Stay on target with these Black Ops Cold War guides
Want to know the CoD: Cold War Zombies Easter egg steps? There's lots to do before you can even think about completing the mission, but I'm here to guide you through every step. Before we get started, I recommend working through this with a group of friends, even though it can be completed solo. Finding everything you need for the Easter egg is a long process, so make sure you're sitting comfortably.
From building the Cold War 'Pack-A-Punch' machine, to finding Wonder Weapons, the Die Maschine mission requires you to power through a long list of tasks, switching between the normal version of the world, and the Dark Aether. There are some story elements that are interesting to uncover, lots of backtracking, and countless opportunities to fail. I'm here to help you stay on track, so here's what you need to do to finish the Call of Duty: Cold War Zombies Easter egg.
Let's start at the beginning. After spawning in the Yard, take out the zombies to earn points, and head over to the locked (green) door. Unlock the door to the Nacht Der Untoten building for 500 points and head up the stairs. Run to the end of the Bedroom, towards the purple arrow, and plant an explosive for 1,000 points on the wall marked by the red cross on the left.
Make your way through the new doorway onto the Crash Site, running all the way to the end where you'll see another purple arrow painted on a rock. Part with 1250 points to plant an explosive and clear the obstruction.
Walk into Tunnel and head over to the doors on the left, where the Facility marker is. These doors will begin to open as you get closer to them. Clear the obstruction on the left side using 1500 points. Run through the new doorway, down the stairs, and unlock the locked door for 1500 points.
Turn on the power
Head to the Power marker and fork over 1750 points. Walk over to the big red button and press F to turn the power on. Now it's time to stabilise the Accelerator. Walk back down into the main part of the Particle Accelerator room and head to each of the Terminal markers. There's one on each side, but all you need to do is press F to activate each one. The surrounding terminals will turn green, and an anomaly will appear in the middle of the room, down a flight of steps.
Enter the Dark Aether
Ensure there are no zombies ambling around nearby and hold F to investigate the anomaly and enter the Dark Aether. After passing through a Doctor Who-esque sequence, you'll find yourself in the Dark Aether, which is a version of the same map with a heavy Stranger Things 'Upside-Down' vibe.
Run all the way back to the Aether Tunnel marker. There's an obstruction on the way, so make sure you have 1250 points handy to plant an explosive. Walk over to the Aether Tunnel and spend a further 500 points to travel to pass through. You'll be transported into a room containing a machine part. Press F to collect it, then turn around and head through the doorway towards the Machine marker.
You can reforge the machine by looking for the blue outline in the Particle Accelerator. The game forces you through another portal and you'll return to the normal version of the Particle Accelerator.
The 'Pack-A-Punch' machine lets you upgrade your weapons and equip ammo mods, but something this powerful comes with a hefty price tag. Here are the three Pack-A-Punch levels, and how much they cost:
It's time to take on some big green zombies. You'll be notified that there are high levels of radiation in your vicinity, which indicates that you're about to take on a Megaton. To save time later on, make your way to the Pond to take on this pest.
Keep your distance from the Megaton as much as possible, and look for the tree with the Mutated Fungus growing on it. Stand next to the tree to entice the Megaton to attack by hurling green liquid at you. Once it touches the tree it'll turn the fungus bright purple. While this doesn't mean much at the moment, it'll prove useful later.
Focus on eliminating the Megaton and it'll split into two parts to make the fight even tougher. Take out the Megaton Blaster and Megaton Bomber enemies with your weapon, but don't get too close to them as their radioactive attacks can kill you really quickly. Eliminate both to pick up the Keycard they drop.
Let's backtrack to the Weapons Lab again. Lookout for the Weapons Locker and insert the keycard to retrieve the D.I.E. Remote Control. With the remote safely in hand, make your way back to the building in the Yard, where you first spawned at the beginning of the mission.
Enter the building, but don't head up the stairs and out onto the Crash Site like you did before. This time around you need to find the Living Room on the ground floor. More specifically, you're looking for a hole in the wall that has a blue glow, opposite the stairs. To activate the D.I.E Machine, stand near the hole in the wall and press F. Try to do this while zombies are nearby as the machine will stop working and need to cool if you take too long.
Ready to slay some more zombies? Now that the machine is powered up, lure the zombies towards it so it can suck them up like a big vacuum cleaner. Once you're able to interact with the machine again, remove the device to access the doorway. Go ahead and grab the D.I.E Shockwave Wonder Weapon from the skeleton, you've earned it.
Let's take another trip into the Dark Aether. This time, we're on the hunt for three Aetherscope Parts. The order in which these parts appear is different each time, but the locations are always the same:
In the Particle Accelerator, use the crafting table in the middle of the room to build the Aetherscope.
There's more Dark Aether travelling to do, so let's keep going. Head to the Medical Bay and hold F to enter via the anomaly. Check the room with the computer terminal on the desk and pick up Doctor Vogel's Diary. Walk down the stairs, and under that room you'll discover a blue anomaly. Press F to interact with the anomaly to reveal a 'spectral reflection'. Tap F once more to give it the diary.
Next up is the Control Room. Look for another blue anomaly and repeat the same process to give the figure the diary. There's one more stop, so let's retrace our steps to the crafting table in the Particle Accelerator. Repeat the process a third time and hand the diary over. Exit the Dark Aether and go to the Medical Bay to enter the password on the PC.
Back in the building where you found the Wonder Weapon, walk up the stairs and up the slope to the Penthouse. Shoot the box perched on the edge and pick up the Empty Flask. While you're up here, you can also collect another important item. Run to the other side of the Penthouse and look for the Empty Canister in the corner. It's out of reach, so use your Wonder Weapon to drag it towards you.
Drop down into the Pond and return to the Mutated Fungus tree. It prompts you to collect cryogenic liquid, so press F to add this to your Empty Flask. Take the flask to the Medical Bay and look for the weapon crate. Pour the cryogenic liquid over it to switch to the D.I.E. Cryo-Emitter.
D.I.E. Nova 5
Make tracks to the Weapons Lab, drop down onto the lower level, and place the Empty Canister in the machine on the wall. Be ready to take on a Plaguehound, and make sure you kill it close to the canister, so it fills up with Plaguehound Gas. Take the item to the Crash Site and place it on top of the overgrown weapon crate opposite the crashed plane. Melee the item to switch to the D.I.E. Nova-5.
Take a trip to the Dark Aether by paying the Particle Accelerator another visit. There are three crystals to find, and you need to use the D.I.E. Shockwave to extract them, but you need to make three separate trips as you can't carry them all at once. Here's where you can find each crystal:
Discharge each crystal into a crate in the corner on the lowest level of the Particle Accelerator. After all three have been discharged, open the Weapons Crate to switch to the D.I.E. Electrobolt.
Go to the Pond, enter the Dark Aether, and head to the Crash Site. Shoot the grey box on the floor (under the plane) to pick up the Fuse. Now head back to the Weapons Lab to insert the Fuse into the Plasma Cutter machine. After leaving the Dark Aether, return to the Pond and look for the weapon crate perched on the truck. Open it to switch to the D.I.E. Thermophasic.
In the Medical Bay, shoot the large device hanging from the ceiling, using all four D.I.E wonder weapon upgrades. There are four attachments on it so you'll know once you've successfully hit all of them.
Walk through the doorway to enter the Dark Aether and then run up the stairs to find a blue anomaly. You'll see two soldiers, similar to the spectral reflections we encountered earlier. After returning to the normal version of the map, search the Medical Bay to find the Dark Aether Wrench.
Run to the Yard and stand near the tank. Use the Dark Aether Wrench and this will encourage a zombie to try to climb out of it. Kill the zombie, and throw a grenade to break the door on the top of the vehicle. The tank proceeds to damage a tree in the Crash Site, which is where we need to go next. Search the floor for the Decontamination Agent at the Crash Site. Be wary of nearby zombies and Plaguehounds, and take the item to the Medical Bay. You can now place it in the small box outside the room with the computer.
Remain in the Medical Bay and continue popping zombie skulls until you encounter another Megaton. Kill it so that it splits into its Blaster and Bomber halves, then position them under the device on the ceiling so they're sucked into the container. You're now ready to head to the computer to initiate the purification process.
Take care of the enemies you run into, and head back to the Living Room in the Nacht Der Untoten building to enter the Dark Aether. Walk into the Omega Outpost room to find a blue anomaly. Speak to Orlov and, once you're back in the normal world, pick up the Orlov Family Photo to trigger a final fight.
It's worth noting that you should buy tactical, lethal, and support items from the nearby crafting table before interacting with the photograph. Spend a couple of minutes spending your points on upgrades to ensure you're fully prepared for the fight ahead.
You're now standing in the Particle Accelerator with Orlov. Your mission is simple: Protect Orlov for three waves. However, the upcoming waves of enemies will include regular zombies, heavy zombies, Megatons, and Plaguehounds. Remember to use your wonder weapon to keep the undead at bay. Most people prefer to use the D.I.E. Electrobolt upgrade as it's the most powerful and efficient way to complete the fight.
Go to the Exfil Site
After you've battled through those waves of zombies, you need to leave the facility as quickly as possible. The best route is through the Weapons Lab and out through the Tunnel to access the Exfil Site at the Pond. Stay away from the blue beams along the way as these can kill you. Head to safety when the helicopter arrives to complete the Easter egg.
Go here to see the original:
How to get the Call of Duty: Cold War Zombies Easter egg - PC Gamer
- This $23 emergency radio is all you need to survive the zombie (or robot) apocalypse - CNET - January 25th, 2021
- The real zombie threat as the Arctic thaws and other climate briefs - Haaretz - January 25th, 2021
- When the zombies come, I will be ready - Rochelle News Leader - January 25th, 2021
- The information warriors fighting 'robot zombie army' of coronavirus sceptics - The Guardian - January 25th, 2021
- Tips To Survive An Infinite Number Of Rounds In Black Ops: Cold Wars Zombies Mode - TheGamer - January 25th, 2021
- Yungblud and Machine Gun Kelly tease zombie film-inspired 'Acting Like That' video - NME.com - January 25th, 2021
- MGK, YUNGBLUD & Travis Barker "acting like that" l - Alternative Press - January 25th, 2021
- Rob Zombies John 5 Reveals Epic Stories While Recalling The First Time He Heard Rush - MetalCastle - January 25th, 2021
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies: 5 Boss Zombies That Need To Return (And 5 That Don't) - TheGamer - January 25th, 2021
- Why you stand a better chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse in Stoke-on-Trent than other parts of UK - Stoke-on-Trent Live - January 25th, 2021
- Call of Duty BOCW: Best Weapons and Loadouts for Zombies - EssentiallySports - January 25th, 2021
- I know just where to be when the zombie apocalypse hits - The Ogle County Life - January 22nd, 2021
- Nicollet Ave. project: a zombie streetcar and pot of Minneapolis money that nobody wants to talk about - MinnPost - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie apocalypse map shows the best place to be in UK if the dead rose - Daily Express - January 22nd, 2021
- How The Day Of The Dead TV Show Can Best Connect To Romero's Zombie Movies - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- The Walking Dead: Does The Zombie Apocalypse Ever End? - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Editorial: County GOP's zombie idea marches on - The Island Now - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie law: Sec 66As curious afterlife makes the case for police independence and legal literacy - The Times of India Blog - January 22nd, 2021
- Army Of The Dead: 8 Quick Things We Know About Zack Snyders Movie - CinemaBlend - January 22nd, 2021
- Death of the 'zombie' pipeline and calling out white supremacy in politics - APTN News - January 22nd, 2021
- Survive a zombie apocalypse while you get revenge on your cheating husband! - Gamasutra - January 22nd, 2021
- The Devil's Rejects: All 4 Movies That Inspired Rob Zombie Explained - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Lyra pays tribute to Dolores O'Riordan with beautiful cover of 'Zombie' on The Late Late Show - Irish Post - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie cells and flu fighters - McGill Reporter - McGill Reporter - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie film fans better equipped to deal with Covid-19 pandemic, shows study - The Financial Express - January 22nd, 2021
- Isolated in Pandemic: Is Zombie Terror a copy of #Alive? Or the opposite? Understand! - Designer Women - January 22nd, 2021
- Day of the Dead Show Confirmed To Connect To Original Movie - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- The Devil's Rejects: What Happened To The Firefly Family's Ranch Location - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Erick the Architect of Flatbush Zombies talks 'Future Proof': [it] isn't just an EP or album title - Brooklyn Vegan - January 22nd, 2021
- NZ's "zombie" companies in trouble - New Zealand Herald - January 22nd, 2021
- Explained: How zombie films may have prepared fans for Covid-19 pandemic - The Indian Express - January 15th, 2021
- Rob Zombie and AC/DC finally find their way onto 'Jeopardy!' - WAAF - January 15th, 2021
- The 10 best and worst cities to survive a zombie apocalypse revealed - The Sun - January 15th, 2021
- Zombie Capitalism Feeding On Death And Debt Lurches Into Fascism And Default Bomb - Scoop.co.nz - January 15th, 2021
- Zendaya, zombies and asteroids: The best new films coming to Netflix in 2021 - CBC.ca - January 15th, 2021
- How The Zombie Apocalypse Prepares You For The COVID-19 Pandemic - American Council on Science and Health - January 15th, 2021
- Magic: The Gathering - Kaldheim's Necromancy Cards Are INTENSE - CBR - Comic Book Resources - January 15th, 2021
- Did Watching All Those Zombie Movies Prepare You For The Pandemic? Research Says Yes! - Forbes - January 12th, 2021
- Zombies Could Stunt the Bank Recovery - The Wall Street Journal - January 12th, 2021
- The Walking Dead: Earth's Safest City Has Mastered The Zombie Apocalypse - Screen Rant - January 12th, 2021
- US Zombie Companies Are Now $2.6 Trillion in Debt. What Does That Mean for Investors? - Motley Fool - January 12th, 2021
- Brave History January 12th, 2021 - APRIL WINE, DEEP PURPLE, ROB ZOMBIE, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, LED ZEPPELIN, MERCENARY, THE BLACK CROWES, ICED... - January 12th, 2021
- How dealing with a zombie pandemic taught my students to think fast and think ethically - CEOWORLD magazine - January 12th, 2021
- Good News: Wyoming a Great Place to Survive Zombie Apocalypse - laramielive.com - January 9th, 2021
- Best Zombie Anime You Need to Stream Right Now - OtakuKart - OtakuKart - January 9th, 2021
- Zombie Apocalypse 2021? Some Twitter users think Nostradamus predicted Russian scientists will cause a plague of the undead - Monsters and Critics - January 3rd, 2021
- Prabhas to unveil trailer of upcoming Telegu film Zombie Reddy on January 2 - Republic World - January 3rd, 2021
- Discover What It Means To Be A Zombie In Adventure Game Surviving The Humans - TheGamer - December 31st, 2020
- Resident Evil Reboot Promo Art Reveals First Look At Zombie As Filming Wraps - We Got This Covered - December 31st, 2020
- Rob Zombie Appears on Cover of New Revolver Issue | Revolver - Revolver Magazine - December 31st, 2020
- Mahesh Babu and Ranveer Singh Fight off Zombies in Viral Video - News18 - December 31st, 2020
- SNP accuses UK Govt of wasting millions of taxpayer pounds on 'zombie' Scotland Office - HeraldScotland - December 31st, 2020
- Wolves could hold the key to preventing 'zombie' disease threatening US deer populations - Telegraph.co.uk - December 31st, 2020
- Rob Zombie, Ghostemane and Poppy Appear on Covers of New Revolver Issue - Revolver Magazine - December 31st, 2020
- 'Zombie' greenhouse gas lurks in permafrost beneath the Arctic Ocean - Livescience.com - December 26th, 2020
- Abadon turned into a zombie and took a bite out of Hikaru Shida - Cageside Seats - December 26th, 2020
- Millions of mink infected with coronavirus to be BURNED after 'ZOMBIE uprising' from grave - Daily Express - December 26th, 2020
- The Dead Rise Once Again With New Marvel Zombies Pops From Funko - Bleeding Cool News - December 26th, 2020
- Resident Evil Reboot Original Video Game Zombie Revealed as Filming Wraps - MovieWeb - December 26th, 2020
- Anna and the Apocalypse: Every Song Ranked From Worst To Best - Screen Rant - December 26th, 2020
- Monroe County ordered to absorb the cost related to zombie homes in towns - RochesterFirst - December 26th, 2020
- Fear The Walking Dead mystery: Who is patient zero? - Undead Walking - December 26th, 2020
- Im worried that Hikaru Shida is turning into a zombie after being bitten by Abadon - Cageside Seats - December 26th, 2020
- The zombie comedy you need to watch on HBO Max - Looper - December 26th, 2020
- Call of Duty Zombies: The 5 Best Easter Eggs (& 5 Of The Worst) - TheGamer - December 26th, 2020
- Every Type of Zombie in Back 4 Blood | Game Rant - GameRant - December 22nd, 2020
- Holidays, celebrities and the zombie apocalypse - Washington Times - December 22nd, 2020
- Army of the Dead Prequel Cast Revealed by Zack Snyder in Set Photo - Collider - December 22nd, 2020
- 'Zombie Campaigns' Continue To Accrue Money, Years After Congressional Candidates Have Stopped Running - KJZZ - December 22nd, 2020
- Don't Wait to Wind Down 'Zombie' Subsidiaries - CFO - December 22nd, 2020
- Marvel Zombies & 9 Other Timelines Where Everything Went Wrong - CBR - Comic Book Resources - December 22nd, 2020
- JOEY DIABOLIC Releases Cover Of WHITE ZOMBIE's "Creature Of The Wheel" - bravewords.com - December 22nd, 2020
- South Koreas Zombie Companies Are Scarier Than the Movies - The Wall Street Journal - December 21st, 2020
- Will the Fed Ever Stop Propping Up Zombie Companies? - Yahoo Finance - December 21st, 2020
- Gangsters are PAID taxpayer cash to hand over weapons like zombie knives - Express - December 21st, 2020
- Newly discovered fungi turn flies into zombies and devour them from the inside out - Livescience.com - December 19th, 2020
- Zombie apocalypse simulation model indicates where we should hide. - The UBJ - December 19th, 2020
- BACK 4 BLOOD First Impression: Returning To Zombies With Originality - GameTyrant - December 19th, 2020
- New Zealand's highest court find that zombies do exist in New Zealand after all - Lexology - December 19th, 2020
- Fear not the zombie companies; focus on dealing with them - The Business Times - December 19th, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero