a killer second season - The A.V. Club - June 11th, 2020
- Which Character From The Vampire Diaries Are You Based On Your Chinese Zodiac Type? - Screen Rant - June 11th, 2020
- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer': Cordelia Was Supposed to Be Played by a Black Actress - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - June 11th, 2020
- Killer Instinct Documentary Reveals Surprising Connection to Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Kotaku - June 11th, 2020
- VR horror game Wraith: The Oblivion - Afterlife will share Vampire: The Masquerade's universe - Rock Paper Shotgun - June 11th, 2020
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood Release Date and Trailer - Den of Geek UK - June 11th, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero