Zombie games have been around since 1984 with Quicksilvas Zombie Zombie. Ever since then, zombie games have been a staple in the gaming community. Interested in trying some out for yourself? Read on to learn more about what I believe are the top 5 zombie games you can play for September 2022.
Release Date: September 21, 2021Developed by: Saber InteractivePublished by: Saber Interactive
World War Z Aftermath is a third-person co-op shooter for the PC, Xbox One and Series X|S. and Playstation. It pits the player against hordes, and I do meanhordes of zombies. Just like in the books and the movie (which admittedly is not the best adaptation of the book), the zombies are fast and numerous. Left on their own, these zombies can easily over-run even the most prepared of survivors. The games bulk of content lies in its campaign mode, which are come in chapters. Each chapter focuses on a certain location, each of them filled with zombies. There the player takes control of one of four survivors, each with their own backstory that the player can unlock to learn more about them. Once the player finishes the campaign, they can try out the games other game modes, like King of the Hill and the usual Survival mode.
The game has a class-based system, which players can pick from to change how they play. There are currently eight classes in the game, each with varying playstyles. The Hellraiser class, for example, primarily uses shotguns and explosives to take care of multiple zombies at once. On the other hand, the Medic, as the name implies, uses SMGs and makes sure everyone is healed up. The player can level each class to receive upgraded perks and weapons.
While the game is playable solo with AI teammates, it is definitely more fun with friends.
Initial Release Date: December 13, 2013Developed by: The Fun PimpsPublished by: The Fun Pimps
7 Days to Die is a first-person open-world zombie survival game for the PC, Xbox, and Playstation. Players are spawned in a random area on a huge open map. The trailer above is not an exaggeration: the player is spawned naked in the world, without any weapons or tools. The player must loot cars, bodies, houses, and more for supplies. The huge world is littered with buildings that the player can loot for supplies, or fortify to stay in. Crafting is an essential part of the game as well, as the players can craft everything from food to weapons and even vehicles. They can also gather materials to create their own bases. The building system of the game is very similar to other voxel-based building games like Minecraft. However, the graphics arent similar at all. Although the building system is voxel-based, the player and zombie models, along with the item models, are close to reality.
A major feature of the game lies in the title. Every night, the zombies in the game become faster and hit harder than during the day. Every seventh day in the game, this nighttime buff gets even stronger. The main gameplay loop of 7 days to die revolves around gathering resources during the six-day lull, then preparing for the onslaught of zombies on the seventh day. While this game is challenging and fun to play alone, playing with friends is the way to go.
It is important to note that the game is still in early access, with changes always being implemented every patch. If that isnt your thing, then you can try the other games on this list instead.
Release Date: November 16, 2009Developed by: Valve CorporationPublished by: Valve Corporation
A classic zombie game that never gets old, Left 4 Dead 2 is a first-person zombie shooter for the PC and Xbox. In this game, the player fights through various campaigns, split into smaller chapters. Using a variety of weapons, the players must fight their way through the infected, going from one safe room to the other. In the final stage of each chapter, the players are tasked with holding out until rescue arrives. Once it has, they must quickly make their exit, ending the chapters. There are a total of 13 chapters available in Left 4 Dead 2, some of which were brought in from the previous game. While that may not seem like much, the variability of each run-through makes the game feel fresh every time.
The game is fully playable alone, but playing with friends makes it even better. Should the player and their friends feel like changing the game up a little, they can also play in the Versus mode, where two teams of four fight against each other. One team plays as the Survivors, fighting their way through the campaign chapters. The other team plays as Special Infected, trying to hinder the progress of the Survivors. The two teams switch sides every chapter, competing to see who can make it further in each run.
Release Date: January 25, 2019Developed by: CapcomPublished by: Capcom
A remake of the 1999 video game with the same title, Resident Evil 2 is a third-person shooter zombie game for the PC, Playstation, and Xbox. It follows the story of rookie cop Leon S Kennedy, and Claire Redfield. When the pair arrives in Racoon City, they find it infested with zombies. Leon and Claire work together to survive, fighting their way through the Racoon City Police Department, all while being chased by a mysterious being. During their travel together, they both come to realize that there is something deeper going on behind the scenes, and it is up to them to stop it.
One of the major draws of the game is that there are basically two campaigns to play through, depending on whether the player decides to play as Leon or Claire in the first part of the game. The plots have minor differences between them, but both work towards the same goal of Leon and Claire solving the mysteries of the Racoon City outbreak. This game in particular has more story compared to the previous entries in the list. Players should make sure to keep note of it, as the writing is actually pretty good.
Initial Release Date: November 8, 2013Developed by: The Indie StonePublished by: The Indie Stone
Project Zomboid is an open-world zombie survival game for the PC. Out of the other games on this list, this stands out because of the perspective of the game. Instead of the usual third-person or first-person perspective, Project Zomboid instead has an isometric point of view. It is s similar to a top-down point of view but angled so that the player can see the full character model of the player and the zombies.
The player creates a character, picking their job, traits (some good, some bad), and appearance. Once a character has been created, they spawn into the world with only the clothes on their back. The player must then scavenge for supplies like weapons, food, water, and medicine. This game stands out from the previous games in that it is very much rooted in realism. As the player survives for longer, it becomes harder and harder to. Readily available food and water will eventually disappear, meaning the player has to adapt and find alternative sources. The same goes for electricity, as later on, theyll have to rely on generators to provide power to the lights and refrigerators.
The worst part of the game is the zombies. Unlike the other zombie games in this list where players have to fight the zombies before them, its discouraged to do so in Zomboid. Ammunition is scarce, and weapons can break. Your character gets tired, meaning their swings deal less damage and you run slower. Even if you have guns, the loud noise will attract the other zombies in the area, making things harder for you.
When you die, thats it. You have to make a new character, and start fresh.
Read more here:
Top 5 Zombie Games to Survive in this September 2022 - ClutchPoints
- Edmonton is where you want to be when the zombie apocalypse comes, study finds - National Post - March 23rd, 2023
- John Hennigan on Zombie Lumberjack Match: Damian Priests Reaction and Getting Ribbed By A Zombie - Fightful - March 6th, 2023
- The 30 Essential Zombie Movies to Watch - Rotten Tomatoes - February 18th, 2023
- The year of the zombie: How HBO's mega-budgeted The Last of Us took over the province from Waterton to Grande Prairie - Calgary Herald - January 9th, 2023
- Year Ender 2022: From Zombie Virus Discovery to Elon Musk Twitter Takeover and Creation of Artificial Sun, - LatestLY - December 24th, 2022
- Zombie Reddy Famed Director Prasanth Varmas Upcoming Film Hanu-Man To Have A Crucial Underwater Sequence? Heres What We Know - Koimoi - December 24th, 2022
- Scientists Revive 'Zombie' Virus After 50000 Years Trapped in Siberian Permafrost - Common Dreams - November 27th, 2022
- Stop with the Madbomb, youre doing Civil War: Captain America 3 Was Initially Conceived to Be a Terrifying Zombie Thriller Testing Chris Evans Limits... - November 27th, 2022
- THE MUNSTERS: Rob Zombie Returns To Spook Audiences This Halloween - Film Inquiry - October 11th, 2022
- The Loneliest Boy in the World Review: Brainless Zombie Comedy Features Too Many Elbows to the Ribs - TheWrap - October 11th, 2022
- There were few brave enough to join 6th annual Zombie Run - Wadena Pioneer Journal - October 11th, 2022
- New study: Massachusetts would have 4.4 million zombies in apocalypse - Wicked Local - October 11th, 2022
- Zombie Captain America Takes A Bite Out of Crime with shopDisney - Bleeding Cool News - October 11th, 2022
- Silver Spring Zombie Walk Returns Oct. 29 - Source of the Spring - October 11th, 2022
- Kanye West hits back at Gigi Hadid, calls her a 'privileged Karen' and 'zombie' - Page Six - October 11th, 2022
- Did You Spot the Freddy Krueger Zombie On "The Walking Dead" This Past Sunday? [Image] - Bloody Disgusting - October 11th, 2022
- Members of JUDAS PRIEST, GUNS N' ROSES, WHITE ZOMBIE, THE CULT And More Donate Iconic Items to KITTEN ... - Metal Injection - October 11th, 2022
- This weekend in Anchorage: Zombie Half Marathon runs scared and Make It Alaskan Festival returns - Anchorage Daily News - October 11th, 2022
- Terrifying Rabid Zombie Coyote Attempts To Kick In Glass Window Of Someone's Home - Whiskey Riff - October 11th, 2022
- How a zombie apocalypse is informing a new wave of Dem ads - POLITICO - September 24th, 2022
- Get ready for the zombie apocalypse | UNC-Chapel Hill - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - September 24th, 2022
- 'An Army of Zombies Is Leading Us to Hell': A Russian Who Fled Putin's Draft Speaks Out - The Atlantic - September 24th, 2022
- Geneva High School theater to show '10 Ways to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse!' - Daily Herald - September 24th, 2022
- Zombie Wasp Pictured After Parasitic Fungi Took Over Its Body - Newsweek - September 24th, 2022
- An Malnourished Zombie Horror Tears Strips off the Streaming Ranks - We Got This Covered - September 24th, 2022
- You Can Get A Whole Daycare Of Zombie Babies Just In Time For Halloween - Totally The Bomb - September 24th, 2022
- Halloween invasion of Newquay by zombies will thrill and scare you - Cornwall Live - September 24th, 2022
- Chucky To Become A Zombie? - Giant Freakin Robot - September 24th, 2022
- TGS 2022: Hands-On with KEMCO's Upcoming Horror RPG 'Zombie of the Dot' TouchArcade - Touch Arcade - September 24th, 2022
- 'The Munsters': Rob Zombie on Giving Fans the Prequel They've Been Waiting For - Blue Mountain Eagle - September 24th, 2022
- Covers Uncovered - Nick Percival's Zombie Dredd Takes The Throne For Megazine 448 | 2000 AD - 2000 AD - September 24th, 2022
- The Walking Dead's New Smart Zombies Are Rooted in the Show's First Episodes - ComicBook.com - September 24th, 2022
- Robots, NatCons, and the Zombie Apocalypse - The Bulwark - September 24th, 2022
- Zombie horror-comedy The Loneliest Boy in the World gets a trailer and poster - Flickering Myth - September 24th, 2022
- The story of how Zombie Nation became a Welsh techno anthem - Nation.Cymru - September 24th, 2022
- Visiting This Secluded Zombie Town In Texas Is One You Will Enjoy - klaq.com - September 24th, 2022
- Most bizarre September 24 Doomsday conspiracy theories from aliens & zombies to WWIII after eerie solar... - The US Sun - September 24th, 2022
- Do you have 'zombie trees' in your yard? Here's how to spot them - Fox Weather - September 16th, 2022
- A Zombie Idea: Saving Agricultural Water Through Technology - The Paper. - September 16th, 2022
- The Beatles' 'Helter Skelter': Why Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson Covered the Song Together - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 16th, 2022
- Drop Dead: The Cabin CoD: Zombies Meets Stranger Things - UploadVR - September 16th, 2022
- Sitges Fanpitch Sets The Hour of the Sorcerer, Zombie Meteor, Bloody Mary (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety - September 16th, 2022
- Collected Is This A Zombie? Blu-ray Released Monday - Anime News Network - September 16th, 2022
- Dreamy popsicle cocktails are having a moment in the Bay Area - San Francisco Chronicle - September 16th, 2022
- The Office's Dunder Mifflin is Recreated in The Last of Us Part 1 Remake - Esquire - September 16th, 2022
- Pedro Snchez only lacks the zombies, but what would they be like? - Gearrice - September 16th, 2022
- The Asbury Park Zombie Walk 2022 is here! - 94.5 PST - September 8th, 2022
- Glaciers and "zombie ice": The planet is melting at both ends, research finds - Salon - September 8th, 2022
- Zombies are coming - The Brewton Standard - Brewton Standard - September 8th, 2022
- Commentary: September is the time to prepare for the 'zombie apocalypse' - Standard-Examiner - September 8th, 2022
- No zombie zone: Forest Service orders removal of reported film set in Green Canyon that went too far - The Herald Journal - September 8th, 2022
- Everyone loves a good zombie, apparently | What the Heckle? - Colorado Springs Gazette - September 8th, 2022
- 'Sins of Our Mother': Lori Vallow Claimed Her Children Had Turned Into 'Zombies' Before Their Disappearance - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - September 8th, 2022
- Zoinks! The 10 Best 'Scooby-Doo' Films, From 'Monsters Unleashed' to 'Zombie Island' - Variety - September 8th, 2022
- 13 Great Funny Movies About Vampires, Zombies, And Other Classic Monsters - CinemaBlend - September 8th, 2022
- The Munsters: This Rock Legend Is Making An Unexpected Cameo in Rob Zombies Prequel - Dread Central - September 8th, 2022
- Light House Studio's Youth Film Festival covers everything from A to zombies - The Daily Progress - September 8th, 2022
- The Greatest Zombie Movie Of All Time Is Streaming For Free - Giant Freakin Robot - August 22nd, 2022
- TV, Interrupted: Post-Zombie Apocalypse Series In The Flesh Was Buried Too Soon - /Film - August 22nd, 2022
- 'Tales of the Walking Dead' Season One, Episode Two Recap - Vulture - August 22nd, 2022
- 'Zombie fungus' bursts out of a dead fly in contest-winning photo - Livescience.com - August 22nd, 2022
- Sally Phillips: How would I survive a zombie attack? Get another puppy - The Guardian - August 22nd, 2022
- Apocalypse arrives for the 'zombie' companies haunting UK growth - The Telegraph - August 22nd, 2022
- 60 Songs That Explain the 90s: The Cranberries, Zombie - The Ringer - August 22nd, 2022
- Did Congress just warn of a zombie attack? No, that video is fake, and satirical - PolitiFact - August 22nd, 2022
- 10 years ago, one incredible zombie movie redefined an entire style of film - Inverse - August 22nd, 2022
- ZOMBIE PROPERTY COUNT INCHES UP AGAIN IN THIRD QUARTER OF 2022 ACROSS U.S. AMID CONTINUED RISE IN FORECLOSURE ACTIVITY - PR Newswire - August 22nd, 2022
- I wore a metaverse suit into a terrifying Zombie VR world Im still haunted by it... - The US Sun - August 22nd, 2022
- Dungeon Munchies is an RPG platformer where you're a zombie, and worse, an unpaid intern - PC Gamer - August 22nd, 2022
- Insiders tell of 'zombie government' as Johnson lives it up in Greece on holiday - The National - August 22nd, 2022
- Zombie Infection Simulation - The Original - kevan - August 14th, 2022
- Tales of the Walking Dead an anthology of zombie apocalypse survivor tales - Boston Herald - August 14th, 2022
- The Walking Dead Season 11 Part 3 Will Finally Address Series Smart Zombies - Game Revolution - August 14th, 2022
- James Gunn Reminds Fan That He Already Made a Zombie Movie - We Got This Covered - August 14th, 2022
- Review: A zombie movie in vampire's clothing, Netflix's Day Shift is a nightmare - The Globe and Mail - August 14th, 2022
- How The Thames, Once a 'Zombie River,' Was Brought Back to Life - Atlas Obscura - August 14th, 2022
- The Future of 'The Walking Dead' Universe Will Be Characterized By a New Zombie Variant - Pajiba Entertainment News - August 14th, 2022
- Inside the abandoned 'zombie like' cottage left untouched since a heartbreaking tragedy - The Mirror - August 14th, 2022
- Time traveller from 2906 claims world will face a plague of zombie pigs later this year - Daily Star - August 14th, 2022
- Tearful Martin Lewis slams 'zombie' Government for crisis as bad as pandemic - Wales Online - August 14th, 2022
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero