Its 2022, and the craze for zombie-killing games has never been so high. We have seen so many games in the past year that taught us what its like to live in a post-apocalyptic world filled with the undead.
But, amidst the massive library of zombie games, you might be resistant to try one for fear of false advertisement of the gameplay.
From zombie games that have been relevant since they were released to some of the latest ones, we bring you a list of the best Zombie games to play this year without any hesitation.
Release Date: 26 January 2015Developers: Techland
Dying Light is one of the best survival zombie games on the market. Even if it is seven years old, its still one of the best games in the said genre.
It features an open-world exploration with resource hunting and loot gathering. Although the game mechanics are classic survival, its captivating story and parkour movements leave the player hungry for more.
The game is set in a city overrun by zombies that fear the sun. So during the day, you will have plenty to explore. But when the night falls, the undead ones come out of their nests that have better loot. So, theres no option but to go to the enemy lands.
But remember! Zombies are not the only enemies you have. Some humans are even more dangerous. So keep an eye out for some pesky visitors.
Release Date: 4 February 2022Developers: Techland
The most awaited sequel to the previous game, Dying Light 2, has the same mechanics as the last game. But the story takes a wild turn.
Dying Light 2 is set 20 years after the first game. The city you are in is one of the largest safe havens for humans. But being humans, there is tension among each other as people fight for power and control. You find yourself in the midst of everything, but with mysterious powers and fading memories. Go on a journey and do your best to Stay Human.
Play the story to uncover the secrets of your power, find allies and fight enemies, be they humans or the mutated.
Release Date: 12 October 2021Developers: Turtle Rock Studios
Back 4 Blood is a first-person zombie shooter game that made its way into the hearts of zombie-killing fans. It is a 4-player co-op game that puts you in the shoes of Cleaners, a few of the apocalypse survivors.
The story mode follows players going through the Ridden infested areas, clearing them as much as they can into the next safe location. Back 4 Blood features a lot of mutated zombies that make you think twice before you jump in headfirst.
But its not just the story mode that attracts the players. The game has many different modes like Survival and Versus. Players can play against each other in Versus mode team battle style with one team as the Ridden and the other, Cleaners. At the same time, you can test your survival skills against an unlimited number of zombie waves in survival.
Release Date: 17 November 2009Developers: Valve
Another first-person shooter, Left 4 Dead 2, is a popular horror game filled with immersive campaign levels and engaging game modes.
The game features tons of weapons to increase the immersive playthrough. Furthermore, the melee tools are OP and give you an upper hand against the undead army. The game gives you multiple modes like Survival and Versus where you can test your shooting skills with unlimited hordes and fight other players. These modes, along with the fantastic storyline, make the game ever interesting and playable, even though it was released years ago.
One thing that makes the game stand out is the AI Director 2.0 that changes the weather, difficulty, and horde population according to the players play style.
Release Date: 17 November 2008Developers: Valve
Left 4 Dead is the predecessor of the previous game, Left 4 Dead 2. It is the same as the first game in terms of how it is played, the mechanics, and the different game modes.
Left 4 Dead has the first version of the feature AI Director that makes the game dynamic. Like the sequel, it also changes the playthrough based on the players game style. Both games have co-op mode for up to 4 players. So you can invite your friends and have the wildest time taking down the zombies.
Release Date: 7 May 2021Developers: CAPCOM Co. Ltd.
The eighth major game in the series of Resident Evil, Resident Evil Village, is a survival horror game that takes place a few years after Resident Evil 7 Biohazard. The game features the story of Ethan Winters trying to save his child from the horrific monsters living in a village in Romania.
The game has four different bosses and tons of other mutated zombies that you will have to fight in first-person mode. Furthermore, the game gives you a lot of different weapons and hidden items throughout the map, which makes the gameplay as satisfying as you want.
The story of Resident Village and the gameplay is perfectly balanced as well. Hence you will always be left with a rewarding feeling throughout the game.
Release Date:20 January 2022Developers: Ubisoft Montreal
If you know Tom Clancys game series, then you know about the parasite called Chimera that takes over humans and turns them into zombie-like creatures called the Archaeans. Now the parasite has spread across the US. And your job, as a part of REACT, is to send these evolving zombie parasitic monsters to the graves.
But that is not the only parasite you will face. There are reports of an even deadlier parasite known as the Proteans. So, will you step up and save humanity from these god-forsaken creatures?
Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Extraction is one of the most awaited games in 2022, showcasing a different approach in the zombie horror genre. The game features stealth-based operations and makes you explore the map for intel. This game also features cross-platform playability.
Release Date:10 December 2021Developers: 10 Chambers
GTFO is finally out of early access, and its better than ever. The multiple-award-winning game first launched its early access version back in 2019 and became one of the best zombie shooting games.
The game is a 4-player co-op game where you and your friends are prisoners sent by your Warden to an underground facility. Your mission is to stealthily explore the area, find out intel about the resource you need to extract, find it and get back safely.
The game tests your ability to survive the hordes, and even a simple mistake might trigger them. Furthermore, it demands a lot of cooperation and communication from the players. Some bots can fill up the empty spaces in a squad, but GTFO is best when played with real people.
Release Date:19 June 2020Developers: Naughty Dog
The Last of Us is still one of the best zombie games ever. The gameplay, storyline, and emotions it held are unique and loved to this day.
Naughty Dog gave another heartfelt game as a sequel known as The Last of Us Part II. The game is set five years after the first game, and we finally get to play the whole game as Ellie.
Even though the game mechanics are the same, the new story and characters make this game as fun as possible. The Last of Us series is one of the few games that can make their way into 2022, even though the second installment came out two years ago.
Release Date:18 May 2021Developers: Bend Studio
Days Gone is an open-world game set in the post-apocalyptic universe; two years after the virus outbreak. You play as the bounty hunter named Deacon St. John, trying to find a way to live peacefully among the chaos.
Additionally, you will have a wide variation of traps and weapons at your disposal. You will have to use them to fight hordes and gangs alike.
RIde on your motorbike and play through the games captivating storyline in Days Gone. Its mesmerizing environment and the day/night cycle make the game worthy of transition towards 2022.
Release Date:21 September 2021Developers: Saber Interactive Inc.
If you know about Brad Pitts movie World War Z, then you know that it has an unbelievable density of zombie hordes. This game is loosely based on the same film.
In World War Z: Aftermath, you can fight the hordes of zombies by using customizable weapons. Furthermore, the game also has a multiplayer mode, so you can co-op with three players in the story mode. You can simply choose one of the eight classes and level up to be the best zombie slayer.
The game also has a mode called Horde XL, where you can face hundreds of zombies in endless waves and try to survive as long as you can.
Release Date:3 April 2020Developers: CAPCOM Co., Ltd.
Umbrella Corp has been wreaking havoc in Racoon City. You play as one of the few remaining people who know how dirty Umbrellas hands are. You, Jill Valentine, will have to fight against the zombies and the worst of them all, Nemesis, a super-zombie sent by the Umbrella to stop you.
Resident Evil 3 has a captivating storyline that leaves the fans of the Resident Evil series in absolute awe.
Moreover, the game also includes a 1v4 online multiplayer mode called Resident Evil Resistance.
Release Date:13 March 2020Developers: Undead Labs
State of Decay 2 is an open-world survival game where your job is to gather survivors and start rebuilding civilization. You will have to recruit people in your team, make use of their traits, farm, and gather resources.
It is an excellent survival game that realistically portrays what it means to survive a zombie apocalypse.
Furthermore, the game has a co-op mode where you can visit each others community and lend a helping hand. When you finish helping your friends and getting back to your community, you will get fascinating rewards that will further help you build your base.
There are other game modes in the game as well. The first one is a 4-player co-op survival called siege defense. The second one is a different story campaign that is solid 10 hours long.
Release Date:21 June 2022Developers: FNTASTIC
The Day Before is an open-world survival game solely based on exploration and loot collection. You will have to defend yourself from the zombies and humans while gathering resources.
Keep in mind that the humans you cross paths with may not always be violent. That is because other humans are players too. Yes, The Day Before is an MMO game that puts a lot of players together in the post-apocalyptic world.
You can team up or fight any other players you see on your journey as you have the freedom to do whatever you want.
Furthermore, the game also has a place called A Colony of Survivors where you can go and interact with other players in a completely safe environment. While in the same area, you will also have options to share, trade, or sell your resources to other players.
Release Date:9 December 2021Developers: Vertigo Games
Who said zombie shooting is not fun in VR? After the Fall is a VR FPS that puts players in the world of 1980s LA, post-apocalyptic.
You can play the game on other platforms as well, but was specifically built for VR. So you can be assured that the gameplay and mechanic of After the Fall is smooth with the headset.
The game makes sure that every bit feels as realistic and immersive as possible, from the story to weapons. Furthermore, After the Fall also features a co-op mode where you can play with a team of four. Different mutated zombies can easily kill you, giving you an intense scare.
The game also lets you choose between different combat styles so you can craft and fight with the weapons that give you the best advantage.
Release Date:19 October 2021Developers: Vanimals
Undying takes a very heart-touching story about an infected mother. She fights her hardest to survive for herself and to guarantee her sons safety.
Speaking of the graphics, Undying is made with a low poly art style which gives even more emotions to the story. You play the game in a top-down view as you traverse through the auto-generated map.
You will have to make full use of your time to teach your son everything about survival in the game. The son is AI, and he will learn from everything you do.
Although the game is in early access, it has already accumulated multiple awards such as Best Indie Game in 2020 by Unity MWU China and Golden Tea. It was also the Indie Finalist in 2021. With all the awards and the emotional storyline, Undying is still a must-play game as we enter 2022.
The Last Stand: Aftermath is a survival game with a top-down view. In the game, you are an infected human. You will have a limited time to gather resources, upgrade your skills and kill the zombies.
But once you turn into the undead, you spawn as a new survivor. You will have all the assets and skills you previously earned. But you will spawn in a harder-difficulty environment and set out to survive as long as you can again. The loop continues as this is how you progress the game.
It is an amazing single-player game that makes good use of stealth and exploration. It has a very thrilling atmosphere as well that keeps you on your toes most of the time. Undying is another game that can easily make its way onto 2022.
Aside from the games on the list, there are a few more games still need to keep an eye on in 2022. However, due to the lack of a set release date or being postponed, we decided to list them in the final section.
Read the original here:
Best Zombie Games To Play In 2022 - Tech News Today
- Ten Zombie Comedies That Won't Rot Your Brain - tor.com - January 9th, 2022
- A big zombie blockbuster is among the movies on TV tonight - JOE.ie - January 9th, 2022
- Why its grim, but unsurprising, that the U.S. Capitol attack looked like it was out of a 'zombie movie' - The Conversation CA - January 9th, 2022
- Spyker brand set to return in 2022 like a zombie - CNET - January 9th, 2022
- How the CDC would act in a zombie outbreak - Boing Boing - January 9th, 2022
- CES Is Back in Las Vegas for 2022, and It Is a Zombie Version of Its Former Self - Daily Beast - January 9th, 2022
- 'Project Zomboid': Healing And First-Aid Guide - International Business Times - January 9th, 2022
- This B-Movie-Inspired Action-RPG Looks Like An Anime Fan's Fever Dream - Kotaku - January 9th, 2022
- Middletown Mayor Tony Perry takes office for fourth consecutive year - Asbury Park Press - January 9th, 2022
- Living with COVID doesnt mean being a zoomed-out zombie - Sydney Morning Herald - December 27th, 2021
- Rob Zombie, Mastodon and Mudvayne are the metal pirates of the Caribbean on the Voragos cruise - Louder - December 27th, 2021
- 'Difficult for zombies to survive in South Korea': Park Hyung-sik on what if outbreak in his K-drama Happiness occurs in real life - AsiaOne - December 27th, 2021
- Sherdogs 2021 Walkout Song of the Year - Sherdog.com - December 27th, 2021
- Every Evil Doctor Strange Marvel Has Already Introduced Before Multiverse Of Madness - FandomWire - December 27th, 2021
- What to watch on TV this Christmas Day - from Strictly to the zombie Christmas movie - Essex Live - December 27th, 2021
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War Update 1.45 Patch Notes - Attack of the Fanboy - December 14th, 2021
- The World's Coldest Inhabited Place Is Burning Because of ... - December 14th, 2021
- Rhik Samadder tries fencing: Now Im ready for the zombie apocalypse - The Guardian - December 14th, 2021
- There's An IRL Zombie Apocalypse You Can Try To Survive In Vancouver & It's Legit Scary - Narcity Canada - December 14th, 2021
- Remember When the Tri-City Americans Were on 'Z Nation', a Popular Zombie Show? - newstalk870.am - December 14th, 2021
- This Mashup of ROB ZOMBIE & The Succession Theme Is Basically Perfect - Metal Injection - December 14th, 2021
- Pennsylvania, RGGI, and the Case of the Zombie Resolution - NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) - December 14th, 2021
- Covid supports have not created 'zombie' firms - report - RTE.ie - December 14th, 2021
- Recap: Day of the Dead Episode 9 turns everyone into a detective and a suspect - SYFY WIRE - December 14th, 2021
- The 2021 Pittsburgh Steelers might be the NFLs zombie squad - Behind the Steel Curtain - December 14th, 2021
- UFC 269 video: Embedded, part 5 - Hes the Brazilian Zombie - Bloody Elbow - December 14th, 2021
- How TV and movie zombies have evolved from the mindless undead to superhuman killing machines - Yahoo News - November 29th, 2021
- Zombie properties a growing problem in Capital Region The Daily Gazette - The Daily Gazette - November 29th, 2021
- Yeon Sang-ho Talks Season 2 of 'Hellbound' and Third Zombie Movie - - The Nerd Stash - November 29th, 2021
- Hellbound Creator Yeon Sang-ho Details Season 2 Plans, Teases Third Zombie Movie in World of Train to Busan - Variety - November 29th, 2021
- Recap: Weddings, funerals, and sexy time: Day of the Dead Ep. 7 gets at what it means to be a human (and not a zombie) - SYFY WIRE - November 29th, 2021
- BSU professor presents on zombies and colonialism as part of Native American Heritage Month events - Bemidji Pioneer - November 29th, 2021
- America's Favorite Zombie Officer Returns on 4K with Blue Underground's Maniac Cop II and III - Critical Blast - November 29th, 2021
- Warnings of orphan and zombie wells spark debate on bonding by oil, gas companies - The Denver Post - November 29th, 2021
- Zombie river? London's Thames, once biologically dead, has been coming back to life - NPR - November 13th, 2021
- Zombies to the rescue: The arcane voting rule that could save Dems antitrust agenda - POLITICO - November 13th, 2021
- Rob Zombie Confirms The Munsters Officially Shooting, Offers Tease of Logo - ComicBook.com - November 13th, 2021
- LUCE: The zombie issues of legacy preference - Yale Daily News - November 13th, 2021
- RUPCO seeks to rehabilitate and sell 10 zombie properties in Kingston - The Daily Freeman - November 13th, 2021
- Stream Slipknot, Rob Zombie, Code Orange and more from Welcome To Rockville this weekend Kerrang! - Kerrang! - November 13th, 2021
- Joivan Wade Talks About Doom Patrol's Cyborg, Being A Zombie, And His Doctor Who Inspiration - Exclusive Interview - Looper - November 13th, 2021
- Zombie skydivers, zombie drag queens, food and more planned for Halloween Zombie Bike Ride - The Aggie - The Aggie - October 9th, 2021
- Rob Jabbaz Brings THE SADNESS To The Zombie Apocalypse - FANGORIA - October 9th, 2021
- Unusual weather is causing zombie canola to flower in the fall - CBC.ca - October 9th, 2021
- Killing Zombies Is Against The Law In Louisiana - News Radio 710 KEEL - October 9th, 2021
- The Best Zombie Movies On Hulu [October 2021] - Looper - October 9th, 2021
- Rob Zombie Pays Tribute to 'Hot Rod Herman' in The Munsters Movie Reboot - MovieWeb - October 9th, 2021
- Cops called 175 times on Beaverton zombie condo squatters - KOIN.com - October 9th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie and Paladins are next weeks Epic Games Store freebies - Destructoid - October 9th, 2021
- John Ratcliffe's Zombie Campaign Keeps Paying His Wife $3000 A Month To Manage Its Books - Forbes - October 9th, 2021
- 13th annual Asbury Park Zombie Walk returns to the boardwalk following COVID break - Asbury Park Press - October 9th, 2021
- 2-Nights of Halloween Events: Zombie Night and Goblins and Goodies in LaVergne - Wgnsradio - October 9th, 2021
- How Rob Zombie's 'Halloween II' Paved the Way for a New Kind of Horror - Bloody Disgusting - October 9th, 2021
- Email is a zombie that keeps rising from the dead: the endless pursuit of Inbox Zero - The Guardian - October 9th, 2021
- The 2021 Asbury Park Zombie Walk In Asbury Park, New Jersey - 943thepoint.com - October 9th, 2021
- RUN! This Zombie Apocolypse 5K in Terre Haute will have you avoiding the undead, while raising money for a good cause - WTHITV.com - October 9th, 2021
- Podcast #318: Battling the Zombie of the Fairness Doctrine - Radio Survivor - October 9th, 2021
- 'TWD': Seth Gilliam doesn't think he'd want to live in post-apocalyptic world - Insider - October 9th, 2021
- Hands-on with Back 4 Blood's retail version: Our three-hour stream is now on VOD - Ars Technica - October 9th, 2021
- 'Back 4 Blood' here's when the zombie shooter unlocks in each region - For The Win - October 9th, 2021
- It's Time to Put the Right-Wing Zombie Death Cult on Trial - Daily Beast - September 5th, 2021
- The Best Zombie Games Of All Time - GameSpot - September 5th, 2021
- Poll: What's the Best Rob Zombie Song? - Vote Now - Loudwire - September 5th, 2021
- Best Zombie Movies Streaming on Hulu, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime - Yahoo Entertainment - September 5th, 2021
- Fantasy Fest Parade, Street Fair, Even Zombie Bike Ride Canceled At Key Wests Biggest Party Of The Year - CBS Miami - September 5th, 2021
- Korean zombie film 'Train To Busan' rumoured to get American remake; fans are not happy - Times of India - September 5th, 2021
- 'Train to Busan': Fans Are Not Happy About the US Remake 'Train to Busan:' Fans Are Not Happy About the US Remake - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 5th, 2021
- The Zombie Attack is returning to Louisville's streets. Here's what to know - Courier Journal - August 24th, 2021
- 8 Surprisingly Realistic Zombie Movies (& 7 That Are Way Over The Top) - News Nation USA - August 24th, 2021
- Fast and Furious: Zombies - The New Indian Express - August 24th, 2021
- Years Before COVID, Zombies Helped Prepare One Hospital System for the Real Pandemic - Scientific American - August 24th, 2021
- Rebellion VFX Releases A New Zombie Army Animated Short - Bleeding Cool News - August 24th, 2021
- Authorities could be getting close to solving Zombie Mike rape cases after unidentified remains found in Niskayuna - NEWS10 ABC - August 24th, 2021
- Call of Duty: Vanguard will have a Zombies mode, made by Treyarch - Polygon - August 24th, 2021
- Fishtown Local: Attack of the zombies | Opinion | gloucestertimes.com - Gloucester Daily Times - August 24th, 2021
- Fear TWD Season 7 Teaser Prepares for the Fallout of the Nuclear Zombie Apocalypse - ComicBook.com - August 24th, 2021
- Call of Duty: Mobiles new zombie mode will extend into next season - Digit - August 24th, 2021
- Mental Health And The Zombie Run With YKHC - KYUK - August 24th, 2021
- Dilapidated 'Zombie House' Demolished On Long Island After Years Of Complaints - Daily Voice - August 24th, 2021
- Netflix Based K-Zombie Horror Title 'Kingdom: The Blood' Unveils First Teaser - GLYFE Nation - August 24th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero