This page would benefit from the addition of one or more images.
Please remove this notice once you’ve added suitable images to the article. The specific instructions are: Husks, zombie villagers, baby zombies, etc. wearing a full set of each armor tier
The articles share similar information or a common topic.
Zombies are common undead humanoid hostile mobs that come in many variants.
In the Overworld, zombies spawn in groups of 4 at a light level of 7 or less. In desert biomes, all zombies exposed to the sky will have an 80% chance to be replaced by husks, a zombie variant. Zombies that are not husks have a 5% chance to spawn as a zombie villager while all zombie variants also have a 5% chance to spawn as a baby zombie type. Baby zombies have an additional 5% chance of spawning as a chicken jockey.[Java Edition only]
A normal zombie can spawn when a husk drowns in water. Drowned spawn in all ocean and deep ocean variants, rivers and swamps at a light level of 7 or less. They also spawn when a regular zombie drowns.
If a player is in a village with at least 10 doors and 20 villagers at midnight, up to 20 zombies may be spawned near the edge of the village regardless of light level or transparent blocks. It can happen in any biome, even if it is Mushroom Island. Zombies spawned as a part of a siege will always be normal zombies; zombie villagers or husks will never spawn as a part of a siege.
Zombies can spawn from monster spawners inside dungeons.
Zombie villagers are a villager-like variant of zombies. They behave as ordinary zombies, but their character model’s head and face is reminiscent of that of a villager, shaded with a darker green hue. Zombie villagers retain their professions and clothes, which have a tattered appearance. Upon curing, the villager will not retain the zombie villagers profession.
Zombie villagers naturally spawn 5% (1% in desert biomes and variants, including husks) in place of all zombies.
Zombie villagers can also result from zombies killing villagers. If any type of zombie kills a villager, there is a chance that the villager will transform into a zombie villager.
A priest zombie villager will appear alongside a priest villager in every igloo basement[JavaandLegacy Console editions only]. Zombie Villagers spawn also in zombie villages, zombie villager that spawn in zombie village have behavior to avoid direct sunlight and never despawn.
Zombie villagers have their own spawn egg which can be found inside the creative inventory. This egg spawns a zombie villager when used.
Zombie villagers can be cured by using a golden apple (regular) on them while they are under the effects of Weakness, which can be applied by:
A loud sizzling sound will be heard if successful, and the zombie villager will begin to shudder. The curing process will take 25 minutes, during which time the zombie villager behaves as normal. Cured villagers do not retain any trades they had before they became infected.
If the zombie villager is wearing any armor or wielding tools or weapons, those items disappear when the villager is cured, and not dropped on the ground.
During the curing process, it is often a good idea to keep the zombie villager away from any other zombies, because the other zombies will attack it after it is cured.
Conversion can be sped up by around 4% by surrounding the zombie villager with iron bars and/or bed blocks within a 999 cube centered on the zombie villager.
A zombie villager cannot be cured by switching from Easy, Normal or Hard difficulty to Peaceful; they will simply despawn like all other monsters.
80% of zombies spawned directly under the sky in desert, desert hills, and desert M biomes will be husks. Like normal zombies, there is a 5% chance for baby husks to be spawned, and an additional 5% chance to spawn as a chicken jockey[Java Edition only] .
They behave similar to regular zombies, with the following differences:
Drowned is an aquatic variant of the normal zombie that spawns underwater or when a normal zombie drowns.
Their behavior is the same as a regular zombie, but with the following differences:
Baby zombies make up 5% of zombie spawns. They behave similar to regular zombies, with the following oddities:
Baby zombie villagers are spawned when a zombie kills a baby villager, the chance of infection being the same as adult zombie villagers. Baby zombie villagers also spawn naturally, but the combined chance (5% villagers 5% babies) is very low at 0.25% (or 1 in 400 chance) of all newly spawned zombies. Baby husks can also spawn in warm biomes, as well as husk chicken jockeys.
Along with skeletons, some zombies are capable of picking up dropped items. These zombies will automatically hold any item they come across (except that jack o’lanterns[Java Edition only] , mob heads, and pumpkins will be worn on their heads), but if those items happen to be armor, weapons, or tools, the zombie will use them. If they encounter another similar item, they will pick it up and drop their previous item:
Items dropped by mobs in exchange for another cannot be picked up by players or mobs for 10 game ticks (0.5 seconds, barring lag), but can be picked up by hoppers.
Armor worn by zombies is not damaged from most damage sources, which means it cannot “wear out” the way player armor does. Helmets (not blocks like pumpkins) on zombies can wear away and break if the zombie is exposed to daylight or has an anvil or other falling block dropped on its head. Zombies also have a natural armor rating of 2(), which gives 1.6 – 4% damage reduction from most sources.
Some zombies which can pick up items spawn already in possession of such items, and those items may also be enchanted. The chances of that event are listed below. Zombie villagers can also spawn naturally with armor, weapons or tools. If a zombie spawns wearing multiple pieces of armor, the armor will never be mismatched (i.e. all pieces will be made of the same material).
If a zombie does spawn with armor, the chances of specific armor are as follows:
The chances of it being of a particular material are:
Any zombie that spawns with equipment (picked-up items don’t count) will give 13 extra experience points per item.
When they die, zombies drop:
Adult zombies will drop 5 experience and an additional 13 experience per naturally-spawned equipment. Baby zombies will drop 12 experience.
If a zombie wearing a pumpkin or jack o’lantern[Java Edition only] is killed using a weapon enchanted with Looting, there will be a chance equivalent to the level of Looting used to drop the pumpkin or jack o’lantern, up to a maximum of a 3% chance of a drop.
Zombies spawn in groups of 4 and will pursue the player on sight from 40 blocks away, as opposed to 16 blocks in other hostile mobs. The detection range of zombies is reduced to half of their normal range (20 blocks) when the player is wearing a zombie mob head.[Java Edition only] Zombies will periodically make groaning sounds, which can be heard up to 16 blocks away. Zombies will attempt to avoid obstacles, including sheer cliffs and lava, and will try to find the shortest path towards the player. Unlike skeletons, zombies do not try to avoid being hit, and continue to pursue the player even when being attacked. Zombies can sometimes deal damage through a closed door, as shown in the picture to the right. Like most mobs, zombies will always float on water, even if their target is below them.
As of 1.13,[upcoming] they lose the ability to swim, which facilitates their transformation into drowned.
At dawn, generally when the sun is 15 degrees or more above the ground (that is, when the moon can no longer be seen), most zombies will catch fire and burn once exposed to direct sunlight. They won’t burn if they’re:
Zombies may make some attempt to seek out shade during the day, or enter bodies of water to protect themselves from burning up, but will exit protective areas to chase a nearby player or villager.
If they attack an entity while burning, they may set it on fire, with a (30 regional difficulty)% chance, and with a 2 floor (regional difficulty) second duration. If wearing armor enchanted with Thorns while burning they may set players attacking them on fire with thorns damage alone.
Zombies are undead mobs, harmed by the status effect Healing, healed by the status effect Harming and are unaffected by Regeneration and Poison.
A zombie holding an item it picked up will not despawn when left alone.
Zombies will attack villagers within 42 blocks, and they can always see villagers through walls. Once a zombie has focused on a villager, the zombie will ignore any other villagers and the player, until its target is dead or the zombie is attacked.
Up to 14.5% of zombies (depending on regional difficulty) in pursuit of a target can bang on closed wooden doors, and on Hard (and Hardcore) difficulty can succeed in breaking them down. Otherwise, the door will crack, but not break. Iron doors are always safe.
Zombies will attack iron golems within 42 blocks.
On all difficulty levels, damaged zombies will also call all other zombies within a 676721 to 11111121 area[n 1] centered on the attacked zombie to target the attacking player, like zombie pigmen.
On Hard difficulty, zombies can spawn additional zombies to help when damaged. Each zombie has a “likeliness to call reinforcements” statistic which ranges from 010%, and “leader” zombies (05% depending on regional difficulty) get a bonus of 5075 percentage points to the stat. When the zombie is damaged by an entity or is damaged while targeting an entity, up to 50 attempts will be made to randomly choose a spawn location (0 or 740 blocks away in all three axes) that is above a block with a solid top surface, has light level 9 or lower, has no players within 7 blocks, and has no colliding entities or blocks at which to spawn the reinforcement. Both the damaged zombie and the new zombie will have a 5 percentage point penalty to their “likeliness to call reinforcement” stat, preventing infinite zombies from spawning this way.
These effects can be negated by killing the zombie in as few hits as possible, by using environmental damage such as cactus or lava, or by avoiding them completely.
Zombies will attack baby turtles and actively seek out and destroy turtle eggs.[upcoming 1.13]
If a zombie is in water, and not in a boat, for 30 seconds it will begin converting into a drowned. The zombie will start to shake, similar to a zombie villager being cured, and after 15 seconds the zombie will be converted to a drowned. Once this process starts, it cannot be stopped.
If the zombie is holding or wearing any items, then these items will be dropped to the ground upon being converted.
Only normal zombies can become drowned, zombie villagers and husks cannot be converted. Husks however will convert into zombies if underwater, and then convert into a drowned some time later like a normal zombie does.
Zombies, zombie villagers and husks have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob. Their entity IDs are zombie, zombie_villager and husk respectively.
Please remove this notice once you’ve added suitable images to the article. The specific instructions are: Zombies wearing “plate.png” in Classic
Issues relating to “Zombie” are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues there.
A zombie emerging from a dark cave.
Zombie trap using a spawner. 97 zombies have been trapped already.
A zombie horde that spawned outside a village hammering at a door.
A height comparison between the player and the zombie. Note the zombie being slightly higher than the player.
The zombie villager textures added in 15w35a.
The swinging arms animation.
A naturally spawned husk in a desert biome.
Size comparison between a husk and a normal zombie, the husk being 2 pixels taller. Their hitbox size is the same.
A baby zombie standing next to a baby husk. Note that neither of them burn in direct sunlight.[until 1.13]
The original zombie villager texture.
A husk peering into a village building.
First image of armed and armored zombies released by Dinnerbone.
A player-armored zombie villager.
A zombie wearing leather armor.
A zombie wearing chain armor.
A zombie wearing iron armor.
A zombie wearing gold armor.
A zombie wearing diamond armor.
An armored zombie that picked up a bookshelf as a melee weapon.
A zombie holding a piece of white wool.
A zombie wielding an iron shovel doing its attack animation.
Zombies wearing pumpkins on Halloween.
A baby zombie wearing a jack o’lantern on its head on Halloween. This glitch no longer happens in the new versions.
A zombie wearing a player head.
A zombie villager wearing a wither skeleton skull.
A Zombie as it appears in Minecraft: Story Mode.
Official 8.5-inch Baby Zombie Plushie made by JINX.
Originally posted here:
Zombie Official Minecraft Wiki
- Zombie - MTG Wiki - May 13th, 2019
- ZOMBIE GAMES Online - Play Free Zombie Games at Poki.com! - April 20th, 2019
- Bad Wolves - Zombie (Official Video) - April 13th, 2019
- Zombie | Yu-Gi-Oh! | FANDOM powered by Wikia - March 19th, 2019
- Zombie Trailer Park | Addicting Games - March 8th, 2019
- Zombie Cocktail Recipe - Liquor.com - February 26th, 2019
- Zombie deer disease: Why deer with CWD are nothing like ... - February 19th, 2019
- Nazi Horror Zombie Movie Review - Zombie Picture - February 16th, 2019
- Zombie Fest Northwest Normandy Park Washington ... - February 16th, 2019
- Zombie | Wookieepedia | FANDOM powered by Wikia - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie | fictional creature | Britannica.com - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie - Monster Girl Encyclopedia Wiki - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie royale.io - Play Zombieroyale io battle, unblocked - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - December 11th, 2018
- Zombie | RuneScape Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - December 11th, 2018
- Zombies - Investopedia - December 11th, 2018
- Zombi 2 (1980) - Rotten Tomatoes - December 11th, 2018
- The Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Quiz - December 11th, 2018
- Zombie | Plants vs. Zombies Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - December 9th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Zombie: Tisa Farrow, Ian McCulloch, Al Cliver ... - August 9th, 2018
- Zombie Games - Free Online Zombie Games - July 18th, 2018
- Zombie Chase Parkour POV - YouTube - June 21st, 2018
- Sightings of 'zombie' dogs prompt warnings in Chicago - The San Diego Union-Tribune - September 7th, 2017
- YWCA prepares for 2nd annual zombie run - KFYR-TV - September 7th, 2017
- Langhorne Slim Releases "Zombie" off Forthcoming New Album Lost at Last Vol. 1 - Paste Magazine - September 7th, 2017
- 'Zombie' coyotes reportedly seen in suburbs, and residents warned to keep away - Chicago Tribune - September 6th, 2017
- ARZombi Is A Zombie Shooter Made Using ARKit - UploadVR - September 6th, 2017
- Should You Forgive Your Zombie Relative? Ellen Page In 'The Cured' Watch TIFF Clip - Deadline - September 6th, 2017
- 'Zombie dogs' are roaming the suburbs of Chicago - The Week Magazine - September 6th, 2017
- Zombie Walk to benefit local charity - Bowling Green Daily News - September 6th, 2017
- Zombie Run will benefit Muskogee Animal Shelter - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - September 6th, 2017
- New 'The Walking Dead' AR app tests your zombie battle plan - CNET - CNET - September 6th, 2017
- Watch an extreme scene from TIFF zombie film Les Affams - EW.com - September 6th, 2017
- 9th Circuit Revives Class Action Over 'Zombie' Smartphone Cookies - Courthouse News Service - September 6th, 2017
- SecureView: Assemblyman James Skoufis Hosts Demonstration to Clean Up Zombie Property Blight - Markets Insider - September 6th, 2017
- Chicago's Newest Problem Is An Invasion Of ZOMBIE DOGS - The Daily Caller - September 5th, 2017
- Daily Deal: Zombie Army Trilogy Is 80% Off On Steam - Gameranx (blog) - September 5th, 2017
- 'Zombie' dogs are actually infected coyotes, police warn - Atlanta Journal Constitution - September 5th, 2017
- Your daily 6: A third child for William and Kate; zombie dogs in Chicago - STLtoday.com - September 5th, 2017
- 'Zombie dogs' roaming near Chicago are infected coyotes, police ... - Fox News - September 3rd, 2017
- Railey: Confronting 'zombie mindsets' and a Charlottesville martyr - Winston-Salem Journal - September 3rd, 2017
- Trump Pardons Zombie Apocalypse - Indian Country Today Media Network - September 3rd, 2017
- Police warn of infected 'zombie' coyotes confused for stray dogs - KCRA Sacramento - September 2nd, 2017
- Survive An Augmented Zombie Reality In Walking Dead: Our World - Shacknews - September 2nd, 2017
- The Bentley You Need For The Zombie Apocalypse Is Finally For Sale - Jalopnik - September 1st, 2017
- Cops warn residents to avoid mange-infected coyotes labeled 'zombie dogs' - New York Daily News - September 1st, 2017
- Cops Warn of Infected 'Zombie' Coyotes Confused for Stray Dogs in ... - NBC Chicago - September 1st, 2017
- 'Zombie' drug Spice addict grabbed terrified girl, 5, outside Primark and gave her a 'bear hug' - Mirror.co.uk - September 1st, 2017
- Rome on cutting edge for dealing with zombie properties - Utica Observer Dispatch - August 31st, 2017
- The Mask Hides My Ugliness: Violence and Trauma in Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' - The Film Stage (blog) - August 31st, 2017
- The Syllabus: Zombie Charlotte Law (updated) - Greensboro News & Record (blog) - August 31st, 2017
- The Night King and Zombie Viserion are comingin Funko Pop! form - Winter Is Coming - August 31st, 2017
- Death of Spain's Zombie Lenders Sends Bank Jobs to Decade Low - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2017
- Rob Zombie's Halloween 10th anniversary: How Tyler Mane ... - EW.com - August 30th, 2017
- Call of Duty Black Ops III and Zombie Chronicles Officially Bundled Together - Twinfinite - August 30th, 2017
- Here a few of Lil Uzi Vert's favorite things: Rob Zombie, Rugrats and more - Alternative Press - August 30th, 2017
- Zombie shooter Dead Alliance now available - Flickering Myth (blog) - August 30th, 2017
- Brooklyn Decker Compares Herself to 'Zombie Taylor Swift' in 'Look What You Made Me Do' Music Video - Us Weekly - August 29th, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII's Zombies Is Changing its Tone and That's Exactly What it Needs - Twinfinite - August 29th, 2017
- Rob Zombie on Tobe Hooper: 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre' Changed My Life - RollingStone.com - August 28th, 2017
- 'Zombie' translation book authored by Ashland professor - Richland Source - August 28th, 2017
- City set to file first court action against 'zombie property' - Rome Sentinel - August 28th, 2017
- Zombies, romance and revenge drive record 'Game of Thrones' ratings - Reuters - August 28th, 2017
- Video: President Trump's zombie claim of widespread voter fraud in the 2016 election - Washington Post - August 28th, 2017
- Hudson Confidential: 'Zombie' utility poles outlawed in Cornwall-on-Hudson - Times Herald-Record - August 28th, 2017
- Falls steps up its fight against 'zombie homes' - Niagara Gazette - August 28th, 2017
- City seeks help in identifying 'zombie properties' - The Recorder (subscription) - August 28th, 2017
- Zombie homes shame campaign spreads to Niagara Falls - Spectrum News - August 26th, 2017
- Zombie run scheduled at Castle of Muskogee - Tulsa World - August 26th, 2017
- 19 Years Ago: Rob Zombie Debuts His Solo Album "Hellbilly Deluxe" - WAAF.com (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- What can the Zombie Apocalypse teach us about ourselves? [Video] - OUPblog (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Like A Movie Zombie, Tax Reform Refuses To Die - Investor's Business Daily - August 25th, 2017
- Buy Your Tickets Now For 'Z is for...Zombie!' - Patch.com - August 25th, 2017
- West Milford plans law to slay 'zombie' homes - NorthJersey.com - August 24th, 2017
- 'Game of Thrones': Why the White Walkers and Wights Represent the Best and Worst Zombie Tropes - IndieWire - August 24th, 2017
- Starbucks' new sushi burrito sounds like how zombie outbreaks start ... - GolfDigest.com - August 24th, 2017
- Heavy weekend rains likely when zombie storm Harvey comes to Texas - MyStatesman.com - August 24th, 2017
- Louisville Zombie Walk Attack Funeral! - Louisville Eccentric Observer - August 24th, 2017
- 'State of Decay 2' forces you to pick who becomes zombie food - Engadget - August 22nd, 2017
- The Zombie Polar Bear on Game of Thrones Was Just a Dude in a Green Suit - Esquire.com - August 22nd, 2017
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero