I scrolled enviously through my social media feed. Many of my mom friends were on spring break with their families, enjoying hikes, beach play, and visiting national monuments. Meanwhile, I was at home on the couch, my kids running around making messes and asking for another snack. I simply didnt have the energy to make our spring break memorable. I hadnt felt like myself in quite some time.
I have an autoimmune disease, and I figured I was just in a very long flare up, yet the symptoms werent the same as before. I was exhausted, all of the time, no matter how much sleep I got or how much coffee I guzzled. I also experienced major brain fog. I would start a sentence and forget what I was talking about, or I would repeat information because I couldnt remember that Id already said something.
My sensory issues were amplified. I couldnt stand noise of any kind which is rather difficult to navigate with four kids. I also had severe light sensitivity. Id go around the house shutting off lights, and I even spent some days wearing sunglasses indoors just to get relief. No matter how much I drank, I always felt dehydrated. My arms and hands would frequently tingle, and I would wake up to stiff, swollen joints.
Then I began developing food sensitivities. At first it was just a few foods, like avocado and strawberries. Yes, oddly, these are healthy foods! Then I couldnt eat popcorn, fish, chocolate (I know!), sip wine, and several others. They all left me feeling inflamed.
There were days I was certain I was dying, yet medical tests showed nothing more than a slightly below norm of B12. A CT revealed constipation and a teeny kidney stone. There was nothing to sound the sirens of a medical emergency or even something moderately concerning. So why did I feel so terrible?
I was also apathetic. It was easier to just be a robot than to fake joy or anger, or any other real human emotion. I simply wasnt myself, and it seemed like nothing I did, be it dietary changes, more or less exercise, meditation, therapy, or journaling could change it. There was no medicine for me to take, because there was no identified need for it.
A conversation with a dental hygienist changed everything. I was getting my bi-yearly cleaning and chatting with the hygienist about my medical history while she took notes. This included my autoimmune disease and my breast cancer diagnosis over three years ago. I told her I had a mastectomy and immediate reconstruction breast implants. She asked me how that went, and I shared that though my implants looked great, they were uncomfortable and often caused me severe shoulder and rib pain.
She was empathetic, sharing that she had a friend who also battled breast cancer and opted for breast implants. After several years of chronic health issues, her friend had the implants removed and felt significantly better. Yes, Id heard of Breast Implant Illness, but I had yet to know someone who had experienced it.
A few weeks later, I woke up one morning feeling absolutely terrible as I usually did. I dont know exactly why that was the day I decided to dig deeper into BII, but I did. Within just a few hours of research, I knew my implants were the root cause of my mysterious illness. I went from being an active, energetic, passionate person to a rapidly aging zombie.
My husband was working from home, and I burst into his office and said, I want my implants out. He whirled around a bit stunned, since wed never discussed this before. I shared that Id done my research, and for the first time in years, I was excited about something. I also had my mind made up that I was breaking up with my implants ASAP.
I contacted my plastic surgeon who supportively agreed that if this is what I wanted, we would remove my breast implants and the capsules surrounding the implants. I scheduled surgery a few days later. Unfortunately, surgery was postponed several months due to rising COVID-19 cases in our area. I was disheartened by not deterred. In fact, the closer I got to my surgery date, the more certain I felt.
My story isnt uncommon. My research has taught me that thousands of women have had their implants removed and experienced significant, positive changes in their health. Many, like me, had mysterious autoimmune symptoms but no clear diagnosis. Theres no test for BII, nor is it even an official medical diagnosis. However, ask any woman who opted to have their implants removed after being ill for months, years, and even decades, and they will tell you their truth.
My surgery was almost six weeks ago, and I can tell you that Ive seen some major changes in my health. I have so much more energy. In fact, during my post-op recovery, I could hardly sit still and certainly couldnt take a recommended nap. I was just awake, really awake, for the first time in over three years. I also found that some symptoms are resolving including rip and shoulder pain, constipation, sensory issues, and brain fog.
I feel like Im re-awakening to my true self, and Im so much happier to be flat-chested and free of my implants. Its strange to not have faux breasts, but its not devastating. Gaining my health back is a tremendous gift, one Im thankful for. I no longer sense that Im dying, that life has no purpose, or that I am destined to be miserable. Thats hope, and its certainly worth saying goodbye to my breast implants.
Read more from the original source:
My Breast Implants Turned Me Into A Rapidly Aging Zombie - Scary Mommy
- Why Did the CDC Develop a Plan for a Zombie Apocalypse ... - June 1st, 2021
- The Best Locations in Dallas To Hide In A Zombie Apocalypse - Dallas Observer - June 1st, 2021
- The Could You Survive This Zombie Apocalypse? Matrix - The Ringer - June 1st, 2021
- Army of the Dead VFX Boss on Crafting the Perfect Zombie Tiger - ComicBook.com - June 1st, 2021
- The Zombie-Mall Weirdness of Going to the Movies Again - The New York Times - June 1st, 2021
- 710 freeway expansion is a zombie project from another era - Los Angeles Times - June 1st, 2021
- How VFX Artists Made the Zombie Horse in 'Army of the Dead' - menshealth.com - June 1st, 2021
- Biden Won't Give Up on Zombie Infrastructure Deal - The Daily Beast - June 1st, 2021
- The Outrageous Bride magazine that is tapping into new trend for zombie, Goth and even Viking weddings - Business Live - June 1st, 2021
- 'Zombie universities' face drastic action as births fall - University World News - June 1st, 2021
- Zombie heist movie Army of the Dead descends to the depths of mediocrity - CultureMap Austin - June 1st, 2021
- Were Living Through the DLC-ification of Movies and TV - Observer - June 1st, 2021
- Texans Must Now Face 'Zombie Trees' as a Result of the Historic Winter Storm - ourcommunitynow.com - June 1st, 2021
- The Zombie Comedy Killing It On Netflix Right Now Looper - Looper - May 8th, 2021
- Army of the Dead Scene with Full Frontal Zombie Nudity Didnt Make Final Cut: Its Too Much - IndieWire - May 8th, 2021
- Army Of The Dead removed scene with full-frontal zombie nudity from final cut - NME - May 8th, 2021
- Play Days Gone without the annoying zombie hordes with Open Country - PCGamesN - May 8th, 2021
- Ranking All 8 ROB ZOMBIE Movies Worst to Best - Dread Central - May 8th, 2021
- Serial pleasures: The TV series that got us through lockdown - The Irish Times - May 8th, 2021
- George A. Romeros final zombie film is being finished by his widow - NME - May 8th, 2021
- New 'Army of the Dead' Clip Teases New Type of Zombies - HYPEBEAST - May 8th, 2021
- Mystery as zombie nuclear fires REIGNITE at Chernobyl blast site 35 years on sparking fears of another di... - The Sun - May 8th, 2021
- Desi Nostradamus is wrong. The zombies are already here - The Times of India Blog - May 8th, 2021
- The best tower defense games on PC - PCGamesN - May 8th, 2021
- This place in Lancashire is deemed one of the least likely places to survive a zombie apocalypse - Lancashire Telegraph - May 8th, 2021
- What will the end of the pandemic mean for zombie companies? - Raconteur - April 23rd, 2021
- Army of the Dead: How Zack Snyder Is Revolutionizing Zombie Movies - Den of Geek - April 23rd, 2021
- Beware the 'Zoom Zombie'? - Land Line Opinion % - Land Line Media - April 23rd, 2021
- Slipknot, Rob Zombie and Mudvayne to headline Inkcarceration Music & Tattoo Festival 2021 - Louder - April 23rd, 2021
- Zack Snyders Army of the Dead VFX Team Used Carole Baskins Tiger to Create the Zombie Tiger - IndieWire - April 23rd, 2021
- Forget Everything and Run review scenic zombie adventure lacks bite - The Guardian - April 23rd, 2021
- Army of the Dead: What Excites Us About Zack Snyders Zombie Epic - ComingSoon.net - April 23rd, 2021
- CGI Zombie Tiger In Army Of The Dead Was Modeled After Carole Baskin's Own Tiger - GameSpot - April 23rd, 2021
- What a Zombie Basketball Player From 2026 Has to Do With NIL and NFTs - SportTechie - April 23rd, 2021
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Shows His Son As A Zombie On 'The Walking Dead' - UPROXX - April 23rd, 2021
- Halo 3 goes horror with a Call Of Duty-inspired zombies mod - PC Gamer - April 23rd, 2021
- Preview: Zombie Hornets try to survive against maybe KD and the Brooklyn Nets - At The Hive - April 23rd, 2021
- An invasion of corporate zombies may still be on the horizon - Sydney Morning Herald - April 23rd, 2021
- Two Teens with Down Syndrome Made Their Dream Zombie Movie. The Documentary SAM AND MATTIE MAKE A ZOMBIE MOVIE is the Story of How They Did It - Now... - April 23rd, 2021
- History will not be kind to Tokyo's 'zombie Olympics' - Nikkei Asia - April 5th, 2021
- Researchers discover "Zombie Genes" in the brain that come to life after death - CMU The Tartan Online - April 5th, 2021
- Geoengineering the climate: The zombie idea that just won't die - Resilience - April 5th, 2021
- Hilarie Burton Worried She'd Make a 'Bad Zombie' On The Walking Dead - TooFab - April 5th, 2021
- The Guitar Zombie Apocalypse Is Real - Premier Guitar - April 5th, 2021
- Call of Duty: Warzone's Zombies Move to a New Location - ComicBook.com - April 5th, 2021
- Corey Taylors Zombie Versus Ninja movie will commence shooting this year - Louder - April 5th, 2021
- Is Zombie Army 4 multiplayer? Heres all we know about the Rebellion Developments release - Republic TV - April 5th, 2021
- What are 'zombie mines'? What do they have to do with Malcolm Turnbull? - ABC News - April 5th, 2021
- The Best Zombie Movie According To Reddit Isn't What You'd Think - Looper - April 5th, 2021
- Zombie (The Cranberries song) - Wikipedia - March 9th, 2021
- How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse, According to the CDC - Inside Edition - March 9th, 2021
- The CDC wants you to prepare for a zombie apocalypse. (Yes, you read that right.) - USA TODAY - March 9th, 2021
- Call of Duty's Zombie Easter Eggs Were Too Hard, So Cold War Season 2 Is Simplifying Things - Kotaku - March 9th, 2021
- Resident Evil 3 Did Army of the Dead's Zombie Vegas 14 Years Ago - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- The perfect Call of Duty zombies mode is here, and it's not Outbreak - PC Gamer - March 9th, 2021
- CDC Offers Guide to Survive Zombie Apocalypse and Other Natural Disasters - Complex - March 9th, 2021
- Zombie Soil: The Harmful Result of Industrial Farming | Earth 911 - Earth911.com - March 9th, 2021
- Call of Duty Warzone Crossover With Zombies Teased on Twitter - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- 'Zombie' cicadas could be on your doorstep this summer - Times-West Virginian - March 9th, 2021
- How to Find Flawless Aetherium Crystals in COD: Zombies Outbreak - Screen Rant - March 9th, 2021
- Resurrected The Walking Dead star Lauren Cohan tells Conan her best zombie kill nicknames - The A.V. Club - March 9th, 2021
- Warzone yellow access cards - how to survive the new shipwreck zombies event - Gamesradar - March 9th, 2021
- WTOPs Beer of the Week: 3 Floyds Zombie Dust Pale Ale - WTOP - March 9th, 2021
- Indias zombie home fund set to deliver thousands of apartments - The Real Deal - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie infection threat as country unlocks 50,000-year-old viruses - Yahoo News Australia - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs the Zombie rises from his grave this March for PC via Steam - PC Invasion - February 20th, 2021
- Zombie Hit Train To Busan Is Getting A US Remake - GameSpot - February 20th, 2021
- Rob Zombie says the meat industrys future is unsustainable - NME.com - February 20th, 2021
- Stubbs The Zombie In Rebel Without A Pulse - Yahoo Entertainment - February 20th, 2021
- Batista Wanted To Play A Zombie On The Walking Dead, Rejected For Being "Too Big" - Fightful - February 20th, 2021
- Dave Bautista told he was too big to play zombie on The Walking Dead - NME - February 17th, 2021
- Dave Bautista Offered To Play A Zombie For Free On The Walking Dead - Screen Rant - February 17th, 2021
- Is plurilateralism making the WTO an institutional zombie? - East Asia Forum - February 17th, 2021
- REVIEW: Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, Vol. 1 is a Comedic Zombie Apocalypse - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 17th, 2021
- Don't Eat Pete is a zombie survival game that's available now for Android in Early Access - Pocket Gamer - February 17th, 2021
- Call of Duty Warzone seems to be teasing Zombies - Gamesradar - February 17th, 2021
- James Gunn Weighs In On Whether Zombies Or Vampires Are More Dangerous - Looper - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead back on the march - Stuff.co.nz - February 17th, 2021
- The Walking Dead Turned Dave Bautista Down for a Zombie Role - Superherohype.com - February 16th, 2021
- Army of the Dead Image Teases Zombie Heist Movie - /FILM - February 16th, 2021
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero