From The Walking Dead to World War Z, Hollywood is filled with a variety of zombies, all fitting into the unique personalities of astrological signs.
One of the most iconic villains inthe horror genre, zombies have shambled, sprinted, and howled their wayto the forefrontofcountless films and television series, beginning with George A. Romero'sinfamousNight of the Living Dead.Though they have roots in Brazilian, West African, and Haitian folklore, it was the 1968 film that created the decaying image of the undead that fans have grown to love and fear.
RELATED:Zombies & 9 More Horror Movie Threats Weve Seen Too Many Times
In the decades since, zombies have taken on many different forms, from the rage-filled zombies of28 Days Later,to the shuffling zombies ofThe Walking Dead,and even the human-like zombies featured in series likeiZombie. With so many types of zombies, theyhave been shown to have a variety of personalities and unique traits, many of which correspond to astrological signs.
Viral zombies like the kind found in movies like28 Days Laterand28 Weeks Laterare created by some sort of viral infection, such as the Rage Virus being released into an unsuspecting population in London in the popular franchise.
RELATED:5 Zombie Movie Scenes That Prove Slow Zombies Are Scarier (& 5 That Prove Fast Zombies Are)
Unlike typical reanimated corpses, viral zombies are often faster, stronger, and more violent. Like most Aries, they're mavericks that can track humans and attack them from a full sprint. Their ability to run at a victim in a "blind rage" separates them from typical zombies and makes them a leader among the undead.
Urbane zombies, like those found inzombie comediessuch asShaun of the DeadandZombieland,can be difficult to classify as zombies because they often still appear to have characteristics of their pre-undead selves. They are found in urban environments that have often been overrun with zombies, and have to be put out of their misery by loved ones.
Like any Taurus, an urbane zombie might invite you into their home if they like you enough (like Bill Murray's character inZombieland,orNick Frost'scharacter inShaun of the Dead),only to aggressively turn on you later. This usually makes interactions awkward, and almost always results in the urbane zombie needing to be put down unless they're kept somewhere secure.
Brooks zombies, named after the author Max Brooks whose novel inspired World War Z,are similar to the28 Days Laterzombies in that they are incredibly dangerous and fast-moving, but have very little regard for their own welfare when it comes to biting a potential victim.
Brooks zombies are single-minded, and like Gemini, sometimes seem capricious and superficial. They don't care about consuming victims or anything typically associated with zombies they simply want to spread the rate of infection until the entire world is turned into a teeming horde.
A curious variety of zombie, the MemoryzZombies from iZombieare made by one consuming a mixture of the energy drink Max Rager and the drug Utopium, resulting in the victim being turned into a zombie that abruptly must eat brains to stay alive. If they don't, they'll continue to decompose.
RELATED:5 Zombie Television Shows That Were Actually Good (& 5 That Were Dead On Arrival)
Memory zombies retain the memories of the victims' brains they consume, which sometimes alters their personalities. But like most Cancers, they remain highly emotional, susceptible to others' emotions, moody, and volatile.
George A. Romero made a follow-up to his classicNight of the Living Deadin the late '70s calledDawn of the Dead,which saw victims trapped in a shopping mall by zombies, forced to use the mall's resources to battle the encroaching hordes. As well as being a frightening zombie film, Dawn of the Deadwas a fierce critique of capitalism.
Mimic zombies first appeared in Romero's sequel where, like Leos, they appeared to be creative and a little more intuitive than their laconic predecessors. They tended to continue to do whatever they'd done while alive,such as wander around a shopping mall.
The long-runningResident Evilfilm franchiseintroduced the concept of test-tube zombies, created by exposure to the T-Virus, which was developed by the insidious Umbrella Corporation as a biological weapon. Their zombies were reliably aggressive and could be altered to meet a growing list of demands.
The test-tube zombies became a reflection of their creators, who like many Virgos were innovative and prudent. Each new zombie created by Umbrella Corp was more deadly than the last, echoing a Virgo's insatiable need for perfection.
When a terrifying plague creates a division between zombies and humans in Warm Bodies, a zombie like R gets created. He can't help but defend a defenseless living woman when his undead brethren attack her, and his heroic gesture becomes the first step towards a unique relationship.
RELATED: 5 Best Zombie Movies (& 5 Worst)
R is similar to most Libra in that he is a romantic at heart and proves that love conquers all when hisromantic feelings grow and he becomes more human. His Libra-esque idealistic and peaceable nature inspire away to transforma lifeless world.
George A. Romero's fifth film in hisNight of the Living Deadfranchise was released in 2005. Land of the Deademphasized a disparity between the haves and the have-nots when zombies outnumber humans and they must survive in a feudal society. The zombies are more intelligent in the film than any seen in Romero's previous works, and are able to adapt and evolve.
Dynamic like most Scorpios, the primary antagonist of the film was a brutish zombie named Big Daddy, whose magnetism and intelligence drew thousands of zombies to him. He was able to figure out how automatic weapons worked, arming his hordes to take on the last of the human race.
In the cult classicFido,the zombie threat has been put under control thanks to the ZomCon Corp, a federally funded entity that turns them into menial laborers, security, and pets for humans. In a small town, a young boy decides to befriend his family's zombie and name it Fido, and the zombie develops a personality all its own.
Like many Sagittarius, heroic zombies like Fidomarch to the beat of their own drum. They won't be stopped from living their best (un)lives. They are optimistic, loving, and resist conformity.
From one of the most popular zombie franchises in existence, walkers were introduced in The Walking Deadasrelentless in their pursuit of human flesh. Walkers were most formidable in numbers and were incredibly durable,able to take a lot of abuse. Some versions, called blue walkers, have a bluish skin tone and the only type of meat they'll eat is blue brain.
RELATED:The Walking Dead: 10 Things About The Zombies That Don't Make Sense
Like Capricorns, walkers are practical, prudent, and traditional. Their cinematic ancestors were featured in George A. Romero's iconicNight of the Living Dead, and have become affectionately known as"Romeros." They are known for their slow and methodical approach to everything, and are plenty patient enough to wait out their prey.
It's difficult to classify a series likeSanta Clarita Dietconsidering it combines both slapstick comedy and gross-out horror,but its ingenious premise has a lot of heart and brains. Drew Barrymore'szombie protagonist goes against type and is so humane she almost doesn't seem like a zombie at all.
Thischeery real estate agent does eat brains, but much like an Aquarius, she's a free spirit who prides herself on retaining some aspect of the individuality she had as a living person. The flair she produces makes her memorable and significant in the minds of even the most voracious consumers of the zombie genre.
Supernatural zombies came about from films likeREC,which focused on a priest who unknowingly released a curse while trying to perform an exorcism, making the demonic possession suddenly contagious. They can be attacked or stopped with supernatural or religious defenses.
Pisces, though often daydreamers and philosophers, can be gullible and easily led. That's why, much like supernatural zombies, they can be controlled or manipulated by someone who creates them, from priests to powerful necromancers.
NEXT:Which The Haunting Of Bly Manor Character Are You Based On Your Zodiac?
Next Harry Potter: 10 Worst Things Sirius Black Has Done
Kayleena has been raised on Star Wars and Indiana Jones from the crib. A film buff, she has a Western collection of 250+ titles and counting that she's particularly proud of. When she isn't writing for ScreenRant, CBR, or The Gamer, she's working on her fiction novel, lifting weights, going to synthwave concerts, or cosplaying. With degrees in anthropology and archaeology, she plans to continue pretending to be Lara Croft as long as she can.
- These Days, the Best Zombie Content Is Made in Korea - The Ringer - November 25th, 2020
- Beware of zombie companies running rampant in the stock market - MarketWatch - November 25th, 2020
- How to Kill Zombie Processes on Linux - How-To Geek - November 25th, 2020
- DC: 5 Reasons DCeased Is The Best Zombie Apocalypse Arc (& 5 Why It's Dead Planet) - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 25th, 2020
- 5 Surprisingly Realistic Zombie Movies (& 5 That Are Way Over The Top) - Screen Rant - November 25th, 2020
- Netflix's The Last Kids On Earth Is Getting A Family-Friendly Zombie Game On Switch - Nintendo Life - November 25th, 2020
- Live Stream Review: The Devil Wears Prada Performs EPs Zombie and Space In Full - mxdwn.com - November 25th, 2020
- Dragon Age's Darkspawn Are More Than Just the Zombies or Orcs of the Franchise - GameRant - November 25th, 2020
- Every Call of Duty: Cold War zombies camo challenge - PC Gamer - November 24th, 2020
- More Zombie Companies Have Cropped Up During the Pandemic - Barron's - November 24th, 2020
- Fear The Walking Dead Introduces Zombies That Are Actually Scary - Screen Rant - November 24th, 2020
- The Cranberries Revisit 'No Need to Argue' and the Legacy of "Zombie" - American Songwriter - November 24th, 2020
- Have we reached peak zombie? - British GQ - November 24th, 2020
- A History of the Ray Gun in Call of Duty Zombies | Game Rant - GameRant - November 24th, 2020
- Number of zombie firms to increase more than the rise in bankruptcies Natixis - FXStreet - November 24th, 2020
- Zombie Movies Are Making a Comeback, Baby! | - Post Apocalyptic Media - November 24th, 2020
- Joining the zombie invasion is the best part of WoW's Shadowlands pre-launch event - PC Gamer - November 20th, 2020
- The Cranberries Revisit Their Hit Album No Need To Argue And The Legacy Of Zombie - Forbes - November 20th, 2020
- Will America Survive the Republican Zombie Apocalypse? - Fair Observer - November 20th, 2020
- How to get the Call of Duty: Cold War Zombies Easter egg - PC Gamer - November 20th, 2020
- Who Needs Zombies When We Have Republicans? - FPIF - Foreign Policy In Focus - November 20th, 2020
- World of Warcraft's Zombie Invasion Hits Different in 2020 - Gizmodo - November 20th, 2020
- Return Of The Zombies - Seeking Alpha - November 20th, 2020
- Netflix's Army of the Dead Zombies Are 90% Practical Promises Zack Snyder - MovieWeb - November 20th, 2020
- Minecraft Earth 0.30.0 'Season 14: Tundra' made official with new zombies and improvements - re:Jerusalem - November 20th, 2020
- Ryan Hall fed up with being consistently avoided, calls for fight against The Korean Zombie - MMA Fighting - November 20th, 2020
- Aventura's Zombie-Infested Halloween Drive-Thru incredible success - Miami's Community Newspapers - November 20th, 2020
- 'Army of the Dead': Zack Snyder Teases "Insane Zombie Mayhem in His Horror Movie Return - Bloody Disgusting - November 20th, 2020
- 'TWD: World Beyond' says space spore may have started zombie outbreak - Insider - INSIDER - November 16th, 2020
- Army Of The Deads Zombies Are 90% Practical | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- The Cranberries' "Zombie" And Its Troubled Afterlife - Stereogum - November 16th, 2020
- Will North Korea Expect Joe Biden to Pursue a Zombie Policy? - The National Interest Online - November 16th, 2020
- Beware the Market's 'Zombie Apocalypse' - DailyWealth - November 16th, 2020
- Gambit Is The Secret Savior Of Marvels Zombie Apocalypse - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Social Media Zombies and The Walking Dead - The Augusta Chronicle - November 16th, 2020
- Has the Ultimate Villain of Marvel Zombies Been Revealed? - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies - How to Use Aetherscope - Doctor Vogel's Diary + Anomaly Locations - Attack of the Fanboy - November 16th, 2020
- Zack Snyder teases Army of the Dead as genre-destroying with very practical zombies - Gamesradar - November 16th, 2020
- Ready to take next step on 'zombie' property - Gloversville Leader-Herald - November 16th, 2020
- The X-Men's Gambit is The Perfect Zombie Hunter | Screen Rant - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies How to get the free DIE Shockwave weapon in Die Maschine - RealSport101 - November 16th, 2020
- Rob Zombie's Halloween: What Happened To The Young Michael Myers Actor - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Halloween: 5 Things Rob Zombie's Remake Kept From The Original (& 5 It Changed) - Screen Rant - November 16th, 2020
- Colin Firth Will Battle Zombies in Action Comedy New York Will Eat You Alive - MovieWeb - November 16th, 2020
- King of Eden: Another Take on the Zombie Apocalypse - Bleeding Cool News - November 9th, 2020
- Want to Fight the Zombie Fire Apocalypse? Weaponize Math. - Mother Jones - November 9th, 2020
- Colin Firth to star in zombie movie New York Will Eat You Alive - messenger-inquirer - November 9th, 2020
- Army of the Dead's Garret Dillahunt says the film has a fresh breed of zombie danger - Critical Hit - November 9th, 2020
- Colin Firth To Star In Zombie Brother Adaptation New York Will Eat You Alive From STXfilms and Tencent Pictures - Deadline - November 9th, 2020
- Zombies, Sex and Thrills: AFM Returns to Its Roots Amid Pandemic - Hollywood Reporter - November 9th, 2020
- Zack Snyders Army Of The Dead Will Reinvent Movie Zombies - Screen Rant - November 9th, 2020
- Korean zombie thriller 'Peninsula' to release in India on November 27 - The New Indian Express - November 9th, 2020
- Colin Firth to Face Down the Undead in New York Will Eat You Alive - Gizmodo - November 9th, 2020
- ROB ZOMBIE Reveals An Unheard Fact About The Recording Process Of His Band's Final Album - MetalCastle - November 9th, 2020
- A tale of Mark Lawrenson and the Zombie football club | NUFC The Mag - The Mag - November 9th, 2020
- Opinion: When Zombies Ruled The World | - mybighornbasin - November 6th, 2020
- Want to Fight the Zombie Fire Apocalypse? Weaponize Math - WIRED - November 6th, 2020
- Why Rob Zombie Tends To Kill Off The Final Girl In His Movies - We Got This Covered - November 6th, 2020
- Calls to re-open Bedford Place in Southampton - Daily Echo - November 6th, 2020
- Naruto: 5 Characters We'd Want On Our Team In The Zombie Apocalypse (& 5 We Wouldn't) - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 5th, 2020
- Treyarch and Raven reveal more about Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold Wars campaign and Zombies - VentureBeat - November 5th, 2020
- ASU Professor Discusses What The History Of Zombies Can Reveal About America - KJZZ - November 5th, 2020
- Why Rob Zombie Horror Movies Often Kill Off The Final Girl - Screen Rant - November 5th, 2020
- 10 Best Zombie Movies (Where The Outbreak Actually Ends) - Screen Rant - November 5th, 2020
- DIE! NAMITE #2 Expands Cast, Dials Up Zombie Threat to 11 - Critical Blast - November 5th, 2020
- TOMY bolsters its licensing portfolio with Sing 2 and Plants vs Zombies toy lines - Toy News - November 5th, 2020
- Zombie Rollerz: Pinball Heroes is an upcoming pinball and tower defense hybrid that's heading for Apple Arcade - Pocket Gamer - November 5th, 2020
- One Piece: 5 Characters We'd Want On Our Team In The Zombie Apocalypse (& 5 We Wouldn't) - CBR - Comic Book Resources - November 1st, 2020
- How the 1918 Flu Inspired Your Zombie Costume - Gizmodo - November 1st, 2020
- How to Avoid the Zombie Apocalypse at Work - Adweek - October 31st, 2020
- Dinosaurs Are Even Scarier When Theyre Zombies - WIRED - October 31st, 2020
- Zombie Apocalypse Outbreak: Where would you hide on campus? - The Scout - October 31st, 2020
- Financial Zombies And More - Seeking Alpha - October 31st, 2020
- The Zombie Pig, and Other Tales of Cabbage Stalk Night - iBerkshires.com - October 31st, 2020
- Thai woman dresses up as a zombie to sell clothes of the dead on Halloween - Gulf Today - October 31st, 2020
- Bitten by the love zombie | News | tribstar.com - Terre Haute Tribune Star - October 31st, 2020
- 'Zombie fires' a growing risk in the warming Arctic Yale Climate Connections - Yale Climate Connections - October 31st, 2020
- Zombie frogs? A ribbet-ing story of how frogs and toads survive winter - Herald Times Reporter - October 31st, 2020
- These Zombie Sites Have Been Brought Back to Life to Spew Disinformation - The Daily Beast - October 31st, 2020
- DCeased and Marvel Zombies Have Surprisingly Similar Cures for Their Undead Problems - CBR - Comic Book Resources - October 31st, 2020
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero