October is here, which means that most games are getting some super spooky events to help you get into the season. Unfortunately, there are no live events for Fallout 4, which is why we need mods. In this list, Ive compiled some of the best Halloween Fallout 4 mods around. These should help make your game scarier and way more suitable for October gaming.
These Halloween Fallout 4 mods are overhauls to the entire game in some way. Not all of them pack in big scares, but they do add a spooky atmosphere that you wont soon forget.
This mod is exactly what it sounds like. It makes the nights in Fallout 4 a little bit darker, but not a lot at least not initially. While playing, youll notice that the nights definitely get darker, to the point where youll need to check the time on your Pip-Boy if youre indoors. Interiors are also much darker, making it easier for enemies to lurk just out of sight and scare the living daylights out of you. There are seven levels of darkness to choose between, but any of them will serve to make the game spookier.
This is not a mod for the faint of heart. As the name might suggest, its a Silent Hill overhaul mod for Fallout 4. This adds in a bunch of different fog types for you to fill the Wasteland with. They range from slightly obscuring the distance to making it impossible to see whats five meters in front of your face.
Thats not all, though. Every now and then, when day turns to night, theres a chance that youll hear those telltale sirens and be sucked into the otherworld. You can tweak this to make it happen every time the sun goes down, or just 5% of the time, making it incredibly scary when it does happen. Once youre in the otherworld, waves of zombie enemies are going to attack you. Were not talking about a few enemies here. I mean dozens, and theyre highly aggressive. This mod is great for a fresh playthrough in general, but its more than perfect for Halloween.
Dont laugh; this is a genuinely scary mod. The vanilla Fallout 4 door noises are normal and boring. This mod makes all the doors squeak like youre trying to avoid Jack Baker in Resident Evil 7, and hes never heard of WD-40. When youre exploring interiors, enemies will use doors regardless of whether they know youre there or not. This makes exploring so much more intense, and really adds to that feeling of horror.
This is one of the most popular Fallout 4 mods out there. It transforms the Commonwealth into a spooky world where the weather is always dreary, and any hopeful music is just gone. Instead, theres a lot more gray, silence, and tense horror soundtrack tropes such as someone plucking a violin. It might not sound like much, but it really is horrifying.
Part of what made the original Fallout games so good was their atmosphere. While sometimes it was intense and empowering, it could also be desolate and lonely. This mod takes the more depressing and terrifying tunes and brings them into Fallout 4. It gives the world much more of a sense of decimation, and makes every encounter feel more strained and desperate as a result.
This is a straightforward yet effective mod. It changes the voice of every Synth to sound like the devil himself is speaking through them. Youll never be more terrified than when youre fighting one of them now.
This is another straightforward mod. It applies new looks to all of the mannequins in Fallout 4, and itll make you realize just how many of them there are. Each one has a new look, and theyre genuinely unsettling.
This is the only quest mod we have on this Halloween Fallout 4 mods list. It adds in a unique location for you to explore, full of scares and spooks. While its short, it does explore a totally new story that you wont have come across before. Any mod that manages to do that with Fallout 4 is alright in my book. Its fully voiced, and that voice work is really well done, so its worth it just as a new quest mod.
I believe one of the best ways to spice up games like Fallout 4 is to put certain restrictions on yourself. This can be in terms of weapons used or just your character build. These mods take the option to cheat away though, permanently restricting you in some way. Hopefully, thats scary to you, because it certainly is to me.
Outside of this Halloween Fallout 4 mods list, Immersive HUD is fantastic. It removes the crosshair, your compass, and pretty much every other element of the HUD. You can configure it to show certain elements, such as ammo. Still, on the whole its just a great way to make it impossible to lean on the knowledge thats just readily available in vanilla Fallout 4. Configuring it only to show your health when its below 10%, for example, is enough to make anyone scared.
You know how Fallout 4 usually pauses when youre in your Pip-Boy? Well, now the game wont pause then, or any other time it usually does. It removes the breathing space you usually have in the game when things get heated. When you turn off pausing in the pause menu as well, you really will learn to scan the horizon for any possible enemies.
We all know that Halloween isnt complete without zombies. Each of these mods works to put those undead monsters into Fallout 4, making your life as uncomfortable as possible while youre playing.
This Halloween Fallout 4 mod should be used in combination with a few others to make the world truly terrifying. It adds groups of zombie walkers around the Commonwealth, which youll stumble upon as you play. These zombies will shamble after you, sprinting when theyre nearby. Seeing 20 or so of these guys should make you scream. The zombies will kill other enemies and feed on them, and you can change the settings so that they pass on an infection. You could tweak this so that all fallen enemies rise as undead, or just those who were killed by zombies. Theres even a setting to make all zombies only die from headshots. To top it off, you can enable a base attack mechanic, just in case you thought the base building was too safe.
Since most zombie mods involve retexturing feral ghouls, this mod tweaks that enemy type specifically. It enhances feral ghouls at night, giving them a bonus to damage and perception, making them much tougher enemies when the sun goes down. Using this mod together with Zombie Walkers and Darker Nights is the perfect way to spend Halloween.
While some mods in this list really do make Fallout 4 much more terrifying, they dont go all the way. Feral ghouls will still sound like they should. Terrifyer Ghouls is just about making feral ghouls sound like zombies, and its disgusting. Itll make you run away from every encounter with them as well.
These guys arent officially zombies, but neither are feral ghouls. What this mod does is add in two new types of enemies. One is a new ghoul, and the other is a new type of bear. Both of them are textured completely black dark as night. They also only spawn at night. See where this is going? You cant see these enemies coming, which is hellish because they have enhanced stats across the board. Theyre faster, more lethal, and generally a lot more unpleasant to fight if youre out on your own. As soon as the sun comes up, theyll retreat. If nothing else, this mod makes you appreciate your bases more.
Technically this is another one for the Overhaul section of this Halloween Fallout 4 mods list, but its also all about zombies. What this mod is on a fundamental level is Call of Duty: Zombies, but in Fallout 4. Its very well put together and lore-friendly, if you can believe it. You turn up at a location for a side quest, and then hand over all your gear in exchange for a basic loadout to go into a pit. From there, you fight wave after wave of ghouls. There are weapons on the walls to buy new doors to open, and of course, a load of traps. The mod scales up as you unlock more of the area, much like it does in Call of Duty: Zombies. In combination with any other zombie mods, it would make for a frantic and scary time.
Go here to see the original:
Make the wasteland terrifying with these Halloween Fallout 4 mods - PC Invasion
- Every Call of Duty: Cold War zombies camo challenge - PC Gamer - November 24th, 2020
- More Zombie Companies Have Cropped Up During the Pandemic - Barron's - November 24th, 2020
- Fear The Walking Dead Introduces Zombies That Are Actually Scary - Screen Rant - November 24th, 2020
- The Cranberries Revisit 'No Need to Argue' and the Legacy of "Zombie" - American Songwriter - November 24th, 2020
- Have we reached peak zombie? - British GQ - November 24th, 2020
- A History of the Ray Gun in Call of Duty Zombies | Game Rant - GameRant - November 24th, 2020
- Number of zombie firms to increase more than the rise in bankruptcies Natixis - FXStreet - November 24th, 2020
- Zombie Movies Are Making a Comeback, Baby! | - Post Apocalyptic Media - November 24th, 2020
- Joining the zombie invasion is the best part of WoW's Shadowlands pre-launch event - PC Gamer - November 20th, 2020
- The Cranberries Revisit Their Hit Album No Need To Argue And The Legacy Of Zombie - Forbes - November 20th, 2020
- Will America Survive the Republican Zombie Apocalypse? - Fair Observer - November 20th, 2020
- How to get the Call of Duty: Cold War Zombies Easter egg - PC Gamer - November 20th, 2020
- Who Needs Zombies When We Have Republicans? - FPIF - Foreign Policy In Focus - November 20th, 2020
- World of Warcraft's Zombie Invasion Hits Different in 2020 - Gizmodo - November 20th, 2020
- Return Of The Zombies - Seeking Alpha - November 20th, 2020
- Netflix's Army of the Dead Zombies Are 90% Practical Promises Zack Snyder - MovieWeb - November 20th, 2020
- Minecraft Earth 0.30.0 'Season 14: Tundra' made official with new zombies and improvements - re:Jerusalem - November 20th, 2020
- Ryan Hall fed up with being consistently avoided, calls for fight against The Korean Zombie - MMA Fighting - November 20th, 2020
- Aventura's Zombie-Infested Halloween Drive-Thru incredible success - Miami's Community Newspapers - November 20th, 2020
- 'Army of the Dead': Zack Snyder Teases "Insane Zombie Mayhem in His Horror Movie Return - Bloody Disgusting - November 20th, 2020
- 'TWD: World Beyond' says space spore may have started zombie outbreak - Insider - INSIDER - November 16th, 2020
- Army Of The Deads Zombies Are 90% Practical | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- The Cranberries' "Zombie" And Its Troubled Afterlife - Stereogum - November 16th, 2020
- Will North Korea Expect Joe Biden to Pursue a Zombie Policy? - The National Interest Online - November 16th, 2020
- Beware the Market's 'Zombie Apocalypse' - DailyWealth - November 16th, 2020
- Gambit Is The Secret Savior Of Marvels Zombie Apocalypse - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Social Media Zombies and The Walking Dead - The Augusta Chronicle - November 16th, 2020
- Has the Ultimate Villain of Marvel Zombies Been Revealed? - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies - How to Use Aetherscope - Doctor Vogel's Diary + Anomaly Locations - Attack of the Fanboy - November 16th, 2020
- Zack Snyder teases Army of the Dead as genre-destroying with very practical zombies - Gamesradar - November 16th, 2020
- Ready to take next step on 'zombie' property - Gloversville Leader-Herald - November 16th, 2020
- The X-Men's Gambit is The Perfect Zombie Hunter | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies How to get the free DIE Shockwave weapon in Die Maschine - RealSport101 - November 16th, 2020
- Rob Zombie's Halloween: What Happened To The Young Michael Myers Actor - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Halloween: 5 Things Rob Zombie's Remake Kept From The Original (& 5 It Changed) - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Colin Firth Will Battle Zombies in Action Comedy New York Will Eat You Alive - MovieWeb - November 16th, 2020
- King of Eden: Another Take on the Zombie Apocalypse - Bleeding Cool News - November 9th, 2020
- Want to Fight the Zombie Fire Apocalypse? Weaponize Math. - Mother Jones - November 9th, 2020
- Colin Firth to star in zombie movie New York Will Eat You Alive - messenger-inquirer - November 9th, 2020
- Army of the Dead's Garret Dillahunt says the film has a fresh breed of zombie danger - Critical Hit - November 9th, 2020
- Colin Firth To Star In Zombie Brother Adaptation New York Will Eat You Alive From STXfilms and Tencent Pictures - Deadline - November 9th, 2020
- Zombies, Sex and Thrills: AFM Returns to Its Roots Amid Pandemic - Hollywood Reporter - November 9th, 2020
- Zack Snyders Army Of The Dead Will Reinvent Movie Zombies - Screen Rant - November 9th, 2020
- Korean zombie thriller 'Peninsula' to release in India on November 27 - The New Indian Express - November 9th, 2020
- Colin Firth to Face Down the Undead in New York Will Eat You Alive - Gizmodo - November 9th, 2020
- ROB ZOMBIE Reveals An Unheard Fact About The Recording Process Of His Band's Final Album - MetalCastle - November 9th, 2020
- A tale of Mark Lawrenson and the Zombie football club | NUFC The Mag - The Mag - November 9th, 2020
- Opinion: When Zombies Ruled The World | - mybighornbasin - November 6th, 2020
- Want to Fight the Zombie Fire Apocalypse? Weaponize Math - WIRED - November 6th, 2020
- Why Rob Zombie Tends To Kill Off The Final Girl In His Movies - We Got This Covered - November 6th, 2020
- Calls to re-open Bedford Place in Southampton - Daily Echo - November 6th, 2020
- Naruto: 5 Characters We'd Want On Our Team In The Zombie Apocalypse (& 5 We Wouldn't) - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 5th, 2020
- Treyarch and Raven reveal more about Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold Wars campaign and Zombies - VentureBeat - November 5th, 2020
- ASU Professor Discusses What The History Of Zombies Can Reveal About America - KJZZ - November 5th, 2020
- Why Rob Zombie Horror Movies Often Kill Off The Final Girl - Screen Rant - November 5th, 2020
- 10 Best Zombie Movies (Where The Outbreak Actually Ends) - Screen Rant - November 5th, 2020
- DIE! NAMITE #2 Expands Cast, Dials Up Zombie Threat to 11 - Critical Blast - November 5th, 2020
- TOMY bolsters its licensing portfolio with Sing 2 and Plants vs Zombies toy lines - Toy News - November 5th, 2020
- Zombie Rollerz: Pinball Heroes is an upcoming pinball and tower defense hybrid that's heading for Apple Arcade - Pocket Gamer - November 5th, 2020
- One Piece: 5 Characters We'd Want On Our Team In The Zombie Apocalypse (& 5 We Wouldn't) - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 1st, 2020
- How the 1918 Flu Inspired Your Zombie Costume - Gizmodo - November 1st, 2020
- How to Avoid the Zombie Apocalypse at Work - Adweek - October 31st, 2020
- Dinosaurs Are Even Scarier When Theyre Zombies - WIRED - October 31st, 2020
- Zombie Apocalypse Outbreak: Where would you hide on campus? - The Scout - October 31st, 2020
- Financial Zombies And More - Seeking Alpha - October 31st, 2020
- The Zombie Pig, and Other Tales of Cabbage Stalk Night - iBerkshires.com - October 31st, 2020
- Thai woman dresses up as a zombie to sell clothes of the dead on Halloween - Gulf Today - October 31st, 2020
- Bitten by the love zombie | News | tribstar.com - Terre Haute Tribune Star - October 31st, 2020
- 'Zombie fires' a growing risk in the warming Arctic Yale Climate Connections - Yale Climate Connections - October 31st, 2020
- Zombie frogs? A ribbet-ing story of how frogs and toads survive winter - Herald Times Reporter - October 31st, 2020
- These Zombie Sites Have Been Brought Back to Life to Spew Disinformation - The Daily Beast - October 31st, 2020
- DCeased and Marvel Zombies Have Surprisingly Similar Cures for Their Undead Problems - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 31st, 2020
- Zombies, twerks and platform boots: the last week on the US campaign trail - Yahoo News - October 31st, 2020
- Forget the haunted houses this year, try a zombie safari for Halloween! - CW33 NewsFix - October 31st, 2020
- Share of zombie foreclosures rise in the fourth quarter - National Mortgage News - October 31st, 2020
- Blood snow and zombie fires: 2020's ghoulish weather phenomena - WCNC.com - October 31st, 2020
- Thai zombie seller cashes in on threads of the dead - Reuters - October 31st, 2020
- 60 best zombie movies of all time | Entertainment - Grand Island Independent - October 30th, 2020
- Survive the Zombie Apocalypse From the Comfort of Your Couch as UNTURNED Launches on Consoles This November - Gamasutra - October 30th, 2020
- Marvel Zombies Walk the Earth with New Hot Toys Cosbaby's - Bleeding Cool News - October 30th, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero