An independent publisher hopes sales of a new alternative lifestyle wedding magazine will continue to grow as the country gets back on track.
Lynda Johnson launched Outrageous Bride last year, to tap into a growing trend for themed weddings.
It celebrates weird and whacky weddings centred around pretty much anything from steampunk to Gothic, rock and roll to grunge, Maori or woodland.
There are stories about couples tying the knot all in black, as well as Alice in Wonderland make-up and wedding dress features and professional photo-shoots.
The fourth quarterly edition is out now and Lynda said she hoped the printed and online publication http://www.outrageousbride.com would appeal to a global market.
She had already set up the bi-monthly Pinstriping & Kustom Graphics Magazine from her base in Wigston Leicestershire, which covers all aspects of custom art and lifestyles, from rockabilly to steampunk.
Lynda who describes herself as a serial entrepreneur had also run an alternative clothing and lifestyle show at Lincolnshire showground where she saw the growing interest in unusual weddings.
She came up with the latest publication when she got bored of retirement.
She said: Ive been involved in magazines for probably 40 years and set up my own small independent publishing business 16 years ago for Pinstriping & Kustom Graphics.
After we stopped doing the Lincolnshire event I thought the time was right to retire, but after about eight weeks I got restless. For about five years, in the back of my mind, I had had an idea for a magazine embracing alternative weddings, as they were becoming just as popular as traditional weddings.
So we came up with Outrageous Brides which launched in August last year and has seen interest building up.
The wedding industry has been decimated by the pandemic, but people are still planning their weddings and finding out that their quirky ideas are not that outrageous anymore.
Were saying if they want a Halloween wedding or to dress like zombies, go for it, but make sure you send us the pictures.
Its all about people having fun and throwing convention out of the window.
Were just putting number five together and although it could be seen as a niche area, once we started looking into it we realised that there are so many subcultures out there.
A lot of the things people wear are not costumes, but real clothes, and we are seeing people getting married dressed as Vikings or with a Harry Potter theme.
We feature real weddings and have style shoots and professional photo shoots its all inspirational and covers different budgets. In the next issue we will feature a Beetlejuice wedding.
We are doing the home market first, but starting to sell overseas, although overseas postage can be astronomical which is where the digital version comes into its own. Were picking up subscribers all the time.
As wedding fairs start again we will be heading out to a few. In the long-term we like to organise some alternative wedding fairs, but want to get established first.
- I Played Those Zombie Games Following You Around The Internet So You Don't Have To - Kotaku - July 26th, 2021
- Syfy's Day of the Dead Gives SDCC 2021 a First Look at TV's Newest Zombie Tale - Gizmodo - July 26th, 2021
- The Munsters: Rob Zombie Reveals First Look at Spooky Costumes and Herman Munsters Makeup - Variety - July 26th, 2021
- Kingdom writer, director on creating the zombie thriller series: Hunger was the starting point - The Indian Express - July 26th, 2021
- They find a 'zombie frog' that only comes to the surface when it rains CVBJ - Central Valley Business Journal - July 26th, 2021
- This metal-loving grandma singing Rob Zombie at karaoke is the best thing you'll see today - Louder - July 26th, 2021
- Tim Wiederaenders: Don't be a 'zombie' behind the wheel - Today's News-Herald - July 26th, 2021
- BBQ to the Moon and More Zombie De-SPACs? - TheStreet - July 26th, 2021
- Tearful pal of Brit hiker says boyfriend has been 'like a zombie' since she went missing - The Mirror - July 26th, 2021
- Meet the 'zombie frog,' a new species found in the Amazon - DW (English) - July 11th, 2021
- Can the Cleveland Indians repel another attack of Zombie baseball? - cleveland.com - July 11th, 2021
- Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness review: Netflixs show brings zombies to the White House - The Verge - July 11th, 2021
- Newly-discovered zombie frog in Amazon rainforest could already be at risk of extinction - iNews - July 11th, 2021
- Dont Stop Me Now! Why Queens Greatest Hits is the ultimate zombie album - The Guardian - July 11th, 2021
- With All The Problems In The World Today, I Think It's Time We Asked, Can Zombies Swim? - Quad Cities - July 11th, 2021
- What the Tech? Why you should delete 'zombie apps' you never use - WFMZ Allentown - July 11th, 2021
- Zombie Cells Hold Clues to Improved Healing of Spinal Cord Injuries - SciTechDaily - July 11th, 2021
- Sheri Moon Shares Update on Rob Zombie's The Munsters, Will We See a Trailer Soon? - MovieWeb - July 11th, 2021
- After Years of Ridicule, Kenny Schachter Has Kissed and Made Up With Zombie Formalist Lucien Smith. Here, They Talk Art, Drugs, & the Market -... - July 11th, 2021
- Awesome! Get PAID to be a Zombie at Six Flags in Jackson Township - wobm.com - wobm.com - July 11th, 2021
- Zombies coming to Sanford as producers prepare to shoot film in the flood-damaged community - MLive.com - July 1st, 2021
- "Zombie" homes could be on the rise, how Erie County is looking to prevent that - WKBW-TV - July 1st, 2021
- Night of the Animated Dead to Adapt Zombie Classic (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter - July 1st, 2021
- Too embarrassed to ask what is a zombie company? - MoneyWeek - July 1st, 2021
- Rare 'zombie fingers' parasitic fungus is hanging on (barely) in Australia - Livescience.com - July 1st, 2021
- What Windows 11 means: We'll be stuck with millions of Windows 10 zombies - ZDNet - July 1st, 2021
- Zombies World Championship Three Wraps Up Zombie Filled Weekend - The Game Haus - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie classic 'Night of the Living Dead' returns with animated adaptation starring Katee Sackhoff, Josh Duhamel - SYFY WIRE - July 1st, 2021
- Milo Manheim Shares Iconic Zed Look, Hints 'Zombies 3' Is Filming Inside the Magic - Inside the Magic - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie Fingers: This Extremely Rare Parasitic Fungus is Hanging on in Few Locations in Australia - Nature World News - July 1st, 2021
- Rob Zombie's The Munsters: 9 Questions We Have About The Upcoming Movie - CinemaBlend - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie Debt: One of the ways you're tricked into paying a bill you shouldn't - WFMYNews2.com - July 1st, 2021
- Zombies World Championship Three Brings Competitive Zombies Back to the Stage - The Game Haus - July 1st, 2021
- The best Call of Duty Zombies maps of all time - Gamepur - July 1st, 2021
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol Release Time - DualShockers - July 1st, 2021
- Zombie Squad - Index page - June 14th, 2021
- The Zombie Hunters - June 14th, 2021
- Top Call of Duty Zombie Games of All Time - The Game Haus - June 14th, 2021
- This week in space: Zombie stars and the corporatization of the galaxy - Chron - June 14th, 2021
- Framestore's VFX is the 'Zombie Cat's Meow' in 'Army of the Dead' - Animation World Network - June 14th, 2021
- Zack Snyder talks Army of the Dead's robot zombies and aliens - Gamesradar - June 14th, 2021
- STREAMING: ZOMBIES, MURDER AND DEVILS - DAWN.com - June 14th, 2021
- Fear the Walking Dead season 7 release date: Latest news about the zombie spin-off - Radio Times - June 14th, 2021
- The kids are back in town - Telegraph India - June 14th, 2021
- Survivors vs zombie soldiers in first pics from The Walking Dead season 11 - Winter is Coming - June 14th, 2021
- The Miz Slams Online Haters Of Out Of The Box Zombies Match - Ringside News - June 14th, 2021
- Why Did the CDC Develop a Plan for a Zombie Apocalypse ... - June 1st, 2021
- The Best Locations in Dallas To Hide In A Zombie Apocalypse - Dallas Observer - June 1st, 2021
- The Could You Survive This Zombie Apocalypse? Matrix - The Ringer - June 1st, 2021
- Army of the Dead VFX Boss on Crafting the Perfect Zombie Tiger - ComicBook.com - June 1st, 2021
- The Zombie-Mall Weirdness of Going to the Movies Again - The New York Times - June 1st, 2021
- 710 freeway expansion is a zombie project from another era - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- How VFX Artists Made the Zombie Horse in 'Army of the Dead' - menshealth.com - June 1st, 2021
- Biden Won't Give Up on Zombie Infrastructure Deal - The Daily Beast - June 1st, 2021
- 'Zombie universities' face drastic action as births fall - University World News - June 1st, 2021
- Zombie heist movie Army of the Dead descends to the depths of mediocrity - CultureMap Austin - June 1st, 2021
- Were Living Through the DLC-ification of Movies and TV - Observer - June 1st, 2021
- Texans Must Now Face 'Zombie Trees' as a Result of the Historic Winter Storm - ourcommunitynow.com - June 1st, 2021
- The Zombie Comedy Killing It On Netflix Right Now Looper - Looper - May 8th, 2021
- Army of the Dead Scene with Full Frontal Zombie Nudity Didnt Make Final Cut: Its Too Much - IndieWire - May 8th, 2021
- Army Of The Dead removed scene with full-frontal zombie nudity from final cut - NME - May 8th, 2021
- Play Days Gone without the annoying zombie hordes with Open Country - PCGamesN - May 8th, 2021
- Ranking All 8 ROB ZOMBIE Movies Worst to Best - Dread Central - May 8th, 2021
- Serial pleasures: The TV series that got us through lockdown - The Irish Times - May 8th, 2021
- George A. Romeros final zombie film is being finished by his widow - NME - May 8th, 2021
- New 'Army of the Dead' Clip Teases New Type of Zombies - HYPEBEAST - May 8th, 2021
- Mystery as zombie nuclear fires REIGNITE at Chernobyl blast site 35 years on sparking fears of another di... - The Sun - May 8th, 2021
- Desi Nostradamus is wrong. The zombies are already here - The Times of India Blog - May 8th, 2021
- The best tower defense games on PC - PCGamesN - May 8th, 2021
- This place in Lancashire is deemed one of the least likely places to survive a zombie apocalypse - Lancashire Telegraph - May 8th, 2021
- What will the end of the pandemic mean for zombie companies? - Raconteur - April 23rd, 2021
- Army of the Dead: How Zack Snyder Is Revolutionizing Zombie Movies - Den of Geek - April 23rd, 2021
- Beware the 'Zoom Zombie'? - Land Line Opinion % - Land Line Media - April 23rd, 2021
- My Breast Implants Turned Me Into A Rapidly Aging Zombie - Scary Mommy - April 23rd, 2021
- Slipknot, Rob Zombie and Mudvayne to headline Inkcarceration Music & Tattoo Festival 2021 - Louder - April 23rd, 2021
- Zack Snyders Army of the Dead VFX Team Used Carole Baskins Tiger to Create the Zombie Tiger - IndieWire - April 23rd, 2021
- Forget Everything and Run review scenic zombie adventure lacks bite - The Guardian - April 23rd, 2021
- Army of the Dead: What Excites Us About Zack Snyders Zombie Epic - ComingSoon.net - April 23rd, 2021
- CGI Zombie Tiger In Army Of The Dead Was Modeled After Carole Baskin's Own Tiger - GameSpot - April 23rd, 2021
- What a Zombie Basketball Player From 2026 Has to Do With NIL and NFTs - SportTechie - April 23rd, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero