Starting as a fun extra unlocked after beating World AR Wars campaign, Call of Duty Zombies has become a mainstay in the juggernaut series. The wave-based survival mixed with Call of Duty gunplay and complicated storytelling has captured a dedicated fanbase that doesnt look to slow down. While the fans may love Zombies, there are undoubtedly some maps that are better received than others. Whether its because of a cooler idea, more fun gameplay, or a better main Easter egg quest, here are the best Call of Duty Zombies maps.
Shadows of Evil is the first map included in Call of Duty: Black Ops III and takes place in a purgatory called Morg City. In this map, four characters who are being punished for past misdeeds need to acquire the Summoning Key to put away the Shadowman, who would become the main antagonist of Black Ops III Zombies.
This map is where the Lovecraftian Keepers and Apothicans were introduced, and a new storyline focused on capturing souls to fix the timeline was started. It also features the voice talents of Heather Graham, Neal McDonough, Ron Perlman, and Jeff Goldblum. It has distinctly unique elements, including turning into a Lovecraftian monster yourself to provide power to areas and zip-around locations.
The wonder weapon for Shadows of Evil is the Apothican Servant, which acts similarly to the Gersch Device from Ascension, but in gun form. It creates a black hole that sucks zombies in then explodes after a short duration.
At number nine, we have the map named IX. This was the first and best map in the short-lived Chaos story in Black Ops IV. Taking place in a Roman gladiator arena, you will fight off zombie tigers, Marauders, and Destroyers in addition to traditional zombies.
This maps placement is unique compared to other Zombie maps. The starting location branches out into four different areas that then meet up again when traveling underground. There are multiple areas suitable for training a horde of zombies, and the Easter egg is pretty fun, although the final boss is way too easy compared to other bosses in the series.
The wonder weapon called the Death of Orion is a fun, unique weapon that will stun and capture the targets in a snare of electricity.
Moon was the final Zombies map in the first Black Ops. Its main Easter egg quest had significant repercussions on the storyline going into Black Ops II until the story was rebooted on a different timeline. When outside, you deal with low gravity and slower movement speeds, and one of the largest spanning round-based maps in all of Zombies history.
The game starts on Earth, where you get frantically attacked by zombies in front of the Pack-a-Punch machine before teleporting to the Moon. This map is probably the most difficult for newcomers into Zombies, so definitely go in with someone familiar with the maps mechanics.
The wonder weapon for Moon is the Wave Gun. This weapon can swap between a singular entity and dual wield pistols at the press of a button. Its dual wield form fires out electric bursts of energy that do a lot of damage. When combined into one weapon, the Wave Gun makes zombies dance before they float into the air and explode.
Kino Der Toten is the first Zombies map in the first Black Ops game. It is located in a German theater that will introduce you to Crawlers, zombies that move on all fours and explode in toxic gas when killed. Being released so early in the Zombies development cycle, this is about as classic of an experience that you get on this list. There was no main Easter egg quest in this map in the original release, and it doesnt have any crazy gimmicks. Just fight for your life throughout the environment you are given.
The wonder weapon for Kino is the Thundergun, which launches out a strong blast of air that blows zombies back.
Die Maschine is the first Zombies map from Black Ops Cold War and signaled a turning point for the mode. Many new aspects were introduced into zombies with this map and show how far the series has come since World at War.
The very first Zombies map, Nacht Der Untoten, is present and widely expanded to include an underground Omega bunker that you will explore and find a portal to travel into the Dark Aether. Plaguehounds make their debut alongside the Megaton zombie, split into two atomic skeletons when its health is depleted.
The wonder weapon here is the D.I.E. Shockwave and works similarly to a vacuum that sucks up zombie souls for ammo and puts out a burst of energy. It has four elemental upgrades that can be unlocked on the map.
Der Riese is the fourth map from World at War and one of the most beloved maps in Zombies history by the fans because this is where the Pack-a-Punch machine made its debut. This is also the first Zombies map to include teleporters, and there is a great location to camp out and survive into high rounds.
Der Riese is so popular it got the remake treatment in The Giant in Black Ops III and largely is looked back on by many longtime Zombies players as the purest Zombies experience.
The wonder weapon in Der Riese is the Wunderwaffe DG-2, which will send a chain of lightning through zombies to kill multiple in quick succession.
Der Eisendrache is the second main map from Black Ops III and takes place in a rundown castle. The storys reason for being here was to hunt down Tank Dempseys soul for purposes later revealed in the storyline. Situated in various locations around the map are dragon markings that will have a dragon head pop out for you to feed zombies to.
The Panzersoldat returns from Origins with new electric attacks, and before they became a loadout choice in Black Ops IV, you could build the Ragnarok DG-4 here, an item that acted like Gravity Spikes to slam the ground and put out a shockwave to knock nearby enemies down, or can be stuck into the ground to lift nearby enemies and give you a chance to revive a fallen teammate.
The wonder weapon on Der Eisendrache is the Wrath of the Ancients, a bow that can be equipped by all four players and upgraded with various elements that give different effects.
Origins was the final map released in Black Ops II and brought a new beginning for Richtofen, Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo that continued into Black Ops III and IV. It takes place on a World War II battlefield where you need to release Samantha Maxis from a realm called Agartha.
Throughout the rain and snow-soaked trenches, you will see giant robots stomping around the place, not paying any attention to you like the ant you are compared to them. Origins is where the Panzersoldat debuted, equipped with a flamethrower, and was a legitimate threat anytime it appeared on the field.
The wonder weapon is the elemental staff that, like the bows in Der Eisendrache, could be upgraded four different ways and were heavily connected to the main Easter egg quest.
Call of the Dead is the fourth main Zombies map in the first Black Ops and the first to star a cast of celebrities. The late George Romero plays the maps boss and will chase you around trying to kill you. The playable characters are Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and Danny Trejo, as they are filming a zombie movie that gets overrun with real zombies.
The Ultimis crew do make an appearance locked behind a door. The playing group will deliver them certain items as they work through the levels main Easter egg quest. The main features of Call of the Dead are the crashed freight boat and lighthouse; otherwise, its a tundra wasteland.
The wonder weapon here is the V-R11. It changes zombies into humans who become bait for other zombies until they run into the water and freeze to death or are eaten.
The best Call of Duty Zombies map ever is Mob of the Dead, the third Black Ops II map. You play as four inmates from Alcatraz prison who are stuck in a purgatory version of the place where they continually fight for their lives and relive being put in the electric chair. A key factor in this map is building a makeshift plane that crashes into the Golden Gate Bridge. When in the prison still, you will deal with Brutus the Warden and continually shock yourself to death to take the form of a spectral being to zap power into certain areas. The Hells Retriever and Electric Cherry perk made their debut here.
Mob of the Dead was such a popular map that it later became a crucial point in the main Zombies storyline and ended up getting the revisited treatment in Black Ops IVs Blood of the Dead. It featured the perfect balance of fun gameplay, creepy environment, and an engaging main Easter egg quest.
The wonder weapon for Mob of the Dead is the Blundergat, the most powerful shotgun in Zombies history, and can be upgraded into the Acid Gat.
See the article here:
The best Call of Duty Zombies maps of all time - Gamepur
- It's Time to Put the Right-Wing Zombie Death Cult on Trial - Daily Beast - September 5th, 2021
- The Best Zombie Games Of All Time - GameSpot - September 5th, 2021
- Poll: What's the Best Rob Zombie Song? - Vote Now - Loudwire - September 5th, 2021
- Best Zombie Movies Streaming on Hulu, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime - Yahoo Entertainment - September 5th, 2021
- Fantasy Fest Parade, Street Fair, Even Zombie Bike Ride Canceled At Key Wests Biggest Party Of The Year - CBS Miami - September 5th, 2021
- Korean zombie film 'Train To Busan' rumoured to get American remake; fans are not happy - Times of India - September 5th, 2021
- 'Train to Busan': Fans Are Not Happy About the US Remake 'Train to Busan:' Fans Are Not Happy About the US Remake - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 5th, 2021
- The Zombie Attack is returning to Louisville's streets. Here's what to know - Courier Journal - August 24th, 2021
- 8 Surprisingly Realistic Zombie Movies (& 7 That Are Way Over The Top) - News Nation USA - August 24th, 2021
- Fast and Furious: Zombies - The New Indian Express - August 24th, 2021
- Years Before COVID, Zombies Helped Prepare One Hospital System for the Real Pandemic - Scientific American - August 24th, 2021
- Rebellion VFX Releases A New Zombie Army Animated Short - Bleeding Cool News - August 24th, 2021
- Authorities could be getting close to solving Zombie Mike rape cases after unidentified remains found in Niskayuna - NEWS10 ABC - August 24th, 2021
- Call of Duty: Vanguard will have a Zombies mode, made by Treyarch - Polygon - August 24th, 2021
- Fishtown Local: Attack of the zombies | Opinion | gloucestertimes.com - Gloucester Daily Times - August 24th, 2021
- Fear TWD Season 7 Teaser Prepares for the Fallout of the Nuclear Zombie Apocalypse - ComicBook.com - August 24th, 2021
- Call of Duty: Mobiles new zombie mode will extend into next season - Digit - August 24th, 2021
- Mental Health And The Zombie Run With YKHC - KYUK - August 24th, 2021
- Dilapidated 'Zombie House' Demolished On Long Island After Years Of Complaints - Daily Voice - August 24th, 2021
- Netflix Based K-Zombie Horror Title 'Kingdom: The Blood' Unveils First Teaser - GLYFE Nation - August 24th, 2021
- From Rick's boots to zombie weapon design, 'The Art of AMC's The Walking Dead Universe' gives us a deep dive - SYFY WIRE - August 24th, 2021
- Watch: The Walking Dead wakes the zombie horde in opening scene to series' 11th and final season - SYFY WIRE - August 24th, 2021
- The Best Zombie Safe Room Notes In The Back 4 Blood Beta - Kotaku - August 10th, 2021
- Anti-Vaxxer Fears Immunization Will Make Her a Zombie, Like in 'I Am Legend' - Vanity Fair - August 10th, 2021
- The Walking Dead season 11 premiere review: "Zombie fatigue is very real" - Gamesradar - August 10th, 2021
- OPINION | READ TO ME: 'Dino-Zombies' crave candy in picture book - Arkansas Online - August 10th, 2021
- ['Dead Rising' at 15] Why Capcom Needs to Give its Goofy Zombie Series Another Shot - Bloody Disgusting - August 10th, 2021
- Andy Puzder: Biden's 'Zombie Tax' will kill family businesses and haunt the living all across America - Fox Business - August 10th, 2021
- ZOMBIES & SCONES: KEYS WRITER HAS A NEVER-ENDING SOURCE OF IDEAS FOR HER BOOKS - Florida Keys Weekly - August 10th, 2021
- Zombies of The Corn announces new attraction: 'The Fun House' - The Times - August 10th, 2021
- [Fantasia Review] 'Brain Freeze' Thaws Out Zombie Formula with Smart Commentary and Humor - Bloody Disgusting - August 10th, 2021
- Back 4 Blood Zombies Aren't Saying Racial Slurs - But They're Close - COGconnected - August 10th, 2021
- I Played Those Zombie Games Following You Around The Internet So You Don't Have To - Kotaku - July 26th, 2021
- Syfy's Day of the Dead Gives SDCC 2021 a First Look at TV's Newest Zombie Tale - Gizmodo - July 26th, 2021
- The Munsters: Rob Zombie Reveals First Look at Spooky Costumes and Herman Munsters Makeup - Variety - July 26th, 2021
- Kingdom writer, director on creating the zombie thriller series: Hunger was the starting point - The Indian Express - July 26th, 2021
- They find a 'zombie frog' that only comes to the surface when it rains CVBJ - Central Valley Business Journal - July 26th, 2021
- This metal-loving grandma singing Rob Zombie at karaoke is the best thing you'll see today - Louder - July 26th, 2021
- Tim Wiederaenders: Don't be a 'zombie' behind the wheel - Today's News-Herald - July 26th, 2021
- BBQ to the Moon and More Zombie De-SPACs? - TheStreet - July 26th, 2021
- Tearful pal of Brit hiker says boyfriend has been 'like a zombie' since she went missing - The Mirror - July 26th, 2021
- Meet the 'zombie frog,' a new species found in the Amazon - DW (English) - July 11th, 2021
- Can the Cleveland Indians repel another attack of Zombie baseball? - cleveland.com - July 11th, 2021
- Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness review: Netflixs show brings zombies to the White House - The Verge - July 11th, 2021
- Newly-discovered zombie frog in Amazon rainforest could already be at risk of extinction - iNews - July 11th, 2021
- Dont Stop Me Now! Why Queens Greatest Hits is the ultimate zombie album - The Guardian - July 11th, 2021
- With All The Problems In The World Today, I Think It's Time We Asked, Can Zombies Swim? - Quad Cities - July 11th, 2021
- What the Tech? Why you should delete 'zombie apps' you never use - WFMZ Allentown - July 11th, 2021
- Zombie Cells Hold Clues to Improved Healing of Spinal Cord Injuries - SciTechDaily - July 11th, 2021
- Sheri Moon Shares Update on Rob Zombie's The Munsters, Will We See a Trailer Soon? - MovieWeb - July 11th, 2021
- After Years of Ridicule, Kenny Schachter Has Kissed and Made Up With Zombie Formalist Lucien Smith. Here, They Talk Art, Drugs, & the Market -... - July 11th, 2021
- Awesome! Get PAID to be a Zombie at Six Flags in Jackson Township - wobm.com - wobm.com - July 11th, 2021
- Zombies coming to Sanford as producers prepare to shoot film in the flood-damaged community - MLive.com - July 1st, 2021
- "Zombie" homes could be on the rise, how Erie County is looking to prevent that - WKBW-TV - July 1st, 2021
- Night of the Animated Dead to Adapt Zombie Classic (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter - July 1st, 2021
- Too embarrassed to ask what is a zombie company? - MoneyWeek - July 1st, 2021
- Rare 'zombie fingers' parasitic fungus is hanging on (barely) in Australia - Livescience.com - July 1st, 2021
- What Windows 11 means: We'll be stuck with millions of Windows 10 zombies - ZDNet - July 1st, 2021
- Zombies World Championship Three Wraps Up Zombie Filled Weekend - The Game Haus - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie classic 'Night of the Living Dead' returns with animated adaptation starring Katee Sackhoff, Josh Duhamel - SYFY WIRE - July 1st, 2021
- Milo Manheim Shares Iconic Zed Look, Hints 'Zombies 3' Is Filming Inside the Magic - Inside the Magic - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie Fingers: This Extremely Rare Parasitic Fungus is Hanging on in Few Locations in Australia - Nature World News - July 1st, 2021
- Rob Zombie's The Munsters: 9 Questions We Have About The Upcoming Movie - CinemaBlend - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie Debt: One of the ways you're tricked into paying a bill you shouldn't - WFMYNews2.com - July 1st, 2021
- Zombies World Championship Three Brings Competitive Zombies Back to the Stage - The Game Haus - July 1st, 2021
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol Release Time - DualShockers - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie Squad - Index page - June 14th, 2021
- The Zombie Hunters - June 14th, 2021
- Top Call of Duty Zombie Games of All Time - The Game Haus - June 14th, 2021
- This week in space: Zombie stars and the corporatization of the galaxy - Chron - June 14th, 2021
- Framestore's VFX is the 'Zombie Cat's Meow' in 'Army of the Dead' - Animation World Network - June 14th, 2021
- Zack Snyder talks Army of the Dead's robot zombies and aliens - Gamesradar - June 14th, 2021
- STREAMING: ZOMBIES, MURDER AND DEVILS - DAWN.com - June 14th, 2021
- Fear the Walking Dead season 7 release date: Latest news about the zombie spin-off - Radio Times - June 14th, 2021
- The kids are back in town - Telegraph India - June 14th, 2021
- Survivors vs zombie soldiers in first pics from The Walking Dead season 11 - Winter is Coming - June 14th, 2021
- The Miz Slams Online Haters Of Out Of The Box Zombies Match - Ringside News - June 14th, 2021
- Why Did the CDC Develop a Plan for a Zombie Apocalypse ... - June 1st, 2021
- The Best Locations in Dallas To Hide In A Zombie Apocalypse - Dallas Observer - June 1st, 2021
- The Could You Survive This Zombie Apocalypse? Matrix - The Ringer - June 1st, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero