Zombies are melee, hostile mobs that spawn in areas with a light level of 7 or less. They are found within nearly all Minecraft biomesand burn in the daylight.
Zombies are sometimes considered the least dangerous hostile mob in the game because they are slow and can only use close-range melee attacks. However, it is possible for several zombies to collaborate and attack as a team (referred to as a siegeor horde), making them more difficult to overcome. Zombies come in many different variations as well, each with their own unique attacking abilities, or inflict a certain effect.
A zombie will target a player when he or she is within a 40 block radius. Zombies can jump 1 block up and will crowd around doors when in pursuit of players and villagers (in Hard mode, they will break wooden doors down). Zombies also occasionally spawn with the ability to equip dropped armor and weapons. Any item equipped in this way will be dropped after the zombie is killed. Zombies will also not drop down into an area if the ledge is taller than five blocks.
Zombies spawn in unlit areas either above ground or underground. They will attempt to break down one's door. When the sun rises, they will burn to death above ground if they aren't under a solid block and don't have a helmet. As of 1.2.3, they also have a chance of spawning with a pumpkin or jack o' lantern on their head (during Halloween), wearing a random type of armor or wielding an iron sword or shovel.
Occasionally, zombies will attack villagers. However, zombie villagers can be healed by using a splash potion of weakness on them and then giving them a golden apple. They heal faster by making a makeshift jail cell for the villager with iron bars and a bed.
When killed, zombies drop 02 pieces of rotten flesh. Rotten flesh can be eaten by a player, but it has an 80% chance of giving a player Food Poisoning. Rotten flesh can safely be used to heal and breed tamed wolves without any risk of the wolf being poisoned, as wolves are immune to rotten flesh poisoning. Also, players can trade rotten flesh with cleric Villagers.
Because they also drop carrots and potatoes on occasion, a player can use a zombie Mob Spawner from a dungeon to potentially collect carrots and potatoes in order to start or supplement a vegetable garden.
Zombies will rarely drop shovels, swords, carrots, potatoes, and armor (if equipped). The looting enchantment increases the chance for these items to drop. Zombies can spawn with and drop Chain Armor. These items will only drop from zombies killed by a player.
A Golden-armored Zombie, as of 1.6
A baby Zombie, spawned with a Spawn Egg.
Zombies are easily identified by their green skin and blue shirts. They also wear dark blue/purple trousers and are the only mobs that are dressed like the default player (Steve). This makes them easy to identify if playing on single player, due to the fact that there are no other players. They make constant moaning noises when they are nearby, giving away their location and allowing a player to prepare to fight. This can be used when mining underground. Following the moaning noises can assist a player in finding a cave, or dungeon.Other zombie types wear different clothing. (eg. a Husk wears a desert outfit) The zombie villager used to wear the same outfit as a zombie, but later got changed to what the village would have been wearing in a later update.
One of the rarest mobs in the game: the Chicken Jockey.
Baby zombies are a mini version of regular zombies which have a rare chance to spawn in either Creative Mode or Survival Mode, with cheats, or with a spawn egg. In 1.6.2, normal baby zombies would spawn, but rarely. Since 1.7, it is now common for a baby zombie to spawn, and there is an extremely rare chance for a baby zombie to spawn riding a chicken. This is called a chicken jockey. As of 1.13, baby zombies now burn in sunlight(except for zombie pigmen and husks). Baby zombies (and their counterparts) are the same as zombies with these exceptions:
Baby villagers are made by villagers when there are a sufficient amount of doors in a village. Baby villagers may turn into baby zombie villagers when they are killed by zombies.
Because they can only use melee attacks, they're easy to farm if one is prepared correctly. Just get a ladderin a building 4 blocks high with a roof, then make a door , and then attack a zombie, and then let him follow. Then, when the zombie comes in, shut the door, climb up the ladder, and get out. Also, placing glass around the building allows for a good view. Just make a hole 4 blocks deep, and then put a trap door at the top, and then follow it with redstone with a lever, then pull the lever when a zombie comes.
Another way to farm zombies is to wall off a zombie spawner, make a hole a single block-wide into the spawner, and chop at the zombies' feet. Make sure to be sealed off from the surrounding cavern, if applicable, and be careful. Baby zombies can still run through the hole and attack. This will have the benefit of collecting massive quantities of rotten flesh, as well as the possibility of harvesting carrots, potatoes, and the occasional iron ingot.
The most basic way is to find a dungeon with a spawner in it, then make a 2 block high pit, which then you can safely kill them all. Extending pit depth to around 10 blocks will allow the player to kill zombies more easily after they're weakened by damage from falling.
Zombies are somewhat easy to defeat. They are slow and have no ranged attacks, but if shot with an arrow, they will attack with however many zombies are next to it. They will also do the same if attacked with a sword (As of 1.5). Zombies can be defeated with any weapon. A good sword will easily dispatch a zombie. The only hazard about zombies is their tendency to spawn in groups, which makes them a danger for unprepared or unskilled players. They are also capable of spawning with armor, giving them extra durability. Zombies wearing headgear will not burn up in sunlight, but their headgear's durability will eventually run out and break, leaving it exposed to the Sun. Also, be aware that, since 1.6.4, zombies will call other zombies to "help." Within seconds, more zombies will pursue a player. The way to prevent this is to kill the zombie as quick as possible.
Regular zombies wear default (Steve-like) clothing, and are the most basic and common type of zombie. They were the second hostile mob to be added followed by the human mob, which was removed.
Zombie villagers are zombies that have a 5% chance to spawn in place of a regular zombie. They also spawn when a villager successfully gets killed by a zombie. This will also happen on the current difficulty. As of 1.11, zombie villagers have new sounds.
Husks spawn in deserts. They have an 80% chance to spawn under the desert sky in place of a regular zombie. Unlike regular zombies though, husks don't burn in sunlight, and can also inflict the hunger effect.
Unlike most other zombies, zombie pigmen are neutral. They will also not chase villagers. Zombie pigmen only spawn in the Nether, or when a pig is struck by lightning. They will also spawn holding a gold sword and are immune to fire damage.
Zombie horses are passive mobs and cannot be spawned in normal gameplay. However, they can be summoned via commands or by a spawn egg in the creative inventory.
Drowned are hostile zombie-like mobs, that, similar to the husk, spawn in exclusive biomes, but only in the ocean. They meet the criteria, as they drop rotten flesh. They do have a rare chance to wield a trident or a fishing rod, and have an 8.5% chance to drop them. Drowned mobs will also chase villagers.
- Zombie Games - Free Online Zombie Games at Addicting Games - September 29th, 2019
- Zombie Games - Y8.COM - September 29th, 2019
- Zombie - Monsters - D&D Beyond - September 29th, 2019
- Zombie Games - Download PC Games Free - September 29th, 2019
- BAD WOLVES Zombie Lyrics | Genius Lyrics - September 29th, 2019
- Zombie Villager Official Minecraft Wiki - September 29th, 2019
- Zombie | Call of Duty Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - September 29th, 2019
- Raise Zombie - Official Path of Exile Wiki - September 29th, 2019
- Zombie - MTG Wiki - May 13th, 2019
- ZOMBIE GAMES Online - Play Free Zombie Games at Poki.com! - April 20th, 2019
- Bad Wolves - Zombie (Official Video) - April 13th, 2019
- Zombie | Yu-Gi-Oh! | FANDOM powered by Wikia - March 19th, 2019
- Zombie Trailer Park | Addicting Games - March 8th, 2019
- Zombie Cocktail Recipe - Liquor.com - February 26th, 2019
- Zombie deer disease: Why deer with CWD are nothing like ... - February 19th, 2019
- Nazi Horror Zombie Movie Review - Zombie Picture - February 16th, 2019
- Zombie Fest Northwest Normandy Park Washington ... - February 16th, 2019
- Zombie | Wookieepedia | FANDOM powered by Wikia - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie | fictional creature | Britannica.com - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie - Monster Girl Encyclopedia Wiki - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie royale.io - Play Zombieroyale io battle, unblocked - December 12th, 2018
- Zombie - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - December 11th, 2018
- Zombie | RuneScape Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - December 11th, 2018
- Zombies - Investopedia - December 11th, 2018
- Zombi 2 (1980) - Rotten Tomatoes - December 11th, 2018
- The Ultimate Zombie Apocalypse Survival Quiz - December 11th, 2018
- Zombie | Plants vs. Zombies Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia - December 9th, 2018
- Amazon.com: Zombie: Tisa Farrow, Ian McCulloch, Al Cliver ... - August 9th, 2018
- Zombie Games - Free Online Zombie Games - July 18th, 2018
- Zombie Official Minecraft Wiki - July 3rd, 2018
- Zombie Chase Parkour POV - YouTube - June 21st, 2018
- Sightings of 'zombie' dogs prompt warnings in Chicago - The San Diego Union-Tribune - September 7th, 2017
- YWCA prepares for 2nd annual zombie run - KFYR-TV - September 7th, 2017
- Langhorne Slim Releases "Zombie" off Forthcoming New Album Lost at Last Vol. 1 - Paste Magazine - September 7th, 2017
- 'Zombie' coyotes reportedly seen in suburbs, and residents warned to keep away - Chicago Tribune - September 6th, 2017
- ARZombi Is A Zombie Shooter Made Using ARKit - UploadVR - September 6th, 2017
- Should You Forgive Your Zombie Relative? Ellen Page In 'The Cured' Watch TIFF Clip - Deadline - September 6th, 2017
- 'Zombie dogs' are roaming the suburbs of Chicago - The Week Magazine - September 6th, 2017
- Zombie Walk to benefit local charity - Bowling Green Daily News - September 6th, 2017
- Zombie Run will benefit Muskogee Animal Shelter - Muskogee Daily Phoenix - September 6th, 2017
- New 'The Walking Dead' AR app tests your zombie battle plan - CNET - CNET - September 6th, 2017
- Watch an extreme scene from TIFF zombie film Les Affams - EW.com - September 6th, 2017
- 9th Circuit Revives Class Action Over 'Zombie' Smartphone Cookies - Courthouse News Service - September 6th, 2017
- SecureView: Assemblyman James Skoufis Hosts Demonstration to Clean Up Zombie Property Blight - Markets Insider - September 6th, 2017
- Chicago's Newest Problem Is An Invasion Of ZOMBIE DOGS - The Daily Caller - September 5th, 2017
- Daily Deal: Zombie Army Trilogy Is 80% Off On Steam - Gameranx (blog) - September 5th, 2017
- 'Zombie' dogs are actually infected coyotes, police warn - Atlanta Journal Constitution - September 5th, 2017
- Your daily 6: A third child for William and Kate; zombie dogs in Chicago - STLtoday.com - September 5th, 2017
- 'Zombie dogs' roaming near Chicago are infected coyotes, police ... - Fox News - September 3rd, 2017
- Railey: Confronting 'zombie mindsets' and a Charlottesville martyr - Winston-Salem Journal - September 3rd, 2017
- Trump Pardons Zombie Apocalypse - Indian Country Today Media Network - September 3rd, 2017
- Police warn of infected 'zombie' coyotes confused for stray dogs - KCRA Sacramento - September 2nd, 2017
- Survive An Augmented Zombie Reality In Walking Dead: Our World - Shacknews - September 2nd, 2017
- The Bentley You Need For The Zombie Apocalypse Is Finally For Sale - Jalopnik - September 1st, 2017
- Cops warn residents to avoid mange-infected coyotes labeled 'zombie dogs' - New York Daily News - September 1st, 2017
- Cops Warn of Infected 'Zombie' Coyotes Confused for Stray Dogs in ... - NBC Chicago - September 1st, 2017
- 'Zombie' drug Spice addict grabbed terrified girl, 5, outside Primark and gave her a 'bear hug' - Mirror.co.uk - September 1st, 2017
- Rome on cutting edge for dealing with zombie properties - Utica Observer Dispatch - August 31st, 2017
- The Mask Hides My Ugliness: Violence and Trauma in Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' - The Film Stage (blog) - August 31st, 2017
- The Syllabus: Zombie Charlotte Law (updated) - Greensboro News & Record (blog) - August 31st, 2017
- The Night King and Zombie Viserion are comingin Funko Pop! form - Winter Is Coming - August 31st, 2017
- Death of Spain's Zombie Lenders Sends Bank Jobs to Decade Low - Bloomberg - August 31st, 2017
- Rob Zombie's Halloween 10th anniversary: How Tyler Mane ... - EW.com - August 30th, 2017
- Call of Duty Black Ops III and Zombie Chronicles Officially Bundled Together - Twinfinite - August 30th, 2017
- Here a few of Lil Uzi Vert's favorite things: Rob Zombie, Rugrats and more - Alternative Press - August 30th, 2017
- Zombie shooter Dead Alliance now available - Flickering Myth (blog) - August 30th, 2017
- Brooklyn Decker Compares Herself to 'Zombie Taylor Swift' in 'Look What You Made Me Do' Music Video - Us Weekly - August 29th, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII's Zombies Is Changing its Tone and That's Exactly What it Needs - Twinfinite - August 29th, 2017
- Rob Zombie on Tobe Hooper: 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre' Changed My Life - RollingStone.com - August 28th, 2017
- 'Zombie' translation book authored by Ashland professor - Richland Source - August 28th, 2017
- City set to file first court action against 'zombie property' - Rome Sentinel - August 28th, 2017
- Zombies, romance and revenge drive record 'Game of Thrones' ratings - Reuters - August 28th, 2017
- Video: President Trump's zombie claim of widespread voter fraud in the 2016 election - Washington Post - August 28th, 2017
- Hudson Confidential: 'Zombie' utility poles outlawed in Cornwall-on-Hudson - Times Herald-Record - August 28th, 2017
- Falls steps up its fight against 'zombie homes' - Niagara Gazette - August 28th, 2017
- City seeks help in identifying 'zombie properties' - The Recorder (subscription) - August 28th, 2017
- Zombie homes shame campaign spreads to Niagara Falls - Spectrum News - August 26th, 2017
- Zombie run scheduled at Castle of Muskogee - Tulsa World - August 26th, 2017
- 19 Years Ago: Rob Zombie Debuts His Solo Album "Hellbilly Deluxe" - WAAF.com (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- What can the Zombie Apocalypse teach us about ourselves? [Video] - OUPblog (blog) - August 25th, 2017
Reviewed and Recommended by Erik Baquero