What will the Biden Administration do to save our children from the disease-spreading, right-wing zombie death cult?
This week, we started to find out.
On Monday, the U.S. Department of Education opened civil-rights investigations into five statesIowa, South Carolina, Utah, Oklahoma, and Tennesseethat are banning local school districts from imposing mask mandates. They are relying on two federal laws: the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which protects students with a disability from discrimination and guarantees them a right to a free education, and Title II of the Americans With Disabilities Act, which prohibits disability discrimination by public education systems. The states could be found in violation of federal law if the investigation finds that students with disabilities who are at heightened risk for severe illness from COVID-19 are prevented from safely returning to in-person education.
The penalties include loss of federal fundingor the school can simply agree to change its policies, which in this case would be choosing life by requiring masking and vaccination for school employees.
These students with heightened risk of illness include my 5-year-old daughter Nusayba, a Stage 4 cancer survivor who is immuno-suppressed due to her liver transplant. I recently wrote about how we were desperately trying to get her into virtual school, along with her brother, Ibrahim, who just turned 7. Thankfully, they were both admitted, and now Im at home doing tech support until 3:30 p.m., but at least I know they are safe.
Meanwhile, theres already been one COVID case on the second day of school. And their school is far from the worst of it. Thanks to the GOPs multi-pronged and coordinated attack on masks, social distancing, and vaccines at schools, Delta is still thriving and there have been massive outbreaks at schools across the country.
A medical professional oversees as a fifth-grader gives himself a rapid COVID-19 test on the first day of school at Montara Avenue Elementary School in Los Angeles.
Allen J. Schaben / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images
This isnt a both sides problem. Of the 10 states with the most COVID-19 cases per capita, as of Wednesday, nine of them were led by Republican governorssurprise!and voted for Trump in 2020, as The New York Times reported. Meanwhile, 16 Democratic states have statewide mask requirements for schools. Tennessee, one of the five states being sued, just set a new record for COVID hospitalizations, and previously moved to cut off all vaccine outreach to students and young adults.
Now, thousands of its school-aged kids have COVID-19 with no end in sight. Some school districts in the United States are even leaving it up to parents to decide if they will quarantine their exposed child or send the child to school to spread the disease to other unvaccinated children.
Meanwhile, conservative radio hosts and influencers who peddled anti-vax misinformation are winning Darwin Awards and dying weekly from the coronavirus.
However, this doesnt stop the right-wing hate machine. Onward they persist with their nihilistic, counter-majoritarian death march.
Republicans, such as those in Texas, believe they have the freedom to infect their kid and your kids with coronavirus, but women shouldnt have the freedom to control their own bodies. Other conservative activists believe freedom means harassing and threatening school boards, intimidating health care workers, and spreading the dangerous QAnon conspiracy theory, which is now a domestic terror threat. Among other things, some suggest that anyone who believes in vaccines and mask mandates in schools is actually a demonic entity and bears the mark of the beast. Thats what Melissa, an alleged nurse from Lee County, Florida, recently said at a school-board meeting where she said that Christians around America will take them all out, referring to anyone who opposed her pro-death initiatives to spread COVID-19.
People protest the North Allegheny School Districts mask mandate.
Youd think shes a kooky outlier, a walking punchline. But shes an ordinary rank-and-file soldier in this death movement that is holding our childrens safety hostage to advance their culture war. They arent the American Taliban or enforcing Sharia, and we should stop using Islam and Muslims as the benchmark for extremism. They are agents of White Christian Supremacy hellbent on ensuring minority rule for white men by any violent means necessary.
Our kids are simply the bait and collateral damage.
Steve Lynch, a Republican running for Northampton County executive in Pennsylvania, is an anti-masker encouraging violence against school boards unwilling to submit to his anti-masking belligerence. On Aug. 29, he said, You go in and you remove em. Im going in there with 20 strong men They can leave or be removed.
In Buncombe County, North Carolina, anti-maskers tried to overthrow the school board, encouraged in part by Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who fought a tree and lost, and continued rehabilitating the imprisoned violent insurrectionists of Jan. 6 at a recent rally by referring to them as political hostages. He said hes working on busting them out, and he also seemed to call for another riot, despite this past one effectively killing five people, including a police officer, and being followed by law-enforcement suicides. He urged the Macon County Republicans to defend their children from harmful vaccines.
One of my lovely fans emailed me this week to warn me that violence will spill out into the streets and there [are] 100 million Americans waiting for the day. I dont foresee any Army coming to the rescue of the voices such as yourself who spin a web of lies and hateful rhetoric.
He used his full name and email address. Theres no need to hide in the shadows and wear the hoods when your elected officials and your God-King, Trump, openly incite potential violence and criminality.
A teacher holds up a sign protesting Floridas decision to open schools last summer.
Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel/Tribune News Service via Getty
They are deliberately using threats of violence to terrorize the majority and have us cede ground. It seems to be working, as school-board members are stepping down across the country, unwilling to tolerate the toxic and impossible environment.
Were dealing with a potential criminal element, and might need to flex with more than the Education Department and broad vaccine mandates to save our kids. I asked former career federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner if the Department of Justice could step in with a criminal investigation if theres evidence that these GOP-led state governments are actually harming children.
I happen to believe that, because education is primarily a local issue, that local and state prosecutorial authorities should be evaluating whether the state governors and governments are recklessly and criminally endangering our children, Kirschner told me, holding Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as a prime example.
He believes DeSantis mask bans in Florida school districts might give prosecutors enough evidence to initiate a criminal investigation. He cited the recent Florida judge who overturned the recent mask ban and sided with parents whose lawsuit alleges, in part, that the policy violates the state constitution that requires providing a uniform, efficient, safe, secure and high quality system of public schools.
I cannot understand why our prosecutorial authoritiesfederal, state, and localseem to have concluded that we shouldnt try to hold elected politicians accountable for killing the citizenry, Kirschner added.
It is still possible that the Department of Education is introducing the carrot before the Department of Justice unleashes the stick. From my eyes, these GOP leaders are helping to actively kill people and harm children with their pro-death policies. That should immediately warrant criminal investigations and liability for causing avoidable COVID deaths.
The rest of us, the majority, need to stand our ground against this belligerent minority for the sake of our childrens safety and public health.
We cant both sides or seek a bipartisan solution with a pro-death movement. Enough.
See original here:
It's Time to Put the Right-Wing Zombie Death Cult on Trial - Daily Beast
- Zombie Infection Simulation - The Original - kevan - August 14th, 2022
- Why the Fed is to blame for the boom in zombie companies - Financial Times - August 14th, 2022
- A TikTok Hoax Has People Convinced There's Zombies in China - Distractify - August 14th, 2022
- Tales of the Walking Dead an anthology of zombie apocalypse survivor tales - Boston Herald - August 14th, 2022
- The Walking Dead Season 11 Part 3 Will Finally Address Series Smart Zombies - Game Revolution - August 14th, 2022
- James Gunn Reminds Fan That He Already Made a Zombie Movie - We Got This Covered - August 14th, 2022
- Review: A zombie movie in vampire's clothing, Netflix's Day Shift is a nightmare - The Globe and Mail - August 14th, 2022
- How The Thames, Once a 'Zombie River,' Was Brought Back to Life - Atlas Obscura - August 14th, 2022
- The Future of 'The Walking Dead' Universe Will Be Characterized By a New Zombie Variant - Pajiba Entertainment News - August 14th, 2022
- Inside the abandoned 'zombie like' cottage left untouched since a heartbreaking tragedy - The Mirror - August 14th, 2022
- Time traveller from 2906 claims world will face a plague of zombie pigs later this year - Daily Star - August 14th, 2022
- Tearful Martin Lewis slams 'zombie' Government for crisis as bad as pandemic - Wales Online - August 14th, 2022
- The "zombie" Government: How the UK Leadership Contest and Inertia in Boris Johnson's ... - Latest Tweet by - LatestLY - August 14th, 2022
- Lauren Boebert talks monkeypox and "zombie Reagan" on BlazeTV - Salon - August 6th, 2022
- The Zombie of Recession Died Today - TheStranger.com - August 6th, 2022
- Nonstop Action Drives Korean Zombie Thriller Carter to Badass Heights - Paste Magazine - August 6th, 2022
- LifeAfter: Sea of Zombie launches next week, taking players on a new adventure in search of the Pureland - Pocket Gamer - August 6th, 2022
- As We Know It: Everything We Know So Far About The Nuclear Zombie Apocalypse Movie - /Film - August 6th, 2022
- Steve Vai reveals the pedals he couldn't live without, zombie apocalypse or no zombie apocalypse - MusicRadar - August 6th, 2022
- REVIEW: Rob Zombie Invades Camden with The Freaks On Parade Tour - wmmr.com - August 6th, 2022
- Mobile laser tag (and zombies) is coming to Hattiesburg - HubcitySPOKES.com - August 6th, 2022
- Pam Grier, 30 Rocks Chris Parnell and Project X Star Oliver Cooper to Lead Zombie Apocalypse Movie As We Know It (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety - August 6th, 2022
- Tales of the Walking Dead Jumps 35 Years Into the Future - Post Apocalyptic Media - August 6th, 2022
- This gay-hating GOP nominee once worked for Rosie O'Donnell and starred in a zombie golden shower film - Queerty - August 6th, 2022
- Walking Dead Isle of the Dead Filming Holmdel East Rutherford NJ - 943thepoint.com - August 6th, 2022
- Crowd of teens and man 'arrested with knife' moments boy, 15, stabbed to death - My London - August 6th, 2022
- Hear 2 Tracks From Rob Zombie's 'Munsters' Soundtrack Right Now - Loudwire - July 28th, 2022
- Tales of the Walking Dead Revisits Zombie Outbreak in Atlanta 2010 - ComicBook.com - July 28th, 2022
- Warzone zombies rise again in season four update - PCGamesN - July 28th, 2022
- This Horrifying Zombie Fungus Forces Males to Mate With The Dead. Now We Know How - ScienceAlert - July 28th, 2022
- When is Rob Zombies The Munsters coming to Netflix? - 1428 Elm - July 28th, 2022
- The Walking Dead Bosses Explain the Return of the "Smart Zombie" Twist in Final Season Trailer - FanFest News - July 28th, 2022
- My Turn: How to be angry at zombie politicians - The Recorder - July 28th, 2022
- Where to Watch and Stream Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse Free Online - EpicStream - July 28th, 2022
- Call of Duty: Vanguard's zombie mode is free this week - For The Win - July 20th, 2022
- Rob Zombie's Munsters Movie Hits Netflix This September - GameSpot - July 20th, 2022
- Zombie Army 4 Update 1.48 Out This July 19 (Update) - MP1st - July 20th, 2022
- Zombie fungus draws in flies to mate with the dead - ZME Science - July 20th, 2022
- Syracuses Run of the Dead canceled after 10 years; zombie walk still staggering on - syracuse.com - July 20th, 2022
- Cells become zombies when the ends of their chromosomes are damaged a tactic both helpful and harmful for health - The Conversation Indonesia - July 20th, 2022
- This Scottish stadium hamburger is a zombie on a bun - SB Nation - July 20th, 2022
- Who is the voice of the alien Mothership in Zombies 3? - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - July 20th, 2022
- 'ZOMBIES: The Re-Animated Series': How to Watch, Cast, More - J-14 - July 20th, 2022
- Rob Zombie's Reboot of The Munsters to Debut on Netflix This Fall - Ghost Cult Magazine - July 20th, 2022
- Build Back Better Gets the Zombie Treatment - The Dispatch - July 12th, 2022
- 'Valley Of The Dead' Ending, Explained: Does Jan Lozano Save The World From A Zombie Takeover? | DMT - DMT - July 12th, 2022
- Disney World, Disneyland Welcome a Zombie Invasion - TheStreet - July 12th, 2022
- Of RINOs, DINOs and the zombie ant apocalypse - The Hill - July 12th, 2022
- Zombie practice: The mistake youre making thats hurting your game - Golf.com - July 12th, 2022
- Killing Floor 2 is still one of the most satisfying zombie shooters, and it's free on the Epic Games Store - VG247 - July 12th, 2022
- WARGASM Take on the Elite in Zombie-Themed "Fukstar" Music Video - Bloody Disgusting - July 12th, 2022
- Uber Pool Is a Zombie - The Atlantic - July 12th, 2022
- History of Zombies - Origins, Pop Culture & Film - HISTORY - July 4th, 2022
- Zombie (Plants vs. Zombies) | Plants vs. Zombies Wiki | Fandom - July 4th, 2022
- Zombie Army 4: the making of an 'impossible' Switch conversion - Eurogamer.net - July 4th, 2022
- The Movies And Shows That Kickstarted Rob Zombie's Love Of The Horror Genre - /Film - July 4th, 2022
- Meet the 'zombie star' that survived a supernova blast - Reuters.com - July 4th, 2022
- Zombies of the Slaughterhouse - JSTOR Daily - July 4th, 2022
- Zelda Williams is directing a "bonkers" zombie comedy and Diablo Cody is writing it - The A.V. Club - July 4th, 2022
- Where to Watch and Stream ZOMBIES Free Online - EpicStream - July 4th, 2022
- The Last Fortress: Underground Is A Life Simulator Home Management Sim Set In The Zombie Apocalypse - GameSpot - July 4th, 2022
- Review: Drunken Fist 2: Zombie Hangover - Movies Games and Tech - June 23rd, 2022
- Zombie property to be demolished in Rotterdam Junction - NEWS10 ABC - June 23rd, 2022
- How refactoring code in Safari's WebKit resurrected 'zombie' security bug - The Register - June 23rd, 2022
- East Idaho Eats: New zombie-themed food truck brings authentic Cubano, other sandwiches to Pocatello - East Idaho News - June 23rd, 2022
- Why Rob Zombie Won't Watch House Of 1,000 Corpses Anymore - /Film - June 23rd, 2022
- Will We Have an IE Zombie Movie? - CDOTrends - June 23rd, 2022
- Where to Watch and Stream Zombie Massacre Free Online - EpicStream - June 23rd, 2022
- Weekend Whipper: Near Ground Fall on the Famous "Zombie Roof" 5.12d Trad - Climbing Magazine - June 23rd, 2022
- Zombies return to Warzone with Season 4s Rebirth of the Dead mode - CharlieINTEL.com - June 23rd, 2022
- City near Wiltshire in 'unluckiest places' to live in a zombie apocalypse - Wiltshire Times - June 23rd, 2022
- In the Event of a Zombie Apocalypse': What's in the Fine Print You're Signing? - NBC San Diego - June 23rd, 2022
- County Durham beach named one of the UK's weirdest due to 'zombies' - Chronicle Live - June 23rd, 2022
- Review: LAND OF THE DEAD - FANGORIA - June 23rd, 2022
- Moon Knight and an Avenger Are in a Race Against an Army of Zombie Moon Knights (Exclusive) - ComicBook.com - June 23rd, 2022
- Here Are The Lyrics To 'First Kill's Theme, "The Zombie Song" - Elite Daily - June 14th, 2022
- BTS in a Zombie Apocalpyse How Fans Think These Idols Would React - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - June 14th, 2022
- 'Unhuman' review: A vibrant zombie feature that tries to offer more than just clichs - People's World - June 14th, 2022
- This Is the Best Zombie Movie of All Time, According to Data - 24/7 Wall St. - June 14th, 2022
- Two arrested as drugs and 'zombie' knife seized during raid - Liverpool Echo - June 14th, 2022
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero