In Call Of Duty Zombies, easter eggs have been a staple ever since the equally iconic Der Riese. Every single map after Ascension has had a major easter egg, which are long-winded quests that generally reward the player with either every Perk or ends the map, effectively beating it.
RELATED:Call Of Duty Zombies: The 10 Best Starting Rooms, Ranked
This list will be referring to the major easter eggs of the series, the main quests of each map. Some of the easter egg steps are infamously complicated and have taken over a week to be completely solved. Others have taken less than a day to figure out. Sometimes, the easter egg quests feel worth the effort, other times they're more obnoxious than anything.
Buried is generally considered the best Victis map by a wide margin, as TranZit and Die Rise are two of the most hated maps in the series. Like all Victis map easter eggs, there are two different paths for them, with one being a Maxis side and the other Richtofen.
For the most part, both sides are rather similar with slight differences, but what brings it all together is it's ending. The Sharpshooter step is one of the most iconic, and fun, steps of all the easter eggs. The rest of the steps are fun and interesting as well, playing into the map nicely.
Easter eggs have always been catered to those who like quests, searching for clues to find the next step. People who play for high rounds and those who play for easter egg completion are generally two very different playgroups.
RELATED:The Top 15 Call Of Duty Zombies Maps, Ranked
However, Classified decided to make the easter egg simply getting to a high round. Surely it's an easier to reach round so everyone can enjoy it with a huge time sink, right? Well, not at all. Classified requires players to get to round 150, which can take hours to do. No one enjoys spending over 4 hours to unlock an easter egg, which is why it's one of the worst.
Moon is a little bit annoying as it requires a lot of Mystery Box luck as the Wave Gun, Q.E.D.s, and Gersh Devices are all needed to complete it. After obtaining them all, however, the easter egg is a ton of fun. None of it is overly hard, making for a challenging, but fair easter egg.
The ending is also fantastic as well. Blowing up the Earth from the Moon is the most iconic scene from the Black Ops 1 era of Zombies, and sets the groundwork for the next stage of the story in Black Ops 2 beautifully.
Mob Of The Dead is one of, if not the best map in all of Zombies. It's responsible for saving Black Ops 2 after the flops of TranZit and Die Rise, and had one of the coolest settings and cast the series had seen up to that point.
However, the Mob Of The Dead easter egg is incredibly boring. Practically the only step to the easter egg is flying the plane to the Golden Gate Bridge three times. The ending is one of the coolest, putting you into a PvP where whoever is Weasel fights against the rest with the zombies on their side. Getting to this point is a little too tedious to carry the easter egg, however.
Call Of The Dead was the first time a major easter egg was beatable on Solo (excluding Der Riese). The steps were different for Solo and co-op, but the Call Of The Dead easter egg was fun and simple. Saving the Ultimus Crew from being locked inside a room made for tons of fun dialogue.
RELATED:Black Ops Cold War: 5 Zombies Maps That Should Be Remastered (& 5 That Should Be Left Alone)
Call Of The Dead gave you a permanent reward as well. After completing it, every time you kill the George Romero boss zombie, he will reward you with a Wunderwaffe DG-2 drop (replacing the Death Machine he normally gives you).
After Call Of The Dead, it seemed like all the easter eggs would be doable on Solo (something requested since Ascension). However, Shangri-La returned to needing 4 players to complete, and completing it was one of the most annoying things to do.
It requires constant communication, and practically every single step has a time limit as it needs you to be in Eclipse mode. Shangri-La is already one of the hardest maps in the series, and it doesn't help to make the easter egg anyless tedious to complete it.
Der Eisendrache is one of the best maps ever and has one of the best easter eggs in the series. All of the steps are easy to remember and fun to complete (sans having to travel back in time twice).
The Der Eisendrache easter egg plays into the map's design very well and utilizing the bows in a really fun way in four-player games. The boss fight was a ton of fun as well, and it's one of the best boss battles in Zombies. Being able to beat it on Solo is a nice added bonus as well.
Not only one of the worst maps, but TranZit also has one of the worst easter eggs ever. The Richtofen side is much more involved, but the Maxis side is one of the most boring ones ever.
RELATED:Black Ops Cold War Zombies: 10 Tips To Make An Overpowered Loadout
If you like standing around until theAvogadro decides to show up (which is random) then maybe you'll enjoy it. You have to kill it with an EMP under an electrical tower with a Turbine out. That's it, that's the easter egg. It's incredibly boring, and more time is spent waiting until Avogadro spawns near you than actually doing the steps.
Origins is an incredibly quest-heavy map by design, so a map like that is bound to have one of the best easter eggs. Origins is a journey, and the easter egg helps to push that point home.
Origins is exactly what an easter egg should be, utilizing everything the map has to offer. Everything on Origins feels useful and needed, and everything all ties together beautifully. Origins was the first time we saw the Primus Crew, and they gave a story that was magnificently told as the easter egg progressed.
Sans the last two maps, Black Ops 2 had a lot of poor easter eggs, and Die Rise is the worst offender of the bunch. The steps to Die Rise are absolutely abysmal. The Maxis side requires you to shoot a Pack-A-Punch'd Ballistic Knife in a random room, and they couldn't have ever bled out or bought the Galvaknuckles or Bowie Knife.
The Richtofen side isn't much better, as it requires 20 shots out of the Sliquifier which uses up almost all of its ammo. Both sides need to use small Mahjong tiles in order to determine how to do the end step, something that's incredibly tedious as there are so many different spawn locations for them.
NEXT:Black Ops Cold War Zombies: All Perk & Field Upgrades, Ranked
Next Destiny 2: A Complete Guide To Armor 2.0
Johnny Garcia is a long time gamer and writer based in sunny California. Having worked many odd jobs, including article writing, he is now a list writer for TheGamer.com. Having grown up around video games and being raised on them, his knowledge of video games is as high as it can be. Aside from video games, he also has an avid interest in trading card games, namely Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering.
Read more from the original source:
Call of Duty Zombies: The 5 Best Easter Eggs (& 5 Of The Worst) - TheGamer
- Indias zombie home fund set to deliver thousands of apartments - The Real Deal - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie infection threat as country unlocks 50,000-year-old viruses - Yahoo News Australia - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie rises from his grave this March for PC via Steam - PC Invasion - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie Hit Train To Busan Is Getting A US Remake - GameSpot - February 20th, 2021
- Rob Zombie says the meat industrys future is unsustainable - NME.com - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs The Zombie In Rebel Without A Pulse - Yahoo Entertainment - February 20th, 2021
- Batista Wanted To Play A Zombie On The Walking Dead, Rejected For Being "Too Big" - Fightful - February 20th, 2021
- Dave Bautista told he was too big to play zombie on The Walking Dead - NME - February 17th, 2021
- Dave Bautista Offered To Play A Zombie For Free On The Walking Dead - Screen Rant - February 17th, 2021
- Is plurilateralism making the WTO an institutional zombie? - East Asia Forum - February 17th, 2021
- REVIEW: Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, Vol. 1 is a Comedic Zombie Apocalypse - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 17th, 2021
- Don't Eat Pete is a zombie survival game that's available now for Android in Early Access - Pocket Gamer - February 17th, 2021
- Call of Duty Warzone seems to be teasing Zombies - Gamesradar - February 17th, 2021
- James Gunn Weighs In On Whether Zombies Or Vampires Are More Dangerous - Looper - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead back on the march - Stuff.co.nz - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead Turned Dave Bautista Down for a Zombie Role - Superherohype.com - February 16th, 2021
- Army of the Dead Image Teases Zombie Heist Movie - /FILM - February 16th, 2021
- The Real Life Diet of Rob Zombie, Who Thinks Eating Vegan Is Metal - British GQ - February 16th, 2021
- Rob Zombie says veganism is about 'fighting the establishment' - Vegan Food and Living - February 16th, 2021
- The Next Generation of Marvel Zombies Is Already in the Marvel Universe - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 16th, 2021
- It Looks Like Zombies Are Coming To Warzone Season 2 | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 16th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE Explains Why He Went Vegan "It Is Anti-Establishment" - Metal Injection - February 14th, 2021
- Zombie Baseballs and MLBs Home Run Problem - The Wall Street Journal - February 14th, 2021
- Rob Zombie Thinks Eating Vegan Is Metal - GQ - February 14th, 2021
- This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse - We Are The Mighty - February 14th, 2021
- 3 Cookbooks and guides to teach you how to survive during the eventual zombie apocalypse - Undead Walking - February 14th, 2021
- Call Of Duty Zombies: All Zombies Crews, Ranked - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- Tesla : Which is the best EV to own to survive a zombie apocalypse? - marketscreener.com - February 14th, 2021
- Here's How You Can Watch Every Season Of iZombie - Looper - February 14th, 2021
- What's The 1st Thing You'd Grab If Zombies Invaded Twin Falls? - kezj.com - February 14th, 2021
- Kennedy: Banks, communities need to collaborate on zombie property upkeep - The Daily Gazette - February 10th, 2021
- Zombies Attack Bend! [With Video] - The Source Weekly - February 10th, 2021
- Ten Zombie Comedies That Won't Rot Your Braaaaaaaains - tor.com - February 10th, 2021
- These Bulletproof Vehicles Are Perfect For Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse - HotCars - February 10th, 2021
- How a Left 4 Dead Remaster Could Revive the Zombie Shooter Genre - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 10th, 2021
- Rise of Barnegat Light's Zombie Whale; It Starts With Dead Bigfoots, the Devils - The SandPaper - February 10th, 2021
- The Senate should do everything it can to avoid a zombie impeachment trial - CNN - February 9th, 2021
- 8 Video Game Zombies That Break the Traditional Mold - Bloody Disgusting - February 9th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy Four Days Box Office Collection, Teja Sajja's Film Is Ruling The Box Office. - Sakshi Post - February 9th, 2021
- Colm O'Regan: The perfect Valentine's Day gift - a zombie plan for the one you love - Irish Examiner - February 9th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy Third Day Box Office Collection, Teja Sajja's Film Passes The Weekend On A Phenomenal Note - Sakshi Post - February 9th, 2021
- How to Play the Witch Role Mod in Among Us | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - February 9th, 2021
- Reanimation and Zombies: Discussion with author Frank Swain - WLNS - February 9th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Is Returning In a Unique Re-release From Aspyr Media - Happy Gamer - February 9th, 2021
- Author discussion to explore reanimation, zombies - The Hillsdale Daily News - February 9th, 2021
- Not Ready to Die: These 5 'zombie' cars were sold alongside their replacements - Driving - February 5th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy movie review: When the zombies attack Seema - The Hindu - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie comes back from the dead in March, achievements revealed - TrueAchievements - February 5th, 2021
- Prasanth Varma: Zombie Reddy doesnt make a joke out of zombies - The Indian Express - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Re-Release Launching in March | Game Rant - GameRant - February 5th, 2021
- Shang-Chi Finally Found the Cure for the Newest Kind of Marvel Zombie - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 5th, 2021
- Free-Roam VR Unleashed - The Source Weekly - February 5th, 2021
- Releasing Today: Zombie Attack On Box Office.. - Greatandhra.com - February 5th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE's New Album Was Completed A Couple Years Ago - Metal Injection - February 5th, 2021
- Zombie nation: Third of adults walking around in concussion-like daze due to stress, lack of sleep - Study Finds - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Achievements Listing Hints a Re-release in March - The Nerd Stash - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse Re-Release Hinted - NoobFeed - February 5th, 2021
- Splunking the Zombie Apocalypse - Security Boulevard - February 4th, 2021
- The Last of Us Meets The Division In Zombie MMO The Day Before - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- Zombie-Bite Politics - The Dispatch - The Dispatch - February 4th, 2021
- World War Z & 9 More Of The Highest-Grossing Zombie Movies Of All Time - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- AOC's terrifying account of the Capitol siege: 'It almost felt like a zombie movie' - CNET - February 4th, 2021
- Korean Zombie says he hit rock bottom and gained over 40 lbs after loss to Brian Ortega - Bloody Elbow - February 4th, 2021
- Varun Tej heaps praise on Teja Sajja at Zombie Reddy pre-release event - Times of India - February 4th, 2021
- Cold War Zombies: How to Upgrade The D.I.E Shockwave - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE Releases New Single And Video 'The Eternal Struggles Of The Howling Man' | Scoop News - Scoop.co.nz - February 4th, 2021
- THE WALKING DEAD Season 10 "Ties that Bind" Trailer (2021) Zombie Horror - JoBlo.com - February 4th, 2021
- Feeding monopolies and zombies: Made in the USA: Socialism for the Rich. Capitalism for the Rest - The Times of India Blog - January 30th, 2021
- Hear Rob Zombie's Raucous New Song "The Eternal Struggles of the Howling Man" - Revolver Magazine - January 30th, 2021
- The Korean Zombie says he hit rock bottom and gained 20kgs following loss to Brian Ortega - BJPENN.COM - January 30th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE To Release A New Song This Friday - Metal Injection - January 30th, 2021
- The Day Before Is Basically The Division with Zombie-like Infected - Wccftech - January 30th, 2021
- USM Alumna's Novel Included on Best Fiction for Young Adults List - Southern Miss Now - January 30th, 2021
- Zombies and Neon Fury Star in Howie Lees Insane New Music Video - RADII - January 30th, 2021
- This $23 emergency radio is all you need to survive the zombie (or robot) apocalypse - CNET - January 25th, 2021
- The real zombie threat as the Arctic thaws and other climate briefs - Haaretz - January 25th, 2021
- When the zombies come, I will be ready - Rochelle News Leader - January 25th, 2021
- The information warriors fighting 'robot zombie army' of coronavirus sceptics - The Guardian - January 25th, 2021
- Tips To Survive An Infinite Number Of Rounds In Black Ops: Cold Wars Zombies Mode - TheGamer - January 25th, 2021
- Yungblud and Machine Gun Kelly tease zombie film-inspired 'Acting Like That' video - NME.com - January 25th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero