The spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead, Back 4 Blood, has a ton of different types of zombies for players to find and mercilessly shoot down.
Many fans and players of Valve's Left 4 Dead series were blessed with a proper trailer for Turtle Rock Studios' spiritual successor to the series, Back 4 Blood. This game will give a modern take on surviving with friends throughout campaigns while fighting off hordes of zombies.
Like with Left 4 Dead, players won't be fighting just ordinary zombies in Back 4 Blood. They will also be going up against a number of mutated zombies capable of using their new abilities to hunt for survivors far more aggressively. While it is entirely possible that not all of them have been officially announced, a number of these powerful zombies have already been shown off. Due toBack 4 Bloodstill being in itspre-alpha state, there are some special zombies that have been referred to with multiple names by different sources. It is also possible for the mechanics of these zombies to be changed around as development continues.
RELATED:How Back 4 Blood Can Surpass Left 4 Dead's Legacy
Hockers are mutated zombies with four arms that are capable of powerful agility as well as the ability to jump long distances and hang onto walls. The most chilling part of their abilities, however, are their ability to spit goo at survivors from a long range. When a survivor is hit with the goo, they will be pinned to the ground until they are freed by another survivor. They cannot defend themselves while in this state and are vulnerable to attacks from all kinds of zombies in the meantime.
Players in Back 4 Blood will be able to pick up if there is a Hocker nearby by the hearing loud coughing noises made by the creature, which will allow them to prepare for it to attack or to begin searching for it in order to put it down. Hockers don't have very much health, allowing them to be quickly dealt with if found early enough. They additionally have a weak spot in their chest due to that being the source of their goo.
Bruisers are very dangerous mutated zombies that parallel Left 4 Dead's chargers. They are outfitted with an extremely muscular right arm that can be used to slam into survivors, dealing massive amounts of damage. This attack will also knock back all survivors by several meters.
While its power is intimidating, survivors more often than not will have access to firearms in order to take Bruisers down from a distance, as it needs to be in close range in order to benefit from its abilities. Players can also shoot at its weak spot, which is on its right shoulder where the muscle mutations begin. After shooting at a Bruiser's weak point enough, the muscle arm will fall off and literally disarm the Bruiser, and players can then easily take the zombie down with much less overall risk.
Retches can be considered to be the unholy love children between Left 4 Dead's Boomer and Spitter special infected, and they are massive and bloated zombies that are capable of spitting corrosive acid in order to damage survivors. This acid, however, also attracts hordes of zombies to its location.While Retches can be compared to Boomers and Spitters, Retches are tougher to deal with than either of them. They have plenty of health, making survivors need to work together in order to take them down instead of taking them down in one shot.
RELATED:Back 4 Blood is Basically Left 4 Dead 3, and That's a Good Thing
Thanks to the imposing and large silhouettes of Retches, players will be able to see Retches from long distances. This means that unless players are in an indoor location with limited sight lines, players can start to whittle down the health of these creatures upon first sight.
Snitches are long-necked zombies without much combat capabilities or health. However, this doesn't mean that they aren't dangerous, as their main ability is to be able to alert a horde of zombies to the location of the survivors if it isn't killed quickly. The concept of Snitches came from a cut special infected from Left 4 Dead known as Screamers, but it has been reworked a bit for Back 4 Blood in order to make its concept work while also being relatively fair to players.
In-game, Snitches will only alert the horde over after being made aware of the survivors' presence. This means that players can sneak around this zombie if they don't want to kill it for some reason or they can take advantage of it to get a surprise kill.
The most powerful of all the mutated zombies is the Ogre. These zombies are 20 feet tall and play the role of level bosses in Back 4 Blood's first campaign. They are made of many different dead bodies, giving them large health pools. They can additionally restore their health in the middle of fights against survivors. While Ogres have a lot of power, they are also extremely slow. This means that there may be situations for players involving Ogres where it would be wiser to run away from them instead of even trying to fight them.
Players will need to be aware that Ogres are capable of throwing projectiles and breaking down obstacles that are in their way. They can also grab survivors within its reach in order to throw them. In order to get away from Ogres, players will need to get to small passageways that are too small for the Ogre to enter, so players will need to be careful to stay out of the reach of the Ogre even if they are in a place it cannot enter.
Common Infected are as their name suggests and are the most common type of zombiefound in Back 4 Blood. While they are normally weak, they gain power in groups and can overrun players if there are too many of them around.
The speed of Common Infected is determined at the beginning of each level by the corruption cards drawn by the Director. This means that they can moving as slow as a stereotypical zombie shamble to a full running sprint depending on how the cards are dealt.
Back 4 Bloodis set to release on June 22, 2021, for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
MORE:Back 4 Blood Gets Cinematic Trailer
Call of Duty: Warzone Player Shows Off Clever Ambush Strategy
Sam is a guide writer for GameRant, as well as an independent game designer. Sam loves horror games most of all when it comes to making and playing. She however plays games from all genres and loves playing games most when it's with friends and family. Readers can follow her on Twitter @IceWoodrick
See original here:
Every Type of Zombie in Back 4 Blood | Game Rant - GameRant
- Indias zombie home fund set to deliver thousands of apartments - The Real Deal - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie infection threat as country unlocks 50,000-year-old viruses - Yahoo News Australia - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie rises from his grave this March for PC via Steam - PC Invasion - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie Hit Train To Busan Is Getting A US Remake - GameSpot - February 20th, 2021
- Rob Zombie says the meat industrys future is unsustainable - NME.com - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs The Zombie In Rebel Without A Pulse - Yahoo Entertainment - February 20th, 2021
- Batista Wanted To Play A Zombie On The Walking Dead, Rejected For Being "Too Big" - Fightful - February 20th, 2021
- Dave Bautista told he was too big to play zombie on The Walking Dead - NME - February 17th, 2021
- Dave Bautista Offered To Play A Zombie For Free On The Walking Dead - Screen Rant - February 17th, 2021
- Is plurilateralism making the WTO an institutional zombie? - East Asia Forum - February 17th, 2021
- REVIEW: Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, Vol. 1 is a Comedic Zombie Apocalypse - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 17th, 2021
- Don't Eat Pete is a zombie survival game that's available now for Android in Early Access - Pocket Gamer - February 17th, 2021
- Call of Duty Warzone seems to be teasing Zombies - Gamesradar - February 17th, 2021
- James Gunn Weighs In On Whether Zombies Or Vampires Are More Dangerous - Looper - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead back on the march - Stuff.co.nz - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead Turned Dave Bautista Down for a Zombie Role - Superherohype.com - February 16th, 2021
- Army of the Dead Image Teases Zombie Heist Movie - /FILM - February 16th, 2021
- The Real Life Diet of Rob Zombie, Who Thinks Eating Vegan Is Metal - British GQ - February 16th, 2021
- Rob Zombie says veganism is about 'fighting the establishment' - Vegan Food and Living - February 16th, 2021
- The Next Generation of Marvel Zombies Is Already in the Marvel Universe - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 16th, 2021
- It Looks Like Zombies Are Coming To Warzone Season 2 | TheGamer - TheGamer - February 16th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE Explains Why He Went Vegan "It Is Anti-Establishment" - Metal Injection - February 14th, 2021
- Zombie Baseballs and MLBs Home Run Problem - The Wall Street Journal - February 14th, 2021
- Rob Zombie Thinks Eating Vegan Is Metal - GQ - February 14th, 2021
- This is what the DoD has planned for a zombie apocalypse - We Are The Mighty - February 14th, 2021
- 3 Cookbooks and guides to teach you how to survive during the eventual zombie apocalypse - Undead Walking - February 14th, 2021
- Call Of Duty Zombies: All Zombies Crews, Ranked - TheGamer - February 14th, 2021
- Tesla : Which is the best EV to own to survive a zombie apocalypse? - marketscreener.com - February 14th, 2021
- Here's How You Can Watch Every Season Of iZombie - Looper - February 14th, 2021
- What's The 1st Thing You'd Grab If Zombies Invaded Twin Falls? - kezj.com - February 14th, 2021
- Kennedy: Banks, communities need to collaborate on zombie property upkeep - The Daily Gazette - February 10th, 2021
- Zombies Attack Bend! [With Video] - The Source Weekly - February 10th, 2021
- Ten Zombie Comedies That Won't Rot Your Braaaaaaaains - tor.com - February 10th, 2021
- These Bulletproof Vehicles Are Perfect For Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse - HotCars - February 10th, 2021
- How a Left 4 Dead Remaster Could Revive the Zombie Shooter Genre - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 10th, 2021
- Rise of Barnegat Light's Zombie Whale; It Starts With Dead Bigfoots, the Devils - The SandPaper - February 10th, 2021
- The Senate should do everything it can to avoid a zombie impeachment trial - CNN - February 9th, 2021
- 8 Video Game Zombies That Break the Traditional Mold - Bloody Disgusting - February 9th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy Four Days Box Office Collection, Teja Sajja's Film Is Ruling The Box Office. - Sakshi Post - February 9th, 2021
- Colm O'Regan: The perfect Valentine's Day gift - a zombie plan for the one you love - Irish Examiner - February 9th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy Third Day Box Office Collection, Teja Sajja's Film Passes The Weekend On A Phenomenal Note - Sakshi Post - February 9th, 2021
- How to Play the Witch Role Mod in Among Us | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - February 9th, 2021
- Reanimation and Zombies: Discussion with author Frank Swain - WLNS - February 9th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Is Returning In a Unique Re-release From Aspyr Media - Happy Gamer - February 9th, 2021
- Author discussion to explore reanimation, zombies - The Hillsdale Daily News - February 9th, 2021
- Not Ready to Die: These 5 'zombie' cars were sold alongside their replacements - Driving - February 5th, 2021
- Zombie Reddy movie review: When the zombies attack Seema - The Hindu - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie comes back from the dead in March, achievements revealed - TrueAchievements - February 5th, 2021
- Prasanth Varma: Zombie Reddy doesnt make a joke out of zombies - The Indian Express - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Re-Release Launching in March | Game Rant - GameRant - February 5th, 2021
- Shang-Chi Finally Found the Cure for the Newest Kind of Marvel Zombie - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 5th, 2021
- Free-Roam VR Unleashed - The Source Weekly - February 5th, 2021
- Releasing Today: Zombie Attack On Box Office.. - Greatandhra.com - February 5th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE's New Album Was Completed A Couple Years Ago - Metal Injection - February 5th, 2021
- Zombie nation: Third of adults walking around in concussion-like daze due to stress, lack of sleep - Study Finds - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie Achievements Listing Hints a Re-release in March - The Nerd Stash - February 5th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse Re-Release Hinted - NoobFeed - February 5th, 2021
- Splunking the Zombie Apocalypse - Security Boulevard - February 4th, 2021
- The Last of Us Meets The Division In Zombie MMO The Day Before - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- Zombie-Bite Politics - The Dispatch - The Dispatch - February 4th, 2021
- World War Z & 9 More Of The Highest-Grossing Zombie Movies Of All Time - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- AOC's terrifying account of the Capitol siege: 'It almost felt like a zombie movie' - CNET - February 4th, 2021
- Korean Zombie says he hit rock bottom and gained over 40 lbs after loss to Brian Ortega - Bloody Elbow - February 4th, 2021
- Varun Tej heaps praise on Teja Sajja at Zombie Reddy pre-release event - Times of India - February 4th, 2021
- Cold War Zombies: How to Upgrade The D.I.E Shockwave - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE Releases New Single And Video 'The Eternal Struggles Of The Howling Man' | Scoop News - Scoop.co.nz - February 4th, 2021
- THE WALKING DEAD Season 10 "Ties that Bind" Trailer (2021) Zombie Horror - JoBlo.com - February 4th, 2021
- Feeding monopolies and zombies: Made in the USA: Socialism for the Rich. Capitalism for the Rest - The Times of India Blog - January 30th, 2021
- Hear Rob Zombie's Raucous New Song "The Eternal Struggles of the Howling Man" - Revolver Magazine - January 30th, 2021
- The Korean Zombie says he hit rock bottom and gained 20kgs following loss to Brian Ortega - BJPENN.COM - January 30th, 2021
- ROB ZOMBIE To Release A New Song This Friday - Metal Injection - January 30th, 2021
- The Day Before Is Basically The Division with Zombie-like Infected - Wccftech - January 30th, 2021
- USM Alumna's Novel Included on Best Fiction for Young Adults List - Southern Miss Now - January 30th, 2021
- Zombies and Neon Fury Star in Howie Lees Insane New Music Video - RADII - January 30th, 2021
- This $23 emergency radio is all you need to survive the zombie (or robot) apocalypse - CNET - January 25th, 2021
- The real zombie threat as the Arctic thaws and other climate briefs - Haaretz - January 25th, 2021
- When the zombies come, I will be ready - Rochelle News Leader - January 25th, 2021
- The information warriors fighting 'robot zombie army' of coronavirus sceptics - The Guardian - January 25th, 2021
- Tips To Survive An Infinite Number Of Rounds In Black Ops: Cold Wars Zombies Mode - TheGamer - January 25th, 2021
- Yungblud and Machine Gun Kelly tease zombie film-inspired 'Acting Like That' video - NME.com - January 25th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero