There are four different upgrades available for the D.I.E Showave in Black Ops Cold War Zombies. Here's how to find each of them as fast as possible.
COD Black Ops: Cold War Zombies can get incredibly in-depth when it comes to its various easter eggs and hidden features. Players often wonder how anybody is supposed to figure these puzzles out on their own when there's hardly any guiding information in-game. The D.I.E Shockwave or 'Wonder weapon' is one of the best weapons players can unlock in Zombies.
Related: Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Zombie Easter Egg Guide
The Wonder Weapon, however, will only last so long in its base form. It'll come with 60 'rounds' that can be refilled by ADS-ing to suck up zombies. Blast a massive shockwave to send any zombies in its path flying through the air at the cost of 15 'rounds.' To make this weapon viable on higher rounds, players will have to find one of four upgrades hidden around Die Machine. This guide will walk players through how/where to find these different elemental upgrades for the D.I.E Shockwave in Black Ops: Cold War Zombies. To obtain the following upgrades, players must turn on the power, construct the pack-a-punch machine, and obtain the base D.I.E Shockwave.
The Cryo-Emitter is probably the least convoluted of the Wonder Weapon upgrades to find. Head to the roof of Nacht Der Untoten and shoot a wooden box off the side of the roof and into the pond. The box is located to the left of the tent. Head down into the pond to find an empty flask where the box broke. There is a very obvious purple fungus growing on a tree between Pond and Crash Site. Lure a Megaton towards the tree and bait it into shooting its poison attack at the tree. This will cause the fungus to glow a bright purple.
Players can now place the flask under the tree to collect whatever this fungus is emitting. Wait for about a minute for the flask to fill. Players do NOT have to begin a new round. Once the flask is filled, pick it up and head down into Med Bay, where Speed Cola is. There will be a box covered in chains on the floor near the Particle Accelerator doorway. Interact with the box, and the Cry-Emitter will pop out.
The Cry-Emitter will shoot a single freezing shot upon tapping the shoot button or a constant stream of ice when holding it down. This will freeze zombies in their tracks and is excellent for aiding allies trying to revive a downed teammate. It's not the most practical for killing zombies outright, but it can help in most situations.
The Nova 5 will require a few more steps than the Cryo-Emitter but is still wholly worth it. Head to the middle floor of Nacht Der Untoten and head to the back of the building between Spawn and The Pond. There will be a canister on the left side that must be sucked up with the Wonder Weapon. After a second or two, the canister will jump towards the player to be picked up.
Head to Deadshot Daiquiri, look at it and then head to the right. There will be a tank on the wall where the canister can be placed. Once placed, players will need to lure a Plague Hound near the canister and kill it. Its poison essence will be sucked up. Once it's full (only takes one dog), pick it up and head to the Crash Site. There will be a box on the left wall where the canister can be placed. Place it, then melee it to open the box and claim the Nova 5 upgrade.
The Nova 5 upgrade will shoot a cloud of toxic gas that will create a zombie-killing AOE. However, the gas is not harmful to humans in any way. Players could realistically spam Nova 5 at their feet and take no damage while killing zombies that enter.
As players have noticed, every time they enter the Dark Aether, the location of the portal changes. For this upgrade, players will have to wait for the portal to spawn on the Particle Accelerator room's bottom floor, below the Pack-a-Punch Machine. Once players have entered the dark aether, they'll be tasked with collecting and depositing three specific crystals. These crystals can be obtained in any order, but they must be dropped off one at a time. Players will be able to tell them apart from other crystals because they'll glow bright orange. Use the Wonder Weapon to suck up the crystals and then shoot them into the small box where the Aether Portal was.
Once players have deposited the final crystal into the box, it will open, and the Electrobolt Upgrade will be available.
The Fire upgrade is by far the most convoluted one to get. However, it'll make the Wonder Weapon incredibly powerful as it deals out massive amounts of damage. To do this, players will need to have constructed the Aether Scope. Once the Aether Scope is in their possession, enter into the Dark Aether and head over to the Medical Bay. Grab a small book off the computer desk and get ready to go ghost hunting. There will be three Ghost Whisps that players must interact with.
Once players are out of the Dark Aether, head back to the Medical Bay and interact with the computer to enter the password. Now that players have completed this portion of the Easter Egg, they'll want to head through the Aether Portal that spawns on the threshold of the Crash Site and The Pond. Enter, and head to the teleportation tunnel closest to the Nach Der Untoten entrance in Crash Site. Next to it will be a briefcase. Shoot the Briefcase to open it and obtain a fuse.
Take that fuse down to the Weapons Lab. Directly across from Deadshot will be a machine to plug the fuse into. This machine only spawns if players have gone through the correct Aether Portal mentioned above. Once players have placed the fuse, they'll need to run back up to the pond (in or out of Dark Aether) and melee the box sitting on the flatbed truck near Nach Der Untoten.
The video below from YouTuber Joemet123 does an amazing job of detailing each of these upgrades and is a great step-by-step on how to get them. Players will want to make sure they leave 1 zombie alive at the end of each round to get each of these upgrades safely. It's technically doable in Cranked mode, but it won't be easy.
Next: Black Ops Cold War New Zombies Map Teased In Aethernaut Poster
Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Last-Gen.
Hitman 3: Why Diana [SPOILER] Agent 47
Michael Colucci is a life long video game fan based out of the greater Boston area. He's the one insistent on searching every last corner of the map for hidden items and easter eggs. A life long career in the service industry has sharpened his tongue as well. A handful of accolades for his work as a screenwriter backs his credibility when evaluating plots, characters and dialogue.
- History will not be kind to Tokyo's 'zombie Olympics' - Nikkei Asia - April 5th, 2021
- Researchers discover "Zombie Genes" in the brain that come to life after death - CMU The Tartan Online - April 5th, 2021
- Geoengineering the climate: The zombie idea that just won't die - Resilience - April 5th, 2021
- Hilarie Burton Worried She'd Make a 'Bad Zombie' On The Walking Dead - TooFab - April 5th, 2021
- The Guitar Zombie Apocalypse Is Real - Premier Guitar - April 5th, 2021
- Call of Duty: Warzone's Zombies Move to a New Location - ComicBook.com - April 5th, 2021
- Corey Taylors Zombie Versus Ninja movie will commence shooting this year - Louder - April 5th, 2021
- Is Zombie Army 4 multiplayer? Heres all we know about the Rebellion Developments release - Republic TV - April 5th, 2021
- What are 'zombie mines'? What do they have to do with Malcolm Turnbull? - ABC News - April 5th, 2021
- The Best Zombie Movie According To Reddit Isn't What You'd Think - Looper - April 5th, 2021
- Zombie (The Cranberries song) - Wikipedia - March 9th, 2021
- How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse, According to the CDC - Inside Edition - March 9th, 2021
- The CDC wants you to prepare for a zombie apocalypse. (Yes, you read that right.) - USA TODAY - March 9th, 2021
- Call of Duty's Zombie Easter Eggs Were Too Hard, So Cold War Season 2 Is Simplifying Things - Kotaku - March 9th, 2021
- Resident Evil 3 Did Army of the Dead's Zombie Vegas 14 Years Ago - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- The perfect Call of Duty zombies mode is here, and it's not Outbreak - PC Gamer - March 9th, 2021
- CDC Offers Guide to Survive Zombie Apocalypse and Other Natural Disasters - Complex - March 9th, 2021
- Zombie Soil: The Harmful Result of Industrial Farming | Earth 911 - Earth911.com - March 9th, 2021
- Call of Duty Warzone Crossover With Zombies Teased on Twitter - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- 'Zombie' cicadas could be on your doorstep this summer - Times-West Virginian - March 9th, 2021
- How to Find Flawless Aetherium Crystals in COD: Zombies Outbreak - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Resurrected The Walking Dead star Lauren Cohan tells Conan her best zombie kill nicknames - The A.V. Club - March 9th, 2021
- Warzone yellow access cards - how to survive the new shipwreck zombies event - Gamesradar - March 9th, 2021
- WTOPs Beer of the Week: 3 Floyds Zombie Dust Pale Ale - WTOP - March 9th, 2021
- Indias zombie home fund set to deliver thousands of apartments - The Real Deal - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie infection threat as country unlocks 50,000-year-old viruses - Yahoo News Australia - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie rises from his grave this March for PC via Steam - PC Invasion - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie Hit Train To Busan Is Getting A US Remake - GameSpot - February 20th, 2021
- Rob Zombie says the meat industrys future is unsustainable - NME.com - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs The Zombie In Rebel Without A Pulse - Yahoo Entertainment - February 20th, 2021
- Batista Wanted To Play A Zombie On The Walking Dead, Rejected For Being "Too Big" - Fightful - February 20th, 2021
- Dave Bautista told he was too big to play zombie on The Walking Dead - NME - February 17th, 2021
- Dave Bautista Offered To Play A Zombie For Free On The Walking Dead - Screen Rant - February 17th, 2021
- Is plurilateralism making the WTO an institutional zombie? - East Asia Forum - February 17th, 2021
- REVIEW: Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, Vol. 1 is a Comedic Zombie Apocalypse - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 17th, 2021
- Don't Eat Pete is a zombie survival game that's available now for Android in Early Access - Pocket Gamer - February 17th, 2021
- Call of Duty Warzone seems to be teasing Zombies - Gamesradar - February 17th, 2021
- James Gunn Weighs In On Whether Zombies Or Vampires Are More Dangerous - Looper - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead back on the march - Stuff.co.nz - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead Turned Dave Bautista Down for a Zombie Role - Superherohype.com - February 16th, 2021
- Army of the Dead Image Teases Zombie Heist Movie - /FILM - February 16th, 2021
- The Real Life Diet of Rob Zombie, Who Thinks Eating Vegan Is Metal - British GQ - February 16th, 2021
- Rob Zombie says veganism is about 'fighting the establishment' - Vegan Food and Living - February 16th, 2021
- The Next Generation of Marvel Zombies Is Already in the Marvel Universe - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 16th, 2021
- It Looks Like Zombies Are Coming To Warzone Season 2 | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 16th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE Explains Why He Went Vegan "It Is Anti-Establishment" - Metal Injection - February 14th, 2021
- Zombie Baseballs and MLBs Home Run Problem - The Wall Street Journal - February 14th, 2021
- Rob Zombie Thinks Eating Vegan Is Metal - GQ - February 14th, 2021
- This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse - We Are The Mighty - February 14th, 2021
- 3 Cookbooks and guides to teach you how to survive during the eventual zombie apocalypse - Undead Walking - February 14th, 2021
- Call Of Duty Zombies: All Zombies Crews, Ranked - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- Tesla : Which is the best EV to own to survive a zombie apocalypse? - marketscreener.com - February 14th, 2021
- Here's How You Can Watch Every Season Of iZombie - Looper - February 14th, 2021
- What's The 1st Thing You'd Grab If Zombies Invaded Twin Falls? - kezj.com - February 14th, 2021
- Kennedy: Banks, communities need to collaborate on zombie property upkeep - The Daily Gazette - February 10th, 2021
- Zombies Attack Bend! [With Video] - The Source Weekly - February 10th, 2021
- Ten Zombie Comedies That Won't Rot Your Braaaaaaaains - tor.com - February 10th, 2021
- These Bulletproof Vehicles Are Perfect For Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse - HotCars - February 10th, 2021
- How a Left 4 Dead Remaster Could Revive the Zombie Shooter Genre - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 10th, 2021
- Rise of Barnegat Light's Zombie Whale; It Starts With Dead Bigfoots, the Devils - The SandPaper - February 10th, 2021
- The Senate should do everything it can to avoid a zombie impeachment trial - CNN - February 9th, 2021
- 8 Video Game Zombies That Break the Traditional Mold - Bloody Disgusting - February 9th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy Four Days Box Office Collection, Teja Sajja's Film Is Ruling The Box Office. - Sakshi Post - February 9th, 2021
- Colm O'Regan: The perfect Valentine's Day gift - a zombie plan for the one you love - Irish Examiner - February 9th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy Third Day Box Office Collection, Teja Sajja's Film Passes The Weekend On A Phenomenal Note - Sakshi Post - February 9th, 2021
- How to Play the Witch Role Mod in Among Us | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - February 9th, 2021
- Reanimation and Zombies: Discussion with author Frank Swain - WLNS - February 9th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Is Returning In a Unique Re-release From Aspyr Media - Happy Gamer - February 9th, 2021
- Author discussion to explore reanimation, zombies - The Hillsdale Daily News - February 9th, 2021
- Not Ready to Die: These 5 'zombie' cars were sold alongside their replacements - Driving - February 5th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy movie review: When the zombies attack Seema - The Hindu - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie comes back from the dead in March, achievements revealed - TrueAchievements - February 5th, 2021
- Prasanth Varma: Zombie Reddy doesnt make a joke out of zombies - The Indian Express - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Re-Release Launching in March | Game Rant - GameRant - February 5th, 2021
- Shang-Chi Finally Found the Cure for the Newest Kind of Marvel Zombie - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 5th, 2021
- Free-Roam VR Unleashed - The Source Weekly - February 5th, 2021
- Releasing Today: Zombie Attack On Box Office.. - Greatandhra.com - February 5th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE's New Album Was Completed A Couple Years Ago - Metal Injection - February 5th, 2021
- Zombie nation: Third of adults walking around in concussion-like daze due to stress, lack of sleep - Study Finds - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Achievements Listing Hints a Re-release in March - The Nerd Stash - February 5th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero