Some ninjas would thrive in a zombie apocalypse while others would only make things worse.
When thinking about shonen anime or really any kind of action fiction during spooky times such as the Halloween season, it's pretty inevitable that sooner or later the concept of a zombie apocalypse comes to mind. It only makes sense that some of the shows to be considered would beNaruto,Naruto: Shippuden, andBoruto.
RELATED:Naruto: 10 Shikamaru Nara Facts Most Fans Don't Know
These shows, especially the original andShippuden, are pretty much accepted at this point as being classics of the genre, withBoruto perhaps on its way to the same status. While the show is littered with extremely powerful characters, that doesn't necessarily mean that they'd all work out great on a zombie apocalypse team, so let's go ahead and weigh the options.
Although Shikamaru tends to call himself "the ultimate coward," that's only due to his personal philosophy and really nothing to do with his work ethic or his unflinching loyalty to his friends. Shikamaru wants to live and die unremarkably, but unfortunately for him, he's already proven himself to be a pretty powerful ninja. He is perfectly equipped for a zombie apocalypse withthe ability to manipulate his and others' shadows.In this way, he can quietly dispatch the zombies and controltheir movements as a defensive maneuver.
While Orochimaru has seemed to mellow out in recent yearswith various forms of dangerous and forbidden occult knowledge, he's generally been known for being a pretty volatile character, if not an absolute villain most of the time. There's a reason he lives at the end of the village, which could be a pretty nice advantage since he could stay on the lookout while hopefully looking for the source of the zombie infection in his lab. But it's very unlikely he'd ever mesh well with a team of ninjas.
While Kiba really didn't get nearly as much screen time as he deserved and pretty much got sidelined in the writing pretty early on into the series, he would still make a really decent addition to the zombie apocalypse team.
RELATED:Naruto: 5 Bleach Characters Tsunade Can Beat (& 5 She Stands No Chance Against)
While some of Kiba and Akamaru's techniques consist of melee attacks which would generally be a no-go in a zombie apocalypse scenario, they're both pretty powerful. As acanine and a ninja with extra-sharpsenses, the duo would be very useful for search and rescue missions.
There are a few different problems with trying to consider Ebisu for any type of team, let alone one that needs to fit together as tightly as a zombie apocalypse response team. Ebisu is a pretty notorious creep, having been completely disarmed by Naruto's Sexy Jutsu multiple times. Aside from that, for being a teacher of elite ninja, he isn't remarkably powerful. At the end of the day, he'sonly as strong as anyone else who had gone through ninja training for most of their life, being pretty forgettable.
Gaara spent most of the beginning of the show being hard to work with. Aside from the fact that he's difficult, he was kind of out-and-out evil for a lot of the show, as a result of having one of the tailed beasts sealed inside of himand being raisedas a killing machine by his father. Since then, he's completely mellowed out and come into a well-deserved place of power. In addition to his drastic change as a person, he also uses ranged attacks, which means he'd never get close enough to a zombie to be bitten.
Konohamaru has historically just been worse than Naruto. Konohamaru was originally envisioned to be Naruto but brattier, to the point where Kishimoto struggled not to just draw him as Naruto when creating the character.
RELATED:Naruto: 10 Myths About Sakura, Explained & Debunked
Aside from the fact that Konohamaru is a genericversion of Naruto, he really has no interesting techniques of his ownand was insteadhanded the Rasengan without deserving it. Konohamaru's also a past Hokage's grandson, making him incredibly entitled.
While a lot of people tend to inordinately talk trash about Sakura non-stop in online communities, she really should be respected much more than she is. She's one of the best medical ninjas in the entire Naruto universe, which has come in handy more than a few times throughout the course of the shows. Aside from that, she's a pretty caring and kind person, which in addition to her medical expertise, would be incredibly helpful to have on a zombie apocalypse team, regardless of if she could figure out a way to reverse the infection.
Hinata is a part of the prestigious Hyuga clan, but Kishimoto pretty much wrote her into a corner when he passed on the torch of the Hyuga clan to one of Hinata's siblings.
RELATED:Naruto: 5 Heroes Who Never Reached Their Goal (& 5 Who Did)
She's still fairly powerful (other than that time she tragically got Neji killed) but doesn't really do anything in the modern day of the universe other than taking care of Boruto while his father is away on Hokage business ormanagingthings around the house. Hinata shouldn't be faulted for this, but a much more proactive personality is needed during a zombie apocalypse.
Such a list wouldn't be complete without the title character, so here he is. Naruto Uzumaki would be an incredibly advantageous member to have onthe team during a zombie apocalypse for a number of reasons. He's an incredibly well-established leader, well-known for his prowess in battle. He also tends to get along with the worst of people if he needs to, being generally easy-going. There's also the fact that he uses his signature shadow-clone Jutsu frequently, which would not only make for a great decoy system, but he wouldn't even need to attack zombies directly.
Rock Lee is an incredibly kind and determined character in the series, but unfortunately for him, there's just a single glaring issue with having him on the team. It isn't that he wouldn't mesh well with a team made out of various personality types. Rather, the issue is that he isn't particularly skilled with any kind of chakra techniques. Instead of using ninjutsu or genjutsu, Rock Lee relies on taijutsu techniques, which are generally all melee attacks,meaning he's wide open for getting bitten.
NEXT:My Hero Academia: 5 Characters We'd Want On Our Team In The Zombie Apocalypse (& 5 We Wouldn't)
Next Dragon Ball Z: Every Main Character Who Stopped Fighting (& Why)
- I know just where to be when the zombie apocalypse hits - The Ogle County Life - January 22nd, 2021
- Nicollet Ave. project: a zombie streetcar and pot of Minneapolis money that nobody wants to talk about - MinnPost - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie apocalypse map shows the best place to be in UK if the dead rose - Daily Express - January 22nd, 2021
- How The Day Of The Dead TV Show Can Best Connect To Romero's Zombie Movies - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- The Walking Dead: Does The Zombie Apocalypse Ever End? - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Editorial: County GOP's zombie idea marches on - The Island Now - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie law: Sec 66As curious afterlife makes the case for police independence and legal literacy - The Times of India Blog - January 22nd, 2021
- Army Of The Dead: 8 Quick Things We Know About Zack Snyders Movie - CinemaBlend - January 22nd, 2021
- Death of the 'zombie' pipeline and calling out white supremacy in politics - APTN News - January 22nd, 2021
- Survive a zombie apocalypse while you get revenge on your cheating husband! - Gamasutra - January 22nd, 2021
- The Devil's Rejects: All 4 Movies That Inspired Rob Zombie Explained - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Lyra pays tribute to Dolores O'Riordan with beautiful cover of 'Zombie' on The Late Late Show - Irish Post - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie cells and flu fighters - McGill Reporter - McGill Reporter - January 22nd, 2021
- Zombie film fans better equipped to deal with Covid-19 pandemic, shows study - The Financial Express - January 22nd, 2021
- Isolated in Pandemic: Is Zombie Terror a copy of #Alive? Or the opposite? Understand! - Designer Women - January 22nd, 2021
- Day of the Dead Show Confirmed To Connect To Original Movie - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- The Devil's Rejects: What Happened To The Firefly Family's Ranch Location - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Erick the Architect of Flatbush Zombies talks 'Future Proof': [it] isn't just an EP or album title - Brooklyn Vegan - January 22nd, 2021
- NZ's "zombie" companies in trouble - New Zealand Herald - January 22nd, 2021
- Explained: How zombie films may have prepared fans for Covid-19 pandemic - The Indian Express - January 15th, 2021
- Rob Zombie and AC/DC finally find their way onto 'Jeopardy!' - WAAF - January 15th, 2021
- The 10 best and worst cities to survive a zombie apocalypse revealed - The Sun - January 15th, 2021
- Zombie Capitalism Feeding On Death And Debt Lurches Into Fascism And Default Bomb - Scoop.co.nz - January 15th, 2021
- Zendaya, zombies and asteroids: The best new films coming to Netflix in 2021 - CBC.ca - January 15th, 2021
- How The Zombie Apocalypse Prepares You For The COVID-19 Pandemic - American Council on Science and Health - January 15th, 2021
- Magic: The Gathering - Kaldheim's Necromancy Cards Are INTENSE - CBR - Comic Book Resources - January 15th, 2021
- Did Watching All Those Zombie Movies Prepare You For The Pandemic? Research Says Yes! - Forbes - January 12th, 2021
- Zombies Could Stunt the Bank Recovery - The Wall Street Journal - January 12th, 2021
- The Walking Dead: Earth's Safest City Has Mastered The Zombie Apocalypse - Screen Rant - January 12th, 2021
- US Zombie Companies Are Now $2.6 Trillion in Debt. What Does That Mean for Investors? - Motley Fool - January 12th, 2021
- Brave History January 12th, 2021 - APRIL WINE, DEEP PURPLE, ROB ZOMBIE, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, LED ZEPPELIN, MERCENARY, THE BLACK CROWES, ICED... - January 12th, 2021
- How dealing with a zombie pandemic taught my students to think fast and think ethically - CEOWORLD magazine - January 12th, 2021
- Good News: Wyoming a Great Place to Survive Zombie Apocalypse - laramielive.com - January 9th, 2021
- Best Zombie Anime You Need to Stream Right Now - OtakuKart - OtakuKart - January 9th, 2021
- Zombie Apocalypse 2021? Some Twitter users think Nostradamus predicted Russian scientists will cause a plague of the undead - Monsters and Critics - January 3rd, 2021
- Prabhas to unveil trailer of upcoming Telegu film Zombie Reddy on January 2 - Republic World - January 3rd, 2021
- Discover What It Means To Be A Zombie In Adventure Game Surviving The Humans - TheGamer - December 31st, 2020
- Resident Evil Reboot Promo Art Reveals First Look At Zombie As Filming Wraps - We Got This Covered - December 31st, 2020
- Rob Zombie Appears on Cover of New Revolver Issue | Revolver - Revolver Magazine - December 31st, 2020
- Mahesh Babu and Ranveer Singh Fight off Zombies in Viral Video - News18 - December 31st, 2020
- SNP accuses UK Govt of wasting millions of taxpayer pounds on 'zombie' Scotland Office - HeraldScotland - December 31st, 2020
- Wolves could hold the key to preventing 'zombie' disease threatening US deer populations - Telegraph.co.uk - December 31st, 2020
- Rob Zombie, Ghostemane and Poppy Appear on Covers of New Revolver Issue - Revolver Magazine - December 31st, 2020
- 'Zombie' greenhouse gas lurks in permafrost beneath the Arctic Ocean - Livescience.com - December 26th, 2020
- Abadon turned into a zombie and took a bite out of Hikaru Shida - Cageside Seats - December 26th, 2020
- Millions of mink infected with coronavirus to be BURNED after 'ZOMBIE uprising' from grave - Daily Express - December 26th, 2020
- The Dead Rise Once Again With New Marvel Zombies Pops From Funko - Bleeding Cool News - December 26th, 2020
- Resident Evil Reboot Original Video Game Zombie Revealed as Filming Wraps - MovieWeb - December 26th, 2020
- Anna and the Apocalypse: Every Song Ranked From Worst To Best - Screen Rant - December 26th, 2020
- Monroe County ordered to absorb the cost related to zombie homes in towns - RochesterFirst - December 26th, 2020
- Fear The Walking Dead mystery: Who is patient zero? - Undead Walking - December 26th, 2020
- Im worried that Hikaru Shida is turning into a zombie after being bitten by Abadon - Cageside Seats - December 26th, 2020
- The zombie comedy you need to watch on HBO Max - Looper - December 26th, 2020
- Call of Duty Zombies: The 5 Best Easter Eggs (& 5 Of The Worst) - TheGamer - December 26th, 2020
- Every Type of Zombie in Back 4 Blood | Game Rant - GameRant - December 22nd, 2020
- Holidays, celebrities and the zombie apocalypse - Washington Times - December 22nd, 2020
- Army of the Dead Prequel Cast Revealed by Zack Snyder in Set Photo - Collider - December 22nd, 2020
- 'Zombie Campaigns' Continue To Accrue Money, Years After Congressional Candidates Have Stopped Running - KJZZ - December 22nd, 2020
- Don't Wait to Wind Down 'Zombie' Subsidiaries - CFO - December 22nd, 2020
- Marvel Zombies & 9 Other Timelines Where Everything Went Wrong - CBR - Comic Book Resources - December 22nd, 2020
- JOEY DIABOLIC Releases Cover Of WHITE ZOMBIE's "Creature Of The Wheel" - bravewords.com - December 22nd, 2020
- South Koreas Zombie Companies Are Scarier Than the Movies - The Wall Street Journal - December 21st, 2020
- Will the Fed Ever Stop Propping Up Zombie Companies? - Yahoo Finance - December 21st, 2020
- Gangsters are PAID taxpayer cash to hand over weapons like zombie knives - Express - December 21st, 2020
- Newly discovered fungi turn flies into zombies and devour them from the inside out - Livescience.com - December 19th, 2020
- Zombie apocalypse simulation model indicates where we should hide. - The UBJ - December 19th, 2020
- BACK 4 BLOOD First Impression: Returning To Zombies With Originality - GameTyrant - December 19th, 2020
- New Zealand's highest court find that zombies do exist in New Zealand after all - Lexology - December 19th, 2020
- Fear not the zombie companies; focus on dealing with them - The Business Times - December 19th, 2020
- How to play on the Holiday-themed Die Maschine map in Black Ops Cold War Zombies - Gamepur - December 19th, 2020
- Sahar Tabar: Angelina Jolie 'zombie' lookalike reveals real face on TV after release from Iranian prison - MEAWW - December 19th, 2020
- Everything Everything reveal zombie-themed visuals for 'Black Hyena' - hotpress.com - December 19th, 2020
- Trapped in an elevator with zombies: Longtime friends from Syracuse debut movie on Amazon - syracuse.com - December 14th, 2020
- Do you hunker down or hit the road in a zombie apocalypse? - Undead Walking - December 14th, 2020
- Shaun Of The Dead Characters, Ranked By Likability | ScreenRant - Screen Rant - December 14th, 2020
- Breach is Exactly the Zombie-Space Adventure You're Looking For - Bleeding Cool News - December 14th, 2020
- Iconic The Walking Dead zombie was nearly a bit different - Undead Walking - December 12th, 2020
- Cap's a zombie, T'Challa is Star Lord, and the sky's the limit in the first trailer for Marvel's What If? - Yahoo Entertainment - December 12th, 2020
- England weapons scheme offers cash for zombie knives and knuckledusters - The Guardian - December 12th, 2020
- Zombie companies feed off the living - The Japan Times - December 12th, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero